HDT's not welcome at Buc-ees

Heavymetal

I pulled into Buc-ees in Temple, Tx Wednesday morning to grap a quick snack and I was sitting in the truck waiting for the DW to return when an assistant manager came up and told me to leave the property.

I of coarse tried to make the point that we were RVers not a commercial semi and pointed out the sign on the side about being a private RV and not for hire but it did not matter to him. I tried to stall the conversation long enough for the DW to return but when he mentioned calling the police I figured I need to leave. I pulled out and parked on the side of the road and waited for the wife to walk the 1/4 of a mile across the parking lot.

We did not have our RV at the time and am not sure if it would have made a difference but I would have thought a person would have enough common sense to see that the two older people weren't commercial truck drivers but I was wrong. I went to Buc-ees website and sent them an email about what happened and let them know that they have lost all my business RVing or not I will not return. So if you pull into one of their stores be prepared to be asked to leave.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

I guess you missed this Forum thread If you are in Texas - HDTs. are not welcome at Buc-ees

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

And don't expect an answer to your email either.

Publication1_zpsasncackf.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

a new T shirt for the ECR?

Oh yeah right Ralf. You obviously don't remember my fight with copyright laws when trying to put a logo on the back of the shirts. That's why my rig ended up on it. Now I'm even thinking about suing myself for copyright infringement ;).

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I guess you missed this Forum thread If you are in Texas - HDTs. are not welcome at Buc-ees

I did miss this post. Was traveling and have not been in touch.

2 Great Danes

Don't doubt that they want respond I told them to take their Yankee attitude and go home. Has anyone been told to leave when they have their RV in tow?

2 Great Danes

I've fueled countless times at Buc-ees in Bastrop TX and have never had one person say one word about it. I fuel when bobtail so can't say if anyone would run out and tell me to move on if the rig was dragging behind. I've seen class A's, duallys pulling long triple axle TH's and other trailers and fifth wheel combinations and have never seen anyone run off.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

I

We need to have a rally in Texas near a Bucee's, Have 8-10 rigs with trailers pull up to their diesel pumps. See if they change their attitude for hundreds of $$$$ of fuel and food.

We need to have a rally in Texas near a Bucee's, Have 8-10 rigs with trailers pull up to their diesel pumps. See if they change their attitude for hundreds of $$$$ of fuel and food.

Just tell me where and when and I will be there.

2 Great Danes

I've fueled countless times at Buc-ees in Bastrop TX and have never had one person say one word about it. I fuel when bobtail so can't say if anyone would run out and tell me to move on if the rig was dragging behind. I've seen class A's, duallys pulling long triple axle TH's and other trailers and fifth wheel combinations and have never seen anyone run off.

Dave

I have fueled at Bastrop and Madisonville both bobtail and towing plus I have pulled into the one in Temple before and never had a problem until Wednesday.

2 Great Danes

Bucees is an experience. Once is probably enough, though. They usually have the lowest fuel prices and enough pumps that there is no waiting. Food and trinkets abound, along with some nice stuff. They had the lowest prices on Yeti coolers I had seen anywhere.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

forgive my Canuckleheadedness but what is so great about a Buc-ees that a guy would want to bother stopping there?

To expand on what Ron and Jim said...diesel "around" Buc-ees is $2.47 and 2.45. Buc-ees is $2.12

Like Jim also said there are 30 + islands, the parking areas are huge, they have designated dog walks with bags and the inside of the store is an experience in itself. I used to like Buc-ees but after my experience and hearing about others I will never set foot in one again. I sent them an email and a link to the thread I started earlier. We are a drop in their corporate bucket. While they pretend to "care" about the traveler they obviously do not.

To give you an idea of the size of this "fuel station", click HERE. The store is in the center with fuel islands under both those canopies (not sure why one of the canopies is labeld as a "subway"). Look at the size of the cars, and guestimate how many fuerl pumps are under each of those canopies. There is a LOT of concrete there.This is the store in Madisonville, which "used" to be a regular stop for me if I was going north.....not anymore.

2014 smart Fortwo

If my wife was shopping in their store at the time?

I think that I'd ether call my wife's phone that she never has

An tell her to abandon her shopping cart and let's go.

Or let the guy call the police, chances are he won't, or they will just tell me to move if they show up.

But I understand when they catch you off guard, your first thought is to move.

Ok - I see looking at Big5er's google spy shot - they are designed all wrong way around for large articulated vehicles to access fuel then get parked somewhere...tight navigating around 4 wheeler pilots looking at their phones / stuffing straws in slurpies...

they are designed so when you are stopped in your fuel lane, tired and road weary, you are facing the store... that treasure trove of roadside bargains and trinkets.... your companion(s) cannot help themselves... they are drawn inside to "pick up a few things".... but you saved like $10 on fuel... .... :D

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

no need to guess....count.

https://goo.gl/maps/ULnu3ui2Jp42

Yeah, but the ground view is old. Half of the islands (one whole canopy) isn't there. If you look at the aerial view you can see all the new concrete. They have doubled the number of fuel islands (and concrete) since Google last drove through there. That is why I didn't post a googlemap view of the larger Baytown store. Its' been open for about a year but google still shows it to be a vacant field.

2014 smart Fortwo

If my wife was shopping in their store at the time?

I think that I'd ether call my wife's phone that she never has

An tell her to abandon her shopping cart and let's go.

Or let the guy call the police, chances are he won't, or they will just tell me to move if they show up.

But I understand when they catch you off guard, your first thought is to move.

Her phone was in the truck! Trust me if I wasn't headed to an appointment I would have let him call the police I have no problem standing my ground. When all is said and bone though it's private property and they can do as they wise.

2 Great Danes

Archived