The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Lee-nice to hear you are about to get on the road again. We plan on being in Crossville late Thursday night and all weekend. If you are in the area, love to meet with you.

Steve, You get out of there and stop sending all your storms this way. I just got an alert on my phone that we are under a Tornado Watch. But no warning as yet.

I have the truck now all comlete and the rental is turned in. I'm debating wheather to hook up tonight with this tornado watch in effect. If I leave in the morning I'll be running right along in front or with the storm. Maybe this 6.6 Diesel can out run it? LOL The one thing in my favor is that most storms take a left turn right about here and go farther north. However the forcast for Crossville and Kingston is for severe Thunder Storms tomorrow and the next day. And that is where I plan to stop next. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Now that I've got most of the trouble taken care of, I'm actually beginning to sleep most of the night, And when I wake up to take a stroll down the hall I can go right back to sleep again. My blood pressure is starting to level out and give me consistant readings. Feels good.

Jerry and Janice: I'd love to take you two out to dinner but I don't know if I'll be stopping at the Bean Pot or not. I may drive on the Kingston so that I'll get in a little earlier the next day in NC. I'd hate to have you drive up from GA and me not be there. For some reason I'm in a little bit of a hurry now. Maybe it's because I was supposed to be at my bank two weeks ago to sign some papers. LOL If I don't get in before the bank closes on friday I won't be able to get in until Monday.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in Linville NC, my old home. It's back up there in the mountains where they have to pipe in the sunshine. I was greeted with drizzeling rain and 100% humidity. After I parked the trailer I went straight to the bank and got that problem out of the way. Now I'll tackle getting the vehicle registration and the forms for the new insurance out of the way.

JERRY AND JANICE: I drove all the way to Baileyton up on I-81 East of Knoxville. I stopped in Kingston but the RV Park was a dump so I drove on. I thought of you as I passed Crossville.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Glad you finally got back home to take care of business. How did the new truck handle your rig? Just be careful when you park it in a walmart lot, you'll still be looking for the old truck when you come out. :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Glad you finally got back home to take care of business. How did the new truck handle your rig? Just be careful when you park it in a walmart lot, you'll still be looking for the old truck when you come out. :lol:

You're right about that. The old truck was very easily recognized. This one being white and not having a shell looks like all the rest of the pickups out there except it is longer. (Crew Cab and Long 8' Box)

I've been one busy boy since I got back trying to wrap up the insurance on the new truck and get it registered in SD via phone and mail. My old house keeper is coming over tomorrow to clean me up a bit and try to make me presentable. She's never gives up. I haven't had time to visit all my old friends as yet. I met one in the post office and had a nice talk but I'm trying to get the business taken care of first.

I was getting as much as 22 MPG just cruising around slow not pulling the trailer in Jackson and got about 16 on the first day out of there pulling the trailer. But when I started getting into the hill country I dropped back to 12.6 mpg. My old truck only got about 8.5 on average. Out west I think I'll be getting close to the 16 mpg I got on the first day out of Jackson. That's double what the old truck got. I like that. There are a few features I liked about the old truck over the new one but generally speaking I think I'm going to be happy with the new one. You guys give the kids a big Hug and get out of there. Two close calls in a week. It's trying to tell you something. I don't want to see little pieces of Bessybus flying past here when the next cold front come through.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I decided to put the paper work aside a take a drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway for a nastralga (spelling?) fix to get my spirits back up. It brought back a bunch of fond memories. Now, if I can just talk the boss upstairs to go a little easier on the rain. I'll be one happy boy. This place is sure pretty but I could do with a lot less humidity. The weather has been a little on the cool side. Day time temperatures are only getting into the 60s and nights call for my heater being on. But, that I can handle. You guys be good and happy travels.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great way to lift your spirits and help control the blood pressure at the same time.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We have been dry since leaving the Devils Den State Park. Some stuff in the area but dry & warm.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

My old housekeeper came to muck out my trailer today. When she got the first few layers scraped off, I took her to lunch then we came back to the trailer. She gathered up my laundry and took it home with her to wash tonight. When she left I cleamed up a little then went to a Square Dance at the resort where I lived and the dance club I started 35 years ago. When I left I was hungry so I drove to Marion off the mountain for a half rack of ribs at Fatz. When I finally got back home I opened the door and the gas alarm was screeching. I quick turned off the gas at the tanks, left the door open and after a while I came inside to investigate. I didn't see any problem so I opened all the windows and when it aired out I turned the gas back on and found a stove burner turned on to the lite possition. Whew, first the truck then the trailer. I began to think the devil done had me cornered. I guess my luck has changed for the better. All is OK now. No explosions.

