Classes of 2008 and 2009

Lee,, so you have been bear bait ?? big question is DID you go back ?

lavins,, maybe will try to swing by where you guys are this fall , when do you leave there.

mike and deb

Hey Mike and Deb,

We will be in Lake George NY until the week after Labor Day. We are then going to Mass for a bit and on to Virginia. We will be in Kentucky around the 1st of October to work at Amazon until Christmas.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now I have to make a mad dash to Duluth instead of just drifting over there.

Have you picked a route yet? Shortest is MN Hwy 23. Fastest is supposed to be I-90 E to I-35 N. Either one brings you within a few miles of us. We're on Hwy 101 one exit south of Elk River. Let us know if you'll have time to stop for at least a meal. We'll treat.

If you think you might take MN Hwy 23 you can check it out by reading my blog from when we drove it two years ago about this time of year. Start at http://www.sandsys.org/wordpress/2009/06/minnesota-highway-23/.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Have you picked a route yet? Shortest is MN Hwy 23. Fastest is supposed to be I-90 E to I-35 N. Either one brings you within a few miles of us. We're on Hwy 101 one exit south of Elk River. Let us know if you'll have time to stop for at least a meal. We'll treat.

If you think you might take MN Hwy 23 you can check it out by reading my blog from when we drove it two years ago about this time of year. Start at http://www.sandsys.org/wordpress/2009/06/minnesota-highway-23/.

Linda

I don't know as yet which route I'll take. I might go up into North Dakota and take I-94 across instead of I-90 then take 10,34 and 200 across MN to Duluth. I do perfer the two lane roads when I have plenty of time but I'm running out of time on this trip. So I'll probably just stay on I-90 and I-35. It's easier to find RV-Parks that way. Send me a coordinate for the park you are in and I'll try to save out one night to meet up with you and Dave. I'll plan the stop before your place to give a short days drive on to your park. I'm not too fond of getting off I-35 in Minneapolis/St Paul but I could take I-94 from I-35 and then get back on my route by cutting cross lots on MN 22.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It's a good thing my Itinerary is written in chalk. I just got word that my Niece will be back in Duluth on the 23rd of June and my Great Grand Niece is coming there from Columbia. SC but has to fly back on the 4th of July to be at work on the 5th. So now I have to make a mad dash to Duluth instead of just drifting over there. The place they rented in Duluth is way out north of the City on Hwy 61, They don't get an AT&T phone signal out there so I may be hitting the vanishing Cream bottle again with Verizon also. I'm going to try to stay here until Monday in hopes that at least some of the things I'm waithing for in the mail will get here. Then I'll take off for Duluth, mail or no mail, and have things forwarded to my nieces new temperary address. I don't know how long her husbands job is going to keep them up there but I'm sure it will be several month. He heads up projects for the construction company he works for and this job is some big government contract. So If I come up missing all of a sudden. It's because I've been hitting the Vanishing Cream Bottle again. This is becoming an adiction.

Congrats on the move to be one of us SoDaks.....Travel safe and have a good time....just look for water over the roads! I hear there's floods all the way from N.D. down to Kansas City over to your east, probably the Missouri. I've even been hitting the vanishing cream a little, as my signal over here in Georgia is pretty slow and not the best. We're south of Atlanta. I'm really having quite enough of the 100+ days and as soon as we get our generator back and coach's ends are painted we will be heading north and west. I heard from a friend today who put pics on my facebook of the Missouri river flooding at Council Bluffs IA at the Ameristar...all that area under water. Predicted for about 10 more feet and I 29 closed several places down to K.C. So I'm not in a real big hurry to come back up and across there. Talk about written in Chalk...I'm completely without a plan after this weekend and don't even know where we'll end up over the 4th of July weekend, which is unlike me to leave that up in the air. We'll just hope to hear from you and that you had an uneventful journey! :)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

How many baskets are you planning on making while they are gone???

So far they have been gone 2 days, and I haven't had a minute to get one out. I am working on a cracker basket for Carrie for Christmas. I had a tooth ache for 2 weeks so I made an appointment yesterday and ended up having a root canal. What a way to start a week. I didn't get home till 2 and didn't feel much like doing much until about 7 last night...one day down. Today, I did my late spring cleaning early fall cleaning. The MH smells like new. All woodwork done, floor scrubbed and counter spotless! What a good job...if I say so myself.

Marsha Weaver

Full-Timing with our cat Bella

2005 Tiffin Phaeton: 2005 Jeep Liberty toad

Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com

SKP# 102686

Marsha, You can show your expetise at RV cleaning any time you want on my rig. I cleaned mine all up just before I got here to this mud hole. Now it is worse than it was befor I started cleaning it. However today there was no rain and the wind has dried all the mud up for a while. They even got a lot of work done on the project here.

I've decided to wait till Monday to head for Duluth. I still don't know what route I'll take but I'll probably just stay on I-90 to I-35 up to Duluth. I think it is still open across the Missouri. Maybe I should wear my swiming trunks just in case.

I woke up at 5 AM this morning. Way too early for this old man. I've been fighting sleep every since.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I don't know as yet which route I'll take. I might go up into North Dakota and take I-94 across instead of I-90 then take 10,34 and 200 across MN to Duluth. I do perfer the two lane roads when I have plenty of time but I'm running out of time on this trip. So I'll probably just stay on I-90 and I-35. It's easier to find RV-Parks that way. Send me a coordinate for the park you are in and I'll try to save out one night to meet up with you and Dave. I'll plan the stop before your place to give a short days drive on to your park. I'm not too fond of getting off I-35 in Minneapolis/St Paul but I could take I-94 from I-35 and then get back on my route by cutting cross lots on MN 22.

Dave puts our coordinates on the class map so I copied this from it: 45.274479,-93.555420. It's a co-op park, though, that doesn't rent sites for less than a month as far as I know, but the owner of our site did boondock a few nights on the cul-de-sac right outside our gate. The closest overnight, I think, is Minneapolis Northwest KOA which is not cheap but does have pull-through spots. Or you could go to this one, http://www.anokacountyparks.com/camping/rice_creek.htm, and we could come over there to meet you. There's a restaurant near there called Millers on Main I want to check out. Their website looks promising and it's halfway between us and good friends we want to meet for a meal.

If you want to just meet for lunch we can go pretty much anywhere on whatever route you want to take through town then you could head on north.

And if all this gets too complicated just head on by and we'll catch you next time. Getting up to see your family in a timely manner is more important than stopping to see us.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Marsha, You can show your expetise at RV cleaning any time you want on my rig. I cleaned mine all up just before I got here to this mud hole. Now it is worse than it was befor I started cleaning it. However today there was no rain and the wind has dried all the mud up for a while. They even got a lot of work done on the project here.

I've decided to wait till Monday to head for Duluth. I still don't know what route I'll take but I'll probably just stay on I-90 to I-35 up to Duluth. I think it is still open across the Missouri. Maybe I should wear my swiming trunks just in case.

I woke up at 5 AM this morning. Way too early for this old man. I've been fighting sleep every since.

Okay big guy....the next time we meet and IF your rig is dirty, I will clean it. BUT I don't do the outside, bathrooms, windows, floors, beds, microwaves, stoves, ovens or cabinets. Everything else will be just fine.

Marsha Weaver

Full-Timing with our cat Bella

2005 Tiffin Phaeton: 2005 Jeep Liberty toad

Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com

SKP# 102686

Hey Mike and Deb. That Bears Name is Mildred. She likes to have her belly scratched. Tell her I think of her once in a while.

Dave and Linda. S. I'll punch that in my GPS and if things look good when I get that far I'll give you a call before I come crashing in. I'll find a park before calling.

Marsha, OK you made my belly giggle with that list of don't. You sound like my old house keeper. You forgot to cross off Refrigerators and it needs defrosting and washed inside.

About all I did today was go get my ears lowered. The gal tried to undo some of the damage the last gal did. She did a pretty good job. It will have to grow out a little more before it is completely corrected but at least I can comb it now and it will actually part where it is supposed to.

