The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Yup, all settled in for our 1st attempt at 3 months in one location after 4 years of being on the road. Being parked with Roger & Lynn will no doubt make it easier, well ask us in 3 months LOL!!! Just kidding Roger!! .

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, all settled in for our 1st attempt at 3 months in one location after 4 years of being on the road. Being parked with Roger & Lynn will no doubt make it easier, well ask us in 3 months LOL!!! Just kidding Roger!! .

After three months, you should have a good idea of what poor Lynn has to deal with...LOL!!!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We are in Bakersfield, Ca. and had a small rain shower last night. Just heard on the local morning news that's the first rain in 145 days. It's following us. LOL! Hope it's not a wet winter in the desert this year. Good Morning Y'all.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We are in Bakersfield, Ca. and had a small rain shower last night. Just heard on the local morning news that's the first rain in 145 days. It's following us. LOL! Hope it's not a wet winter in the desert this year. Good Morning Y'all.

Travel safe everyone.

You should charge them for your rain making skills! :lol:

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Sure seemed "funny" in the second half when the Broncos would have a good play there would be a penalty. Fishy. LOL.

Been raining all day, not sure if we'll move tomorrow. May sit tight and let the storm pass.

Jeri did you forget your bug spray? A necessity in Florida for sure. Glad alot of people like Florida or the desert would be too crowded.

Travel safe everyone.

Just like I told Joe, hate, hate the mosquitos in Florida. My feet were so swollen from bites I couldn't fit into my shoes. I bought bug spray on Friday but should have bought it on Thursday.

The rain may be following you but you didn't take it all with you. It's still raining in the PNW. Still waiting for departure date. Hope it's Wednesday or Thursday but not sure when. We need that title from South Dakota to get on the road. Who knows when that will happen. I've been studying the map and studying it and studying it. Las Vegas is the target but that might change. It depends on the weather.

Take care everyone.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Finally made it back to civilization! We were parked at Lake Powhatan COE on the South side of Ashville, NC and didn't have phone, internet, current bush or TV for a while. It was the only one we could find on line that had any openings so we took it for a week. It was a nice change from all the activity in Wisconsin, Carol's HS reunion, her sibling reunion, and many more including the tour of Lambeau field, but it was toooo much quiet for us. Now we found a park on the East side of town called Taps RV park and it's quite nice. 30A full hook ups, internet, phone, a small river and even a train. Can't beat that. We came here for the fall foliage color in the Blue Ridge mountains, but so far it's not at it's peak yet. High 40's last night, but he days are in the 70's so the weather is just right, just waiting on the color. I used to pass through here (in my former life) when we bought busses near here at the Thomas Bus plant in High Point, NC, but were always "passing through". We toured the Biltmore mansion the other day and it's quite the place. The largest privately owned home in the United States which was finished in 1895 and had 178,926 square feet of floor space. Nice, but the thought of keeping 43 bathrooms clean is not on my bucket list. Even had a two lane bowling alley in the basement. This is a beautiful area, but all hills woods and curves, so you can't get a feeling that you're in a city. From here we will head to Red Bay Alabama to get the front of our bus repaired from that accident in Branson, MO where the guy in the 5th wheel backed into me. Now to get a cup of Joe and wait for the leaves to turn. Happy travels Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey, Jeff, California will pay you to stay there and keep the rain going!! Could that be called "work camping"? :lol:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Finally made it back to civilization! We were parked at Lake Powhatan COE on the South side of Ashville, NC and didn't have phone, internet, current bush or TV for a while. It was the only one we could find on line that had any openings so we took it for a week. It was a nice change from all the activity in Wisconsin, Carol's HS reunion, her sibling reunion, and many more including the tour of Lambeau field, but it was toooo much quiet for us. Now we found a park on the East side of town called Taps RV park and it's quite nice. 30A full hook ups, internet, phone, a small river and even a train. Can't beat that. We came here for the fall foliage color in the Blue Ridge mountains, but so far it's not at it's peak yet. High 40's last night, but he days are in the 70's so the weather is just right, just waiting on the color. I used to pass through here (in my former life) when we bought busses near here at the Thomas Bus plant in High Point, NC, but were always "passing through". We toured the Biltmore mansion the other day and it's quite the place. The largest privately owned home in the United States which was finished in 1895 and had 178,926 square feet of floor space. Nice, but the thought of keeping 43 bathrooms clean is not on my bucket list. Even had a two lane bowling alley in the basement. This is a beautiful area, but all hills woods and curves, so you can't get a feeling that you're in a city. From here we will head to Red Bay Alabama to get the front of our bus repaired from that accident in Branson, MO where the guy in the 5th wheel backed into me. Now to get a cup of Joe and wait for the leaves to turn. Happy travels Steve

Steve, for Fall color you might try taking a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway heading north of Ashville. We were there on vacation many years ago and also thought that we were too early. We were advised by locals to take the drive and they were right...the leaves were beautiful at the higher elevation!