Edited by IYQ

My old housekeeper came to muck out my trailer today. When she got the first few layers scraped off, I took her to lunch then we came back to the trailer. She gathered up my laundry and took it home with her to wash tonight. When she left I cleamed up a little then went to a Square Dance at the resort where I lived and the dance club I started 35 years ago. When I left I was hungry so I drove to Marion off the mountain for a half rack of ribs at Fatz. When I finally got back home I opened the door and the gas alarm was screeching. I quick turned off the gas at the tanks, left the door open and after a while I came inside to investigate. I didn't see any problem so I opened all the windows and when it aired out I turned the gas back on and found a stove burner turned on to the lite possition. Whew, first the truck then the trailer. I began to think the devil done had me cornered. I guess my luck has changed for the better. All is OK now. No explosions.

Lee,

You did the right thing by staying out of your rig till the gas level subsided. Not sure of the properties of propane but with natural gas there's a second chance for an explosion as the gas level lowers (during air out) and drops back to a mixture with the air that can ignite. Most people think that they're safe after opening windows but the gas/mixture conditions can become ripe to explode a second time. Shutting down any source of ignition like a gas fridge would also be prudent.

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Solved the mystery of my lost truck keys the other day (cost $200) that came up missing when we were with some of the Q gang in Denver last month. My daughter was headed to an overnight camp out and Lynn thought she could take her seldom used vest jacket. Kris tried it on and discovered a set of keys in the pocket. Knew those keys had to be near or in the Rooster. Turned the RV and truck inside out searching. Had a feeling that Lynn thought I was slipping a bit and kept reminding me about hanging the keys up each time I wasn't using them. Apparently, she'd used them, left them in her pocket and me being the neat freak that I am hung the vest in the closet before she could retrieve them. At least I'm off the "watch list" for senility for that one and we have a third set of keys!

Wish that someone would turn off the water works here in the Quad Cities...they sure don't need it with all the flooding. Last year they couldn't float a barge on the ol' Mississippi. Lynn's ready to head back to Q and sun for mood therapy!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Back to Q!!! Well I'm sure you would have a easier time finding a place to park than you did finding those keys LOL!!!

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

Back to Q!!! Well I'm sure you would have a easier time finding a place to park than you did finding those keys LOL!!!

Certainly drier but certainly warmer!

We're still laughing about those keys...now if we can only find that 10" skillet lid that disappeared somewhere in the rig! :wacko::D

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Certainly drier but certainly warmer!

We're still laughing about those keys...now if we can only find that 10" skillet lid that disappeared somewhere in the rig! :wacko::D

Funny how that happens in such small quarters isn't it. We have lost so many things.

Hey, weather up here is gorgeous.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

The house keeper came and did some more mucking out this morning. She only had a couple hours befofe having to be at another job. When I told her about the gas I thought she was going to cry. We hired her when she was just a girl. She's more like a daughter than hired help. When she started to leave she stopped at the kitchen stove and checked all the knobs to make sure they were off. I didn't get much else done because of the holiday. It was a beautiful day today sunny and a high of 72.

I can relate to the lost things. I lost a packet of hummingbird feed. Looked all over and it was in a bright red package, should have been easy to spot. Just found it a few minutes ago when I was looking for some scissors...it was in a white shopping bag.....no wonder I couldn't find it. Now my little birds can come for dinner.

Please send the rain away from the Quads as I will be coming through there the end of the week on my way to Ohio for a granddaughter graduation. Unfortunately looks like rain the whole way. Happy Memorial Day to all you vets out there and thank you for your service. Diane

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

All of this downsizing, getting rid of "stuff" and not buying anything to add to the bus unless you get rid of something, finally came down to my fishing gear! :unsure: Hmmmm I used to be a big bass fisherman, you know, boat fast enough to catch them, abc lures to entice them, culminating in a tackle box (bag) that will sink my current boat. :o My 10.5' inflatable needs fishing equipment, but cannot stand the weight of the tackle I used to think I needed in my quest to catch um all!! Soooo we went to Bass Pro Shop today to buy my compact fishing system that will still support my habit, but will still allow my much smaller boat to float. That is a dangerous place to go, but if I could put blinders on (so I couldn't see the new bass boats), I figured I'd be ok. I did come away from Bass pro shop with the right tackle bag for my current situation, but I guess if I get into any Heavy fishing, I'll have to get ahold of Jim Dixon, and borrow some extra tackle from him. :lol:

One thing that really aggravates me, being a senior citizen, is not having a nationwide old farts fishing license. I have a lifetime license for Oklahoma, but now that we fulltime, we are in a lot of places that look like great fishing spots, but if we are just going to be there for a short time it can get expensive to buy "out of state" permits every time we want to "wet a line". Oh well, now I have to spend the rest of the evening sorting tackle and figure out what needs to go in my new tackle system and what has to go in the old tackle bag and therefore into the storage shed to be figured out by our son at some later date. That's all I know for today. We give thanks for all the veterans who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our way of life. Happy trails. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve - don't even get Jim started on that nationwide old fart's fishing license. He got a new tackle box and spent days moving stuff out of one into the other. Kept him out of trouble though.

Had dinner tonight with Dianne and Tom and Dave and Nancy. Dave and Nancy rode with us and once again we got lost with them along. Seems to be a regular thing for us. Had a great time. Ice cream back at Dianne and Tom's. Perfect evening.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I can relate to the lost things. I lost a packet of hummingbird feed. Looked all over and it was in a bright red package, should have been easy to spot. Just found it a few minutes ago when I was looking for some scissors...it was in a white shopping bag.....no wonder I couldn't find it. Now my little birds can come for dinner.

Please send the rain away from the Quads as I will be coming through there the end of the week on my way to Ohio for a granddaughter graduation. Unfortunately looks like rain the whole way. Happy Memorial Day to all you vets out there and thank you for your service. Diane

Diane, are you planning on spending a few in the QC's? We're at Fisherman's Corner COE near Hampton, IL. We'll be here till June 2nd and then moving next door to Illiniwek county park for a bit. It would be great to see you and Glyn!

Just got a robo call from the COE cancelling our reservations at Iowa City park. They've closed the CG due to flooding at the dam. We have more doc appointments there so, I've gotta now scramble and find a roost somewhere else nearby...stop it...enough rain already! :blink:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Glyn has to stay and work the campground here in WY and I will be driving by myself. I will be in a bit of a hurry this week but will have more time to stop and visit on my way back to WY from Ohio. My return will be closer to the 15 or 16 of June if you are still in that area as it is very close to interstate 80/74 which is my route this time. Also, I will be in a very maneuverable little car so I can go anywhere quickly:-) If anyone else is along interstate 80 between Quads and Rock Springs, WY the middle of June my plans are open for side trips to visit, (especially if you know of a good ice cream stop). Love chatting here and knowing there are like minded people out there along our travels.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

We just moved again. We are at Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas now.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

We stayed at Fiherman's Corner COE about 4 yrs ago. Really liked all the parks along the Mississippi.

Ed is waiting for the 'old farts' national fishing license also!!

Diane, are you planning on spending a few in the QC's? We're at Fisherman's Corner COE near Hampton, IL. We'll be here till June 2nd and then moving next door to Illiniwek county park for a bit. It would be great to see you and Glyn!

Just got a robo call from the COE cancelling our reservations at Iowa City park. They've closed the CG due to flooding at the dam. We have more doc appointments there so, I've gotta now scramble and find a roost somewhere else nearby...stop it...enough rain already! :blink:

Roger

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

It's been a very busy day but I'm beginning to make some progress, I THINK. If I can get a letter in the mail the first thing in the morning I think I have everyone satisfied for the Vehicle Registration. The New insurance company called this morning with a few questions. I hope I answered them to their satisfaction. And the Old Insurance company wanted me to fill out a survey telling them how nice they were and how efficient they were. I didn't respond. anything I wrote would have spontaniously combusted before it ever got there. I also found the right Tonneau top for my truck and it will be here Thursday night for me to get installed Friday morning. I'll give the other soft topper to my house keepers son for helping me fix the bed of the truck the way I want it. I could have shot the parts department, where I bought the truck, for ordering the wrong one when they knew I had to leave the next morning. Now all I have to do the rest of the day is find something to eat and crap out for a while. Anyone got an old steak the don't need, medium rare.

Glyn has to stay and work the campground here in WY and I will be driving by myself. I will be in a bit of a hurry this week but will have more time to stop and visit on my way back to WY from Ohio. My return will be closer to the 15 or 16 of June if you are still in that area as it is very close to interstate 80/74 which is my route this time. Also, I will be in a very maneuverable little car so I can go anywhere quickly:-) If anyone else is along interstate 80 between Quads and Rock Springs, WY the middle of June my plans are open for side trips to visit, (especially if you know of a good ice cream stop). Love chatting here and knowing there are like minded people out there along our travels.

Diane, On the 15-16 we will be staying at Sugar Bottom COE near North Liberty, IA. Managed to reserve a site there after being told that they closed the Coralville Dam COE due to flooding. It's a bit of a drive away from I-80 but if you get a chance stop by! Of course, you can check our pin location...that thing is great.

Roger & Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We stayed at Fiherman's Corner COE about 4 yrs ago. Really liked all the parks along the Mississippi.

Ed is waiting for the 'old farts' national fishing license also!!

The COE parks are some of the best in the Midwest...many with great views of the Mississippi.

Brought my fishin' gear with us too but haven't gotten out due to high out of state fees. Where do I get this ol' fart's license! :P

Roger & Lynn Rempe