Today was mixed clouds and sun with a few sprits of rain this after noon. The forcast was for periods of rain sometime very heavy so I guess we escaped the worst of it.They are calling for more sunshine tomorrow so we'll probably get drowned

Edited by IYQ

Mildred, eh, you'd better watch out or you may get "scratched" yourself, if you don't catch fish fast enough. :lol:

We towed the new Dakota for the first time yesterday, and it worked really well. If it didn't have a locking steering wheel it would be great, but it will work ok. Now we have an appointment with Cummins to get the water pump belt replaced on the generator Tuesday, and we will be ready to travel. You're supposed to have that replaced every 1000 hours and we have 1500 hours on the generator now, so I guess it's time. Gitting too hot to hang around this place any longer. Been hovering around the 100 degree mark and that's way too hot. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Mildred, eh, you'd better watch out or you may get "scratched" yourself, if you don't catch fish fast enough. :lol:

We towed the new Dakota for the first time yesterday, and it worked really well. If it didn't have a locking steering wheel it would be great, but it will work ok. Now we have an appointment with Cummins to get the water pump belt replaced on the generator Tuesday, and we will be ready to travel. You're supposed to have that replaced every 1000 hours and we have 1500 hours on the generator now, so I guess it's time. Gitting too hot to hang around this place any longer. Been hovering around the 100 degree mark and that's way too hot. Steve

Been in the high 50's, low 60's here. :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I went to Denny's for breakfast and when I came back I decided to grease the hitch and put a few shots in the wheel bearing of the trailer and check the tires. They are within 5 lbs so I'm good to go. I've decided to leave Sunday. I wouldn't be able to get any more mail if I stayed until Monday so I might as well use the day for driving. The weather forcast looks a little better Sunday than it does Monday also. This afternoon I'll square up with the front Office and get the inside of the rig ready. Then sit here and twiddle my thumbs for the rest of the day.

This afternoon I'll square up with the front Office and get the inside of the rig ready. Then sit here and twiddle my thumbs for the rest of the day.

Just as long as you don't whittle on those thumbs!!! :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Okay big guy....the next time we meet and IF your rig is dirty, I will clean it. BUT I don't do the outside, bathrooms, windows, floors, beds, microwaves, stoves, ovens or cabinets. Everything else will be just fine.

Remember that floatie seat and oars that I suggested? Might not be a bad idea around the Missouri! But seriously, I would hope that up that far at least on the 90 you should be o.k. They have I29 shut north of Omaha and south several places all the way to K.City. Not fun! :( and to think I ran up and down that road freely last summer! Going and coming. Friends posted pics of the river around Omaha/Council Bluffs IA and it's a mess!

Travel safe! At least you'll be going in the daylight, and be sure to check ahead. What a weird year.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Joe

Hey there Joe! Don't rub that in!!!! Here in Central GA we are forcast for 104 for the rest of the weekend. We got the coach out of the shop this afternoon, and in a place that has had no rain for 2 months, it has rained steady for the past 3 hours! Make plans, watch god laugh. We would be gone but still have a part coming for our generator here too....I guess I'm trying to take after Steve! Just decided to get some maintenance done since all my destinations for the summer are either flooded or blown away! I'm so ready to head back west! If anybody ever hears me suggest heading east in the spring again, SLAP ME HARD!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Joe

Joe - Definitely agree with you. The weather has been FABULOUS. It actually hit 70 here!! It's supposed to drip a tad tomorrow but then next week will be in mid-70's. Hopefully we're heading north next week. Keep the sun shining.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Hey there Joe! Don't rub that in!!!! Here in Central GA we are forcast for 104 for the rest of the weekend. We got the coach out of the shop this afternoon, and in a place that has had no rain for 2 months, it has rained steady for the past 3 hours! Make plans, watch god laugh. We would be gone but still have a part coming for our generator here too....I guess I'm trying to take after Steve! Just decided to get some maintenance done since all my destinations for the summer are either flooded or blown away! I'm so ready to head back west! If anybody ever hears me suggest heading east in the spring again, SLAP ME HARD!

