Classes of 2008 and 2009

Does it do me harm if they list themselves? I've been just ignoring them.

Linda

Well they will know that we (some of us anyhow) are not at home. And they would know where we are all the time.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they will know that we (some of us anyhow) are not at home. And they would know where we are all the time.

That might be true if they were reading the forums but I don't think they are. I don't think just listing as friends tells them that. And they don't have to sign up as anything to read the forums.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Terry & Jeri took some of us out for pizza tonight. Thanks, guys. It was very generous of you.

Linda

Our pleasure.

I looked at the info on those same friends who Toni mentioned previously. They aren't RVers. They are sales people. They have websites selling stuff they want you to check out. I deleted the first friend and then set mine up where they had to ask to be a friend.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Does it do me harm if they list themselves? I've been just ignoring them.

Linda

I clicked on their avitar and went to their profile then deleted my stage name on their friends list. They then disapeared from my friends list.

The links at the top of the page for my settings, messages and Notifications hasn't been working for a long time. I sent a message to Admin and told them they didn't work but never heard anything about it. The only way I can get to my own profile and friends list is to click my own avitar.

Now that I'm full of pizza I don't much care if they put their name on my friends list or not. Thanks Terry you can be my friend any time you like. I love pizza but I'll bet I have high blood pressure in the morning.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I clicked on their avitar and went to their profile then deleted my stage name on their friends list. They then disapeared from my friends list.

The links at the top of the page for my settings, messages and Notifications hasn't been working for a long time. I sent a message to Admin and told them they didn't work but never heard anything about it. The only way I can get to my own profile and friends list is to click my own avitar.

Now that I'm full of pizza I don't much care if they put their name on my friends list or not. Thanks Terry you can be my friend any time you like. I love pizza but I'll bet I have high blood pressure in the morning.

The links at the top of my page don't work either. I delete them manually each time. Anyhow better safe than sorry, eh!

Thanks Terry and Jeri for dinner. A fine time was had by all.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We actually saw the sun today. It's big and round and yellow. I'm getting a little tired of the rain here not to mention the coat of algea I'm growing. I got my laundry done today. Now, all I need to do is find a barber. Of course I could muck this trailer out and get rid of a ton or two of dust but that sounds too much like work. Oops sorry, "That W word." We had a very nice Happy Hour tonight at Toni and Dougs trailer. We even had all kinds of goodies to munch on. Terry and Jeri got it together. We just about had the party without Toni and Doug but they come strolling in just as we were about to start talking about them.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We actually saw the sun today. It's big and round and yellow. I'm getting a little tired of the rain here not to mention the coat of algea I'm growing. I got my laundry done today. Now, all I need to do is find a barber. Of course I could muck this trailer out and get rid of a ton or two of dust but that sounds too much like work. Oops sorry, "That W word." We had a very nice Happy Hour tonight at Toni and Dougs trailer. We even had all kinds of goodies to munch on. Terry and Jeri got it together. We just about had the party without Toni and Doug but they come strolling in just as we were about to start talking about them.

;)

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I got my ears lowered today and picked up a few groceries. I think the Dog Catcher will quit chasing me now but my coyote friends in the desert won't know me. I'll have to approch the pack with caution. Jeri invited me for dinner tonight but I had to decline. My Blood Pressure is still trying to recover from the pizza. Tomorrow I'll start getting the rig ready to return to the Slabs. I was thinking about going directely to Q but decided against it. Plus I want to see a doctor and Q isn't the place to do that for sure. I still don't feel up to snuff. And, I don't want to miss that X'mas dinner at the Slab Low's. It's fantastic.

How did your visit go today???? Where are you at "Q"?

I got to talk to one brother on the phone; he was too sick to come meet me. The other brother is in Texas for knee surgery.

I spent last night parked along Khuen Rd. Today I moved over to I-10 Exit 1 area to join the van dwellers group there. Wonderful people!

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

12/18 to 1/2/2013 at Sigsby military campground inKey West, FL. Will spend Xmas with some great fellow RVers friends and watch a Xmas sunset. Had a wonderful Xmas over Thanksgiving with most of the grandkids so now we are set for the winter in WARM weather. Still miss everybody though. Hope you all have a great Xmas no matter where you are.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Wonders never cease, Casa Grande now has 4G. I was very suprised when I turning on my MyFi to see a big 4G on the screen.

We had a very nice dinner tonight at Toni and Dougs trailer. Jeri was carting stuff over there just as I showed up tonight. Do you think they think if they feed me I'll go away. ??? Hummm. I don't think that would work any better than it does with stray dogs. I really enjoyed the evening.

I've got the outside of the trailer ready to leave in the morning. I've decided to go back to the slabs untill the bunch that are going to meet in Q in mid January are there then make the Q and Yuma run all in one. Then when I leave Yuma head for Deming. I'll get most of the inside ready tonight so that all I have to do is hook up in the morning. I would have done that tonight but my truck would have been blocking the road all night.

Wonders never cease, Casa Grande now has 4G. I was very suprised when I turning on my MyFi to see a big 4G on the screen.

We had a very nice dinner tonight at Toni and Dougs trailer. Jeri was carting stuff over there just as I showed up tonight. Do you think they think if they feed me I'll go away. ??? Hummm. I don't think that would work any better than it does with stray dogs. I really enjoyed the evening.

I've got the outside of the trailer ready to leave in the morning. I've decided to go back to the slabs untill the bunch that are going to meet in Q in mid January are there then make the Q and Yuma run all in one. Then when I leave Yuma head for Deming. I'll get most of the inside ready tonight so that all I have to do is hook up in the morning. I would have done that tonight but my truck would have been blocking the road all night.

See ya down the road Lee.

I wanted to send you that picture I took last night on here but it's too big apparently. I will email it to you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I made it back to the Slabs about noon and am all set up just like I was before I left. I'm still feeling lousy though. I went to happy hour then came home and went to bed for a few hours. That helped a little. I think I'll go to the health clinic in town tomorrow and have them check me over. I enjoyed the stay in Casa Grande with part of our family and will try to get up to Q when that bunch goes up there for the big tent event. However I heard that it was going to be held really late this year like the 29th or something like that. So, I might have to make the Q and Sidewinder meeting all as one trip. And the rest of you better be there to protect yourself. We talked about you a lot in Casa Grande and made plans to really tell some stories about all those that don't make it to Sidewinder the 1st week of February.

See ya down the road Lee.

I wanted to send you that picture I took last night on here but it's too big apparently. I will email it to you.

I got it. Thanks

I made it back to the Slabs about noon and am all set up just like I was before I left. I'm still feeling lousy though. I went to happy hour then came home and went to bed for a few hours. That helped a little. I think I'll go to the health clinic in town tomorrow and have them check me over. I enjoyed the stay in Casa Grande with part of our family and will try to get up to Q when that bunch goes up there for the big tent event. However I heard that it was going to be held really late this year like the 29th or something like that. So, I might have to make the Q and Sidewinder meeting all as one trip. And the rest of you better be there to protect yourself. We talked about you a lot in Casa Grande and made plans to really tell some stories about all those that don't make it to Sidewinder the 1st week of February.

I just checked the web site. The big tent show at Quartzsite is January 19th to 27th. Not as late as we thought. That will work better all round.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I just checked the web site. The big tent show at Quartzsite is January 19th to 27th. Not as late as we thought. That will work better all round.

Thanks Doug, That will work better. I could have looked it up but was too lazy. Plus I'm in another toe to toe with Madam Verizon kicking me off line again.

