Amazon Prime delivery delays

TCW

I am posting this just as a heads up to anyone considering placing an order with Amazon and having a need to move in the very near future. I placed an order on Nov. 28 and another on Nov. 30. While I did see some notices on some items about Prime delivery taking 4-5 days, there was no such warning on any of the items in either of my orders. According to the Amazon tracking, both orders are being shipped by UPS. The original Amazon tracking for the first order showed delivery by today while the UPS tracking showed tomorrow from the very start. The second order showed tomorrow as the delivery date, but was just shipped today and has not even been picked up by UPS yet. The UPS tracking is not even showing a delivery date yet.

Again, this is just a heads up to anyone considering placing an order and counting on quick delivery.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

I recently had the same problem with UPS. I ordered two items, and signed up for Prime to get second day delivery, and no shipping. One item came USPS and was delivered on time. The item coming by UPS never did arrive and tracking never showed any more than the item was on its way to USPS. After four days I cancelled the order and cancelled Prime. I then reordered and this time the item is coming FedEx. Busy time of year for all shippers.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Yes very busy for both UPS & Amazon, I actually work at both companies for the holiday rush and see first hand how busy it is, at the Amazon location this past Tuesday was a record day shipping 1.2 million items out. This is my 40th Christmas season with UPS and it never seems to slow down until after New Years. Happy Holidays to all and ship early.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I don't use Prime but just finished my Christmas shopping on Amazon and received it all by Fri. 11-27...began ordering on the 18th. All was delivered via USPS.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

In some respects I think that Amazon's deal with the USPS has improved the the delivery times. I will say though, that if you are a Prime member read the fine print. The two day delivery is from date of shipping, not the from the date you order it. Sometimes those are the same, but not always. If you do not get your item withing two days of shipment then contact them to complain. You will get time added on to your Prime membership.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

The first thing I try to check is who is the order fulfiller. If it Amazon, the shipment usually leaves that day or the next.

If the order is being fulfilled by someone else (Amazon acting as the order taker) is where the delays come. I have had an order not processed by the external fulfiller for a few days. I have bitched to Amazon in that there is not place to rate the external fulfillers. Those external people, usually small operations, give Amazon a bad name.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I ordered a product the day before Thanksgiving. Amazon said it would be delivered Saturday. I was surprised when it arrived on Friday. I have been very pleased with Prime and Amazon and their delivery. But as pointed out this is the busiest time of year for shipping stuff. Happy Trails, Dennis.

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

...The first thing I try to check is who is the order fulfiller. If it Amazon, the shipment usually leaves that day or the next.

If the order is being fulfilled by someone else (Amazon acting as the order taker) is where the delays come...Those external people, usually small operations, give Amazon a bad name...

As mentioned in the Topic Title, these were Amazon Prime items. Both stated that: "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com". I am not sure that items that are not fullfilled by Amazon are ever elligible for Prime shipping and don't really care. I was not trying to bash Amazon or "give them a bad name" and don't think I did. Since getting packages is a relatively frequent topic on this forum, I was only trying to alert folks that might really need something before they move to a new location that there might be shipping delays.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

Actually some items are covered under Prime and are fulfilled from outside Amazon. Maybe I but more things to find this out.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

If the order is being fulfilled by someone else (Amazon acting as the order taker) is where the delays come. I have had an order not processed by the external fulfiller for a few days. I have bitched to Amazon in that there is not place to rate the external fulfillers. Those external people, usually small operations, give Amazon a bad name.

Items sold by "Amazon Marketplace" merchant can either be fulfilled by Amazon or not, as you have noted. However, in both cases you can leave specific feedback for the merchant. This is different from any review of the item you wish to give. Just go to your orders and use the "Leave Seller Feedback" button. Here you will be rating the time it took to receive the item, whether the item was as described, and whether or not the merchant answered any questions you might have had.

As someone who used to be an Amazon Marketplace merchant, I can tell you that getting feedback (both pro or con) is important to Amazon's vendors and is one of the metrics by which Amazon evaluates their performance.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On Dec. 1 I made an order from Amazon Prime. It shipped from the vendor on Dec. 2. Amazon tracking says that it will be delivered tomorrow and the UPS tracking agrees. I'll let folks know if it actually arrives as scheduled.

Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Friday, 12/04/2015, By End of Day Originally Scheduled For Delivery On: Monday, 12/07/2015, By End of Day Last Location: Departed - Hodgkins, IL, United States, Wednesday, 12/02/2015

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just go to your orders and use the "Leave Seller Feedback" button.

Not sure when that was added because that was a suggestion from me to the Amazon people. That was right after making it easier to find a way to communicate to the Amazon people about problems other than the set of fixed topics they offered.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

I was quite pleased with the response I got from Amazon when a package was tracking a few days late and to arrive on the day we left Ohio recently. They offered to send a second shipment immediately to our next address. They said have my FIL , where the package was headed, not accept it when it arrived. I explained that he was seldom home, and it would be left on doorstep. USPS was making the delivery in this case. It sounded like UPS could have redirected the package. They said if it was delivered they would pay return shipping, They also called me back twice over the next days to see if it had arrived or not and if I wanted a second one sent to the next address.

As it turned out we had 60+ mph wind gusts in forecast that persuaded us to delay our departure anyhow, and the package came before we left.

While it was irritating the package was shipment was delayed by the 3rd party seller, Amazon's response could not have been better.

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

I usually place 2 or 3 Amazon orders a week, year round. This time of year its more like 6 a week. I recently ordered 12 items, 11 of them in stock Prime items and they all arrived in 2 or 3 days via UPS or FedEx. The 12th item, non prime from a 3rd party, took 4 days to arrive.

Delays in delivery by Amazon are usually related to bad weather in a specific area, 3rd party sources, or turning the package over to USPS. Since I've not been able to convince Amazon to never trust the USPS with any of my 2 day deliveries, I have found out that UPS does offer an option to "upgrade" any SurePost package to normal delivery by UPS for a small fee, through their UPS MyChoice membership. You can make this option automatic for all SurePost packages (requires providing a default payment method) or manually select it package by package, after email notification of a coming SurePost package. I'm happy to pay any fee to avoid dealing with the frequently incompetent USPS. (SurePost is the delivery category where UPS is directed to turn the package over to the local PO for final delivery). Its also a factor that the USPS wont deliver directly to my winter ranch, they only deliver to a rural mailbox a mile away out on the paved highway. That mailbox is too small for most packages, so a USPS package delivery usually requires a 50 mile round trip drive to the PO in town; whereas UPS and FedEx have no problem delivering right to my front door.

Jim

Not sure when that was added because that was a suggestion from me to the Amazon people. That was right after making it easier to find a way to communicate to the Amazon people about problems other than the set of fixed topics they offered.

We were Amazon Marketplace vendors in the 2008-2010 timeframe and there sure was a Leave Seller Feedback button at that time. You might never have noticed that the "buttons" available to you on your orders are different if the order is directly with Amazon LLC or with one of its vendors.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

I have found out that UPS does offer an option to "upgrade" any SurePost package to normal ground delivery by UPS for a small fee, through their UPS MyChoice membership. You can make this option automatic for all SurePost packages (requires providing a default payment method) or manually select it package by package, after email notification of a coming SurePost package. I'm happy to pay any fee to avoid dealing with the frequently incompetent USPS.

I can't get UPS to create a MyChoice account for me because it insists that our address (both our SD mail service or our winter RV park) is a commercial one. Anyone know of a way around that problem?

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

I usually place 2 or 3 Amazon orders a week, year round. This time of year its more like 6 a week. I recently ordered 12 items, 11 of them in stock Prime items and they all arrived in 2 or 3 days via UPS or FedEx. The 12th item, non prime from a 3rd party, took 4 days to arrive.

Delays in delivery by Amazon are usually related to bad weather in a specific area, 3rd party sources, or turning the package over to USPS. Since I've not been able to convince Amazon to never trust the USPS with any of my 2 day deliveries, I have found out that UPS does offer an option to "upgrade" any SurePost package to normal delivery by UPS for a small fee, through their UPS MyChoice membership. You can make this option automatic for all SurePost packages (requires providing a default payment method) or manually select it package by package, after email notification of a coming SurePost package. I'm happy to pay any fee to avoid dealing with the frequently incompetent USPS. (SurePost is the delivery category where UPS is directed to turn the package over to the local PO for final delivery). Its also a factor that the USPS wont deliver directly to my winter ranch, they only deliver to a rural mailbox a mile away out on the paved highway. That mailbox is too small for most packages, so a USPS package delivery usually requires a 50 mile round trip drive to the PO in town; whereas UPS and FedEx have no problem delivering right to my front door.

A couple of points; the biggest reason that packages are delivered "last mile" by USPS are late is that even though they are dropped off at USPS on the second day, it is most often after the carriers have already left for their routes for the day making delivery that day impossible. Another thing that happens with these packages is that often time UPS, FedEx, or whomever drops these packages off at the post office mark them as "delivered" when they drop them off, even though they wont actually be "delivered" to the customer until the next day.

Having to make a 50 mile round trip into town to get packages is the price you pay for living in such a remote area.

Its been several years since I signed up, but my recollection is that when I got that pop up screen it was more a warning/verify that this is really the correct address. By leaving the address as entered and clicking through with Next or Continue, it eventually accepted it; at least for my SD mail forwarding billing address; I didn't have that issue with any of my physical addresses.

I can't get UPS to create a MyChoice account for me because it insists that our address (both our SD mail service or our winter RV park) is a commercial one. Anyone know of a way around that problem?

Jim

Having to make a 50 mile round trip into town to get packages is the price you pay for living in such a remote area.

No, its only a price I pay when I'm not able to select a delivery with customer service as a priority. UPS and FedEx have no trouble driving up my remote mile long driveway to make deliveries.

Jim

I order from Amazon to a fixed address and noticed no issues. I do order occasionally direct form China and those orders always reflect a 30 day delivery time yet they normally come much sooner, usually within a week. But we have had no delays on our Amazon Prime orders. I just received a 65" 4k TV yesterday from Amazon Prime that was from the start going to be a scheduled delivery. They asked what time next Wednesday I wanted to receive my order. I was offered 9-12, 12-3pm, and 3-6. I was told the driver would call 30 minutes ahead of delivery. All went smoothly, time wise. But they were an hour late and did not call ahead. Were I taking time off work, I might have been peeved, but I'm re-tired. A friend, who's also my plumber was visiting anyway.

I would also recommend you check the bottom of all boxes received and note if they have been opened enough for a hand to reach in and pull out anything. It is pretty obvious how the cardboard box flap is bent and right where the tape was torn/cut. the two times stuff was missing it was on the bottom and obvious something was shoved in by the broken tape and crease in the cardboard flap.

Many times it is the local post office. I ordered a delivery for pickup at the Chimicum post office in 98 that the lady there (it is a tiny one horse Post Office) said had not arrived for a week. Then another lady one day found it and said it had fallen behind a cart. It was marked as arriving the week before. Here I received a large bubble wrap mailer that was empty, obviously, and slit open at one end. It was an order of eight Pre charged Imedion by Powerex ready to use rechargeable batteries. Expensive but they hold their charge for a year like the Eneloop batteries but they are higher milliamps and very reliable. And expensive. Newegg made good on it. When I brought the empty obviously slit open mailer to the local Post mistress she got upset because she told me her carriers are not supposed to deliver an obviously empty package. The batteries were never found.

We get around five to ten packages a month from online sellers. Problems are rare, but there. My route drivers all know my yard and we both know each other's names. and chat for a minute occasionally.

Sometimes it isn't Amazon or other online sellers. Sometimes it is the people locally or en route.

I'd never heard of a my choice account but will look into it, thanks guys.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Its been several years since I signed up, but my recollection is that when I got that pop up screen it was more a warning/verify that this is really the correct address. By leaving the address as entered and clicking through with Next or Continue, it eventually accepted it; at least for my SD mail forwarding billing address; I didn't have that issue with any of my physical addresses.

I just tried again and it refused to let me enter our SD mail forwarding address. There is no way around the popup; it simply says "call UPS" if you have an issue and the one time I did that they said there was no way to use a commercial address.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

No, its only a price I pay when I'm not able to select a delivery with customer service as a priority. UPS and FedEx have no trouble driving up my remote mile long driveway to make deliveries.

UPS and FedEx do not have to deliver to every address six days a week as the USPS is required to do. Perhaps you should lobby your Congressional Representatives to change the "half mile rule". I would support it.

Archived