Hi there. Say I need some advice. I am needing the best internet service when I travel in my RV. I was advised if I want to do a lot of streaming then the caps on the normal carriers will not do. I think I need a unlimited hotspot service to use for my TV, Latop and phone. I will also considering the Weboost RV 65 at $650 to boost a weak cell signal when parked (this model is not designed for use when moving). I am considering using Unlimited LTE Advanced at $129 a month for unlimited hotspot access with a $349 start up charge. They sell service for different carriers but claim AT&T is the best. I plan to use You Tube TV for my television channels mostly because I am a sports guy and they are strong there. OK, have at me with some better ideas!!!!

Edited by Gregsnell
spelling

What you are seeking is the holy grail among RV'ers.  The problem with recommendations from individuals is that plans come and go in the blink of an eye.  What many (most?) people have that gives them unlimited (or close to it) is often a plan that was short-lived and no longer available. But it never hurts to ask.  I won't share the plan that I am currently using as it went away a couple of years ago and is no longer available. 

These folks:  Mobile Internet Resource Center  provide up to date information on the various plans best suited to RV'ers.  Much of their content is free on the site, and they have premium content as well for a subscription. 

While I am not familiar with the particular seller that you have mentioned (Unlimited LTE Advance) they are likely a reseller of services.  These folks can also come and go, and can be shut down on short notice for violating terms of service from the providers. Many of us have had such plans at one time or another, and some have disappeared on short notice. 

Edited by mptjelgin

Thanks for the sweet comment about our Mobile Internet Resource Center!

Right on the front page we actually have some brand new videos out on these exact topics - current best data plans, the truth about unlimited data plans and TV & Video streaming. 

Between those, you should gain a lot of knowledge. 

Check out Visible. They are owned by Verizon and thus use Verizon towers. Their service costs $40/month for unlimited phone, text, and data. This also includes unlimited hotspot. The cost can be brought down to $25/month by joining a "Party Pay". Here are some links:

https://www.visible.com/

https://www.visible.com/party-pay

This is a reddit site where people post available Party Pay slots: https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

I have been using Visible for a year and it has worked great for me. If your present smart phone is compatible you can continue to use it. Or you can trade an Android phone for a new one for free.

Remember that Visible has a one device hotspot limit.  You can use a mobile or travel router to be the one device and get around the one device limit, but that requires more equipment and setup.  Also Visible is on Verizon, which has the most coverage, but we have found places where AT&T or T-Mobile works and Verizon does not, so it is best to have two plans if you want to be sure you will be online.    Of course all of this is covered by the Mobile Internet Resource Center, the authority on mobile internet.

We were just out on a trip for six weeks in the western US.  Anywhere from Arizona to NW Montana over to the Olympic peninsula through Oregon to Hood River and back across Idaho and Utah to Arizona.  

We have the T-Mobile Magenta Plan with three phones and two tablets.  The tablet is only $20/mo per line since we have cell phone lines with them.  Otherwise I think it is like $60 or $70/mo.  We use 175-225 GB per month.  Teenagers!!!  
We also installed the WeBoost Drive Reach with the trucker antenna outside and the big white rectangular antenna on the inside.  Bought the whole setup from Signalbooster.com.  You may want to compare the RV 65 to the Drive Reach.  You can use the Drive Reach when driving.  And, it seems to have a more advanced system to find weaker signals.  The RV 65 is the older system but just with more power.

There was only one time in six weeks where we did not have a signal with the booster.  Was able to stream on YouTube, Netflix and Amazon just fine.  We boondock a lot off the beaten path.  T-Mobile has gotten a lot better with coverage.  Was considering Verizon or AT&T before the trip but T-Mobile seems to be good enough for us.  The booster made all of the difference.  Lookup RV with Tito on YouTube.  He does a good job of comparing them.

Edited by Dak
Spelling

I am on my first trip after installing the Reach with the trucker antenna.  Getting signal in places I did not last year.