Making my binder - need help

Vegas Teacher

Hello All!

I am making my 3 ring binder to be able to pull out and give to "L.E.O.'s" if pulled over again. When I was pulled over in February and had my surprise safety inspection I was very lucky that the Highway patrol that pulled me over knew the law. However if I travel out of state it might be different. I do not have a CDL here in Nevada because it is not needed. I am registered as a private truck non-commercial. I just got off of the phone with the California Highway Patrol and the officer on the phone said that if it is acceptable in Nevada we will accept it but have the code written out or printed off so they can look it up. I don't know where to look for that code or which specific code it is. If anybody can help me with a link to that code and tell me which code to highlight it would be greatly appreciated. When I make day trips I am going to be running bobtail without a trailer to go to Schutzhund practice in Delano California. I also have to drive past a "Chicken Coupe" just outside of Tehachapi California and I guess I have to drive through there and get weighted. So an advice on how to set up my 3 ring and the order you all have been successful with would be a huge help. The codes are important.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Sincerely,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana

Did you try the resource guide? 

I have the state rules for our state printed out from the DMV website that shows I need a Class F license on our state (SC) but not a CDL. 

Can't help you in Nevada. Good luck in your search.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

There was a topic years ago.  I search for it but couldn't find it.  Big5er schooled all of us on how to organize it and what was needed.  I had to use it a few times and it comes in handy.  Maybe he will chime in.

Bob  

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

21 minutes ago, Radar274 said:

There was a topic years ago.  I search for it but couldn't find it.  Big5er schooled all of us on how to organize it and what was needed.  I had to use it a few times and it comes in handy.  Maybe he will chime in.

Bob  

Here's one thread.

And another.

Back when there was entertaining discourse from some who have since found other things to do. I only wish I could be one tenth as entertaining as Dolley Trolley.. Jay

Cory,

What we have in our book are the state statues that allow your truck on the road as a non commercially regulated vehicle.  We have those nicely highlighted.

So on the cover is a pic of the truck and trailer connected in travel mode.

Inside the front in a is our registration card (Truck is titled as a Motorhome) in a plastic paper shield thing that you put the paper in then attach the holes thru the binder rings....

Next is insurance- Truck, RV, Smart Car- all the current year

Next is the main South Dakota state statue that gives the description of the vehicle, after that are some of the sub statues that are relevant.

Also included are the South Dakota drivers license requirements for our truck.  That one is important when a local county DOT enforcement officer thinks he has a book of tickets to write you.

I also keep a current DOT inspection in the book.  Usually just the current year, but shows that the truck is in safe operating condition (At least at one time)

We keep a copy of the truck title showing how its registered in SD.

That generally covers it.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Cory,

Check out this web page from the state of Nevada.

https://dmvnv.com/nvdl.htm

and Page 4 and 5 of this document

https://dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbookabj.pdf

On edit, I think I misunderstood the question you sent me via text.  I thought you were looking for a CA code that would let you drive your NV registered truck with your NV driver license in CA.  

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

16 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

On edit, I think I misunderstood the question you sent me via text.  I thought you were looking for a CA code that would let you drive your NV registered truck with your NV driver license in CA.  

Yes I am looking for anything that might make my life easier if I drive into California in my truck.

Cory, Jim's list is fairly inclusive, the only thing I would add is a copy of the trailer registration just to show that the entire combination is yours.

Don't you hand with some Nevada cops? They could point you in the direction of the section of Nevada law that states your truck can be registered as a personal truck or MH or whatever Nevada lets you do.

Simply print a copy of that section and carry it. Registration is reciprocal. If Nevada says you can do it, then other states have to accept that. 

Check your PM for my cell number, since you obviously didn't keep it  :) :) 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Cory, Jim's list is fairly inclusive, the only thing I would add is a copy of the trailer registration just to show that the entire combination is yours.

Don't you hand with some Nevada cops? They could point you in the direction of the section of Nevada law that states your truck can be registered as a personal truck or MH or whatever Nevada lets you do.

Simply print a copy of that section and carry it. Registration is reciprocal. If Nevada says you can do it, then other states have to accept that. 

Check your PM for my cell number, since you obviously didn't keep it  :) :) 

I kept your number! 😎

This is what I did. I got a 3 ring binder with the clear plastic sleeves. 

Page 1 has registration for the truck and insurance card.

Page 2 has trailer registration and its insurance card.

Page 3 has a copy of the state rules from my local DMV.

Page 4 is where I keep my maintenance records. Mileage for oil changes, filter numbers and the like.

Page 5 is my extend warranty information for the trailer.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.