Classes of 2008 and 2009

Guest coldsmoke

we arrived to new braunfels texas, and were greeted by tina and jeff, meagan and harley. really nice to meet up with friends. looks like we will be staying here for december. it is so quiet here , i had a hard time going to sleep .

rv park looks really nice. huge place.

dang shadowtracks, i have a paint brush, could have done it in a week for you for free.

you all stay safe

mike and deb

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11/30 to 12/2 in Charleston, SC, at the AFB campground to visit out grand daughter. Left the cold of Virginia Beach and heading to warmer weather soon!!! Supposed to be in the 70's the next few days so the jeans and sweaters get folded and put away, hopefully for a long time!!

Jim and Sandie, thinking about you.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We expect to get the itch again soon too, but we're in Nacogdoches, TX until at least the first or 2nd week in Jan, getting our coach painted. Full body paint, paint the roof, new headlights, etc. Won't be able to recognize our rig when they get all done.

We've moved out of the rig into an efficiency apartment that the company (Xtreme Paint and Graphics) provides at no cost, so we're quite comfortable, but it's pretty weird being totally out of the coach. This town has a lot of activities (Xmas season), and we have friends in the area (and Nancy is finding us new friends every day...), so no danger of boredom. Don't think we will get to Q this year, though.

Awesome! We had the end caps painted of our old coach in Georgia and had to stay at a Days Inn and pay for it! We also will be getting a paint job this coming spring in Bremen Indiana at the Precision Painting Factory that originally painted this coach we have now. Glad you are enjoying your time away and will love to see pictures when you get it back. Have a great winter you guys, sorry we won't see you this time.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

This will be short, Verizon is on the war path again. I did a little work today and over did it a bit. Now I'm totally spent and all I want to do is go to bed. Didn't have energy to fix dinner so I went down town to the Buckshot and had a Hamburger Steak. I didn't even take a cowgirl with me. I was too tired to talk to her. The sky is cloudy tonight but it is moderating the temperature and made it nice for sitting outside and just watching the world go by.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

This will be short, Verizon is on the war path again. I did a little work today and over did it a bit. Now I'm totally spent and all I want to do is go to bed. Didn't have energy to fix dinner so I went down town to the Buckshot and had a Hamburger Steak. I didn't even take a cowgirl with me. I was too tired to talk to her. The sky is cloudy tonight but it is moderating the temperature and made it nice for sitting outside and just watching the world go by.

So, does this mean you're still down in the dumps? How can we cheer you up? I don't have any cranberry juice but could get some. I could also try sending it via email or a forum. Not sure it would work but could try. Would that help? :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

So, does this mean you're still down in the dumps? How can we cheer you up? I don't have any cranberry juice but could get some. I could also try sending it via email or a forum. Not sure it would work but could try. Would that help? :D

That might help I've been out of Cranberry Juice for the past two weeks and keep forgetting to replenish the supply. A big plate of Spaghetti might help also. Really I'm OK mentally but I've been doing a lot of work lately and it's got me run down. I just feet tired and worn out most of the time. I walk in the morning but it don't seem to help.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

That might help I've been out of Cranberry Juice for the past two weeks and keep forgetting to replenish the supply. A big plate of Spaghetti might help also. Really I'm OK mentally but I've been doing a lot of work lately and it's got me run down. I just feet tired and worn out most of the time. I walk in the morning but it don't seem to help.

Then, no more work and just a lot of rest along with fun things to do. I'd send you a can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti but don't think that's the kind you're talking about. I bet you have a case of "hitch itch". Maybe it's time for a change of scenery 'cuz that's the only known medicine to cure it. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We have a big doggy bag of spaghetti from Da Boyz in Yuma you are welcome to. Come and get it.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

So happy to be at Rovers' Roost in Casa Grande. Greeted by dozens of friends within the first few minutes and already going to a pot luck tonight with friends Joan and Ken and Linda and Chuck.

Doug's already had the longest shower in 7 months.

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

12/2 to 12/5 in Jacksonville, FL, at the Naval Air Station. In no rush so may drop down to St. Augustine for the day. From running the heat to AC in a matter of hours. Love it! Supposed to be in the 80s the next few days.

Carol

The Simpsons

I feel much better today. I didn't do anything that was anywhere near work. Just fussed with this and that all day. I went to the Buchshot for their Port Roast Special tonight and found they didn't buy the port roast for tonight and only had fried chicken to take it's place. If I can't get pork roast I might just take you up on the Spaghetti. Oh Well, maybe next Sunday. I didn't walk this morning and I think that is important. I'll make sure I get going tomorrow morning and get my walk in early. Verizon is terrible tonight. I've been trying to get on for the past Hour. I managed about 4 times to get onling only to have the signal vanish before I could get to a web site.

