So I got this private message.

solo318

Posted by a member of this forum;

"That's one nice set up you've got there. I too have a Super-C (2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB). Once I added a 20' Featherlite trailer (to bring my Prius along), my overall length went from 40' to 64'. That's too long for the RV spots found at most Cracker Barrel (where I believe you were when you took that picture). I would ask that you do NOT use RV spots at Cracker Barrel when your trailer is hooked up. It's clear in your picture that Both the front and rear of your set up extend into traffic lanes (which ARE used by delivery and garbage trucks) at least partially blocking said lanes. When my trailer is is hooked up, I'll park at the far end of the parking lot (which does mean I'll take up ~ seven "standard" parking stalls) but, doing it that way means I do NOT block any traffic lanes (I also plan to arrive at non-peak hours). If it's not possible to for me to park without blocking a travel lane, I move on. I've seen quite a few Cracker Barrel stores that abut a Home Depot store. Home Depot lots, in my experience, always have lots of space; I park on the Home Depot side and walk over the grass to Cracker Barrel (although I doubt you'd be allowed to overnight at Home Depot). Cracker Barrel already has many locations posted " NO SEMI TRUCK PARKING. When we "big boys" extend into traffic lanes, we're giving Cracker Barrel a good reason to end the courtesy of RV parking. Many Denny's locations have actual truck parking (as well as WiFi availability inside). This is just one way big rig operators must adapt in ways "regular" RVs don't have to. Please do not be part of the problem. Wishing you safe travels!"

So a member here decided to be "courtesy police" and complain about my parking.

1. Have you been to the Cracker Barrel in the picture?

2. where is the primary drive aisle?

3.where is the secondary drive aisle

4. why should I change restaurants when the one I already chose accommodates me just fine.

5. Why should I trespass on another business and risk getting towed away? Why would I block 7 standard parking spaces (your words) instead of taking a space assigned for the task at hand.

6. Is your sanctified judgement good enough from a picture to determine how much of the drive aisle is blocked? or how much remains for another RV or Semi to clear my Rv?

7. Do you not have anything better to do than to cruise the internet and complain about others

8. really? a Prius?

Edited by solo318

The Prius says it all.

I do however park like the Prius owner does as I stick out as well.  I arrive after "normal" dinner hours and park out as far as possible.

Normally taking up 7-8 spots or so.

When we stay at Cracker Barrel we eat dinner AND breakfast, as this is a favorite spot to eat, and we are thankful for the parking courtesy.

Now back to the Prius, Prius drivers by in large do not move over for road cyclists.  They are too important to do so.

The compounding issue is they are very quiet running, and when they come up and pass within two or three feet, they scare the excrement out of you.

But they are saving the world so there's that.:rolleyes:

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

46 minutes ago, Parrformance said:

When we stay at Cracker Barrel we eat dinner AND breakfast, as this is a favorite spot to eat, and we are thankful for the parking courtesy.

This photo wasn't even taken during an overnight stop. we simply stopped for dinner. It's a common spot since we have friends nearby and we LOVE good southern cooking.  I have used this very spot multiple time with no issues. There is plenty of room for even the largest semi to get around everybody. In fact the 2 coaches on the other side arrived after we did and had no trouble getting in. It bothers me that someone would get up on their soap box and harass someone else based on a picture with no context. Makes me think that he's very lonely inside and needs a friend.  I will gladly save room for his prius and buy him a cup of coffee.  :)

5 hours ago, solo318 said:

....................Posted by a member of this forum;

5 hours ago, solo318 said:

....................So a member here decided to be "courtesy police" and complain about my parking.

Sorry, I'm still not clear what you're trying to say.  You start off two times about "a member".  That's OK..... I'll move on....  

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 hours ago, solo318 said:

This photo wasn't even taken during an overnight stop. we simply stopped for dinner. It's a common spot since we have friends nearby and we LOVE good southern cooking.  I have used this very spot multiple time with no issues. There is plenty of room for even the largest semi to get around everybody. In fact the 2 coaches on the other side arrived after we did and had no trouble getting in. It bothers me that someone would get up on their soap box and harass someone else based on a picture with no context. Makes me think that he's very lonely inside and needs a friend.  I will gladly save room for his prius and buy him a cup of coffee.  :)

Mr. Solo, I was just sharing what we do, not concerned at all about the photo, or where/how you parked.  I like parking way out and like you We love Cracker Barrel.  I am sorry you took it the wrong way.

No judgement here, unless you drive a Prius.

Jackalopee

1 hour ago, Parrformance said:

Mr. Solo, I was just sharing what we do, not concerned at all about the photo, or where/how you parked.  I like parking way out and like you We love Cracker Barrel.  I am sorry you took it the wrong way.

No worries, just took it as information. it's not like you sent me the message. BTW I LIKE a Prius. I need the extra gas for all of my toys. :)

But I still wouldn't own one. life's too short to drive boring cars.

4 hours ago, solo318 said:

The picture in my Signature. 

Gotcha, Sigs don't come through on the mobile version. Personally, PM's a excrement methods of communication. If I don't like something about you, II'll tell you face-to-face. But I don't, so we good.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

There is not enough info in the picture to accurate levy a determination on how much you may or may not be impeding the drive lanes.

For all I know that could be angled parking and the Parking lines on your Driver side would be the exact length of your rig. 

Some peoples kids...

probably the same type of people who don't like guns, so they want them to be illegal.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

Ahaaa........ parking spot size.  As cars have become smaller so have parking spots.  I have found that my GMC dually with an 8' bed simply will not fit in these "new" parking spots.  It sticks out at least 4' and left and right rear wheels are right on the parking lines.  I must fold in the mirrors to get in or out.  I find this extremely irritating.  Now for Cracker Barrel - my HDT with the 40' fiver attached easily exceeds the 64' mentioned.  I will use the "bus" parking slots as they are longer if they are mostly empty.  Actually, I often encounter 40' or 45' class A motor homes with a 16' to 24' trailer parked in Cracker Barrel spots.  I am not aware of anyone complaining or traffic being blocked.  Cracker Barrel management has not complained when my rig is parked and I am not aware of them complaining to others.  Actually, we need more RV'ers willing to step up and speak to those that ignore the basic rules of "free" parking.  Escapes has developed a list of rules they publish in their member magazine that can be copied and shared.  Sadly, this outspoken individual has overstepped his responsibility with a new "rule" of his own creation.  Leave these issues to location management.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

In my home town, an RV would have to park on the outer ring as the RV lanes are the first spots you come too upon entering the lot.

These spots, well marked with signs and paint on the asphalt, are always two deep with cars and pickups.  

The vast majority of Tv's I come across, are far more polite and respectful than their counterparts in cars.

Jackalopee