SOUTH bound and DOWN, Quartszite via Clear Lake................

mr. cob

Howdy All,

It's finally happening, getting the heck out of the Nor-Wet GLOOM, trailer is loaded, truck has been checked out, new wiper blades installed, fuel tanks are full, leaving at O:dark 30 in the AM.  First stop will be over-night at Walmart in Grants Pass, next mooch-docking at Chad's home to get some LED light bars wired on the CAN AM, hopefully get the electric bunks to go up and down in the trailer then we will convoy to Quartszite where we will meet up with HDT friends and do some quality camping and lie swapping.

This last year has been a rough one, recovering from having both knees replaced, then the house arrest ever since we got home in April, and just recently having spinal surgery to clear out the cartilage that had been pressing on my sciatic nerve causing all kinds of misery, we NEED a break.  I hope others are getting away or soon will be to enjoy yourselves other then being cooped up and locked down.  Safe travels to all, catch ya on the flip flop, 10-4

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Mr Cob,

We will be meeting up with you in Barstow and caravan into Quartzite together. I think I met you briefly at the first WC rally in Sparks, NV. We are coming down 395 from Northern Nevada. Drive safe and have a wonderful trip. See you soon!

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

23 minutes ago, noteven said:

...sigh....

Say howdy to Donna, Newt, Willy

and Chad 'n them 

Signed,

Hunkered Down

Flyover County, AB

Howdy noteven,

Will do.  I am going to miss visiting with many of my Canadian friends again this winter, missed all ya all not being able to make the WCR.  Hoping some sanity will soon prevail in your country, I have pretty much given up on mine.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

41 minutes ago, Tahoe Shark said:

Mr Cob,

We will be meeting up with you in Barstow and caravan into Quartzite together. I think I met you briefly at the first WC rally in Sparks, NV. We are coming down 395 from Northern Nevada. Drive safe and have a wonderful trip. See you soon!

Howdy Tim,

Please forgive me, I have met so many people over the years I can't keep names straight but I am pretty good remembering faces and vehicles when I see them again.  It will be fun to add you to our little convoy, I'll do my best to keep up.  Safe travels to you.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
cuz eye kant sqel

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

You folks have fun and be safe.

We won't get near Quartzite, but we'll pull out in a couple weeks and meander our way to West Texas, where we'll meet up with LD and Judy Osborne for the Cowboy Poetry Week in Alpine.  Time will be spent in other interesting plces as we travel to and fro.  Bandera and Terlingua are on the short list.  Motor scooters will be stowed for our riding pleasure.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 minute ago, rickeieio said:

You folks have fun and be safe.

We won't get near Quartzite, but we'll pull out in a couple weeks and meander our way to West Texas, where we'll meet up with LD and Judy Osborne for the Cowboy Poetry Week in Alpine.  Time will be spent in other interesting plces as we travel to and fro.  Bandera and Terlingua are on the short list.  Motor scooters will be stowed for our riding pleasure.

Howdy ricky,

"I" for one don't plan on going to the big tent, to crazy for me even if it weren't for the health risk.  I am going down there to be like  snake or a lizard and sun myself on the warm sand and rocks, these old bones are sick and tired of the damp cold where we live.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tahoe Shark said:

I am extremely un-rememberable. Don’t worry about it. From what I have been told, we will be the keeping up part.

Howdy Tim,

I have the opposite problem, I can't tell you how many times people will walk up to me and start talking to me like we are life long friends, and I don't remember where or when I met them, going to a lot of different kinds of rallies over the years has that affect.  I hope they remember me because of something good that I did not something dumb.  I have an old truck, it meanders down the road, Chad, has the new rebuilt engine he's the one you have to keep in sight.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
cuz i stil kant sqel

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tahoe Shark said:

I camp with Chad all the time. We will see “ grasshopper”. Looking forward to meeting up.

Howdy Tim,

Well, your last post changes things, if you know Chad well and camp with him often you have probably heard rumors of my inability to drive 55mph.  If that is true, I will have to plead the 5th Amendment, and say no more as I don't want to incriminate myself.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

See you Sunday Dave.  We have another HDTer here right now and you guys will be crossing paths for a day or so at my place due to some delays on a part.  It will be like a mini rally here before we go to the bigger one in Quartzsite to prepare for the WCR in June.  😜

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

1 minute ago, Chad Heiser said:

See you Sunday Dave.  We have another HDTer here right now and you guys will be crossing paths for a day or so at my place due to some delays on a part.  It will be like a mini rally here before we go to the bigger one in Quartzsite to prepare for the WCR in June.  😜

Howdy Chad,

Sounds like fun to me.  Is there room for me to turn around up by your home and park down below like the first time I stayed at your home?  Did you get that tree taken down to make the turn around easier for my ole long nose truck? 

Going to hit the hay in a bit, I don't know why, won't be able to sleep anyway, it's always this way when I am going someplace but especially now after being at home for so long.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

48 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Dave,

You know if you get to Vegas hollar at me. I have to show you the progress on my truck! Have fun and safe travels to you!

Later Cory Ossana 

Howdy Cory,

Maybe on the way home we can stop by your home, no promises depends on weather and finding a place to spend the night, they weren't real happy with me when I stayed at the Walmart a few miles from you the last time I stopped.  Right now the "mission" is to escape and evade the Nor-Wet ASAP.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

Sounds like fun to me.  Is there room for me to turn around up by your home and park down below like the first time I stayed at your home?  Did you get that tree taken down to make the turn around easier for my ole long nose truck? 

