Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well I'm all hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning and head for Duluth, MN.

You might want to go north first after all. Here's a quote from the current NOAA forecast:

"THUNDERSTORMS WILL REMAIN POSSIBLE SUNDAY MORNING ACROSS EAST

CENTRAL MINNESOTA AND WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN. STRONG TO SEVERE

THUNDERSTORM CHANCES WILL INCREASE AGAIN MONDAY AND TUESDAY AS A

STRONG AREA OF LOW PRESSURE TRACKS NEAR THE MINNESOTA IOWA BORDER.

TORRENTIAL RAIN WILL ALSO ACCOMPANY THE STORMS."

We drove for a few minutes through one of those torrential rains last night and it was NOT fun!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might want to go north first after all.

Linda

It will be about Tuesday befor I pass the SD / MN border. I'm thinking about using Hwy 23 that would put me in Marshall or Willmar Tuesday night. I don't go very far in one day unless I'm really in a hurry to get somewhere. I'll look into the northern route tonight. It would be about t he same distance. but a little harder to get across MN. If I go the southern route. I'll hole up in Mitchell, SD a day or two to let the storms pass. In fact I might do that anyway just to rest up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Wishing a happy Father's Day to everyone. Weather has been perfect, and scenry is beautiful here at Graham Creek. Hoping everyone has as great a day as us.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Wishing a happy Father's Day to everyone. Weather has been perfect, and scenry is beautiful here at Graham Creek. Hoping everyone has as great a day as us.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

To you too Freddy and all of you.

Our life is not so good right now but we are working on it. One foot in front of the other.

Love ya.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Tonight finds me in Michell, SD at the Famil-E-Fun RV Campground. I just cam back from Wal-Mart where is ran out of refrigerator space. I'll eat good tonight. I decided to pull on through to Mitchell to get the floods on the Missouri behind me and as long as the weather was good I might as well make some miles because they are predicting Severe weather for the next two days. I'll just wait it out here under the Oak Trees. (That's those big Green things that wave their branches at you everytime the wind blows.) I've stayed here before and kind of like the place so I'll plan on a couple of days resting right here untill the storms all pass. I just got a note from my niece and her plans are changing a bit two. Instead of going directly to Duluth from NY she is going home to Charleston, SC to check the house and then over to Columbia to pick up my Great Grand Niece then the two of them will drive up to Duluth. That means they won't get there until about the 28th or 29th.

When I crossed the Missouri it didn't look much like a flood. It looked about normal. but I guess you couldn't tell that to the people of Pierre who are living behind sand bags hoping the keep the water out. I was thinking about going the northern route on I-94 through North Dakota but they told me that Fargo was being flooded also. So right now I'm thinking about using MN 23 and go on a diagonal from Sioux Falls to just below Duluth on I-35. I'll make at least two more stops to try and time my arrival for the 29th.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Tonight finds me in Michell, SD at the Famil-E-Fun RV Campground. I just cam back from Wal-Mart where is ran out of refrigerator space. I'll eat good tonight. I decided to pull on through to Mitchell to get the floods on the Missouri behind me and as long as the weather was good I might as well make some miles because they are predicting Severe weather for the next two days. I'll just wait it out here under the Oak Trees. (That's those big Green things that wave their branches at you everytime the wind blows.) I've stayed here before and kind of like the place so I'll plan on a couple of days resting right here untill the storms all pass. I just got a note from my niece and her plans are changing a bit two. Instead of going directly to Duluth from NY she is going home to Charleston, SC to check the house and then over to Columbia to pick up my Great Grand Niece then the two of them will drive up to Duluth. That means they won't get there until about the 28th or 29th.

When I crossed the Missouri it didn't look much like a flood. It looked about normal. but I guess you couldn't tell that to the people of Pierre who are living behind sand bags hoping the keep the water out. I was thinking about going the northern route on I-94 through North Dakota but they told me that Fargo was being flooded also. So right now I'm thinking about using MN 23 and go on a diagonal from Sioux Falls to just below Duluth on I-35. I'll make at least two more stops to try and time my arrival for the 29th.