Been to the Biltmore twice...it's quite the shack...LOL!!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

O was also going to suggest higher elevation for the colors. We just drove through the VA area and the leaves were green at lower elevations and already colored at the higher ones. We also toured the Biltmore. its actually my favorite mansion.

We are in ELP for an undetermined period of time and will beeline home as soon as we are able to leave here.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Hey, Jeff, California will pay you to stay there and keep the rain going!! Could that be called "work camping"? :lol:

If I got a free campsite and I could move where ever they would need me. LOL! That kind of "work camping" I might be able to do.

We toured the Biltmore mansion just over a year ago. It is something to see. Did you pickup any cranberry juice from the winery?

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Just like I told Joe, hate, hate the mosquitos in Florida. My feet were so swollen from bites I couldn't fit into my shoes. I bought bug spray on Friday but should have bought it on Thursday.

The rain may be following you but you didn't take it all with you. It's still raining in the PNW. Still waiting for departure date. Hope it's Wednesday or Thursday but not sure when. We need that title from South Dakota to get on the road. Who knows when that will happen. I've been studying the map and studying it and studying it. Las Vegas is the target but that might change. It depends on the weather.

Take care everyone.

I know not of this rain you speak of. :P We arrived at Pacific Beach, WA yesterday afternoon in with Sunny Skies and 60 degrees. Ocean waves were rolling in and the Ocean was a deep blue. Little breeze, was almost Sun Tanning weather.

Maybe we can meet up in Pharump for dinner at the Winery while you are in Vegas.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

In scenic Bakersfield for the next week maybe longer. There is still a sun. Haven't done that much driving in a long time. Grants Pass to Bakersfield. I just might put the electric heater a way. LOL!

Travel safe everyone.

Something you might check out is Buck Owens Club. Food was good when I went there several years ago and the show that night was not to bad. As much as they liked Ole Buck there in Bakersfield, they most likely had him stuffed and on display there in the club. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Clicking through the mid-west states. Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska and now we are "near" St. Joseph, Missouri. We are at Lewis and Clark State Park (there are many). Really pretty park $19.00 a night electric with a seniors' discount. Wish we could stay longer but we have to be in Memphis on Thursday.

Lots of beautiful leaf colours here too.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Clicking through the mid-west states. Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska and now we are "near" St. Joseph, Missouri. We are at Lewis and Clark State Park (there are many). Really pretty park $19.00 a night electric with a seniors' discount. Wish we could stay longer but we have to be in Memphis on Thursday.

Lots of beautiful leaf colours here too.

Wow! You really are clicking right through them! Hope the deadline is worth the effort.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

He was a prolific reader and read many types of books. He never went to college, but became fluent in French, German and Italian. His main interests were in architecture and art but poetry also tweaked his interest. He also seemed to be interested in the promotion of cranberry juice around campfires, but that's just conjecture at this point. :rolleyes:

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Keep that sun shining!

We might just make it to Pahrump! We did love the meals at the Winery.

Sounds good. Son and I should be there the 30th. Staying in one of the Cottages out at Wine Ridge, just a short walk to the restaurant. Will be in classes during the day and most likely not available to meet on Monday or Tuesday. However should be available Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Heading back home on Friday.

Weather guesser predicted rain here in Pacific Beach yesterday, but we had beautiful sun shining all day. Nice walk on the beach at Damon Point State Park. Found a few Agates, took a few pictures, and had Lunch in Ocean Shores. Today looks to be the same.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

View from our spot at Pacific Beach. Took this about 3pm yesterday when we returned from Ocean Shores. Like I mentioned, looks to be another beautiful day here on the coast. Guess I need to thank Jeff and Tina for taking the rain with them. :lol:

Joe

post-5650-0-75998700-1476890252_thumb.jpg

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

View from our spot at Pacific Beach. Took this about 3pm yesterday when we returned from Ocean Shores. Like I mentioned, looks to be another beautiful day here on the coast. Guess I need to thank Jeff and Tina for taking the rain with them. :lol:

Joe

Your welcome Joe. Nice picture. The sun actually shines there? Wow! We only had showers here one night. Warming to the mid-high 80's for the weekend. I think John and Sharon helped pulling the rain away from the PNW too.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

If I got a free campsite and I could move where ever they would need me. LOL! That kind of "work camping" I might be able to do.

We toured the Biltmore mansion just over a year ago. It is something to see. Did you pickup any cranberry juice from the winery?

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

How long you going to be where you're at?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net