OK, if it will make things better they are predicting 50% chance of SHOWERS for tomorrow. :D

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Joe - Definitely agree with you. The weather has been FABULOUS. It actually hit 70 here!! It's supposed to drip a tad tomorrow but then next week will be in mid-70's. Hopefully we're heading north next week. Keep the sun shining.

YES we are finally back to the weather that makes this THE place to be in the summer time.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I got tired of Twiddling so I did some Whittling this afternoon. I went out to get gas and decided to get a plate of riblets at Applebee's. The Gas station limited the gas sale to $75 so I have to top off the tank again tomorrow so I'll be starting out with a full tank. I don't see and sence in limiting the sale to $75. Anybody with evil intentions could just start it twice or three times. I could have too but I figure if they cut it off on me, I won't give them any more money I'll just stop at the next station and see if they do any better. Oh well at least it gives me something to grip about. It keeps me in practice. You guys in the PNW that are bragging about 50 and 60 degree weather. At that temperature I put my coat on. It's getting so I don't feel comfortable until the temperature hits about 80. Where I lived in NC the summer temperatures are mostly in the 70's. Now that sounds cold to me and I used to sweat when it got above 70.

Foofy I checked and I-90 is open all the way through. If it hadn't been I'd have gone up to I-94 the flood waters are starting to receed up there. In MN it doesn't make much difference the whole state is under water all the time anyway. They call it the land of Lakes. I call it one big swamp.

Dave C did you get my email and the package. Use the Gmail address the Yahoo one is still messed up. Are you still getting well smoked down there. To bad they don't rub a little BBQ sauce on you too.

............. You guys in the PNW that are bragging about 50 and 60 degree weather. At that temperature I put my coat on. .

I certainly wouldn't brag about temperatures in the 50's and 60's unless the rest of you are in the 100's. Then, I most certainly would. However, 70 here with a little humidity is nice. At least no air conditioner and no heater.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I got tired of Twiddling so I did some Whittling this afternoon. I went out to get gas and decided to get a plate of riblets at Applebee's. The Gas station limited the gas sale to $75 so I have to top off the tank again tomorrow so I'll be starting out with a full tank. I don't see and sence in limiting the sale to $75. Anybody with evil intentions could just start it twice or three times. I could have too but I figure if they cut it off on me, I won't give them any more money I'll just stop at the next station and see if they do any better. Oh well at least it gives me something to grip about. It keeps me in practice. You guys in the PNW that are bragging about 50 and 60 degree weather. At that temperature I put my coat on. It's getting so I don't feel comfortable until the temperature hits about 80. Where I lived in NC the summer temperatures are mostly in the 70's. Now that sounds cold to me and I used to sweat when it got above 70.

Foofy I checked and I-90 is open all the way through. If it hadn't been I'd have gone up to I-94 the flood waters are starting to receed up there. In MN it doesn't make much difference the whole state is under water all the time anyway. They call it the land of Lakes. I call it one big swamp.

Dave C did you get my email and the package. Use the Gmail address the Yahoo one is still messed up. Are you still getting well smoked down there. To bad they don't rub a little BBQ sauce on you too.

Our package is currently "resting" in Albuquerque. But I'll have fun anyway. It's going to be Millie Flying Weather for the next 3 days. The smoke really came in last night. It was so strong I really thought of getting up to make sure the neighborhood wasn't on fire!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Well I'm all hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning and head for Duluth, MN. All I have to do is unhook the electric and roll up the stabilizers and hit the road. I don't usually move on Sunday but I'm sure getting tired of this place with all the construction going on. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow when I start punching my pillow but I'll figure that out when I get there. I may drive to Mitchell and spend a couple of days there to rest up and do a few things on the trailer that I couldn't do here because of the mud. The Mud is all dried now but there are big clods of dried mud that make it impossible to walk around the sides of the trailer.

DAVE C. get your self an air filter like painters wear when they spray paint. We don't want you to come up with black lung. However if you are in for some Millie flying weather maybe the smoke will go elsewhere. This place is all green and east of here you need scuba gear.

Edited by IYQ