Well, what ever you decide, just be careful! Being under those trees...those big branches fall down! Hope you have a NOAA weather radio. Storms around there can be whoppers. I'm monitoring a tornado in NE. right now headed east towards the town where my house is! Or maybe was..pretty soon! At least we dodged weather here in GA. but I think it gets hot enough to pop popcorn on the sidewalks in the afternoon. Hope you and all had a very happy Father's Day. We had a big BBQ and are stuffed. Today I cooked all day starting with a big Blueberry Pancake breakfast...so tomorrow I will rest. Life is good!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well, what ever you decide, just be careful! Being under those trees...those big branches fall down! Hope you have a NOAA weather radio. Storms around there can be whoppers. I'm monitoring a tornado in NE. right now headed east towards the town where my house is! Or maybe was..pretty soon! At least we dodged weather here in GA. but I think it gets hot enough to pop popcorn on the sidewalks in the afternoon. Hope you and all had a very happy Father's Day. We had a big BBQ and are stuffed. Today I cooked all day starting with a big Blueberry Pancake breakfast...so tomorrow I will rest. Life is good!

Thanks for the concern Foofy but in this park I have no other choice. There are so many big trees that you need to carry a flash light when you go walking at noon time. It looks like I'll get some better weather about Wednesday. If so I'll move over to about Willmar, MN. The next stop after that will be in the Area of St Cloud or Elk River to get a free meal from Dave and Linda, ( I'll order the most expensive thing on the menu.) Yum. If I like the area I may stay a few days to time my arrival in Duluth on the 29th. I see there is a Nat'l Wildlife Preserve near there with a campground. I might just try that out. Maybe the rest of the visitors would like to see the wild life of this old man.

Have "REALLY" enjoyed the last several days of windy weather here in New Mexico. Between the dust and smoke there has been no breaks. But Millie has been blown clean. She's ready to take her test for her private pilot's license. She's really good at getting her nose into the wind.

Lee, our little package spent the weekend "resting" in Albuquerque and has now jumped a truck and is heading my way. It will be here this afternoon. For the life of me I can't figure out how UPS makes money on deliveries to me. It's a 40 mile round trip.

The Casita is finally getting near the finishing point. This week I will install the washing machine and the propane guy will be here to install the dryer. Once they are in place all that's left is the shelves. Home base is almost complete.

The whole idea behind this location was to give myself a jumping off point to go enjoy the State and Federal park system in New Mexico and Arizona. But with this drought and wildfires I'm running out of options in both of these states. Most of these parks are closed because of the continuing fire threats. WE NEED RAIN!!!!!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I just looked at the forecast and I think I'd better go to the office and pay for Monday and Tuesday night and try to leave Wednesday. They still predict rain Wednesday but just scattered showers and a little wind. Then a couple days of sunshine. I'm not used to the humidity and I'm beginning to feel the heat again. Last night I didn't even hook up the heater and still woke up sweating a couple of times.

Dave: I'll gladly give you some of the rain from up here. It's beginning to be a little much for my old bones. Hope the package is what you expect. It was more than I could use and the extra flow would have wasted a lot more while boondocking. I hope you bought Millie some goggles to wear while flying.

We would send you some but, alas, no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days!! Yippee!! Yahoo!! Woot! Woot! :D

Easy Jeri, you keep celebrating like that your gonna throw something outta joint. :o Yesterday up here was just plain crappy, we cancelled plans to visit the local Rhoddy Garden, because of rain, and also had planned to jump on the ferry and head over to Pt Townsend for lunch, dumped that idea also. So we just went to a local pub for Burgers and Shrimp then BBQ's a rack of Ribs while we watched it rain.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

The weather here today was rather nice untill about 6:30 PM when the wind kicked up and it started to rain. It isn't raining hard yet so maybe we missed most of the severe storms they were predicting. The main body of the storm system that I was worried about is just east of here. I heard people talking about tornado warning in the restaurant tonight. I don't know where they were talking about. I'll have to listen to NOAH and make sure they were not talking about here.

The weather here today was rather nice untill about 6:30 PM when the wind kicked up and it started to rain. It isn't raining hard yet so maybe we missed most of the severe storms they were predicting. The main body of the storm system that I was worried about is just east of here. I heard people talking about tornado warning in the restaurant tonight. I don't know where they were talking about. I'll have to listen to NOAH and make sure they were not talking about here.

I can certainly tell you we've been out of practice with moving over 20 miles. We have to relearn how to do it. It took us 235 miles to move 106 miles north. I figure we must have done something wrong. Hopefully, when we move again on Friday we can do it a little differently. However, we can't work on it yet because we don't know where we're going. Spiker .... where are you?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I can certainly tell you we've been out of practice with moving over 20 miles. We have to relearn how to do it. It took us 235 miles to move 106 miles north. I figure we must have done something wrong. Hopefully, when we move again on Friday we can do it a little differently. However, we can't work on it yet because we don't know where we're going. Spiker .... where are you?

I'm about 4 hours north and west of your location. :D And that's where I should be Friday also. :rolleyes: I do however have to WORK between now and then. ;)

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

That Tornado warning they were talking about yesterday, was for this area. However the storm went just below us and all we got was about an inch and a half of rain. It's still raining off and on today and because the humidity is 99 percent nothing is drying out. I think I'll go pay for one more day and plan on leaving Thursday morning instead of tomorrow. I don't want to go out and hook up in this wet nasty mess. Plus the wind is supposed to kick up tomorrow but be fairly calm on Thrusday. I don't know what the price structure is on MN State Parks but I think I'll be finding out Thursday night. I still havent figured out a campground near the Sands but right now the one at Monticello looks like it might be the closest.

When we took MN 23 from Pipestone to Duluth we made note of campgrounds along the way. One we wished we'd known about was a city park in Hanley Falls. My notes from that time say "$15 six pull through FHU, $10 no hook-ups; dump; May 1-Sep 30". Hanley Falls is between Marshall and Willmar so it fits in the range you thought you might go on your next travel day.

You don't want to plan to camp at Lake Maria State Park near Monticello. They only have backpack camping. :) Unless you are a group. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/lake_maria/camping.html

I did ask about you camping here at Mississippi Riverwood. They do not rent for less than a month. So people only staying a night or two boondock on the huge cul-de-sac right outside the gate. This park and the 101 Farm Market are the only two places on this dead-end road so no one hassles you parked there. No one other than park residents will even see you since a sound wall blocks the view from Hwy 101. Of course, it doesn't really block the road noise and there are trains across the river aways but, though we hear muted train whistles, they don't bother us.

We've not been to this one, Schroeder Regional Park and Campground, near Annandale but we've been to a church camp nearby and it was a lovely place. Website says $22 for electric. http://www.co.wright.mn.us/department/parks/parkinfo.asp?schroeder

North of Big Lake is the Sand Dunes State Forest with no hookups camping. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_forests/facilities/cmp00046/index.html

There's a regular RV park in Monticello with it's regular RV park pricing and amenities http://www.woodalls.com/a/03304_RiverTerracePark.html and another in St Cloud http://www.stcloudcampground.com/.

And, of course, there's the Minneapolis Northwest KOA which is even further off your route.

So there's what I know about parks around here. There aren't a lot. We'll have to take you somewhere really good to eat to make up for that. :) Except it can't be this Friday night because we already have a commitment for then.

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Spiker .... where are you?

Actually I got a case of "Hitch Itch" today and am now parked in my PRIVATE RV spot real near "EH" land. Heck you and Terry aren't the onliest ones that can figure out how to move north. :o:lol::o I might actually be closer to Doug and Toni than I am to you guys. :P That said, I'm sittin here trying to get rid of some more of that BAAAD WHISKEY. :rolleyes: (Left all the Cranberry Juice at home base)

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Say there Mr. IYQ, If you are going to be hanging around northern Mn. we are camp hosting north of Grand Rapids at Big Balsam Camp & Resort. If you like fishing and need a brake from the fulltime life come on over. We met at you at the class get together in 09 at Q. I,m one of those uppedd 07 class. Fishing has been great, weather a little damp,thats on its way out.If you get a chance,stop on by,we,re just north of GRAND rapids on senic hwy 7.

Mike and Sandy

2005 LaPalma

2005 Ford Ranger

Traveling with Stormy, The Evil Kitty & Lucy

www.barski47.blogspot.com"]Visit My Blog

When we took MN 23 from Pipestone to Duluth we made note of campgrounds along the way. One we wished we'd known about was a city park in Hanley Falls. My notes from that time say "$15 six pull through FHU, $10 no hook-ups; dump; May 1-Sep 30". Hanley Falls is between Marshall and Willmar so it fits in the range you thought you might go on your next travel day.

You don't want to plan to camp at Lake Maria State Park near Monticello. They only have backpack camping. :) Unless you are a group. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/lake_maria/camping.html

I did ask about you camping here at Mississippi Riverwood. They do not rent for less than a month. So people only staying a night or two boondock on the huge cul-de-sac right outside the gate. This park and the 101 Farm Market are the only two places on this dead-end road so no one hassles you parked there. No one other than park residents will even see you since a sound wall blocks the view from Hwy 101. Of course, it doesn't really block the road noise and there are trains across the river aways but, though we hear muted train whistles, they don't bother us.

We've not been to this one, Schroeder Regional Park and Campground, near Annandale but we've been to a church camp nearby and it was a lovely place. Website says $22 for electric. http://www.co.wright.mn.us/department/parks/parkinfo.asp?schroeder

North of Big Lake is the Sand Dunes State Forest with no hookups camping. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_forests/facilities/cmp00046/index.html

There's a regular RV park in Monticello with it's regular RV park pricing and amenities http://www.woodalls.com/a/03304_RiverTerracePark.html and another in St Cloud http://www.stcloudcampground.com/.

And, of course, there's the Minneapolis Northwest KOA which is even further off your route.

So there's what I know about parks around here. There aren't a lot. We'll have to take you somewhere really good to eat to make up for that. :) Except it can't be this Friday night because we already have a commitment for then.

Linda

I couldn't find anything about the Hanley Falls City Park even on the city's own web page. I'm a little afraid to go there without first getting some directions. The map of the city doesn't show any parks at all and the Parks and recreation department doesn't say anything about camping or a city park. I'll probably settle for one of the State parks nearby (Camden or Sibley State Parks) As for a park near you the Schroeder Regional park on Cedar lake looks like it would be the closest. I had planned on going to Lake Maria but my back pack is a little empty.

MEB

Posted Today, 03:25 PM

Say there Mr. IYQ, If you are going to be hanging around northern Mn. we are camp hosting north of Grand Rapids at Big Balsam Camp & Resort. If you like fishing and need a brake from the fulltime life come on over. We met at you at the class get together in 09 at Q. I,m one of those uppedd 07 class. Fishing has been great, weather a little damp,thats on its way out.If you get a chance,stop on by,we,re just north of GRAND rapids on senic hwy 7.

That campground is a little too far north for me. I'm Heading for Duluth to camp in my Niece's back yard. The company is great and the price is right. Free. I like that word FREE.

Edited by IYQ

That Tornado warning they were talking about yesterday, was for this area. However the storm went just below us and all we got was about an inch and a half of rain. It's still raining off and on today and because the humidity is 99 percent nothing is drying out. I think I'll go pay for one more day and plan on leaving Thursday morning instead of tomorrow. I don't want to go out and hook up in this wet nasty mess. Plus the wind is supposed to kick up tomorrow but be fairly calm on Thrusday. I don't know what the price structure is on MN State Parks but I think I'll be finding out Thursday night. I still havent figured out a campground near the Sands but right now the one at Monticello looks like it might be the closest.

I have a video news story from KELO about two vehicles running into a washed out road and being swept away. The two women died....It's up in your area someplace because KELO is Sioux Falls. Not for sure on the particulars....but it must be really dicey up there! Then south by Omaha and St. Jo MO lots of North/South roads closed for indefinite periods.... we're hanging out at the Mid States RV Service shop tonight off of I75 at Byron GA and the storms are coming! I hope just rain, but through here, who knows. saw a swath on the Interstate south of Atlanta yesterday that was wiped out by tornados that hit Tuscaloosa. They have bad ones here too. I wish they would get us done. I thought I'd be in Nashville by now...nothing is just quite working right. We're just stuck. Had problems today getting things back together and so we're here for another day! :{

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Spiker .... where are you?

Actually I got a case of "Hitch Itch" today and am now parked in my PRIVATE RV spot real near "EH" land. Heck you and Terry aren't the onliest ones that can figure out how to move north. :o:lol::o I might actually be closer to Doug and Toni than I am to you guys. :P That said, I'm sittin here trying to get rid of some more of that BAAAD WHISKEY. :rolleyes: (Left all the Cranberry Juice at home base)

Joe

This is a beautiful park and the weather is fantastic. We would love to see any and all of you.

By the way - Sandie - yes it is called Canada Day and it is July 1st. This park is booked solid for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th of July.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Waaahhhh! :o

No Kidding, discovered my supply in the "Doghouse" had almost been depleted. :( Then today we ran into equipment problems so I came back and washed the MH, then I raided my buddies supply of that BAAAD Whiskey. :D So kinda looks like I'm going to be here till Friday. Oh well I managed to pick up 3 Salmon to take home and run through the smoker. :):D :D :)

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I couldn't find anything about the Hanley Falls City Park even on the city's own web page.

Sorry about that, it turns out the campground actually belongs to the farm machinery museum there. The only place I could find it listed on the web was on this brochure from a farm machinery show. http://www.mnmachinerymuseum.com/Show_2010.pdf. You could call the museum at 507.768.3522 and ask them about camping there. We saw it on our way to the museum but didn't stop to check it out until we were leaving town and the museum had closed for the day. The pricing information I gave you was from a sign in the park.

Linda

Edited by sandsys

6-22 to 6-25 or a little longer. We are at the Ameristar Casino RV Park in Vicksburg, MS. Still humid but we will do some Civil War exploring. Thank goodness the MS river is receding so crossing will be fine. I still feel so sorry for those guys in the bottom lands.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com