Still here in Red Bay, Alabama. They came this morning and took some measurements, so at least we are on somebody's list. :rolleyes: Looks like it is going to be a great day here today with temps in the 70's.

Seems like my light bulbs are picking here to go out. At least the Tiffin store has all kinds, so replacing them will be easy. We are still searching for a recliner to replace the monster we currently have, but none have passed the "sit test" yet. Tiffin has also started an "on site" repair service for minor problems to take some of the pressure off the main shops. I see two tech types just showed up to work on the RV next to us.

We got Carol a new computer, so we are in the process of transferring all of her stuff to it. This process never goes as smoothly as it is supposed to, but the old 2003 computer is on it's last legs so here we go. I might send the old one to IYQ to whittle on!! It might still have a good "flux capacitor" in it. Hmmmmmm

Shadowtracks, glad to see you on here again. I'll bet your new paint will look great. We are going to tour the Tiffin paint shop this week and see how all that "big painting" is done.

Hope everyone has a great day. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I think I'm wasting my time writing this. The Signal comes and goes and is off much more than it is on. I took the last dust storm off my solar panels today and found that I have one panel that is only putting out about half of what it should. That means more troubleshooting and more trying to get into completely inaccessible places. Why can't at least one thing on an RV be easy to get at. Well, not counting my wallet. I had to give all the water James brought me the clorox treatment. It smelled like he got it out of the swamp. 1 teaspoon of clorox to 10 gals of water will at least make it free from living organisms like germs and viruses. I drink Reverse Osmosis filtered water but don't like bathing and doing my dishes in swamp water either.

Edited by IYQ

Finally made it out of Texas. Boy, I travel slow! Am at Dreamcatcher for a couple nights. Need to spend some time reading my vehicle manual. Finally found the windshield wiper control and the hood release. No, not at the same time. I was NOT trying to use my wipers to get rid of an open hood and anyone who says otherwise lies.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We went to a new restaurant for Taco Tuesday today. The beer was good and the taco's tasted ok but they were so small I ate 3 of them in 6 bites. (No my mouth isn't that big) There were 18 of us from the Slab Lows. I don't think we'll be having Taco Tuesday at that place anymore. I went to Brawley this morning about 11 AM for groceries and a few other items at Wally World. There were only two checkout counters open and the place was packed with customers. It took one and a half hours to get checked out. I drove like a maniac trying to get home by 3:30 to go with the gang to Taco Tuesday. I got back just as they were leaving but had to put the parishables away before I could go to the restaurant. They were being served their drinks just as I came in.

I think I'm going to tell James the water guy to come get his tank. The smell of algae is so strong when I run water in my trailer I don't even want to use it for bathing. The clorox treatment calmed it down a bit but not in the hot water tank. I'm going to have to go somewhere I can have a water hookup and sanitize the whole water system. (1/4 cup of clorox to 15 gallons of water) (run all faucets till you smell the clorox. Let set overnight then Drain the whole system the fill and drain again to rinse.) A lot of work but that's the only way I'll feel safe in using my water tanks again. I should have listened to my worries about that when I first contacted the guy. I have enough small tanks to go after water myself and fill it with only two trips. If I look a little green around the gills when you see me next you'll know why.

verizon is slower than Molasses in January tonight. Maybe this will go and maybe it won't. I really didn't do much today. It seems I was busy all day but can't remember what I did. Maybe it's because I was so busy trying to get out of doing things. We had a Pork Roast dinner tonight at the Low Slab. It hit the spot. There was a lot left over so we'll probably get a free meal tomorrow from it. We played 31 tonight. I didn't win a single game. I must be loosing my touch. Or is it that those ladies know more about taking a man's money than I know about taking a woman's Money.

Finally made it out of Texas. Boy, I travel slow! Am at Dreamcatcher for a couple nights. Need to spend some time reading my vehicle manual. Finally found the windshield wiper control and the hood release. No, not at the same time. I was NOT trying to use my wipers to get rid of an open hood and anyone who says otherwise lies.

Linda Sand

Hey Linda - good time to check the fluids but not with the wiper!!! We are at the Benson SKP park site 288. You heading here next?

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

12/5 to 12/9 at Patrick AFB, FL. Just movin' on down the road. Were here before but want to just explore the area and enjoy the beach, maybe visit NASA again. So nice to be in warmer weather!

