remoandiris

Verizon Unlimited Data Plan for Jetpacks

Took my mifi to a Verizon store today and signed up for the prepaid.  Got back to the RV and the mifi keeps connecting then disconnecting from the signal.  Signal meter shows strong signal, then it is gone.  Don't know if it is a hardware or software problem.  Will deal with it later in the week.

I have had an ATT Mobley account since they came out.  I am using it more and more as I learn how to better use my allocated internet space.  When I got my new coach, I didn't put on a dish with the intent of using only internet TV.  So far that has worked well but my monthly data usage is going up.  So i have some concerns that I may eventually fall into an abuser category and lose my unlimited status.  So the release of the VZW unlimited plan was good news for me.

Took my unused Jetpack to the Verizon store and I was in and out with my Unlimited plan in under 10 minutes.  Never got out of a phone store that fast!  The Jetpack works well and so far I am happy.  I have a WiFiRanger Go so I will set that up to load balance between the two account, plus any "free" WiFi it can find.  So far, so good...

I was in and out with my Unlimited plan in under 10 minutes.

That was about how long it took me too.  I also purchased their new hotspot (8800L) and had them activate it along with the new prepaid unlimited plan.

BTW, the new hotspot looks very similar to the 7730L except it has a light gray case instead of a black one.  It's also slightly larger and has a much cleaner design.  The only external ports are the USB C port and the 2 antenna ports.  Minor difference is that the caps for the antenna ports pop-off rather than having a slender thread of plastic retaining them. 

The antenna ports are of the same type as the 7730L and the batteries are identical (same part number).

I verified that my new 8800L works, but haven't taken the time to configure it or play with it yet.  I'm hopeful that I can tether it to my Synology router.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, chiefneon said:

I contacted Verizon today and switched our postpaid MiFI hotspot to the new Unlimited predaid Account. I thought it went smoothly until I tried to use the Jetpacks and it was still slow as we have used up our allotted unlimited data for the month on our postpaid plan. Another call back and they straightened it out and sending out a new sims card on Tuesday. So just a word to the wise it might be easier to go into a Verizon store to get it done even if you have to educate them about it.

It's not necessary to change SIMs to transfer an existing Jetpack from a prepaid plan to the new post-paid one.  All it takes is a CSR with a sufficient knowledge base.  I'm currently using the same SIM and phone number on my Jetpack as I did when it was post-paid.

58 minutes ago, docj said:

It's not necessary to change SIMs to transfer an existing Jetpack from a prepaid plan to the new post-paid one.  All it takes is a CSR with a sufficient knowledge base.  I'm currently using the same SIM and phone number on my Jetpack as I did when it was post-paid.

This is correct information. We moved both smart phones and the 6620L MiFi from a post-paid account to the new prepaid account using the same phone numbers and SIM cards. A CSR that knows what they are doing is essential.

Rob

Howdy!

I was told that I new sims card to activate the new prepaid plan. When it didn’t come in the mail today I contact Verizon and they activated the old sims car in my 7730L. The next problem was when I pulled up my account I found the following information regarding the new plan.

Data

UNLIMITED1

Full HD Streaming (720p)2

1 Once high-speed data allowance is used, you will have 2G speeds for the remainder of the month. Your data experience and functionality of some data applications, such as streaming video or audio, may be impacted unless you purchase additional data.
2 HD-quality streaming (up to 780p) on devices connected to Jetpacks. In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic.
You must have sufficient account balance at time of renewal to cover the Monthly Access to use the service.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I contacted them via online chart and they assured me it was the plan 28366 unlimited no throttling with 1080p streaming.

Has anyone else with this new plan had this problem viewing your account and it not reflecting the correct plan information?

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon 
Edited by chiefneon