Classes of 2008 and 2009

The neighbor said that 20 years ago the grass here was knee high. Today as IYQ can confirm, it won't make it to the top of your shoes. She hopes the weather is in a 20 year cycle and that the tall grasses will return. So do I. I'd really like to see that.

I'll pass. To me knee high grass means ticks. :(

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll pass. To me knee high grass means ticks. :(

Linda Sand

Dave C. is so far out in the toolies that his watch doesn't even have ticks.

Sunday, A pretty lazy day. I went to Ellsworth AFB to the Base Exchange and bought some better shoes and still got the narrow soles I was hunting for and for half the price. A day well spent, just like my money. I hoping my mail comes tomorrow so I can leave Tuesday Morning.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

HMMMMMM just reading all that made me tired. ;) Gonna have to finish picking the crab today, then onward and upward to getting the water hooked up to the shop.

Joe

We are in Bend Oregon now, getting closer. May be a few weeks before we get to your area. Got to plan with Jeri and Steve on how to get some crabs, bad whiskey and cran berry juice before that are all gone!!! You better not take too many more Steves before we arrive.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

In that time I'll decide if I want to head for the NM mountains or over to the WA and OR mountains and come back through NV and AZ. I know one thing. I'm heading for the high ground somewhere, this heat and humitity is getting to me.

Might as well head to Joe's place. That Joe is pretty slick and we will need all the help we can get to get any crabs, baaad whiskey or cranberry juice.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We are in Bend Oregon now, getting closer. May be a few weeks before we get to your area. Got to plan with Jeri and Steve on how to get some crabs, bad whiskey and cran berry juice before that are all gone!!! You better not take too many more Steves before we arrive.

Jerry

Cool, now I have you located I can predict when you will arrinve in this area.............................June 2013. Steve and I will have drank all the BAAAD WHISKEY, and Jeri and Terry will have helped me polish off all the CRAB. As for the Cranberry Juice......., dang now I'm so tired just thinking bout all this I'm gonna go pull a Steve. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :lol:

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jerry

Today is moving day for us. It's a long drive. We have about 25 miles to go.

:D :D We had thought we'd hang around and wait for you but I'm guessing now by the time you work your way around we'll be gone ..... and so will the crabs. :lol: We'll probably head back inland next week.

Toni -- did you figure when you're going to take your little vacation?

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

It just couldn't wait. I got the mail I was waiting for and I'm going to pull out in the morning but while I was reading my mail it started raining so now I've got the MUD BATH to contend with again. The mud here is the stickiest darn stuff I've ever seen. I'm wondering if I can send some to Jeri to be washed away in all that rain and some to Dave C to dry out in all that wind and dust. Nah, I wouldn't wish this stuff on anybody. Fortunately I've got most of the work done getting the rig ready to roll and when I roll in the slide I'll have a stip of fairly hard surface to walk on in the morning to complete the job. The contractor showed up this morning and tried to break up the clods in the strips between the pads. About all he accomplished is getting a bunch of that muck on the pads so now I'll be tracking it into everywhere I walk. If I ever come here again I'm going to use the FAM CAMP at Ellsworth AFB. It's only about 4 miles from here and it looks pretty nice. Paved roads and all the sites are on cul-de-sacs. (Large circle drives with about 4 sites on each cicle) They are planning on expanding and putting in some pull-thrus sometime this year. $20 a night as opposed to $58 at KOA for full hookups and only a couple blocks from the Base Exchange and Commissary. Tomorrow I hope the be tracking in Buffalo dung instead of this sticky mud. I'm hoping I can get into that Bison ranch. They go into a reservation only mode and jack up the price during Frontier Days in Cheyenne. That starts the last two weeks of July. The Frontier days actually start on the 23rd in town.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Today is moving day for us. It's a long drive. We have about 25 miles to go.

:D :D We had thought we'd hang around and wait for you but I'm guessing now by the time you work your way around we'll be gone ..... and so will the crabs. :lol: We'll probably head back inland next week.

Toni -- did you figure when you're going to take your little vacation?

Probably not going to happen in July. Too many hours. I must be doing a good job cause she is asking me to do extra shifts.

Come this way, if you can.

Hugs.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I'm wondering if I can send some to Jeri to be washed away in all that rain...

HAHAHA ... we haven't had much rain. Actually, it's been just about perfect. However, from what our never-wrong weatherman is saying, we may be in for a few little bucketfuls this next week. Oh well ....

Probably not going to happen in July. Too many hours. I must be doing a good job cause she is asking me to do extra shifts.

Come this way, if you can.

Hugs.

Of course, you're doing a good job. None of us would doubt it. We're not good at watching people work.

Our move today was more like 30 miles instead of the 25 I figured it would be. It was a long day as you can imagine. However, we ended up with a really nice site and right on the water, of course. After all the activity, we'll probably take it easy tomorrow or we might not. :D The Tillamook Cheese Factory isn't far and that's one of our weaknesses.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

HAHAHA ... we haven't had much rain. Actually, it's been just about perfect. However, from what our never-wrong weatherman is saying, we may be in for a few little bucketfuls this next week. Oh well ....

Of course, you're doing a good job. None of us would doubt it. We're not good at watching people work.

Our move today was more like 30 miles instead of the 25 I figured it would be. It was a long day as you can imagine. However, we ended up with a really nice site and right on the water, of course. After all the activity, we'll probably take it easy tomorrow or we might not. :D The Tillamook Cheese Factory isn't far and that's one of our weaknesses.

YUM! Especially breakfast!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Here I am on the Colorado/Wyoming state line on I-25 at the Terry Bison Ranch. This is a big place. I haven't had time to look around so I can't complain about anything as yet. The Campground is just a big field with some current bushes in rows (Full Hookups) they do have a boondock area. Not very many trees but this part of the country has always had a tree shortage. It spit rain about 1/3 of the way down here but this place seems high and dry. There was a cute little cowgirl checking people into the campground. Right down my alley! It only took about half a second to convince me I was going to stay for a week. They have Free Wi-Fi and it seems pretty good. The cell phone also has 4 bars and the campground has one bar. The Brass Buffalo Saloon. They have several differt stores but I haven't checked them out yet. The Check-in is in the trading post. (Tourist trap) Which also has minor Camping supplies and some food supplies. I'm a little tired from driving so I'll check them all out tomorrow while I do the laundry. They have a Dinning car on the Train that runs for a Sunday Lunch ride. The ride is $10 and the lunch is $10. They also have a 2 hour Ride-N-Dine which is a 2 hour train ride then they come back and Dine at the restaurant. The Breakfast ride is $65, Dinner Ride $70 and if you don't want to eat the ride is $60. I may take the lunch ride. 2 hours is a little too much for me unless that little cowgirl is sitting beside me. LOL. Right now I'm going to take a Steve. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, we're both totally exhausted, but we got the new Mobile Suites yesterday and spent all day today putting everything away. Not that we are done yet, haha.

As soon as the interior doesn't look like a cyclone hit it, I'll post some pictures on my blog.

Monday we head to the factory to get some minor issues looked at and taken care of.

meantime,

I sleep.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

While I was taking a Steve a thunder storm blew up and it really rained hard for about 45 minutes. I got most of the mud washed off my rig and guess what I went for a walk after the storm and no mud. It must be a miracle. It's 10:30 now and there is another thunder storm pouring water on my rig but not as hard as the first one. I walked up to the trading post to check the laundry out. It's workable but typical ranch. Not the most modern or nicely laid out arrangment. It'll do. I'll give it a test tomorrow.

Congratulations Sue. I hope it will bring you happiness for many years to come.

Edited by IYQ

Congrats Sue. Sure am looking forward to the pictures. Moving is so much fun. I honestly don't think I have all that much stuff in the motorhome but trying to move it all really lets you know how much there is.

Lee - I'm not sure your rig will know what to do without being covered in mud. Are you sure it'll run?

