Classes of 2008 and 2009

Had a sort of class reunion this week and just got home. I am so tired and talked out I can hardly move. Still in Billings - need to get the alignment done on the rig on Monday and wait for Jim's package to arrive and then we're off again.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And, it'll be finished WHEN? I think you need to start it about 6:00 AM.

PS We're going to swing by those parks we talked about before we head your way. Actually we're stalling for the salmon to get done.

Oh I figure it to be done sometime between noon and 4. :P You can see one of those parks as the ferry docks on this side, and I'm located between it and the other one.

Steve, glad you guys are finally on the road. Now I only have to worry about whether or not there is gonna be any of that BAAAAD Whiskey left when you get here with the Ice Cream Machine. :o

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri and Terry showed up today with a bottle of Cranberry Juice. So while the Smoker was working on the Salmon, we sat on the deck, looked at the water, drank Cranberry Juice and Soda, and TALKED ABOUT EVERYONE THAT WASN'T HERE. :lol: :lol: :lol: Had a great visit, and the Salmon is finally done.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Hey Steve, Hi Five on getting Bessy Bus on the move again. If you need any lessons on sitting in your chair and getting everyone to stop and talk. I'd be glad to give them fist hand but you must supply the Cranberry Juice and come forth with that Ice Cream Machine.

Linda and Dave Sands just left for home. We went to the restaurant and the meal slowed the talking a tad but not much. Tnen we went to their place. They have a nice spot on the Mississippi. They showed me around their place but that didn't slow my gabbing very much either. We took all the roads that I might have to take when I leave. I still talked. Then we came back to my place. I got then trapped inside then got out all my carvings to brag about. I don't know about them but I had a very nice day and guess what, I'm not talking to myself this evening. Too tired. I'll probably use tomorrow to clean some of the mud out of this trailer from Rapid City and get ready for boonedocking in my nieces back yard. Where are all those cowgirls when you need one? They must have all gone to Dave C's house to see the new Tourist Trap.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jeri and Terry showed up today with a bottle of Cranberry Juice. So while the Smoker was working on the Salmon, we sat on the deck, looked at the water, drank Cranberry Juice and Soda, and TALKED ABOUT EVERYONE THAT WASN'T HERE. :lol: :lol: :lol: Had a great visit, and the Salmon is finally done.

Joe

Well Joe it was a given that when you mentioned food that Jeri would be there, now how you going get rid of her before the Salmon runs out? Not only do you have Jeri but you mentioned bad whiskey and Steve is headed you way. Have a great visit with all.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Joe

We had a wonderful day! The weather was gorgeous and the companionship fantastic. We absolutely loved Joe's homebase. He's right. We sat on his deck which has a view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and chatted about everyone else. I have pictures of it and will post on blog in a few days. I'm so far behind right now. I have stuff on our "neighbors" Lee and Loralie and also Joe. I'm just too zonked to do it. And, I have about 4,000 photos to sort first. Well, maybe not quite that many. :D :D

Well Joe it was a given that when you mentioned food that Jeri would be there, now how you going get rid of her before the Salmon runs out? Not only do you have Jeri but you mentioned bad whiskey and Steve is headed you way. Have a great visit with all.

And, look who's talking. Joe asked if you were heading this way. You should see the supply of wine he's making for you. I have pictures!!

We may move tomorrow or we may not. I guess we'll make that decision in the morning whether to pay for another night or not. :unsure:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Boy, what a night. We had to detour around the flooded Missouri river and the Platt, now we found a RV park and darned if a tornado didn't try to get us. Carol got hit in the eye with a piece of hail while we were getting into the concrete bathroom, but she's ok, just a little spooked. This storm formed just West of us and the rotation was coming up and down just when it went by here. Thats close enough for me. Everything is quiet now, and the remaining storm is to the south and east of us. Waay too much water around here. It's amazing how whe have drought conditions in Oklahoma, and these folks do don't know what to do with all the water they have.

We just found out that Mike and Julie are parked about 15 miles from us, so we are going to try to hook up tomorrow. Then we are going to see the Omaha Zoo, which is supposed to be one of the premier zoos. That is if the levey don't break and we all wind up in Mississippi river!! I may have to figure out how to do a quick inflation on the boat if that happens. :P

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Linda and Dave Sand just left for home. We went to the restaurant and the meal slowed the talking a tad but not much. Tnen we went to their place. They have a nice spot on the Mississippi. They showed me around their place but that didn't slow my gabbing very much either. We took all the roads that I might have to take when I leave. I still talked. Then we came back to my place. I got then trapped inside then got out all my carvings to brag about. I don't know about them but I had a very nice day and guess what, I'm not talking to myself this evening. Too tired.

Hey! I did some talking, too. Even Dave got a few words in there. Plus, Dave staked out a spot near the door at Lee's so we could escape anytime we felt a need to do so. And, yes, it was a good time. I'm glad you detoured to see us. And I love your carvings. I talked half way home about those gnome homes--I slept the other half. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Boy, what a night. We had to detour around the flooded Missouri river and the Platt, now we found a RV park and darned if a tornado didn't try to get us. Carol got hit in the eye with a piece of hail while we were getting into the concrete bathroom, but she's ok, just a little spooked. This storm formed just West of us and the rotation was coming up and down just when it went by here. Thats close enough for me. Everything is quiet now, and the remaining storm is to the south and east of us. Waay too much water around here. It's amazing how whe have drought conditions in Oklahoma, and these folks do don't know what to do with all the water they have.

We just found out that Mike and Julie are parked about 15 miles from us, so we are going to try to hook up tomorrow. Then we are going to see the Omaha Zoo, which is supposed to be one of the premier zoos. That is if the levey don't break and we all wind up in Mississippi river!! I may have to figure out how to do a quick inflation on the boat if that happens. :P

Not to worry Steve, I'm camped right on the Mississippi River and it don't look as big here as it does in a dry year down there. While we were at the Sand's a couple in a canoe came zooming down the river having a ball. And, are you sure that was a Tornado and not that Flux Capacitor going nuts. You better put some stop leak in it's grid leak resistor.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hey! I did some talking, too. Even Dave got a few words in there. Plus, Dave staked out a spot near the door at Lee's so we could escape anytime we felt a need to do so. And, yes, it was a good time. I'm glad you detoured to see us. And I love your carvings. I talked half way home about those gnome homes--I slept the other half. :)

Linda

Right after I posted that comment on the forum, I went in the bedroom and pulled a two hour Steve myself. Now it's bed time and I'm raring to go but not to bed.

Terry dragged her outta here before the Salmon was done. :P And Steve is dodging hi water, so I'm thinkin both the Salmon and the BAAAAD Whiskey are safe. :rolleyes: Now the Cranberry Juice could pose a problem, THEY told me you guys were headed this way also. :blink:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We had a wonderful day! The weather was gorgeous and the companionship fantastic. We absolutely loved Joe's homebase. He's right. We sat on his deck which has a view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and chatted about everyone else. I have pictures of it and will post on blog in a few days. I'm so far behind right now. I have stuff on our "neighbors" Lee and Loralie and also Joe. I'm just too zonked to do it. And, I have about 4,000 photos to sort first. Well, maybe not quite that many. :D :D

And, look who's talking. Joe asked if you were heading this way. You should see the supply of wine he's making for you. I have pictures!!

We may move tomorrow or we may not. I guess we'll make that decision in the morning whether to pay for another night or not. :unsure:

Thanks Jeri, and yes the company was fantastic. After you guys left and the Salmon finished up, I had to take a trip out to spoil the new Grand Son some more. :lol: I'm thinking by this time next year he's gonna be my lil Crabbing Buddy. :D HMMMMMM License for him is only $1.00, maybe he needs one this year to. :o :o :o

As for Jerry and Janice, I'm gonna believe they be comin this way when I see the Whites of their Eyes. :P

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Not to worry Steve, I'm camped right on the Mississippi River and it don't look as big here as it does in a dry year down there. While we were at the Sand's a couple in a canoe came zooming down the river having a ball. And, are you sure that was a Tornado and not that Flux Capacitor going nuts. You better put some stop leak in it's grid leak resistor.

Hmmmm grid leak resistor, I'll pick up a quart or so and see what I can do.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lazy day today. I cleaned up a little of the muck and mire in my trailer and stained a cane I've been chopping on and that's about it. Now I'm going to take a shower and sit here and twiddle my thumbs the rest of the evening. The pull out in the morning and head for my Nieces place in Duluth. She lives way out of town on a farm so I may find that I have nothing but Vanishing cream to put on my cereal every morning. If you don't hear from me you'll know why and you can expect to hear from me again after the 4th.

I'm beginning to feel like Steve when he sat forever in OK and Jeri when she sat forever in the Phoenix area. We may never get out of Billings. We got the service work done, got the fridge working, took the rig in for the alignment today and they found a broken right rear spring. So now we have to try and get another appointment with the Workhorse people (so it will be covered under warranty) that we don't care for and who knows when we'll get the appointment. So here we sit. And you know how much I like sitting. Back to cleaning out cupboards.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I'm beginning to feel like Steve when he sat forever in OK and Jeri when she sat forever in the Phoenix area. We may never get out of Billings. We got the service work done, got the fridge working, took the rig in for the alignment today and they found a broken right rear spring. So now we have to try and get another appointment with the Workhorse people (so it will be covered under warranty) that we don't care for and who knows when we'll get the appointment. So here we sit. And you know how much I like sitting. Back to cleaning out cupboards.

Oh no ... you definitely want the warranty to take care of the bill! Who said this lifestyle is cheap? I think it tends to be pretty expensive. Lots of luck with the repairs. We've had more than our share of sitting still. :mellow:

Well, we woke up this morning and tried to decide whether to pay another night at the Elks in Sequim or hit the road. After we checked on availability, we lost no time getting on the road. We're now at Seaside, Oregon Thousand Trails and will be for two weeks. We had reservations over the 4th weekend but figured if we got in early we might get a great site. And, we did. We got one that Spiker recommended. We're right across from the pool and hot tub so I can say things are good. However, the 209 miles here were a long 209 miles especially since the roads were windy and the traffic slow. I promised Terry that tomorrow we would do nothing, NOTHING. I hope I can keep my promise. :unsure:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Well, I made a post last night and when I clicked submit, I couldn't get on the escapee server. Lost the post and now I have to remember how it went. Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Greetings from the soggy midwest. We wound up in Omaha and collided with Mike & Julie who are there for their first grandchild's birth (coming soon). We toured the Omaha Zoo, and afterwords found the "best burger in Omaha". It was served in Dinkers bar, and they have had the distinction of having the best hamburger since 1935, and I think they may still have it. That and a very cold beer topped off the day. We had time to talk about everyone who wasn't there (you know who you are), and tell a few new stories too. Who would have thought that we would have run into them in Omaha!!

We are camped in the I-29 campground, just south of Omaha, and right across from where the Platte river runs into the Missouri and it's flooded all over the place. There are a lot of farms under water, and they expect this to continue into August! :o If the main Levee were to fail, we would be in that mess too, but they sure have a lot of people watching it. There are a few corps of engineer troops across the highway from us,and more just down the road. We are heading out early in the morning, so the levee just needs to hold another night.

Today Carol & I went to the Omaha botanical gardens and had a nice time playing tourist. After, we met Mike & Julie for lunch at O'Connor's, in the old part of town, and then went to the Dunham museum where their daughter in law works. It was in the old Union Station, which has been renovated and is a work of art in itself. We had a great time and plan on hooking up with them again as we head west in a month.

We will head out East tomorrow to meet up with my niece and husband who are also having a baby in July. They live in Chicago and we will meet them in Rockford, Il for supper tomorrow night. I think I need to take a nap, all this writing is tiring me out. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I'm not RVing with Steve and Carol, thats for sure :rolleyes:

actually, glad everyone is surviving the nasty weather that seems to be popping up everywhere.

we are in MI, headed to Lake Michigan for a few days before heading to Traverse City for Cherry Festival.

Our Mobile Suite will not be ready for pick up for a week or so, so we'll have fun first.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I'm at my Nieces house about 20 miles up the North Shore of Lake Superior, They are renting a farm. House barn and all. It's a beautiful place the owner comes about once a week and takes care of the lawn and gardens. My niece is having a ball feeding the horses carrots and apples. The groceries don't last long with her here. Tonight we sat and talked untill after 10. Tomorrow they have a big trip planned. I think I'll tell them to go and have fun. I need to run into town (Two Harbours, MN) and get some LP gas to keep my frig going and take the chill off the trailer in the mornings. My Wilson amplifier quit working for some reason and I only get one bar on the phone out here so surfing is mighty slow. But at least I'm not on a diet of Vanishing Cream.

Some days if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. But on the other side, at least you are where you can get the spring repaired. May be a little blessing in disguise.

Now about that cupboards cleaning. Here at the tourist trap we have a class on that. We even provide the cupboards!!!!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I'm at my Nieces house about 20 miles up the North Shore of Lake Superior, They are renting a farm. House barn and all. It's a beautiful place the owner comes about once a week and takes care of the lawn and gardens. My niece is having a ball feeding the horses carrots and apples. The groceries don't last long with her here. Tonight we sat and talked untill after 10. Tomorrow they have a big trip planned. I think I'll tell them to go and have fun. I need to run into town (Two Harbours, MN) and get some LP gas to keep my frig going and take the chill off the trailer in the mornings. My Wilson amplifier quit working for some reason and I only get one bar on the phone out here so surfing is mighty slow. But at least I'm not on a diet of Vanishing Cream.

Boy IYQ....you are waaaay up in the boonies! We have some full-timer friends who have a cabin near Two Harbours. They say it stays pretty cool up there. They love it! Enjoy!!!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Well, we're in the perfect spot at Seaside. However, our son spent last night at the emergency room. Evidently he ruptured the tendon that connects the heel to the calf of his leg while playing volleyball. Ouch! Now we're trying to decide whether we should just head inland and hang it up for the coast this year. We'll probably make a trip to Portland today and then a decision about moving ourselves after he talks to the surgeon. I guess I don't need to say what a fun time we've had this year with all the doctors and such.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Well, we're in the perfect spot at Seaside. However, our son spent last night at the emergency room. Evidently he ruptured the tendon that connects the heel to the calf of his leg while playing volleyball. Ouch! Now we're trying to decide whether we should just head inland and hang it up for the coast this year. We'll probably make a trip to Portland today and then a decision about moving ourselves after he talks to the surgeon. I guess I don't need to say what a fun time we've had this year with all the doctors and such.

Ouch is right, hope things go well with his Dr visit. Boy you guys have to be tired of Dr's offices by now.

Joe

PS Since there is a RUMOR that Jerry and Janice are heading this way, I started another batch of Cranberry Juice on Monday. :D

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota