Guesses about next year

agesilaus

KOA does an annual camping survey and this year they did it three times. The last time this fall. The survey covers all cg not just KOA. According to RV Miles vblog discussing this, only 18% if new campers plan to camp next year. Now a lot of these folks were tenters, cabin renters and RV renters. So the suspicion is that most of the massive drop off will occur with those folks. Maybe not so much in people who bought an RV. But no one knows.
We did see an extraordinary number of tenters this summer. And what seemed to be a larger number of small Class C's, prime rentals. If their guess is correct those people who bought RV's thinking that they could rent them to make money or at least pay for the RV are going to be hard hit.

So the frenzy may recede and camping return to a more normal pace.

Here is the vblog, this conversation starts around 15 minutes but there is a lot more info in this episode:RV Miles

I just started following this vblog but it looks interesting so far.

Edited by agesilaus

1 hour ago, kurtsara said:

Isn’t that what forums are also?

Yes but a blog or vblog is one person's opinion whereas a forum usually has lots of people giving opinions so you get more of an overview. Unless, of course, there are links to original source material but even that is sometimes just a different opinion piece.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Yes but a blog or vblog is one person's opinion whereas a forum usually has lots of people giving opinions so you get more of an overview.

This vblog is like watching paint dry if paint could talk . . . for over an hour.

The witty repartee between this vlog couple is imagined at best, and the two just keep going on and on and on . . . and then there are the commercials interspersed throughout their 1 hour, 5 minute, and 19 second talkathon. Lovely.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Read the comments in these vblogs, plenty of opinions in there...heh. These vblogs do provide info that I never would have heard about otherwise. The KOA survey for one. Of course you have to form your own opinion. So what is YOUR opinion that disagrees with the bloggers? And why?

4 hours ago, agesilaus said:

So what is YOUR opinion that disagrees with the bloggers? And why?

Asking this is like asking what I think of a TV commercial. Nothing.

This is yet another monitized blogger looking for views & cash using happy talk.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

18 hours ago, Zulu said:

This vblog is like watching paint dry if paint could talk . . . for over an hour.

The witty repartee between this vlog couple is imagined at best, and the two just keep going on and on and on . . . and then there are the commercials interspersed throughout their 1 hour, 5 minute, and 19 second talkathon. Lovely.

Thanks Zulu !!   Good comparison - even for quick dry paint, LOL.  Saved me some time. Agree with other posters.

However, OP  "agesilaus":  Different strokes for different folks!   if it rings your chimes...... enjoy!...🙂

Edited by Pappy Yokum

21 hours ago, sandsys said:

Yes but a blog or vblog is one person's opinion whereas a forum usually has lots of people giving opinions so you get more of an overview. Unless, of course, there are links to original source material but even that is sometimes just a different opinion piece.

Linda

I agree; I read replies- which are opinions of fact as they understand them, compare them to what I can verify, then modify my opinion as necessary. There was only one person right all the time, he was nailed to a dead tree.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If you are interested in what the survey says, rather than wading through some blogger's tripe, go the the source KOA's North American Camping Report and download it or read the short summary on the link. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thank you Kirk, that really simplified this. I noticed KOA labels all RV and trailer camping as "glamping". Plainly new younger campers are getting into this, which means every organization such as escapees (xscapers) and FMCA  might consider focusing on the younger group.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

5 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

which means every organization such as escapees (xscapers) and FMCA  might consider focusing on the younger group.

Which is exactly what X-scapers is all about. Shortly after Travis joined the Escapees management, him mom (Cathy Carr) gave him the job of finding ways to bring back the younger, still working RV traveler. The X-scapers part of Escapees was the result and it has become the fastest growing part of our group. It seems that as the original members aged and retired, that became what the vast majority of new members attracted were and we were rapidly becoming a club of retirees. One of the problems of that is that a big gap in age developed between the majority of members and those who were still working and going on the road. Since Escapees was formed to support people who lived in an RV in order to move about while working, the club had changed from the original purpose and was increasing in average age. Any group that does not replace the oldest members with younger ones is doomed to eventually fall apart, so in my opinion, Travis has successfully turned the club around to keep it healthy and viable well into the future. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI