Dynamat in our truck

GlennWest

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Wanting to quite my Freightshaker down some. It fairly noisy. Anyone put this product in their truck?

Hi Glenn,

I have not used that brand. What I have used is a brand called " Rattle Trap " by Fatmat Sound Control. The Rattle Trap has a better price and does as good of job. Look at thickness of 80 mils. What I bought comes in a roll and not in sheets. The best price I have found is on E-Bay. The store is located in Painsville, Ohio. I have removed about 80% of the interior and covered with Rattle Trap. It has made a difference in my truck.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

21 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Thanks. Will look that up. How much did it take on your truck

Hi Glenn,

I tried doing most of the truck. I went from the floor up the walls to the roof. I also tried doing the doors. That was a real pain trying to get your hands in some of those tight spots. I also used pieces that where not to big. I wanted to control the sound mat without the sound mat controlling me. I don't remember how much I used. I also added some reflection insulation ( 1/4" silver bubble ) over the Rattle Trap mat that was on the walls and roof. I just went off the square feet of the area that I was covering for my material needs. I had time on my side. I know that you are on the move at times depending on your work.

Sorry for the generic answer,
Al

Sound dampening films are not created equal. Some are mastic with a peel and stick film. Compare the weight/sqft before buying.

I have used both Noico and Sound Down

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK

http://www.soundown.com/Section%202%20PDFs/2.3%20PDFs/ECO%20damp%20full.pdf

With these products the whole surface does not need to be covered as the purpose is to reduce the vibration of the metal.

Another product that works just as good is Silent Running paint coating. Multiple coats is needed so I'd buy a gallon to do a HDT firewall.

https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=11904

2011 Cameo 34SB3

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering how well the dog house is insulated on the engine side. The dog house could be a big source of engine noise.

Al

1 hour ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering how well the dog house is insulated on the engine side. The dog house could be a big source of engine noise.

Al

That sound is pure harmonies. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I used DynaMat Extreme.Removed all of the seats. Covered the floor and up the firewall as far as I could.It was a lot of work but well worth it!

Wayne

2009 Freightliner M2-106 Crewcab

8.3 Cummins 330/1000- Allison 3000RDS

2003 Newmar MountainAire 39 SDTS

2 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

here is an option for the financially frugal folks out there.....

I prefer the term, "Fiscally Sensitive."

Just took a pair of those out of my head a little while ago.  They work well for mowing, or motorcycling.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

Archived