RV.net Photo Posting

SuiteSuccess

I have been using this site for forum posting, now can't get a photo to upload when I select.  Anyone else with problems or solutions?

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

9 minutes ago, noteven said:

Try dragging the photo into the box at the bottom of your post "Drag files here...."

Can you drag a photo on an iPad?  I'm having no luck doing that.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

The code that Imgur generates, to post the photo, comes with a set of square brackets at the front and back ends. Strip those off to post here. This site likely is hard programmed to add the code, and results in a collision. As an eg, here is the code generated to post a recent photo, dSjZtcMl.jpg. [/IMG]The photo insert function didn't want to take it as-is, so I stripped off the square brackets, and their contents, to give this: https://i.imgur.com/dSjZtcMl.jpg. 

Note: This pasting into the body of the message, without the use of the "Insert other media" results in a clickable link, but no preview.

Edit to add: the forum software takes the Imgur code to post a photo without the use of the insert button. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

The problem is when I hit the select photo tab it will come up with a menu to select site from which to choose photos. When I select a photo it will not upload and just closes site. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

This 2MB photo was selected from my local drive using the "Select" button at http://photoposting.is-great.net/. It uploaded and the image tagged link that I copied & pasted here was created...

5dMWeYSl.jpg

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Hmm, must be a problem with my iPad.  Before I always hit the blue "or select" button on the site, would then select a pic from "my photo library" on my iPad and it would upload a URL.  I would remove the "img"from the back and front of the URL

like Darryl said and copy and paste in the "insert other media" of my post.  Not working now.  Will not even bring up a URL to copy.

Thanks for the help, will see what I can figure out.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

AUMKkNgl.jpg

Interesting.  I deleted the link I had stored in my favorites and clicked on the link Dutch posted above and put in my favorites.  It works like it always has before.  Maybe I had a corrupted link?  Again thanks for the help.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I just found about about the attached link for Firefox and it works to show the Photobucket images. that I tried with Glenn West's forum posting about his side fairings.

There is also one for Chrome, but I cannot verify that it works.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:34 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

This 2MB photo was selected from my local drive using the "Select" button at http://photoposting.is-great.net/. It uploaded and the image tagged link that I copied & pasted here was created...

I tried to visit it but was given this warning.

_-_2017-09-06_20.49.55.jpg

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

RandyA, after doing a bit of checking, I found that the "is-great.net" domain where the photo posting site is located as a sub-domain, is a one of the available domain names for a free site hosting service. Since the free hosting sites are sometimes the source of questionable sites, I suspect Norton is triggering the warning based on the primary domain name, not the specific sub-domain used by the photo posting app. The actual photo storage is done on Imgur.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 1 month later...

test

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Archived