Carol

The Simpsons

Well, it's been a hard couple of days for us..... the friend with the Brain Tumor passed away last Saturday morning. We got the Ambulance Call, and knowing the address, DH stayed home. It's been kinda sad around here. The family visits and the Funeral yesterday. All in all....he's in a better place and he was fortunate to not have suffered. Passed away at home in his own bed and never missed a day. Just passed quietly in his sleep. Life is too short. Diagnosed in September and gone Dec. 1. So glad we came home when we did and got to see him a few more times. Glad we are all a mobile bunch and get to move about the country. This home visit is soon coming to an end. Just a little over a week and we will be back on the road! Hope this finds everybody well. Looking forward to seeing some of you at least this winter. I feel blessed to have met this group! Party on! :)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well, it's been a hard couple of days for us..... the friend with the Brain Tumor passed away last Saturday morning. We got the Ambulance Call, and knowing the address, DH stayed home. It's been kinda sad around here. The family visits and the Funeral yesterday. All in all....he's in a better place and he was fortunate to not have suffered. Passed away at home in his own bed and never missed a day. Just passed quietly in his sleep. Life is too short. Diagnosed in September and gone Dec. 1. So glad we came home when we did and got to see him a few more times. Glad we are all a mobile bunch and get to move about the country. This home visit is soon coming to an end. Just a little over a week and we will be back on the road! Hope this finds everybody well. Looking forward to seeing some of you at least this winter. I feel blessed to have met this group! Party on! :)

Sorry you are sad.

We can help with that. Jeri and Terry pulled in today. We have back to back sites so that they can go off at Christmas time and leave Duchess at home with us. So Kay, come and stay here for a day or a couple on your way by.

Jeri and Terry took us out to Big Wa for Chinese food tonight. I was disappointed with my dish but only because it wasn't what I expected. The others were very satisfied.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hey Linda - good time to check the fluids but not with the wiper!!! We are at the Benson SKP park site 288. You heading here next?

I would have if I had read this before I settled into the Benson Walmart for the night. :(

OK. Folks. I'm in Arizona and headed through Tucson, Casa Grande, Phoenix, and Q. Who else is in my path and what are we doing about it?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I would have if I had read this before I settled into the Benson Walmart for the night. :(

OK. Folks. I'm in Arizona and headed through Tucson, Casa Grande, Phoenix, and Q. Who else is in my path and what are we doing about it?

Linda

We're in Casa Grande as of today. Come on over!!! :D

Well, it's been a hard couple of days for us..... the friend with the Brain Tumor passed away last Saturday morning.

So, so sorry for your loss of a good friend. As we get older things get harder. Losing friends is one of those very hard things. :(

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Linda

Running to the side to get out of you way!!! Ha!

Foofy, We all feel your pain but I for one will say thank God for the easy exit. It may be a shock to those who are close friends but so much easier for the ailing one. I'm about out of old friends and relation so am so glad to have this new family RV'ers.

I finally got my stinky water problem under control. I gave both my trailer water system and the delivered tank another clorox treatment (1 teaspoon per 10 gals) The water is now clear and the algea smell is gone. I left the cap off the tanks over night so that the remaining clorox would evaporate. So no smell of clorox either.

I finally got my stinky water problem under control. I gave both my trailer water system and the delivered tank another clorox treatment (1 teaspoon per 10 gals) The water is now clear and the algea smell is gone. I left the cap off the tanks over night so that the remaining clorox would evaporate. So no smell of clorox either.

Hurray!! Water that's fit to use. Isn't it wonderful how just those types of things make us happy anymore.

Kay - so sorry to hear about your friend. Jim lost his best friend this year to a sudden heart attack and we know how sad it can be.

Linda - welcome back to AZ.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I haven't been the most vibrant kid on the block today, Not feeling too good and all I wanted to do was sleep. I did lay on the bed most of the day but didn't sleep. This evening I went into town to get some fly swatters for the LOW SLAB and had dinner while I was there. Yes I ate alone tonight. Last night I took two of the gals with me and they insisted in setting there and talking politics. I finally told them if they were going to talk politics I was leaving. They got the idea right fast because they would have had to walk home (21 miles)if I left without them. I think it will be the last time I take those two anywhere. If I knew somewhere I wanted to go I'd hit the road for a couple of weeks and maybe get out of the rut. Right now I can't think of anywhere that would be any different than right here. I've concidered going to Borrego Springs for a week or so but even that don't sound worth the effort.