The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Oh, so sorry to hear about the lost key! That was some costly replacement!

Yes, again, it was great to be with everyone gathered in Denver. Hope the "strange" campers stay away from your site!

Enjoy this time with your daughters... best wishes to all! Dianne & Tom

We really enjoyed touching base with Tom, Dianne, Tina, Jeff, Mike and Julie and yes it's a bit lonely now here at Cherry. But, we're sure liking spending some quality time with our girls. We made good use of Jeff's firewood last evening and thanks again Tom for delivering it stacked at our site! Can't wait to see you guys again and get some more of that goooood whiskey.

Hoping to take the Rooster in to a truck wash today. It's one dirty bird from all that Rocky Mountain slush we picked up crossing the Divide. Somehow I lost the keys to my truck yesterday and had to get a new one from the dealer...$205...ouch, what a rip!

Tom & Dianne, your two strange neighbors are still here (I think). Haven't seen the gal with the tent and gear strewn all over since you left but her stuff is...The guy on your other side finally came out of his little pup tent yesterday and staggered to the shower house...hopefully, he took full advantage of the facility. He staggered back, climbed in and haven't seen him out since. Not too worried about him borrowing some of my stuff as he doesn't seem to have a vehicle to put it in and run. This big city camping sure is interesting! Stay safe everybody and happy trails...Roger & Lynn

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately, Lynn carries an extra key but with my track record it's best to have another back up! :unsure:

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

A bit of bad luck, When I got my mail last Saturday I found a bunch of charges to one of my accounts that I didn't make. 4 of them were from Philadelphia, PA and one from a Chic Filet in NJ. I wasn't able to get in touch with my bank until this morning and I was told to get to the bank as soon as possible to sign some affidavits. I ask if I should report the card stolen even though I still have the card. He said no they would issue another and it would go to my SD address. My card is set to expire at the end of this month anyway and I want the bank to get the new card and just hold it for me until I pick it up in person. So that's why I got the answer I did. I've been monitoring it online since and no more fraudulent charges have been made so I'll give up on the 250 miles a week and drive 300 miles a day to get there Thursday evening and be able to be in the bank first thing Friday morning. If it isn't one thing its another. The whole sum of the bad charges is less than $300 so that isn't too bad. Best I can figure is some one in a gas station got my card number off a charge at the pump back in Deming.

Any way because Dianne won't share her Cranberry Juice with me, LOL. I'm all hookup up and ready to head East in the morning. I really didn't want to get there this early. None of the campgrounds around there open untill May 15th. I'll have to go down to Marion, NC off the mountain to find a place to stay until then and drive the extra 35 miles up the mountain to get things done every day. AAAaaRRrrrGGGGgggg.

Same thing happened to us right after we left New Orleans. I do all my banking on line and check my credit card bills at least twice a week. I noticed one charge that I disputed and a couple days later there was about $125 dollars in internet charges. Called fraud division and they cancelled the card and sent another overnight to where we are now working. I think ours happened when we were at the Hard Rock in New Orleans. When she took our card to the back, I think she copied it. All the charges were done over the internet and most times they ask for those numbers on the back. Don't know if I will ever know for sure.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

The bank I use is a small bank and only has a dozen or so branches scattered around western North Carolina. The Vice Presidemt was a personal friend but she doesn't work there any more. I'll probably close all my accounts there now but I don't know where to put the money. Somehow Steves solution doesn't appeal to me. It would make my matress too bumpy and hard to take a Steve on.

Tonight I'm just west of Jackson,TN. One more stop for tomorrow night then I'll be there the following night. I'll be glad to get this all behind me.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Tom and Dianne you might want to check the map. I don't think it posted what you typed for your site, I hope.

Toni it's Colorado. You have winter and July for the seasons. Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

OK Jeff... thanks for letting me know about my site error on the map list... I have changed our location to read, "Horse Pasture." Much better, though we do occasionally witness the previous :) Nell is having a ball chasing rabbits, and it is great that she can be off leash and free out here in the country.

Tom and Dianne you might want to check the map. I don't think it posted what you typed for your site, I hope.

