Escapees website

soos

17 minutes ago, soos said:

Not sure where to put this...

anyone else having issues getting to escapees.com?

thanks

Yes! For RVnetwork.com. Off and on for several days now. The forum comes up saying I need to sign in but it doesn't recognize me when I do. Then suddenly, there I am. My Dave checked it out and says it's not me; it's them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, soos said:

anyone else having issues getting to escapees.com?

I just tried it and got a 404 error. I did send an email to the IT department but doubt that i"ll here anything before tomorrow. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

Yes! For RVnetwork.com. Off and on for several days now. The forum comes up saying I need to sign in but it doesn't recognize me when I do. Then suddenly, there I am. My Dave checked it out and says it's not me; it's them.

Linda

I have the same issue at times,  I have deduced it happens because I'm already signed-in before I open the website in a browser/ never signed-out. I usually just close the tab instead.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Steven@146 said:

yes. we are setting here in the  Livingston escapees park, I can sign-in but selecting anything i keep getting a 404 error

Well, it's quite doubtful the servers are actually there, too!  :)

Web programmer here -- hence why I immediately jumped to that conclusion.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

2 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I have the same issue at times,  I have deduced it happens because I'm already signed-in before I open the website in a browser/ never signed-out. I usually just close the tab instead.

Nope. I never sign out since I am the only one who uses this computer and it is password protected. It always worked before to still be signed in. This is a new, intermittent problem. Since my Dave is a programmer I know how much they love that word "intermittent". About as much as auto mechanics do. So, I'll wait patiently for them to track it down and fix it. More or less patiently anyway. :) 

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I heard from IT about 4:30 pm and they were doing some major maintenance on the servier and had been most of the day. As a result it was up and down and at times parts worked and others not. Checking this morning it seems to be completed and up once more. 

9 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I heard from IT about 4:30 pm and they were doing some major maintenance on the servier and had been most of the day. As a result it was up and down and at times parts worked and others not. Checking this morning it seems to be completed and up once more. 

Ahh,

thanks Kirk. I felt a bit like an idiot because I suggested to someone on a FB page that Escapees might be a good fit for them and they came back and said I don’t think so, their website doesn’t work. Then someone asked if they went out of  business.... boy things can get out of hand fast!!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, soos said:

Then someone asked if they went out of  business....

They happen to be one of the most rapidly growing RV organizations. You can point out that every web server had down time for maintenance on occasion. Large companies with big staffs do it in the middle of the night but Escapees IT department isn't large enough to do that. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, Kirk W said:

They happen to be one of the most rapidly growing RV organizations. You can point out that every web server had down time for maintenance on occasion. Large companies with big staffs do it in the middle of the night but Escapees IT department isn't large enough to do that. 

Escapees is doing well IMO. FMCA has been  upgrading to a new system since Oct. 1, discussion forums still not working.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

When I was CEO for our dial up website in 1995 Germany things were so different they don't apply today, except the issue I had with my partner and Unix/PHP programmer and my systems engineer remain the same.

He would come in on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and say he was going to do some maint/changes/programming that would only take about five minutes. Most of the time we would be down in our most prime times all day and sometime all night too! I had to deal with the customers. After the third or fourth time I told him either let me buy him out and get another System Engineer who would do any fiddling with the network on Sunday night Monday morning midnight to 4 AM.

He decided to stay and never screw with the system except when folks are asleep.

SKPs does not charge for these forums nor require membership to use the forums here.

But their website is another matter as that is their main membership sales point, advertising channel, and sales of postal services for residency. And that is what is having issues. And memberships etc are a membership and revenue main portal. I would have a talk with them were I SKP senior leadership.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire