Rainbow's End price increase

SWharton

53 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Are there parks where that isn't OK? 

Depends on what "your own thing" is.  If your "thing" is to get drunk, raise hell, be loud and obnoxious, let your dog run loose, smoke your neighbors out, shoot fireworks, etc., there are lot's of campgrounds and rv parks which don't allow those things..............thanks goodness.  😀

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

42 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

If your "thing" is to get drunk, raise hell, be loud and obnoxious, let your dog run loose, smoke your neighbors out, shoot fireworks, etc., there are lot's of campgrounds and rv parks which don't allow those things..........

Very true and probably the best feature of them!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, ToddF said:

I realize there are no requirements to play pickleball or take line dance lessons.😀

Here is a park with no buildings except the office! This is a neat location near Savannah GA. Great rates! And very low key.

http://www.hardeevillerv.com/rates.htm

I suppose that joke would have landed if I had any idea what "pickleball" is. I'll have to Google it. 😀

You think it would be frowned upon if I were to tape a sign on my door that says "Please don't knock on my door. I am not interested in socializing."? Because I am pretty much not... 😀

1 hour ago, eddie1261 said:

I suppose that joke would have landed if I had any idea what "pickleball" is. I'll have to Google it. 😀

You think it would be frowned upon if I were to tape a sign on my door that says "Please don't knock on my door. I am not interested in socializing."? Because I am pretty much not... 😀

In my experience it is VERY rare to have someone you have not already established a relationship with come knock on your door. It happened to me once in six years when a woman saw that my license plate was from her home state so she wanted to invite me to a gathering at the local VFW of people from that state. I declined.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

In my experience it is VERY rare to have someone you have not already established a relationship with come knock on your door. It happened to me once in six years when a woman saw that my license plate was from her home state so she wanted to invite me to a gathering at the local VFW of people from that state. I declined.

Linda Sand

I agree, Linda. We've occasionally had someone passing by ask where we're from in our home state if we're outside, and once in awhile at SKP parks we find a note taped to our door advising us of some upcoming event. We have had park management knock on our door to advise us of a temporary water or power shutoff for maintenance, etc., but I think that's a good thing... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We're getting close to putting our name on an Escapees Co-op list. We still have some questions that need to be answered and a few other ducks to get in a row, but it will happen. We've stayed at two: The Ranch in NM and Lone Star in TX. The personalities of the two parks are quite different, and I suspect that other Co-op Parks have their own personalities, too. Find the one that best suits you.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

2 hours ago, kb0zke said:

We've stayed at two: The Ranch in NM and Lone Star in TX. The personalities of the two parks are quite different, and I suspect that other Co-op Parks have their own personalities, too.

We have stayed in several of the co-op parks and no two are quite the same, as one could expect since each one is managed by a board of directors elected from &  the membership. In addition, there are some that state laws play a major role in some parts of the operation. For example, The two CA parks are like that. It is also important to remember that all of the co-op parks use member volunteers for many of the jobs that need to be done and so at least some involvement is important. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 2:18 PM, eddie1261 said:

I read that 4 times and I am trying to find a way to make it relevant to my dismay that the waiting lists are longer than it has been that the Browns won the Super Bowl. (They have never won the Super Bowl.) I would love to own a spot to call home base but I don't have 50 years to wait for my name to drift to the top of a waiting list, particularly when I paid money to get on that list. There are a few spots for sale (which I suspect is from people tiring of RV life or dying off, since those are pretty much the only reasons that spaces would become available) but the ones I would consider from the price point aspect are not at the co-op would like to be in.

C'est la vie.

First, it does not take 50 years. We were offered a spot with 8 months. We choose to accept it, as long as our 40 Ft DP would fit.

We learned that once we were a lease holder we could put our name on a relinquish lot list. This means, we were offered the lot first. Within 5 mths, we got the lot we wanted and relinquish, the first lot. 

You would be surprised how each SKP Co-oP facility works. It is not always first on the list. Second, on certain SKP's . people will put there name on, yet are not ready to become lease holders, so they decline, and are moved down the list.

So, your statement " 50 years " is not based on fact. As I stated, you must read the requirements, and discuss with a board member on becoming a lease holder and HOW, that specific Co-oP works. By the way, the SKP, in Benson, has a hot list, you must call in on a Saturday to be on that days relinquish lot list. 

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

45 minutes ago, Dale P said:

So, your statement " 50 years " is not based on fact.

There are still a few Escapee co-op parks that have no wait list at all.  An example of that would be The Ranch where there are  more than 10 lots available now. On the other side of things, Kofa Ko-op has a wait list of about 5 years.

Each co-op is run differently. For instance, Benson, AZ's: You put your name on 'the list'.  When a lot becomes available, anyone on the list can call in on Saturdays if they want the lot that's available.  The person calling in with the lowest number on 'the list' gets the lot.  You'd be surprised at the many high numbers  who get lots.  Many of the lower numbers aren't ready to buy in yet - they're still enjoying their traveling so they don't call in and there's no pressure to do so. You never loose your spot on the list.  This is a terrific way of getting a lot. It works very well.

Some other co-ops do it a different way.  They go in numerical order. When your name becomes #1 you can pass up the lot available once or twice (depending on the co-op).  If you keep passing it up you are moved to the bottom of the list and begin over.

Once you get into the park, when a lot in a more preferable area or a more preferable lot becomes available, those who already have a lot get first dibs on the new available lot.  If no one in the park wants it, it then is offered to the list.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that prices need to go up but appreciate you letting us know about the increase. 

Words To Live By:

• " Welcome To Our Campsite Where Friends And Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time" - Me
  • " Every problem in the world can be fixed with one of two items. If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, WD-40." - Rving Review

States I've Visited:

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived