Classes of 2008 and 2009

Ok, think I've got the BAAD WHISKEY situation under control, but then you threw in the Crab thing. With Jeri, Terry, Jerry and Janice all talking about coming up here and STEALING the Crab................Maybe you want to put Bessie Bus into Warp Drive to get here and protect things. :lol:

Joe

And how many hookups did you say you have? Your Canadian friends may be joining you. I do get a couple of four days in a row off. Doug has wanderlust something awful.....he too is working. Would love to see all of you guys.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cranked up the 2008 Model T and headed out this morning planning to go down thru Wisconsin. When I got into Duluth at the I-535 ramp off I-35 to go across the bridge I tried to get into the right lane to take the exit. Some gal in a passenger car was running along beside me on the right side. I'd slow down and so would she, I finally squeezed her a little then backed off and it got her mad. She shot past me and I pulled in behind her. Then she slamed on the breaks. I darn near flattened her out but she hit the gas again and took off. When I got to the ramp they had it blocked off with construction and the lane ended. So I had to get back in the only lane left which was the I-35 lane. By this time I'm about to boil over. (Me not the truck) I could have taken the next exit and gone back north to try it from the other direction but I just poured the coal to it and headed down I-35 then took MN 23 down to Sioux Falls, SD. That's the way I went up there. I had planed three over night stays going down through Wisconsin but as hot as I was under the collar I just kept driving till I got to Mitchell, SD. I burned about $260 worth of gas today. I guess I'll stay here a couple of days to make things even out. I'll call all my mail places and have them send the mail to America's Mail Box and pick it up when I get there. It's a good thing I wasn't using Steve's Flux Capacitor or I might have over shot the Left Coast and ended up out in the middle of the Pacific.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Wow Lee, I can't believe she did that to you. How inconsiderate and rude can somebody be. And then to not be able to exit. I would have been beyond frustrated also but I'm not sure I would have made it all the way to Mitchell. I'd probably have to pull over and cry. Glad you're safe and resting up.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

You're right. Some people are just plain dangerous and shouldn't be on the road. She obviously had no idea how close she came to getting hit. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for you, IYQ. :rolleyes:

Toni - Let us know your schedule. We might be able to make one of the next months into a 40-day month and try to visit. So far, family seems to have the first 30 days of each month already spoken for!! :D:D Well, you know I'm embellishing a bit.

We spent most of the day at the beach listening to the sound of the waves. You know those waves are really, really loud. It was so gorgeous and with all the holiday people gone we had most of the morning on the beach with just us. It was nice. Tomorrow we're heading into Portland. Next week we pick up the boat and Jordan for a week (perhaps) and Justin for about two weeks. Don't know what we'd do if we weren't so busy.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Things are a lot calmer here in Mitchell except for the gnats. They are trying to eat me up. I think I'll go on to Rapid City tomorrow and check on my mail. then make a loop up into ND and MT for a couple of weeks and come back to Rapid City and check mail again. In that time I'll decide if I want to head for the NM mountains or over to the WA and OR mountains and come back through NV and AZ. I know one thing. I'm heading for the high ground somewhere, this heat and humitity is getting to me. Especially the Humidity. Right now I'm inclined to head for northern New Mexico and that good old 12 percent humidity where all that I have to worry about is nose bleeds from my nose drying out. I don't like this sitting inside with the AC blasting away just to dry out and get away from the bugs. Deet don't seem to faze these gnats and with the wind a fogger isn't ineffective.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

And how many hookups did you say you have? Your Canadian friends may be joining you. I do get a couple of four days in a row off. Doug has wanderlust something awful.....he too is working. Would love to see all of you guys.

