Latest East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

ECR is drawing close. Latest spreadsheet from Kim at Deer Run shows 54 attendees. Over 20 of those are coming for the first time. Also several coming just to see if an HDT might be in their future. This is our largest rally to date and we are thrilled to welcome the newcomers. Just hope it fulfills their expectations. The increased attendance at the East Coast, National, and West Coast is just a testament to the growing popularity of the HDT lifestyle. I have received registrations from 44 of the attendees so if you have one to send, please mail to me ASAP to help make Donna's and my job a little easier. T-Shirt orders are now closed. I wil be placing the order tomorrow so they will be ready by rally time. Will probably have one more update at the end of the month and then see you in April. Who knows we might even see HEROMaker come one of these days, :).

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, you and the others helping you are making this a successful event! That's great there are going to be so many new folks are the rally.

Yes, I would love to make it! And now I'm being told that I only will have a partial knee replacement! But I don't know how long the recovery is for that, and he might still do a total, if when he opens it up it might need it. Would love to be there to help you out, but sometime down the road we will attend.

See you in the Fall,

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Yes, Rocky. Just funnin' with you. Take care my friend.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hi Carl,

I would like to 'Thank' you and Donna for all of your hard work. It sounds like the rally so going to be a good time.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I have received registrations from 44 of the attendees so if you have one to send, please mail to me ASAP to help make Donna's and my job a little easier.

Hoping to get a warm fuzzy from the repair facility that my coach will be ready by the end of the month. Once I get that, my registration will be in the mail.

Hoping to get a warm fuzzy from the repair facility that my coach will be ready by the end of the month. Once I get that, my registration will be in the mail.

Thanks and thank you Al for the compliment.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

You can add my name to the list of first time attendees and future HDT owners. I dropped my registration in the mail over the weekend , so you should see it this week. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Got it today. Look forward to meeting you.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Just got off the phone with Kim. My registration will be in the mail tomorrow. Is there somewhere to get wheels polished near you Suite? Don't think I have time or enough money to get them done here.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Nigel,

Worldwide Equipment Knoxville does them. Would be about hours drive from Crossville. I went with Steve Dixon when he did his last year. They use the VIS machine (I think that is the name). Looked good. Price around $275 and he is tandem.

Nigel, for some reason my credit union will not cash a Canadian check without a $35.00 fee. So if you were going to send a check, just wait and pay at the rally. Hone Eagle sent a money order and that worked fine, but I have no issue with you waiting. Go ahead and send the registration form so I can do the "busy work".

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Nigel,

Worldwide Equipment Knoxville does them. Would be about hours drive from Crossville. I went with Steve Dixon when he did his last year. They use the VIS machine (I think that is the name). Looked good. Price around $275 and he is tandem.

Nigel, for some reason my credit union will not cash a Canadian check without a $35.00 fee. So if you were going to send a check, just wait and pay at the rally. Hone Eagle sent a money order and that worked fine, but I have no issue with you waiting. Go ahead and send the registration form so I can do the "busy work".

I wonder if Worldwide would do a group rate. Was $275 for all 6 positions?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I believe that was the price. Maybe Steve will chime in and give you exact price. I tried calling their detail shop but got no answer.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I've run into this before with some American banks being funny about cashing money orders and such. I'll bring cash.

Unfortunately, many US banks have stupid policies regarding checks payable in US funds but drawn on Canadian banks. When I rented one of our RV lots to a Canadian last winter, my main bank -- a large, online-only bank -- declined to accept the check for deposit, and my secondary bank -- a small regional bank -- accepted the check for deposit, but assessed a $25 fee and held my funds (which had been collected in a matter of just day or two) for six weeks, simply because they could.

It's not worth it for a small transaction like a Rally payment, but if you're ever remitting a larger amount, at least one Canadian bank issues Cashiers Checks that are denominated in US$ that are from an account in the Canadian bank's name, but drawn on a US bank, which process normally because of the US-based account.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Also, for larger transactions between a Canadian bank and a US bank - in US funds - a wire transfer usually works well. At least it has for me.You may still get the funds held for up to 3 days on the US side AFTER the transfer is successful, but it does seem to work well.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Maybe I shouldn't chime in but if you're purchasing across borders with a business that accepts Credit Cards then why not use a Credit Card with no foreign transaction fees. You get the best days exchange rate, no delays, and no extra fees. When I travel through Canada I use my Credit Card for all my purchases, works great.