Going to hit the hay in a bit, I don't know why, won't be able to sleep anyway, it's always this way when I am going someplace but especially now after being at home for so long.

Dave

There will be room for you.  I did take out the lower tree in the turn around so it shouldn't be a problem for you.  There is also a 50 amp plug at the power pole now if you need it.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Dave glad to hear that you are all (??) recovered and able to be back on the road again. Hopefully you are past the medical problems now and will be able to enjoy your toys again. We pulled into our winter quarters in Edinburg, TX on the first of Dec. and are now kinda hunkering on the golf course for 4 months🤪. Golf 3 - 4 ties a week is stressful😁 and my game is not improving (Lets be honest. My game has not improved since I was 16) but I'm having a lot of fun. We have about 80% of our normal bunch (missing all the Canadians) but we are managing. You guys have a good time out there and tell Chad not to let the smoke out of those lights for the Can-Am.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

8 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

There will be room for you.  I did take out the lower tree in the turn around so it shouldn't be a problem for you.  There is also a 50 amp plug at the power pole now if you need it.

Howdy Chad, good morning to you Sir.

Sounds like you have been busy, took the tree out and put power in, pretty soon I'll be bugging you to adopt me.:D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Dave glad to hear that you are all (??) recovered and able to be back on the road again. Hopefully you are past the medical problems now and will be able to enjoy your toys again. We pulled into our winter quarters in Edinburg, TX on the first of Dec. and are now kinda hunkering on the golf course for 4 months🤪. Golf 3 - 4 ties a week is stressful😁 and my game is not improving (Lets be honest. My game has not improved since I was 16) but I'm having a lot of fun. We have about 80% of our normal bunch (missing all the Canadians) but we are managing. You guys have a good time out there and tell Chad not to let the smoke out of those lights for the Can-Am.

Brad

Howdy Brad,

Until the darn sciatic hit me real hard the knee recovery was coming along great.  The back surgery went wonderfully, no back pain at all however it triggered the nerves that were cut during the knee replacements so now I am having occasional nerve pain that is quite sever and it has over all set back my walking ability, I am now using two canes but I am getting BETTER.  I think getting out of this horrible damp-cold climate is going to do wonders for my over all condition.

Glad to hear you enjoying yourself, I tried golf, ONCE, I was as successful at golf as I was when attempting to water ski but at least I didn't nearly drown.  I was never any good at any sport that didn't involve burning tires, clutches and some sort of fuel.

Air pressure is built up, Donna is putting the last of the bathroom stuff in the trailer, the Dogs are running around acting crazy I guess it's time to let that big yeller Kitty get to walking.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

18 hours ago, Tahoe Shark said:

I camp with Chad all the time. We will see “ grasshopper”. Looking forward to meeting up.

Tim, I've traveled with Chad and Dave. I just get out of the way and let those big horse power trucks lead the way and maybe catch the draft!  :) Have fun in "Q" wish I could join you guys. I'm just hoping the border is open by WCR time. Locked down in Canada.

If I can catch them I figure 2 mph increase from the draft.

I really hope we can hook up this year. I loved our discussions of snowmobile racing and tuning. I am a bit older but still remember grinding on the clutch weights trying to get the most performance out of the clutch.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

On 1/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, mr. cob said:

you have probably heard rumors of my inability to drive 55mph

Given what you have shared here your health issues specifically your leg function, it may be time to "teach" yourself  to slow down and leave more room for reacting in traffic events.  Since your legs arent moving as well as they used to, leaving a bit more room might be welcome to those around you on the road.

Seems as we get older, we all have to realize that we "just arent as young and nimble as we used to be".  I certainly discover that every day I go to work and my mind tells me to do some things I have done a thousand times, but my body vetos that thought, most every time.

Enjoy the journey. 

Marcel

On 1/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, rpsinc said:

Given what you have shared here your health issues specifically your leg function, it may be time to "teach" yourself  to slow down and leave more room for reacting in traffic events.  Since your legs arent moving as well as they used to, leaving a bit more room might be welcome to those around you on the road.

Seems as we get older, we all have to realize that we "just arent as young and nimble as we used to be".  I certainly discover that every day I go to work and my mind tells me to do some things I have done a thousand times, but my body vetos that thought, most every time.

Enjoy the journey. 

Howdy rpsinc,

Your words are wise and well headed.  I fully realize I am not 50 anymore, I have slowed down considerably compared to what I used to be.  I don't have any problems driving the truck or cars, it's the motorcycles that may have to be retired sad as that is as they have been a major component of my life for over 60 years.

I have even in my wilder days always considered the RISK to OTHERS not so much to myself but I have striven to never put others at risk when doing what ever it is that I enjoy doing.  I have put up with a lot of grief from my Sport Bike friends especially back when I was in that mode as I wouldn't make some of the what in my mind were public endangering passes that they would make while riding on mountain roads.  I would take risk for my pleasure not to endanger others, if I wasn't 100%+ sure that I could make a pass without scaring or endangering other I would NOT do it.

There is fun and then there is stupidity, I have always enjoyed pushing the envelope but I couldn't have survived as long as I have doing what I have done if I had been stupid whilst doing it.  That said, getting old and losing your edge is a hard thing to acknowledge and live within your new boundaries.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

getting old and losing your edge is a hard thing to acknowledge and live within your new boundaries.

I am right there with you.  The reality of what happens to our abilities and capabilities is another in a ongoing path to being honest with ourselves.  I dont like it, but continue to work at accepting it.

Marcel

Some say getting old sucks.  I say, getting old was fun.  It's BEING old that sucks.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net