Toni it's Colorado. You have winter and July for the seasons. Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

Tom & Dianne Wartman
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Hi gang

I can tell it is near summer. Tomorrow, D and I head for Wy. If we get out late it will be I-80 for 1400 miles and 125 miles on US 191. If we get out early We go US 24 past Chicago, then up to I-80. That's a long way to work. Did I say work, eck.

safe travels

glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

If it were not for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. As I was pulling out of here this morning and just truning onto t he on ramp of I-40, a SUV came off the off ramp on the other side of the side street at a very high rate of speed. It couldn't stop for the stop sign nor make the corner onto the side streed so it T-boned my truck hitting right at the back wheel. I was half way around the corner. It knocked the back wheels off the springs and broke all the shocks and other stuff that held them on. It also broke the end off the transmission case and let the drive shaft down on the pavement. So here I sit, in the same RV Park I was in last night with no truck to pull my trailer with. I'm waiting for the insurance adjuster to call so I can figure a way to get out of this mess. They brought my trail to the RV court so I'd have a place to live but took my truck to Jackson, TN to their lot and service center. Because my truck has nearly 100K mile on it they will probably say it's totaled and send me a check for the book value. Which leave me having to get a new truck and get it ready to tow. I also need to get to the tow company's lot to get the things out of my truck if they are still there by the time I find a new truck. What a mess. Oh Well, I'm a survivor, I'll find a way out. I called my bank and had them stop all charges on my bank card. I have another bank card with Well Fargo I can use. I hope I can get to NC in time for my Doctors appointment. I also have other means to have enough to buy a new truck without waiting for the insurance check. My problem there will be getting it registered in SD so I can get insurance on the new truck. I can do it via mail but that takes time. Maybe the dealer where I buy the truck can register it in SD and save me that problem. Dianne bring me that glass of Cranberry juice you promised.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Oh no, Lee! That is awful. I'm glad you are okay though. Once you buy a truck and send the papers to your mailbox person, you have it registered within a day. Then, you can get insurance immediately. It can be a quick transaction so don't worry about that. I'm so sorry you have this mess! At least they didn't take you and the trailer with it. So, as hard as it seems there really is a good side.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Oh my word, Lee. I am so grateful you are okay. But what a mess. Like Jeri said, it doesn't take long to get the truck registered and insured. I know the company you use in SD will do everything they can to help you out. At least you still have your home. Did it do any damage to the hitch?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Oh my word, Lee. I am so grateful you are okay. But what a mess. Like Jeri said, it doesn't take long to get the truck registered and insured. I know the company you use in SD will do everything they can to help you out. At least you still have your home. Did it do any damage to the hitch?

Aw Lee, so sorry. And your nice shelves too! Hopefully it will all work out for the better. Best thing - you are fine!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

OMG Lee, we are so glad that you were not hurt but upset about your predicament. We've often wondered about accidents like yours when in transit and how we'd handle it. It's not like we could go back to our stick and brick and wait for repairs. Wish that we were closer to help. Hope that you can get this resolved soon and be back on your travels. Another story for the campfire...please let us know if we can help in any way.

Roger & Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Thanks for all your good thoughts. I need that right now.

Now every one get a wheelbarrow and come help me get all my tools and stuff out of the truck and take it to a storage locker before it gets stollen.

I do have some nice people here that have offered to take me any place I need to go. Plus the man that owns the park has offered to take me into Jackson when I need to go to pick up a rental for transportation around here. I'm a survivor, I'll get past all of this soon.

Now if Dianne would just bring me that cranberry juice.

Well, I had to pick on somebody.

Edited by IYQ

If it were not for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. As I was pulling out of here this morning and just truning onto t he on ramp of I-40, a SUV came off the off ramp on the other side of the side street at a very high rate of speed. It couldn't stop for the stop sign nor make the corner onto the side streed so it T-boned my truck hitting right at the back wheel. I was half way around the corner. It knocked the back wheels off the springs and broke all the shocks and other stuff that held them on. It also broke the end off the transmission case and let the drive shaft down on the pavement. So here I sit, in the same RV Park I was in last night with no truck to pull my trailer with. I'm waiting for the insurance adjuster to call so I can figure a way to get out of this mess. They brought my trail to the RV court so I'd have a place to live but took my truck to Jackson, TN to their lot and service center. Because my truck has nearly 100K mile on it they will probably say it's totaled and send me a check for the book value. Which leave me having to get a new truck and get it ready to tow. I also need to get to the tow company's lot to get the things out of my truck if they are still there by the time I find a new truck. What a mess. Oh Well, I'm a survivor, I'll find a way out. I called my bank and had them stop all charges on my bank card. I have another bank card with Well Fargo I can use. I hope I can get to NC in time for my Doctors appointment. I also have other means to have enough to buy a new truck without waiting for the insurance check. My problem there will be getting it registered in SD so I can get insurance on the new truck. I can do it via mail but that takes time. Maybe the dealer where I buy the truck can register it in SD and save me that problem. Dianne bring me that glass of Cranberry juice you promised.

What is it with those Tennessee drivers!!!! We were on the I 40 headed to Jackson from Nashville when we had our accident. You should probably rent a car for a while so you can get everything done. We didn't but we had the motorhome to drive while our car was getting fixed.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Lee, thank goodness you were not hurt. What a mess those people caused. Did they have insurance?? You probably need to try and rent a pickup truck if you can to go to the wrecker yard and get the stuff out of your wrecked one. All of us that live full time on the road worry a bit about wrecking our "homes", so at least your "home" was spared. I too wish we were closer and could help. Is you camper shell ok on the truck, or will it need to be replaced too? Just know that we are thinking about you, and will drive over there if you need us. Hang in there! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

So glad you are not hurt Lee. We know you are a survivor, but it's still not easy. A new truck would be a blessing if it works out that way. Our thoughts and prayrs are with you.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Oh, no! Lee, we are most grateful that you were not injured, though something like that can sure make you tense and overwhelmed! Please take care of yourself... can't imagine that there is a thing we can do to help from here, but surly will if you think of something. You can bet I will raise a glass of cranberry juice to you, since I can't bring it to you. :) And, will keep good thoughts! Take care, and good luck with all you need to do to get back on track.

Hugs! Dianne & Tom

A bit of bad luck, When I got my mail last Saturday I found a bunch of charges to one of my accounts that I didn't make. 4 of them were from Philadelphia, PA and one from a Chic Filet in NJ. I wasn't able to get in touch with my bank until this morning and I was told to get to the bank as soon as possible to sign some affidavits. I ask if I should report the card stolen even though I still have the card. He said no they would issue another and it would go to my SD address. My card is set to expire at the end of this month anyway and I want the bank to get the new card and just hold it for me until I pick it up in person. So that's why I got the answer I did. I've been monitoring it online since and no more fraudulent charges have been made so I'll give up on the 250 miles a week and drive 300 miles a day to get there Thursday evening and be able to be in the bank first thing Friday morning. If it isn't one thing its another. The whole sum of the bad charges is less than $300 so that isn't too bad. Best I can figure is some one in a gas station got my card number off a charge at the pump back in Deming.

Any way because Dianne won't share her Cranberry Juice with me, LOL. I'm all hookup up and ready to head East in the morning. I really didn't want to get there this early. None of the campgrounds around there open untill May 15th. I'll have to go down to Marion, NC off the mountain to find a place to stay until then and drive the extra 35 miles up the mountain to get things done every day. AAAaaRRrrrGGGGgggg.

Edited by tdhomestead

Tom & Dianne Wartman
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

If you rent a vehicle from Enterprise they will bring it to the campground for you then you give them a ride back to the office. Not sure they have trucks but they do have vans. Which would give you a place to keep your tools while waiting for resolution. So glad you still have your home; hope the hitch is OK. And I'll bet you have a few aches and pains now you didn't before if only from muscle tension. You need to find a cowgirl to come give you a massage.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sorry to hear that Lee. Glad your safe and unhurt. Hearing about thingsa like that is enough to give me the chills. Hope to avoid that entirely.

Bewell

Steve and Jin

Together we, Ranger and Jin

www.desertbandanna.com - The

Heartland North Country RETS31
2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Ext Cab, Dually 4x4, 7.3l diesel.

Oh Man Lee!!! Glad your not hurt. Take it in stride,,, what else can ya do?? Hope it all works out.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Nothing compared to Lee but man this last week has been rough. Mondays travel day was filled with rain and wind and dust. The 3 days in Palo Duro Canyon State Park were pretty good until today when we tried to leave I had a jack that would not come up,,, geeezzzz. So it is now removed from the motorhome but the stupid alarm sounded all the way to Amarillo where we are now getting hammered with wind.

Tore the jack apart and it seems the shaft is busted. I guess I will call Atwood in the morning and see if I can get a new shaft and rebuild this jack or if I need to buy a new jack.

I have NEVER had any luck going through Texas.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Oh, no! Lee, we are most grateful that you were not injured, though something like that can sure make you tense and overwhelmed! Please take care of yourself... can't imagine that there is a thing we can do to help from here, but surly will if you think of something. You can bet I will raise a glass of cranberry juice to you, since I can't bring it to you. :) And, will keep good thoughts! Take care, and good luck with all you need to do to get back on track.

Hugs! Dianne & Tom

Since you won't bring that glass of cranberry juice to me I'm going to hold out for two glasses. One to steady my nerves and one to celebrate todays accomplishments.

I called Enterprise car rentals today and they came and got me. I rented a christler van and went from there to the storage lot and got all my stuff. I didn't get back to the trailer until 8:30PM. And boy am I pooped. With the price per day for that van I think I'd have been better off to just use the money to buy new stuff. The bad news is the Insurance company won't pay for it because it was my truck that was crashed and not my trailor. So I was home and not stranded away from home. They also can't get an adjuster to look at my truck until Monday Thats more days to pay car rental. I bet I'll sleep tonight.