New Toll Pass

dewilso

I never bought a toll pass, I travel mostly in the west, until this year when I went to FL for the winter season. It cost only  $19.99  plus the tolls. I can’t see spending $95  on this one. That sounds a little expensive to me. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Free enterprise at work.

There is already an established nation-wide toll pass for truckers, BestPass.

Congress funded and mandated a common toll system by 2016. You see the status of that today if you regularly use toll roads.https://blog.capterra.com/e-zpass-vs-sunpass-vs-fastrak-which-toll-transponder-system-is-best/

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

8 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

There is already an established nation-wide toll pass for truckers, BestPass.

It would seem that this has some connection with Best Pass

Multi-protocol tolling transponder introduced for RV owners

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

It would seem that this has some connection with Best Pass

Multi-protocol tolling transponder introduced for RV owners

How about that, thanks! Transcore is the parent company of BestPass. Transcore also has a military presence.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

$95 for the pass and $15 fee for each month it's used. Hit just one $5 toll for the month and it costs you $20. Also for NY'ers on the NY Thruway Motorhome or 5th wheel E-ZPass plans, the pass is not compatible and you will be billed the full toll rates.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...

Wow expensive. Just got my EZPass from Mass and used it for a cross country trip with no issues, no initial fee, no fee for transponder, no monthly fee, just keep minimum of $20 in account and you get that back when you close account.

Most states that advertise cheaper tolls only do that for in-state transponders and charge other state's transponders full toll. O well, at least I get to breeze thru EZ Pass Lanes....

10 hours ago, Chains45 said:

Wow expensive. Just got my EZPass from Mass

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

Here in TX we have several different toll authorities, each with their own toll tags. They pretty much all accept each other's tags and the state also issues one that is good on all TX toll roads and also on the Kansas Turnpike. I have the one issued by north TX (NTTA) as it is accepted in all of TX as well as both Oklahoma and Kansas. As far as I know, none of those states accept the tag of any other states, but I'm not sure. 

Since I have not been on the toll roads of other states with tolls recently, do toll authorities who do not honor the tag on a vehicle just treat it as having no toll tag? I would expect that but am not sure. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI