Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well, we're in the perfect spot at Seaside. However, our son spent last night at the emergency room. Evidently he ruptured the tendon that connects the heel to the calf of his leg while playing volleyball. Ouch! Now we're trying to decide whether we should just head inland and hang it up for the coast this year. We'll probably make a trip to Portland today and then a decision about moving ourselves after he talks to the surgeon. I guess I don't need to say what a fun time we've had this year with all the doctors and such.

Sorry to hear about your son. That is a painful and slow healing injury. Hopefully they will get him fixed up and on the road to recovery quickly.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm beginning to feel like Steve when he sat forever in OK and Jeri when she sat forever in the Phoenix area. We may never get out of Billings. We got the service work done, got the fridge working, took the rig in for the alignment today and they found a broken right rear spring. So now we have to try and get another appointment with the Workhorse people (so it will be covered under warranty) that we don't care for and who knows when we'll get the appointment. So here we sit. And you know how much I like sitting. Back to cleaning out cupboards.

So sorry! I felt your pain. We were waiting on Gen. repairs in Central Georgia...I gave them two whole weeks and I ended up going after the parts 100 miles...because I darn sure didn't want to wait for the UPS slow boat! It's frustrating, I hope they get ya repaired soon...and the warranty issue just makes it worse! We had to play with Continued Service Plan...and they disallowed lots of hours of labor and diagnostics so we paid out the nose. This summer is trying my resolve to continue with this lifestyle, at least the part of seeing the U.S. state by state. I also ended up sick this week with the crud and sitting outside of Nashville not doing anything doesn't help. I'm just ready to go somewhere cooler and start over at a later time, but oh wait...family doings calls us home in August, so we won't have freedom then either. Hope you have a relaxing 4th weekend.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hi all

This once a week internet is tough. I can't keep up.

We are steal in Wy. We are enjoying the camp host job. Mow the weeds and visit. It is tough, but some one must do it. there is only 16 sites. 8 full sites was our buisy night. The wind blows here a lot. The Tetons have snow on them and the Green river is running full. Yesterday am there was frost on the tables and the afternoon got up to 80*.

I hope all travels go good. Everyone stay out of Dr. office (people and rv)

later Pa and D

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Hi Friends

Just thought I should check in. No time to make a blog. Working a lot of ours.

Our son is in a pretty rough emotional state. Not fun at all. We can't get down there to prop him up once again as we are both working to pay the bills, his and ours.

Miss you all lots.

Hugs.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well I took the tour of the big megopolis of Two Harbours this morning and got some LP gas and stopped at their super market. They have a nice big Supermarket. Now that I'm back on the farm it dawned on me that I didn't get gasoline while I was there so now I have an excuse to go back again. The weather has been nice since I got here. I'm a little afraid to mention that but mid 70's and sunshine isn't too bad for day time temperatures and the night are in the upper 50's and lower 60's. The humidity is a little hard to take after staying in the desert all winter but I guess I can stand that for a week or so. You guys stop feeding those Doctors and RV repair shops. The more they get the more they want. Next thing you know the'll be knocking on my door.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well I took the tour of the big megopolis of Two Harbours this morning and got some LP gas and stopped at their super market. They have a nice big Supermarket. Now that I'm back on the farm it dawned on me that I didn't get gasoline while I was there so now I have an excuse to go back again. The weather has been nice since I got here. I'm a little afraid to mention that but mid 70's and sunshine isn't too bad for day time temperatures and the night are in the upper 50's and lower 60's. The humidity is a little hard to take after staying in the desert all winter but I guess I can stand that for a week or so. You guys stop feeding those Doctors and RV repair shops. The more they get the more they want. Next thing you know the'll be knocking on my door.

Well, it's a good thing that some of us are having a good time with great weather! I'm hopeful that we're done with Repairs now and so far no docs for us! We really aren't doin too bad yet...it got up to 84 today. The humidity is just not good tho....We'll be movin on west tomorrow and visiting a Bird Dog Museum in the very Southwest corner of Tennessee. We will undoubtedly get in on the higher temps the farther west we go. I yearn for 70s and no humidity! Everybody enjoy and have a Happy 4th weekend. I hope I get well enough to enjoy some of it!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We're looking to replace our Wilson amplifier. It's not that it doesn't work great. It does a fantastic job. However, I think we want to go wireless where the amplifier will work on more than one item at a time. Currently we have to connect it with the cable to one aircard. I'm thinking a wireless one would work for the 2 aircards and 2 cellphones. There are several different kinds so want to find something that will actually work as good as the present one we have only on all units. Anyone have a wireless amplifier that works for all cell signals?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jeri - so sorry about your son. I ruptured my achilles tendon but I also broke my ankle at the same time. So he's going to be on crutches for quite awhile. But tell him the most important thing he can do is to completely stay off that foot and let it heal. I still have a few problems but not near as many as some people.

No news yet on when they're going to get the spring or when they might get us in. Sure hope the neighbors don't get tired of us being in the drive way. Getting a lot of cleaning out done. Sorry Dave - I'm going to just be plumb wore out before we get down your way. Maybe you can train Millie. We aren't having any luck with our girls.

Miss Kay - hope you get out of there and into cooler weather soon.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We're looking to replace our Wilson amplifier. It's not that it doesn't work great. It does a fantastic job. However, I think we want to go wireless where the amplifier will work on more than one item at a time. Currently we have to connect it with the cable to one aircard. I'm thinking a wireless one would work for the 2 aircards and 2 cellphones. There are several different kinds so want to find something that will actually work as good as the present one we have only on all units. Anyone have a wireless amplifier that works for all cell signals?

Jeri, I have a trucker antenna hooked to a Wilson SOHO amplifier and that amplifier is hooked to a Wilson SOHO antenna inside the trailer which rebroadcast the signal from the trucker antenna and picks up the signal from any phones or air cards in the trailer. I run my computer on the air card and use the phone at the same time. I don't have to hook up anything when I want to call or use the computer with the air card. you could use any amount of devices all at the same time because the amplifier is just working as a repeater amplifying the signal coming in and the phone signal going out all at the same time. The only drawback is the inside antenna must be at least 20 feet from the outside antenna. That limits where you can have the inside antenna mounted and the closer it is to your work area the better.

P.S. My Wilson amplifier decided to start working again. Water must have gotten into a cable connector then finally dried out again.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well, one advantage of staying parked all summer, our RV has no chance to break down. No don't tell me it has appliances that could.

Dave has the first of his doctor appointments next week but I haven't even scheduled mine yet. Suppose I should do that sometime soon? I'm putting off my physical until I lose as much weight as I think I can in hopes of getting some good lab reports.

We went to a group dinner with friends of friends tonight and had a wonderful time. One couple is thinking about buying a 45' live-aboard boat and a woman is trying to persuade her husband they should sell the house they raised their kids in and buy a 5th wheel. So we were the "experts" for a change and got to give lots of tips and tricks about being homeless.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Terry dragged her outta here before the Salmon was done. :P And Steve is dodging hi water, so I'm thinkin both the Salmon and the BAAAAD Whiskey are safe. :rolleyes: Now the Cranberry Juice could pose a problem, THEY told me you guys were headed this way also. :blink:

Joe

We are in Jackson Hole, Wy and still heading North and then we will head west. May go to Glacier and then head your way or may just go to the coast, plans are in jello. We do plan on going to see you and Jeri within 30 days.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Well, we're in the perfect spot at Seaside. However, our son spent last night at the emergency room. Evidently he ruptured the tendon that connects the heel to the calf of his leg while playing volleyball. Ouch! Now we're trying to decide whether we should just head inland and hang it up for the coast this year. We'll probably make a trip to Portland today and then a decision about moving ourselves after he talks to the surgeon. I guess I don't need to say what a fun time we've had this year with all the doctors and such.

Sorry about your bad luck, hope his injury is minor.

We are in Jackson Hole, Wy and still heading North and then we will head west. May go to Glacier and then head your way or may just go to the coast, plans are in jello. We do plan on going to see you and Jeri within 30 days.

Jerry

Right on, I think I can prolly find a place to hide ALL the Cranberry Juice by then. :unsure: Heck I might even have the water hooked up to the shop by the time you get here. :o Travel Safe.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jerry

Hmm Hmmm Within 30 days? What in case you can't find us? We probably will scrap those reservations I sent you because the latter part of the month was based on our son spending some of his vacation at the coast with us. However, now that he's having surgery and can't drive to the coast, that won't happen. We will probably run back and pick up the boat next week. We had the new top put on but once we did, then we realized we also wanted the back cover done too. It's supposed to be finished this week. Let us know when you get close .............. :D :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

The owner mowed the pasture back as far as the pond so we all took a walk back there to see what it looked like. We saw a deer and found the trail that goes to the rock quary. While we were back there all 7 horses decided they would come out and join us. At first my GG niece was scared to death of them and kept hiding behind me. She finally soften up to them and reached around me to pet one on the nose. Then she stepped up beside me but when all of the came over to be petted she got behind me again. She is doing a lot better now and isn't too much afraid of them. I had fun teasing her and I got a lot of exercise walking around the pond and the length of the pasture. We had a nice dinner of 2 inch thick pork chops in sourkrout that was first browned in the frying pan then baked with the pork chops. Boy was it good and just as tender as it could be. With meals like that it is going to be hard to leave here.

Right on, I think I can prolly find a place to hide ALL the Cranberry Juice by then. :unsure: Heck I might even have the water hooked up to the shop by the time you get here. :o Travel Safe.

Joe

Water is kinda important for the hot tub you are putting in, right!! Have a happy 4th,

Hmm Hmmm Within 30 days? What in case you can't find us? Let us know when you get close .............. :D :D

Make sure the boat is running good. Now that you have checked all Joe's good crabing and fishing spots, we can sneak in and catch them while he is hiding the cranberry juice,.

Make sure the boat is running good. Now that you have checked all Joe's good crabing and fishing spots, we can sneak in and catch them while he is hiding the cranberry juice,.

Are you kidding? Joe didn't show us squat! He hid the crab and doesn't fish. Or, he was just spoofing us. However, he certainly has quite a supply of cranberry juice!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Water is kinda important for the hot tub you are putting in, right!! Have a happy 4th,

HMMMMM hadn't really planned on putting in a tub, was just going with a shower. :P You folks have a Happy 4th also. Now I've got to get out and drop the Crab Pots in before Jeri and Terry get them all. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

HMMMMM hadn't really planned on putting in a tub, was just going with a shower. :P You folks have a Happy 4th also. Now I've got to get out and drop the Crab Pots in before Jeri and Terry get them all. :lol:

Joe

HAHAHA ... today is the first day of crab season. And, there you were already out celebrating. (It's crab season, Joe, not crap season.) :D :D You're pretty safe since we probably won't be out crabbing for another week or so but then, look out! :D:D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Jeri,

sorry to hear about your son. that type of injury is not easy to deal with- takes a long time to heal :(

we are sitting in Muskegon MI, all hopes of picking up our Mobile Suite this week are dashed. there was a problem with the paint and they need to re-do some of it. Oh well, we head to Cherry Festival in Traverse City on Sunday for a week. We'll pick it up when we get done with that.

Meantime the weather has turned to crap. thunderstorms since yesterday afternoon and they are still going!! Very strange. Poor kids can't get in the pool at the resort we're in because about every 15 minutes the sky lights up.

At least its not as bad as across the lake in Chicago where they have had 80 mph winds and golf ball sized hail. I'll take the thunder!

I guess we're going bike shopping instead of bike riding today.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Jeri, so sorry about the son, ouch, that doesn't even sound good.

We are parked in carol's sister's front yard. We are hooked up to 20A and have water, so we should be OK for our two week stint here. No Internet or sat TV because of the huge trees towering over us, but I managed to tag along on their WIFI signal. Going to be a hot one here today, 97 is what is forecast and the humidity is up to 75%. This is going to be the hottest day though, so if we can survive this we should be OK. I can run the generator for a while tonight to cool everything off. Got to go find a car wash and get the truck looking good again. We had to drive through a little mud over in Omaha, and it's a mess. Later Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"