The leaf spring finally showed up and we have an appointment tomorrow to get it repaired. Yea!!!

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Yes! Congratulations, Sue, on your new home. What a perfect time to clean out all the stuff you've accumulated too. Have fun getting it set up and trying it out.

Lee - We have one of those dinner trains down the road from us too. Matter of fact, we're backed up almost on it's track but we do know the train on the track only runs once a week or we wouldn't be here. We're going to check it out also and may or may not take a ride.

Sandie - Glad you're getting the spring fixed. Hopefully, this means you'll be able to move forward with the rest of your summer plans.

We're heading back into Portland today. We sure had a "squall" come through here yesterday. It was one of those days that we didn't do much.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I've looked at the laundry basket about 5 times today and it just sits there and don't seem to be getting done. I think I'll run into Town and check out Cheyenne. Maybe it'll get done while I'm gone. If not there is always tomorrow. It was pea soup fog when I got up this morning but it has burned off and is a rather nice day so far. Bright sun, only a few white puffy clouds and 76 degrees with an 8 mph breeze. Lets hope it stays that way. I took a long walk and checked out the place this morning. It's strickly a tourist trap but I enjoy watching the people. Down by the corral and train station they have a camel a few ostrich a couple of Lama and hourse from dog sized to Budweiser Brutes. Several bus loads of kids came in and where being intertained by men dressed like cowboys talking to them. I might survive the week and not take part in any of it but it will be hard to stay out of the Senators Restaurant and Brass Buffalo Bar. That Buffalo Burger is sounding better every time I try to cook myself a meal. There was also a large group of Red Hat Ladies wandering around. It looks like they came to have lunch in the restaurant then decided to tour the place in little groups of 2 or 3 ladies. Well, It's off to Cheyenne, I have to see if that laundry gets done while I'm gone.

I took a long walk and checked out the place this morning. It's strickly a tourist trap but I enjoy watching the people.

Maybe you should sit out front and sell some of your carvings. They're likely to be better than anything for sale inside.

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Yippee! Congrats on the New rig, new leaf spring, maybe new tall grass,

Our news is: one new granddaughter - Alison Betty Swain 8 lb 7 oz 21inches on 7/11- a real cutie - lots of dark brown hair. We now get that whole grandparent thing!!!

Edited by readytoride

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Maybe you should sit out front and sell some of your carvings. They're likely to be better than anything for sale inside.

Linda

That won't work, my nieces took everything I had except the cane for the charity this winter. I hid that on them. Now I have to start all over on my collection. It happens every year. But they are sweet especially my GG niece. But I'll bet I could attract alot of the visitors that are buying the junk here. Them and a few flies.

When my Nieces were raiding my hoard of carvings, what surprised me, was my Niece's husband is the one that wanted the Love Spoon with the Celtic knot in the handle. Maybe he's planing on hunting for a new gal.

Our news is: one new granddaughter - Alison Betty Swain 8 lb 7 oz 21inches on 7/11- a real cutie - lots of dark brown hair. We now get that whole grandparent thing!!!

Congratulations Granny. LOL

Congratulations. It's amazing how that little bundle can change your whole outlook on babies and kids! Is Mike sending out virtual cigars?

We were exhausted when we got back from Portland last night. However, we now have more groceries in this little motorhome than we'd ever had. It might have something to do with the two teenagers we brought back from us. Justin commented that he felt like he found a treasure trove in our refrigerator. Amazing how food can appear and then disappear just as quickly.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Wow, how exciting!! All that waiting by the river worked out! "Grandma & Grandpa, kind of has a ring to it. :lol: Give Sarah a hug for us.

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I'm surprised Julie hasn't tried to pull my virtual hair out for calling her Granny. But she's a nice Granny. I haven't accomplished much of anything today. I took my walk this morning then came back and planed one side of two different pieces of cottonwood bark and tacked (lightly glued) them together to make one large piece that I can carve the exterior then pull them apart and hollow out the inside then glue them back together permenently. Then I took a short Steve and sat here and wondered why my laundry still isn't getting done.