New impact

Vegas Teacher

There is a video on it from last year, said it would be on sale 1st quarter so just a bit late. 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Nice.

i just bought a 1” hf pistol grip air driven impact, and it won’t remove my lugnuts.

That was a waste.  I could have put that money towards one of these. 

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

4 hours ago, Exile said:

Nice.

i just bought a 1” hf pistol grip air driven impact, and it won’t remove my lugnuts.

That was a waste.  I could have put that money towards one of these. 

I want to love harbor freight and for some things they are great. I keep looking at the bench top belt sander, wheel sander combo, but I just can't bring myself to buy it. Same with their air compressor, the price is great but I bought the 8 gallon for my dad, at Christmas 2 years ago, it died in 6 months. We made sure it had oil and everything, just quit, motor wouldn't even turn on. I pulled the air plug, emptied the tank, called harbor dud what they said just dead. I feel your pain. What brand of impact did you buy from them?

4 hours ago, ARGO said:

I buy most of my tools at a pawn shop. Good quality name brands, will last for years with my use. And usually cheaper than Horrible.

I did not know Pawn shops sold tools. I thought they were all jewelry and stuff like that. Thanks for the information. I have never been in a pawn shop before. 

19 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I did not know Pawn shops sold tools. I thought they were all jewelry and stuff like that. Thanks for the information. I have never been in a pawn shop before. 

Depends on the shop. Some have more tools than a Snap On truck. You do need to know the value though, not all are bargain priced.

In my area, video games and sports equipment are the large part of pawn shop inventory.

Kinda have to survey around for the right shop(s) - you're correct in thinking that many of the pawn shops tend to be quazi-jewelry shops. However, wwaaaayyyyy back, I bought all my Iron Working & Connector tools from pawn shops, down the harnesses and spud bars. A few of them even went so far as to carry a few of the more popular tools in a new state. Just do your homework. Horrid Flake impacts are one of the "don't even think it" tools they seem to carry.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

FYI, I quit hemming and hawing and bought the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" inch High Tourque Impact Wrench Kit w/ Friction Ring.

Model#2767-22SS

I took it out of the box, and installed a battery and busted a couple of the lugs nut loose on the Volvo👍.

Didn't even bother to charge the battery first. Tool worked right out of the box.

I am starting a gofundme account to restart my retirement account, but otherwise I am pleased.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Parrformance,

Don't worry about buying a good tool to use. Remember the old bad tool vs good tool saying. Good tools make you cry when you buy them but smile every time you use them. Bad tools make you smile when you buy then and cry every time you use them. I have had enough busted knuckles in my past from cheap tools breaking.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

, i know, please forgive me for i have broken the cardinal rule of tool buying.

my 1/2” Milwaukee impact won’t bust my lugnuts either.  1400 lb ft? Supposed to be the high torque model.  Seems like i bounced up and down on my big breaker bar also with no movement  

i will try bigger hose for hf impact (it is the hf brand), already put all high flow fittings in, even though tool came with standard fitting.

The reviews claim guys use them on semis.  

if that doesn’t do the trick, i’ll stop by the local pawn shops.  I have bought tools in the pawn shops here that you aren’t sold new in any store in my little town (hammer drill)

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

1 hour ago, Exile said:

, i know, please forgive me for i have broken the cardinal rule of tool buying.

my 1/2” Milwaukee impact won’t bust my lugnuts either.  1400 lb ft? Supposed to be the high torque model.  Seems like i bounced up and down on my big breaker bar also with no movement  

i will try bigger hose for hf impact (it is the hf brand), already put all high flow fittings in, even though tool came with standard fitting.

The reviews claim guys use them on semis.  

if that doesn’t do the trick, i’ll stop by the local pawn shops.  I have bought tools in the pawn shops here that you aren’t sold new in any store in my little town (hammer drill)

You can always get one of these...

TAQmmqIl.png

You can also get a good 3/4 or 1" air impact gun and use your truck air to run them. I keep a 1/2" battery impact on the truck for most things but have a 3/4 air impact for the big stuff. You can get your 1/2" impact to work by increasing the weight of the socket by welding it into a piece of heavy wall pipe. We used to make our own for Honda crank bolts and then Lisle came out with a factory socket that does the same thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-77080-Harmonic-Balancer-Socket/dp/B00RGNCV1U

Take a look at the wall thickness on that socket and you can see the difference. Get an impact socket that will fit your lug nuts and then go to a welding shop, fabricator or machine shop and get them to find or make a sleeve from pipe that will let your socket go inside of it and then weld them together. The additional weight of the socket when the hammers hit will spin a tight lug nut off in a hurry.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Yeah, i will see what i have for scrap that i can stick to the socket.  And still get it inside the rim.

and if i get mad, i can get a miltiplier for 52.00

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

On 3/25/2019 at 1:55 PM, Vegas Teacher said:

Does Milwakee make a good product? I only have Ridgid tools at home.

Yes, Milwaukee is very good. Near the top of the heap. Just my opinion.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived