Best Internet Plan

I have ATT business plan provide by Nomad internet. I have had it for 1 month and used it while traveling the east coast from Fl to PA with no issues as long as there is ATT service. We only encountered one area in the mountains of MD that was weak, but we still had service, just couldn’t stream videos. I have external MiMo antennas but have not installed them yet. I’m sure if I did I could have brought in a stronger signal but it was only a layover for the night.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, Hill_Country said:

I don't know how the Nighthawk would handle all that, but I did something similar with a VZN hotspot that kept eating the battery.  Seemed like a fine line between the hotspot battery going dead and overcharging.  I do leave the Tmo Home Internet hotspot plugged in all the time and haven't had any problems with it.  I have a Nest camera in the RV that stays on all the time so I can watch Fang, the world's worst watchdog.  I have the camera set to cover the entrance door, kitchen and living room which has a large thermometer on the wall.  The Nest system will alert me via text if it sees a person or hears a dog barking.  (Of course, Fang is more likely to lick a stranger than bark at them.)

Update on the nighthawk;  I did the install the way I explained it, installed a separate battery backup, removed the nighthawk’s battery, the nighthawk is plugged in all the time while camping. I run the Blink camera with no issues.

When we travel I do a test and I leave the nighthawk running and I get 2.5-3 hours on the road while we travel using the battery backup this is while using the WiFi to run the camera, my iPhone using the Waze GPS app and my wife is constantly surfing and looking at campgrounds. Obviously all this can be done via our phone service, but it’s nice to know what I can do via my UPS only.

My hotspots and other electronics are powered through a Tripp-Lite UPS that I modified to use the RV's "house" battery supply instead of its own battery. Now it can power those devices for days if necessary.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system