I went to the Medical clinic here in Niland this morning. It was a waste of my time. The doctor said he wanted chest xrays and a TB test. Both of which I have to go to Brawley to have done. I should have just gone to Brawley in the first place. By doing it from here I'll have to wait until next week when I have another appointment to learn anything. I may be either dead or cured by that time. OH well I'm not any worse off than I was before I went to him. This limiting a doctor to a 15 minute appointment period has completely ruined US medicine. Your better off treating yourself and not taking the chance of being subjected to all the germs and viruses you have in a doctors office.

It's a bit on the chilly side here at the slabs however the day times are beautiful but nights are getting a bit nippy. The only trouble I'm sleeping all day and sitting up all night because I can't sleep. I woke up at 3 this morning and started coughing which started my nose to bleed. It was after 5 before I got the bleeding stopped. I had one of those little paper desert bowls full of blood before I finally got it under control. every time I thought I had it stopped I'd try to wipe the blood off my mouth and nose and it would start again. And I was wiping with a wet cloth and very gently. OH well, mayby I should rethink that deal about getting shot by a jealous husband when I'm 150.

Hey Lee --- FWIW, just got abit of a "clue" re. the Verizon; for me, when using VZAccessMgr on the laptop it works for awhile then several hours later, it refuses to stay connected. MY fix was to use the 12v adapter for my CradlePoint Router and it stays connected (more consistently). My next move will be to check for updates to the UML290 (air card) and/or VZAM.

-Don

p.s. We just left Temecula (got a 3-day grand-kids "fix" for that pair), heading to SJC for the rest of Dec & 3-weeks of Jan before heading to Q on 1/21; stopped by Ventura beach (Rincon Hwy) for tonight -- sunny and 65º temps was too nice to pass up; will press on northward in the morning.

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

I went to the Medical clinic here in Niland this morning. It was a waste of my time. The doctor said he wanted chest xrays and a TB test. Both of which I have to go to Brawley to have done. I should have just gone to Brawley in the first place. By doing it from here I'll have to wait until next week when I have another appointment to learn anything. I may be either dead or cured by that time. OH well I'm not any worse off than I was before I went to him. This limiting a doctor to a 15 minute appointment period has completely ruined US medicine. Your better off treating yourself and not taking the chance of being subjected to all the germs and viruses you have in a doctors office.

It's a bit on the chilly side here at the slabs however the day times are beautiful but nights are getting a bit nippy. The only trouble I'm sleeping all day and sitting up all night because I can't sleep. I woke up at 3 this morning and started coughing which started my nose to bleed. It was after 5 before I got the bleeding stopped. I had one of those little paper desert bowls full of blood before I finally got it under control. every time I thought I had it stopped I'd try to wipe the blood off my mouth and nose and it would start again. And I was wiping with a wet cloth and very gently. OH well, mayby I should rethink that deal about getting shot by a jealous husband when I'm 150.

That does not sound good. Don't delay go to Brawley and have done whatever needs doing. We are thinking about you!:(

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Almost sounds the climate has dried you out too much Lee. Feeling listless and having nose bleeds is not a good combination. Tina found out the other day when she didn't have enough on her stomach when she donated blood and passed out. Took until the next day for her to feel better. Are you drinking alot of fluids other than cranberry juice? Go see the doctor like Toni said. See you in Q.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Lee, Do you have a humidifier? Some moisture in the desert air might help. If not, put your tea kettle on the stove frequently and see if that helps. If not, GO TO THE DOCTOR IN BRAWLEY! We want you alive and well for the Q gathering. Where we should all pay attention to how much salt and sugar we are tempting you with. You need to stop being such a nice guy and take care of your health more than our feelings.

Linda

Lee - my 99 year old aunt was having some bad nose bleeds here in Mesa and the nose doctor told her as we get older our skin (even inside our nose) gets thinner and the dry desert air can cause a lot of problems. He gave her a nose pincher (I don't know what else to call it - a piece of plastic that squeezes the nose together) to stop the nose from bleeding. Told her to sit up straight and to spray her nose with a saline solution to keep it moist. Temporary help for you maybe but you need to get to a doctor asap. Please.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com