Write in Voting

lappir

Has anyone considered writing in your choices for this years election. I for one will not vote for either the Democrat or Republican that have been forced upon us, but I will vote against them. Haven't seen much in for form of an independent or other. If this isn't allowed, please delete or lock. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I think a write in vote is a wasted vote.  I am picking the lesser of two evils based on the past 3 years.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

I think a write in vote is a wasted vote.

I think this thread most likely won't be alive long but while it is without naming anyone or any party I heartily agree with TXiceman.  I have made that mistake in my early life. At this point I believe you need to poop or get off the pot. I now think this type of idealism is seldom if ever useful when you get to the final vote. It might be different if your person had a chance of winning.

All thoughts meant to be respective of anyone on the forum

Edited by bigjim

Just now, GlennWest said:

Wife and I will drive to Huntsville and vote. Mail in votes are problematic. It's my civic duty.

What do you see as problematic with mail in voting?  Some states have doing it for quite some time without issue, and our military have been doing it for years without any issues that I have heard of.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

2 hours ago, TXiceman said:

I think a write in vote is a wasted vote.  I am picking the lesser of two evils based on the past 3 years.

Ken

I agree.  Why bother to go through the motions.  It's not going to mean a thing.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

7 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I agree.  Why bother to go through the motions.  It's not going to mean a thing.

I disagree. I means a whole lot to me and if you think about it, it could mean a whole lot to you. I have chosen to not vote for an evil person and you could do the same. I have chosen to vote for a person I feel could do a better job than those who have been presented to us, maybe you feel the same way about the same person, but they are not on the ballot so you think you can't vote for them. Maybe, just maybe if enough people choose to vote for a person who is not on the ballot an epiphany can be felt across the country. The voters do have the power to change the outcome of an election. If you are going to just vote the lessor evil why vote? It's going to be evil and wrong anyway. 

That's my thought and I will stand by it. I hope the topic does not go away, but if you wish to pm me when it does I'd be happy to share.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• Kirk W locked this topic