Toni

Toni,

I have 3-30 amp plugins, however there is room for an additional couple of rigs to boondock. Heck you don't have to wait for everyone else, come on down. We'll figure out something to do. :)

Busy day today, started out with the weekly Coffee gathering where we settled ALL of the worlds problems. Then helped the neighbor bottle a batch of Cranberry juice. Had to make a trip to Home Cheapo, they had 3/4 inch sanded both sides plywood on sale. Got enough to finish the Cranberry Juice Room in the shop. Then got the Smoker cleaned up for doing another batch of Smoked Salmon tomorrow, started another batch of Cranberry Juice and am finally sitting done with a glass of Cranberry Juice to finish off the day. Hope everyone else had a GREAT day. Today was another of those days that make the PNW such a FANTASTIC place to be. Oh for all you folks from somewhere else, IT RAINED ALL DAY. :lol:

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Toni,

I have 3-30 amp plugins, however there is room for an additional couple of rigs to boondock. Heck you don't have to wait for everyone else, come on down. We'll figure out something to do. :)

Busy day today, started out with the weekly Coffee gathering where we settled ALL of the worlds problems. Then helped the neighbor bottle a batch of Cranberry juice. Had to make a trip to Home Cheapo, they had 3/4 inch sanded both sides plywood on sale. Got enough to finish the Cranberry Juice Room in the shop. Then got the Smoker cleaned up for doing another batch of Smoked Salmon tomorrow, started another batch of Cranberry Juice and am finally sitting done with a glass of Cranberry Juice to finish off the day. Hope everyone else had a GREAT day. Today was another of those days that make the PNW such a FANTASTIC place to be. Oh for all you folks from somewhere else, IT RAINED ALL DAY. :lol:

Joe

HAHAHA ... it didn't rain all day. It was gorgeous! We drove inland to Portland today and after being on the coast, it seemed hot at mid-80's. Seaside was a perfect mid-70's. However, must admit it was a little bit breezy. No need to head to the mountains in Washington. Just head to the coast or one of the islands ...

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

HAHAHA ... it didn't rain all day. It was gorgeous! We drove inland to Portland today and after being on the coast, it seemed hot at mid-80's. Seaside was a perfect mid-70's. However, must admit it was a little bit breezy. No need to head to the mountains in Washington. Just head to the coast or one of the islands ...

Jeri, Jeri, Jeri, don't you remember what we are supposed to tell folks about it raining ALL THE TIME here. :P Ok, I'll head for one of the islands........HMMMMMM I'm already on an Island, oh well you all have a GREAT day.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri, Jeri, Jeri, don't you remember what we are supposed to tell folks about it raining ALL THE TIME here. :P Ok, I'll head for one of the islands........HMMMMMM I'm already on an Island, oh well you all have a GREAT day.

Joe

Silly me! You're right, Joe. Actually, it is raining real hard here .... really, really hard. We just got out the raft so we could float the motorhome if we need to. :D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I just pulled into the America's Mail Box Campground in Box Elder, SD (Rapid City for you old timers) The construction here seems to have stopped but it's still a mess. The drives the contractor put in are already messed up with where large heavy rigs sunk in. All the construction equipment is gone but there are still piles of dirt and such here and there. It they consider this finished they should have the book thrown at them. My mail hasn't had time to get here yet so tomorrow I'll pull on down to Custer and stay in Custer St Park if I can get a site or go on into town and get a commercials spot. Then next week I'll drive back up here with just the truck and get my mail. That will give me time to figure out where I want to go next. After all the bugs and mosquitoes in Mitchell I scratched all night and am still scratching. I've got a good notion to head for the New Mexico Mountains and hole up till winter. I'll bet I didn't sleep over 2 hours last night from the itching. Now that I haven't got anywhere to go and nothing to do when I get there I don't know what to do with my time. I guess I'll just be stuck with playing with cowgirls.

Ya wanta be carefull where you go in New Mexico. That fire near Los Alamos is still burning north. Over 200 miles consumed. It's got to be generating a lot of smoke. But there is a little rain in that area so it may be knocking that smoke down.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Silly me! You're right, Joe. Actually, it is raining real hard here .... really, really hard. We just got out the raft so we could float the motorhome if we need to. :D

Yep, same here. :o Finished part of my water project today and also smoked another batch of Salmon. Think maybe I'll take tomorrow off and just sit here watching the Liquid Sunshine. :D

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We're still sitting in Billings waiting for the leaf spring to show up. Supposed to be here today but I'll believe it when it actually happens. Jim went fishing yesterday. For trout this time. They caught 12 nice ones and threw back several along with the ones that released themselves. So it was a great catching day.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We're still sitting in Billings waiting for the leaf spring to show up. Supposed to be here today but I'll believe it when it actually happens. Jim went fishing yesterday. For trout this time. They caught 12 nice ones and threw back several along with the ones that released themselves. So it was a great catching day.

Now he'll want to go back to see if he can beat the last record! Hope you get that spring taken care of soon. Winter is coming and Montana gets a lot of snow!! :rolleyes:

Lee --- Haven't seen any of those bugs here. We don't want to either. Of course, since they like it hot during the day and cool at night, they probably wouldn't want to come here. It's not hot during the day. B)

Hyders - I know the class map is still lying. You're not in Wyoming. :unsure:

We're still at the beach and will be for a little while. Not sure where we'll head next but maybe a hundred miles or so north. I'm thinking much more than that and we'd have to put floats under the wheels.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We've been sitting in Carol's sisters front yard. Looks like today I'll have to break down and find a dump station. There is an Elks club a few blocks from here, and although they don't have hookups, they mentioned a nearby dump station so I'm going to go check it out. It must be a nice club as they have an indoor pool, weight room, and other things. Only real problem staying here is the trees. Nice shade, but no internet or TV satellite. Weather has been nice, 60's at night, and 80 - 90 in the daytime. Good old Wisconsin "fish fry" tonight, so perch look out. Trout or salmon would be good too... :lol: We will probably be here another week before starting to head West... Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee --- Haven't seen any of those bugs here. We don't want to either. Of course, since they like it hot during the day and cool at night, they probably wouldn't want to come here. It's not hot during the day. B)

The last time I was in that area the earwigs ate all the rest of the bugs and drank up all my cranberry juice. I went to Junior High at Clover Park High School just south of Tacoma, WN The Earwigs ate the school too.

Change #14863. I've about decided to go south from here. (Rapid City) I want to Visit Pie Town, NM in late August. Many of my friends from the Slabs stay there in the summer. It's pretty high ground and there is a Free county park there that has no time restrictions. I also like the area just west of there in Alpine, AZ. I want to go there and see what the big fire did to the areas I like the best. I think they escaped un-harmed but I don't know for sure. I especially like the area around Luna Lake. Very high altitude and lots of Elk running around. Bear too but they can leave without bothering me if they like.

Dave C.-- Do you know if that Los Alamos fire is North or south of town and which way is it burning (Southwest to Northeast I presume) I want to know what areas might be in the smoke plume. Did you get you plumbing all done?

The last time I was in that area the earwigs ate all the rest of the bugs and drank up all my cranberry juice. I went to Junior High at Clover Park High School just south of Tacoma, WN The Earwigs ate the school too.

Change #14863. I've about decided to go south from here. (Rapid City) I want to Visit Pie Town, NM in late August. Many of my friends from the Slabs stay there in the summer. It's pretty high ground and there is a Free county park there that has no time restrictions. I also like the area just west of there in Alpine, AZ. I want to go there and see what the big fire did to the areas I like the best. I think they escaped un-harmed but I don't know for sure. I especially like the area around Luna Lake. Very high altitude and lots of Elk running around. Bear too but they can leave without bothering me if they like.

Dave C.-- Do you know if that Los Alamos fire is North or south of town and which way is it burning (Southwest to Northeast I presume) I want to know what areas might be in the smoke plume. Did you get you plumbing all done?

Very familiar with Tacoma and it's not my cup of tea either. We're on the coast so don't have the earwig problem either. It's much cooler and the wind blows more off the ocean but the skies are blue and it sure beats the stories everyone else has been telling about hot weather and tornadoes. Jerry and Janice are flying this way. I hope they have a jacket with them because the forecast is about to change! :lol:

Isn't it great that we get to change our minds? I still get a chuckle out of Loralie. She said I was the Queen of Flexibility and she was the Master of Scheduling. Maybe we need to learn a thing or two from each other .... or, maybe not.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

July 8 & 9 we are at Maumelle Corps of Eng Park on the AK River just west of Little Rock, AK. Pretty quite and several available sites for a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer. Guess folks think it is just too hot (94+). Well, we are off for dinner at Whole Hog BBQ after watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on TV! Umm. I love BBQ but I can feel the heartburn coming just thinking about it!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

July 8 & 9 we are at Maumelle Corps of Eng Park on the AK River just west of Little Rock, AK. Pretty quite and several available sites for a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer. Guess folks think it is just too hot (94+). Well, we are off for dinner at Whole Hog BBQ after watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on TV! Umm. I love BBQ but I can feel the heartburn coming just thinking about it!

Carol

Hi Carol

We never met but we are 08-09 members too! We just left Maumelle on Thursday, July 7. Just missed you! Check out Larry's Pizza Buffet too. The park was full for the July 4th weekend. We really enjoyed the park. Great bike trails near-by and great hiking in Pinnacle SP next door. Sorry we missed you! Enjoy the Park :P

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

From what I've seen on TV the fire started south of the town and lab. The fire people were able to get it to pass to the west. But it's still running north into Indian Lands. As far as the smoke, the weather folk are suggesting the monsoonal flow from SW to NE is supposed to be the more previlant direction for a while.

Don't be worried about the bears. Take someone along that's slower than you!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Paul and Marsha, sorry, too, that we just missed you! The park is really nice. The BBQ was soooo....good! They have about 8 restaurants in AK and won "best ribs" in Memphis in 08. We may hit the one in North Little Rock tomorrow as we hit some of the local attractions. Then we move on to Russellville to explore the Ozarks some more. Then iit is North by way of Van Buren and Bentonville. May have to stop in Bentonville and visit the Wal-mart headquarters and check on our investments (all the $$ we have spent at Wal-marts)!! Is there a prize for the most visited Wal-marts? Maybe next trip we can do more hiking. I really want to return to the area fall of 2012 as we head back to Va. Beach, VA to see family.

Which direction are you headed?

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Paul and Marsha, sorry, too, that we just missed you! The park is really nice. The BBQ was soooo....good! They have about 8 restaurants in AK and won "best ribs" in Memphis in 08. We may hit the one in North Little Rock tomorrow as we hit some of the local attractions. Then we move on to Russellville to explore the Ozarks some more. Then iit is North by way of Van Buren and Bentonville. May have to stop in Bentonville and visit the Wal-mart headquarters and check on our investments (all the $$ we have spent at Wal-marts)!! Is there a prize for the most visited Wal-marts? Maybe next trip we can do more hiking. I really want to return to the area fall of 2012 as we head back to Va. Beach, VA to see family.

Which direction are you headed?

Carol

We are in Red Bay, AL getting some maintenance issues taken care of at the Tiffin factory. From here we will head to Ohio to visit Marsha's family in early August. After Ohio it's on to..........don't know yet????? :D

Have a safe trip....hope to see you down the road!

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

I got my campground books out this morning and started looking for campgrounds that are a little different to break up the monotony. I found one on the Colorado, Wyoming state line called Terry Bison Ranch. From their web page they have a little of everything there. I think I'll stop there and splurge for a week or so. Maybe I'll get my laundry done finally. They have train rides through the Bison Herd, Trail rides on Horse back. Private pond fishing, A top notch restaurant (so are the prices) and a few other things I've forgot about already. I probably won't take part in any of the activities except the restaurant but I do enjoy watching others enjoy themselves. I'll stock up before I leave hear so I have plenty of food on hand and be able to stay out of that restaurant a little bit. Buffalo Burger's anyone? Of course I may change my mind about 16 times before I get there too. 92 yesterday but a 20 mph breeze made it bearable. It looks like more of the same for today. I may drive down to Custer St Park to get used to the Buffalo. The last time I was there, I got stuck in a herd walking down the center of the highway for over an hour. I opened the window to Photograph and pet them on the way by.

Buffalo is one thing we don't have here. A bunch of cows and a horse or two, but no buffalo. I went out this morning and hauled a couple of hundred gal. of water for a neighbor. My "NEW" pump works like a dream. It's rigged to pick up power from the trailer plug on the truck. What a sweet deal. Set it up on the tailgate and read a book!

The weather folk are all excited. They think the monsoon season is almost upon us. I certainly hope so. The neighbor said that 20 years ago the grass here was knee high. Today as IYQ can confirm, it won't make it to the top of your shoes. She hopes the weather is in a 20 year cycle and that the tall grasses will return. So do I. I'd really like to see that.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751