Preferred Engine: Tell me which one and why?

Storx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of this was actually fun to read but maybe time for this thread to end.  Just back from Boyd lake one night get away, parked next to a small van conversion he liked my rig.  I still charged him $2 to take a picture of it.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Just now, Cotreker said:

Some of this was actually fun to read but maybe time for this thread to end.  Just back from Boyd lake one night get away, parked next to a small van conversion he liked my rig.  I still charged him $2 to take a picture of it.

Howdy Cotreker,

Two buck photo charge, darn why didn't I think of that.  As many folks who have asked me if they could take a photo the fee would have put at least a small dent in the fuel bill.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 minute ago, Cotreker said:

Dave, do I need to collect from you at the upcoming rally?  It is for my retirement fund.

Howdy Cotreker,

As the photo I took of your truck was, "in the public interest" I gave permission to use the photos I took during the rally to any who wanted them so long as they were not used for commercial purposes, I would assume such a photo could be taken without incurring a fee.  However if such is not the case, you can take a photo of my truck for FREE and that should make us even, however if you feel that payment of the photo fee is warranted, please have your people get in contact with my people. :lol:

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Y'all talk about charging for pics. My favorite fee is the flying iPhone, used during in motion action shots. Lost track of how many there's been in the last 10 years. Should be getting a cheque from Apple. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 minute ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Y'all talk about charging for pics. My favorite fee is the flying iPhone, used during in motion action shots. Lost track of how many there's been in the last 10 years. Should be getting a cheque from Apple. 

Howdy Darryl,

Please excuse my ignorance, I willing admit to NOT being the sharpest knife in the drawer.  Could you expound on your post so that someone as dimwitted as "I" have a clue as to what the heck your going on about?  Thanks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Haven't you seen the look of horror on someone's face, while a small tumbling explosion happens on the ground between your vehicle and theirs? Another iPhone bites the dust. Passenger is usually female, and apparently clumsy. Makes me laugh every time. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

3 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Haven't you seen the look of horror on someone's face, while a small tumbling explosion happens on the ground between your vehicle and theirs? Another iPhone bites the dust. Passenger is usually female, and apparently clumsy. Makes me laugh every time. 

Howdy Darryl,

Can't say that I have personally witnessed such a sight but have no doubt that it happens.  What bothers me is the idiots trying to take the photo-video of the Dachshund looking out of the Wiener Window, as they trundle alongside and narrowly miss sideswiping me in the process.

DSCF0030-XL.jpg

DSCF1185-XL.jpg

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 4/18/2019 at 9:08 PM, Roadtrek 1 said:

Thanks. We tour in this vehicle, we certainly don't live in it.   

It's a very comfortable "mini motorhome"... with all the amenities of a larger rig, including an outside shower, complete wet bath toilet and shower, kitchen, king sized bed/convertible sofa, all cherry wood overhead cabinets, and 18 plus  MPG. And extremely easy to drive and park just about anywhere. 

I would never consider living full time in my rig, but, I've heard that some people do. We've easily spent a week or 10 days in it. 

Same as with our 9ft slidein truck camper. Had 8ft 11" floor space, then the overhead bed. Even had a 8ft slideout. Loved it for trips and fishing where I could take the boat along. But sucked when it rained 3 days or so. And no where to relax.

But could drop it and be gone in the pickup within 15 minutes of backing into a parking spot.  Thought about going back to the big truck camper. The one with 3 slide outs, and dual recliners. But enjoy room and all the comforts of home we have now.

event.png

On 4/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, Danandfreda said:

Hey brad you going to be at the ecr?

I'm afraid not. We are headed in the opposite direction. We will be at the WCR and the National though.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, mr. cob said:

Howdy Roadtrek1,

I politely hinted in my first reply to your posts in this thread that perhaps you were posting YOUR observations in the WRONG thread, WRONG sub forum, apparently this went over your head.  So I'll put it bluntly, I would wager that 99.9% of the people in THIS thread and THIS sub forum could care less what YOUR opinion of what OUR choice of RV is. 

I don't hang out in the van dweller forums, I seriously doubt any other regular participant in the HDT forum does either, and if we did I again would wager that we wouldn't castigate the van dwellers for their choice of RV.  Some folks have to get hit and run over with a Mack truck before they get the point or so it would seem.

Dave

😁..😀..😄........."Some folks.........etc."

Some folks - just don't get it.   -  Whatever  *it*  - may be.

Roll on .......or "over" , ROTFL !!

~

I know I shouldn't be on here since we no longer have our Century.....but after close to 200k on an 12.7 engine that is good for a minimum of 1.2k, with 800k on it. Our out of pocket on the engine was $2000 after 13years. Not including oil changes. Not bad! I bet the new owner will tell you the same!

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"