Like I said I might not understand the situation.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Larry,

We are talking about a $25 rally fee. All the organizers of the National Rally , our East Coast, and the West Coast are voluntary and not a " business" so setting up credit card or pay pal etc is cumbersome and incurs expenses which would need to be passed on to attendees and frankly be not worth the effort. The conversation was simply that for some reason American Banks aren't helpful in handling Canadian checks and it is an inconvenience for our Canadian friends and me as an organizer. I was just telling Nigel to bring cash and it made things easier, lol. Didn't mean to start a trade war.?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Larry,

We are talking about a $25 rally fee. All the organizers of the National Rally , our East Coast, and the West Coast are voluntary and not a " business" so setting up credit card or pay pal etc is cumbersome and incurs expenses which would need to be passed on to attendees and frankly be not worth the effort. The conversation was simply that for some reason American Banks aren't helpful in handling Canadian checks and it is an inconvenience for our Canadian friends and me as an organizer. I was just telling Nigel to bring cash and it made things easier, lol. Didn't mean to start a trade war.?

Sorry...had a feeling I didn't know what was going.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Sorry...had a feeling I didn't know what was going.

No apologies necessary. Re-read my post and I didn't mean to sound condescending.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

• 2 weeks later...

Carl,

A couple of questions:

1. I see from the latest schedule which looks like a chart, that the information on the trailer and truck weighing was not on it. It was in a like a word document but I could not find that online. Can you re-post that information if it is still happening?
  2. Do you know if the wine sampling is going to happen again this year and is this one of those items that just gets put up on the board at the rally?
  3. You may want to re-post your links for the information and forms, so that any last minute people, do not need to go back through old posts. Of course they could just go to the posts for Rally's if they tried hard enough.

We are getting ready and got our trailer home from from our storage location and it figures that they are predicting 6-10" of snow here Wednesday and Thursday. Seems to be a recurring theme each year for us!

See you in a few weeks.

Dave & Debbie

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Carl,

A couple of questions:

• I see from the latest schedule which looks like a chart, that the information on the trailer and truck weighing was not on it. It was in a like a word document but I could not find that online. Can you re-post that information if it is still happening?
  • Do you know if the wine sampling is going to happen again this year and is this one of those items that just gets put up on the board at the rally?
  • You may want to re-post your links for the information and forms, so that any last minute people, do not need to go back through old posts. Of course they could just go to the posts for Rally's if they tried hard enough.
We are getting ready and got our trailer home from from our storage location and it figures that they are predicting 6-10" of snow here Wednesday and Thursday. Seems to be a recurring theme each year for us!

See you in a few weeks.

Dave & Debbie

1. For weighing: Contact BillR at www.weighitrv.com. The info is located on the registration form at the link I posted below.

2. No wine tasting scheduled this year as a formal event, however, all the distillerys have an open tasting for those that wish to go. Didn't schedule since it seemed to be a limited audience. We can consider a group trip if enough are interested. Easy to arrange at the rally. Monday evening is possible.

3. This site contains rally info and link to schedule. http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/2016-rally-info/

Hope this helps and maybe the snow will hold off for you guys. Stay safe.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I know it is last minute but I would like to attend. I called the RV Park and left a message. Are there still spots available? I will be coming on the 9th. Thanks!

Should be fine. .Kim will contact you about a trailer site. Download the registration form for the rally here and mail to me ASAP. It is PDF and you can type in the blanks. T-shirt order has already been placed so can't add to it now but may have some extras for purchase at the rally if desired.

http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016-East-Coast-HDT-Rally-Registration-Form-2pg.pdf

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

We arrive 7 Apr and will be ready to weigh then. Please email or PM to take offf forum please.

Bill

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Should be fine. .Kim will contact you about a trailer site. Download the registration form for the rally here and mail to me ASAP. It is PDF and you can type in the blanks. T-shirt order has already been placed so can't add to it now but may have some extras for purchase at the rally if desired.

http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016-East-Coast-HDT-Rally-Registration-Form-2pg.pdf

I just emailed you Thanks!!

Archived