Classes of 2008 and 2009

Here it is the one'th of July already. So I've got to start planning my trip back west. I was going to go down through Wisconsin and stop by my sisters old house and see if any of her brood is still around that area but I decided that would take me into the hottest part of the nation going back to NM. So I think I'll head back through ND, MT and might even hit ID and WA. Then stay inland and go down through OR, NV into AZ and back to NM. Now If I could just make alphabet soup out of all those state abreviations I wouldn't have to fix lunch.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee, if you come through MT in August you had better let us know where you are so we can track you down. Hopefully, our broken spring will be fixed by then. I sent Jim fishing today. It's been a really frustrating week and he needed to relax. Don't even care if he catches anything.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Here it is the one'th of July already. So I've got to start planning my trip back west. I was going to go down through Wisconsin and stop by my sisters old house and see if any of her brood is still around that area but I decided that would take me into the hottest part of the nation going back to NM. So I think I'll head back through ND, MT and might even hit ID and WA. Then stay inland and go down through OR, NV into AZ and back to NM. Now If I could just make alphabet soup out of all those state abreviations I wouldn't have to fix lunch.

Hey there! Bet you're glad you're not in a MN State Park! Just heard that the State and parks are Closed for business as of today! Wow....I think I'd be glad you have wheels on your house and you can leave them to their Government mess. Whatever route you take...be safe and take care in the heat. We are going across the hottest part in the hottest time. I just want to get these states done so I don't have to do it again! At least not in the summer! Our A/Cs are really getting a workout!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Jeri, so sorry about the son, ouch, that doesn't even sound good.

We are parked in carol's sister's front yard.

So, when are you going to be in Washington in your other relative's front yard. And, where else are you heading in that area?

.... I'll head back through ND, MT and might even hit ID and WA. Then stay inland and go down through OR, NV into AZ and back to NM.

Kinda the same question to you. When and where are you going to be in Washington / Oregon?

We haven't decided whether we'll be around or not but thought I'd ask.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Looks like we will be here for a couple of weeks and then head west. Carol has never been to Rushmore, so we will drift through there on our way to Seattle. We need to be there by the 15th of August, so that's all I can tell you. Jello plans to follow. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I had 770am radio on last night and just as I was falling asleep,I heard something about California had passed a budget. The commentator said they were going to close 7 or 70 state parks due to cost? I guess my mind was wandering. Any body else hear about this?

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I had 770am radio on last night and just as I was falling asleep,I heard something about California had passed a budget. The commentator said they were going to close 7 or 70 state parks due to cost? I guess my mind was wandering. Any body else hear about this?

Hey Dave - it's 70 state parks which is 25% of the state parks in California. Dumb idea.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hey Dave - it's 70 state parks which is 25% of the state parks in California. Dumb idea.

It's too bad they can't "outsource" those parks to private industry. The rates would go down and the parks would stay open ... perhaps. :rolleyes:

Absolutely a gorgeous day at the beach today. The problem is it's going to be overrun with weekenders celebrating the holiday.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

JERI: I don't know that I'll be in Washington for sure I'm just stiring the jello and thinking what is possible. I've already changed plans a little. Now I'm thinking about going down through Wisconsin then turning west on Hwy 60 and run over to I-35 back in MN then take I-90 back to Rapid City, SD. I would then stay in that area long enough to get all my mail and to put this trailer back together after all these rough MN roads. Then make up my mind from there to maybe go up to Roosevelt NP in ND then over into Montana to take in Glacier NP and from there into ID, WN. OR, NV, AZ and NM staying in the highter eleveations on the way except for NV which is a little hard to find high elevetions in.

I'll drop in on everyone near my route and drink up all their cranberry juice and eat up all their spaghetti.

I bought a MN parks pass when I stayed at that MN park on the way up here and now all the parks are closed. I should take it to court and demand a refund. However we are not missing much to have MN parks close they are lousy. If they lowered their price to where Minnesotans could afford to use the parks they would earn enough to keep them open. They soak you $28 bucks to stay in a lousy park.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It's too bad they can't "outsource" those parks to private industry. The rates would go down and the parks would stay open ... perhaps. :rolleyes:

Absolutely a gorgeous day at the beach today. The problem is it's going to be overrun with weekenders celebrating the holiday.

Jeri -

They outsource them here in Canada, at least in BC. The park I am working in is "owned by a couple" who have seven parks. This one runs really well. We get lots of compliments.

Steve and Carol - hmmm Jello might include BC?

Hugs.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I'll drop in on everyone near my route and drink up all their cranberry juice and eat up all their spaghetti.

Hope to see you as you head west again. Janice has carved a few wood spirits and needs to show you her work and get her second lesson from you.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Jeri -

They outsource them here in Canada, at least in BC. The park I am working in is "owned by a couple" who have seven parks. This one runs really well. We get lots of compliments.

Hugs.

Toni

It just seems that the state parks are so much more expensive than most of the private parks. Outsourcing would certainly bring the price down and keep the parks open. At least that's my opinion even though it's not worth much. :rolleyes:

JERI: I don't know that I'll be in Washington for sure I'm just stiring the jello and thinking what is possible. If they lowered their price to where Minnesotans could afford to use the parks they would earn enough to keep them open. They soak you $28 bucks to stay in a lousy park.

We've often thought if they lowered the price a tad too that the parks would be overflowing. It's kind of like the rides at a circus. The prices are so high to ride that they are usually empty.

You know I don't have a clue about "jello". Everything we do is written in stone (or was that chalk?) !! :D :D

Hope to see you as you head west again. Janice has carved a few wood spirits and needs to show you her work and get her second lesson from you.

Jerry

"As you head west"? I'm beginning to think we'll be south by the time you arrive west. :lol::lol:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

It just seems that the state parks are so much more expensive than most of the private parks. Outsourcing would certainly bring the price down and keep the parks open.

If state parks would just keep their campgrounds and get rid of all those high maintenance items like historic sites, trails, and waterways they might be able to get their prices down to the levels of private RVParks. ;)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

JERI: You know I don't have a clue about "jello". Everything we do is written in stone (or was that chalk?) !! :D :D

JANICE: Janice has carved a few wood spirits and needs to show you her work and get her second lesson from you.

Jerry

JERI: Chalk is stone just well chewed.

JANICE: Better watch out with lessons from me my second lesson is usually "How to carve FINGERS 101."

It's funny how it works. On the 5 o'clock news today the weatherman said that the changes in the atmosphere were indicating that the "monsoon" season should be starting soon.

At 5:15 the wind began to blow and by 5:30 it was starting to rain. It's been raining for a couple of hours now and it looks like it might stay a while. We need a lot of rain. New Mexico has had the worst drought in over 100 years. I hope this spreads over western Texas and Oklahoma. They need it too.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

HAHAHA ... today is the first day of crab season. And, there you were already out celebrating. (It's crab season, Joe, not crap season.) :D :D You're pretty safe since we probably won't be out crabbing for another week or so but then, look out! :D:D

Well I think I have reason to celebrate, limited out all 4 days of this opening. :o Now I just have to get all the meat outta them and get it frozen for later use. Oh then head back out again next Thursday and see if'n I can entice a few more to join me for dinner. :lol:

Steve, I had a group of folks over yesterday and they found the BAAAAD WHISKEY. B) Course they also ended up laying waste to about 11 racks of Baby Back Ribs. :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Happy 4th everybody. Hope you all have a really great day and stay safe. No playing with fireworks.

It's a holiday so we thought we'd take the day off. This little beachie town is packed with people and we don't want to tangle with them. We'll only be here at the coast a few more days. The summer is flying by so fast and we have a lot of other things on our agenda. I just looked at my trusty little weatherman I keep in my phone and he says gorgeous sunny days with no rain for the next 6 days. We know he's always right. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Well I think I have reason to celebrate, limited out all 4 days of this opening. :o Now I just have to get all the meat outta them and get it frozen for later use. Oh then head back out again next Thursday and see if'n I can entice a few more to join me for dinner. :lol:

Steve, I had a group of folks over yesterday and they found the BAAAAD WHISKEY. B) Course they also ended up laying waste to about 11 racks of Baby Back Ribs. :D

Joe

Get a baseball bat, an stand guard over that whiskey!! :angry: My nephew was over by Whidby and limited out too! Hope someone has some left by the time we get over there. :lol:

We saw a geat fireworks show in downtown Milwaukee last night. It seemed to go on forever. Fun getting out of town after though :o Quiet day today, but a big bbq this evening put on by one of carol's neices. I'm ready! :D:D

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Happy 4th everybody. Hope you all have a really great day and stay safe. No playing with fireworks.

It's always fun until someone loses an eye :rolleyes:

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Happy 4th to everybody also. Here, it is illegal to have fireworks in the entire Tahoe Basin area, which makes it a quiet and different 4th. Our park is full but w/ no fireworks, it is a quiet I have never experienced before. And I like it. I was bad as a kid w/ firecrackers and wish that on no one.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

If I can't play with fireworks I guess I'll have to refraim from playing with Jeri. LOL However she never blows a finger off it's always my head she's aiming at.

My GG Niece flew back to Columbia, SC this after noon and I'm leaving in the morning. Right now I plan on going south through western Wisconsin and crossing the river at Red Wing, MN then taking I-35 down to I-90 and go west from there. How many times I change my mind on the way is anyones guess. I got to keep the jello stired up you know. I've got to get somewhere to do laundry and clean up and to get my mail but I'm thinking I may want to head across the plains rather fast to get back in the high altitude and dry air. This humidity is killing me. Today was a scorcher. 88 and high humidity. I sat by the fan most of the day.

Get a baseball bat, an stand guard over that whiskey!! :angry: My nephew was over by Whidby and limited out too! Hope someone has some left by the time we get over there. :lol:

We saw a geat fireworks show in downtown Milwaukee last night. It seemed to go on forever. Fun getting out of town after though :o Quiet day today, but a big bbq this evening put on by one of carol's neices. I'm ready! :D:D

Ok, think I've got the BAAD WHISKEY situation under control, but then you threw in the Crab thing. With Jeri, Terry, Jerry and Janice all talking about coming up here and STEALING the Crab................Maybe you want to put Bessie Bus into Warp Drive to get here and protect things. :lol:

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Hmmmm, dust off flux capacitor, rewire warp drive interface, boil dilithium crystals.....don't know if the engines can take the strain, maybe divert through a black hole.....ok then recalculate, direct wave energy to main drive. Too much work, have to take a "Steve" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS: I'm on it Joe :lol:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hmmmm, dust off flux capacitor, rewire warp drive interface, boil dilithium crystals.....don't know if the engines can take the strain, maybe divert through a black hole.....ok then recalculate, direct wave energy to main drive. Too much work, have to take a "Steve" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS: I'm on it Joe :lol:

HMMMMMM just reading all that made me tired. ;) Gonna have to finish picking the crab today, then onward and upward to getting the water hooked up to the shop.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota