Classes of 2008 and 2009

Got up early this morning and tiptoed to the Willy Wagon. The car is there. So at least one Williams is in there. Duchess will be delighted. We were great dog sitters but she missing them something awful.

We are hoping that today will be a normal day. A little tv, a little shopping, regular meals and no visiting commitments, either here or there.

We will be leaving in 8 days. Back to Quartzsite. Both of us are looking forward to boondocking.

So glad you are in good hands with that PA, Lee. So glad you made it back to Yuma, Kay and Dan. So glad you are on the move, Steve and Carol. So glad you are home Geri and Terry.

ALL THE BEST IN 2013 - RV Family

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will be leaving in 8 days. Back to Quartzsite. Both of us are looking forward to boondocking.

So glad you are home Jeri and Terry.

ALL THE BEST IN 2013 - RV Family

Toni / Doug -- Again, thank you, thank you. Duchess even thanks you. We did both make it back. There were delays and cancellations. Terry was non-stop from Portland. I grabbed a flight back via Sacramento but both of our flights landed within 15 minutes of each other. We didn't crawl into bed until about 3:30 AM. Thank you for the Christmas gifts!! I love those. You know that too. Maybe you can show me how to make them ??? Maybe?

We have paid until the 6th but doubt we will stay that long. We may move closer to Terry's mom for a few days before we head to "Q" or Parker too.

Steve -- We've stayed at that same park for about a month a couple years ago. The beach in that town is marvelous and the pizza joint has the best pizza ever.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We made it to Mexico Beach, Florida. We are staying for a couple of week in Rustic Sands campground to unwind. Hopefully we will be able to see Mary Jane Finley while we are here. She is supposed to come here tomorrow for a week. Had a pretty good windstorm come through here, but other than making pretty good surf (if you're the surfing type), and a little rain and thunder, it didn't amount to much. They have big pine cones here, and the trees are really tall, so when one of them falls on the roof it feels like it's coming through! Maybe I need a hard hat for this place. It's a nice campground and passport america, so 50% and no limit to the days. Nice The guys that are here say the surf fishing is really good, so maybe I'll check and see what an out of state license will cost me.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and Happy New Year from Carol & I. We hope to run into a few of you guys next year. :D

HAHAHAHAHA I to stayed there for a few days a couple of years back. Met Jeri and Teri there and also met Mary Jane, and Jim and Sandie there. TRUST ME if it rains much there you will be sitting on an Island in the middle of a lake. I have pictures of that very thing there. Had to carry the dog out to muddy ground to take him for a walk. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

HAHAHAHAHA I to stayed there for a few days a couple of years back. Met Jeri and Teri there and also met Mary Jane, and Jim and Sandie there. TRUST ME if it rains much there you will be sitting on an Island in the middle of a lake. I have pictures of that very thing there. Had to carry the dog out to muddy ground to take him for a walk. :lol:

Joe

That is definitely true. I have pictures to prove it. I expected palm trees and beaches. The beach was gorgeous but they had pine trees instead. That wasn't what we expected. Mary Jane knows a lot of folks there since they had stayed at the park when Lee was doing contract work. The only thing we liked about the park were Mary Jane and Lee. They were fantastic people. When hunting season opens you can hear the rifle fire on the pond nearby. At times even that gunfire pinged on a few rooftops at the park. There were a lot of nice places to visit around there. However, the weather is better a little farther south.

Hug MJ for us!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Another trip to town and I now have an ample supply of saline solution and Robitussin. I hope I'm a good doctor because I'm working on a very fussy patient. Still feel good not counting the minor congestion and cough plus stopping every once in a while to clear out my snoz. Welcome back Jeri and Terry and we better watch out Steve is on the prowl again.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Joe

We were lucky when we were there - we parked on the other side of the park which was uphill a little bit so the rain all washed down to Jeri, Terry and Joe. And it was cold when we were there.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We were lucky when we were there - we parked on the other side of the park which was uphill a little bit so the rain all washed down to Jeri, Terry and Joe. And it was cold when we were there.

Oh .. the memories! LOL Linda and Dave were there a bit before us.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I managed to get a little walk in today and I went to Happy Hour. It sure feels good to be mostly back on track.

If you guys like memory lane you should go back and re-read some of our 1st post on this forum.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Here is a post from 2009

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

We're sitting in Camping World's ultra prime RV resort outside of Portland ..... right by their 30 amp plug in!! Whoo hoo! Temperature is pushing 90 so air conditioning is needed. We discovered we couldn't figure out how to get the generator to switch over. It runs fine but nothing in the coach runs off of it. ?????? We haven't needed it before so thank goodness we tried it out in a perfect location. They're going to look at it tomorrow. Sounds like it's not connected in to the coach but don't know what to look for or how to do it. It was serviced and checked out last month. Could they have disconnected something? Hmmmm. We don't know squat and couldn't figure it out by the manual either.

In the past I've had a few problems but I just moved us on the map and it worked fine.

Note: I left the signature line off on purpose

Here is a post from 2009

We're sitting in Camping World's ultra prime RV resort outside of Portland ..... right by their 30 amp plug in!! Whoo hoo! Temperature is pushing 90 so air conditioning is needed. We discovered we couldn't figure out how to get the generator to switch over. It runs fine but nothing in the coach runs off of it. ?????? We haven't needed it before so thank goodness we tried it out in a perfect location. They're going to look at it tomorrow. Sounds like it's not connected in to the coach but don't know what to look for or how to do it. It was serviced and checked out last month. Could they have disconnected something? Hmmmm. We don't know squat and couldn't figure it out by the manual either.

In the past I've had a few problems but I just moved us on the map and it worked fine.

How far we have all come. (signature unnecessary)

So glad you are on the mend!

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Here is a post from 2009

HAHAHAHA I know the details to that exactly. Yep! Generator had been screwed up by another RV repair shop outside of Centralia. Onboard generator did work. The wiring had come loose when serviced and no longer was connected to the coach. Supposedly it was tested -- ha! Instead of changing the oil and filter the previous company had just put it inside. Eventually the first company refunded the fee paid them to service it but it took a year and a half. Won't go there again. No sir. Not ever.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Mike , Deb, and Smokey left this morning for the Houston - Galveston area for a few days before they head west. We're planning to leave 1/2/13 going to Big Bend NP on our way to Arizona. Should be in Q by mid Jan. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Mike , Deb, and Smokey left this morning for the Houston - Galveston area for a few days before they head west. We're planning to leave 1/2/13 going to Big Bend NP on our way to Arizona. Should be in Q by mid Jan. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Sure will be good to see you guys again in Q.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Oh .. the memories! LOL Linda and Dave were there a bit before us.

And it rained. And Dave had a bad head cold so we mostly hunkered down inside. Not one of our better visits but it was good to see Lee & MaryJane.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I feel like I'm back in those early days again trying to learn how to run this rig. Just found out I have a "high idle" switch that I'm supposed to be able to use to do the initial charge of my batteries instead of buying a generator then I can let the solar panels finish them. Sure hope that works.

If so, I'll be able to stay in Q more than a day. Now I just have to figure out which group is going to be where when. It looks like one of my groups is going to be there before the big show so that will be less conflict for me. Now if I could just get down the timing for the other three groups. Are you guys going to be staying after the show? Coming before the show? Only be there during the show? Maybe I should just wait and come to Pilot Knob? Help!

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I feel like I'm back in those early days again trying to learn how to run this rig. Just found out I have a "high idle" switch that I'm supposed to be able to use to do the initial charge of my batteries instead of buying a generator then I can let the solar panels finish them. Sure hope that works.

If so, I'll be able to stay in Q more than a day. Now I just have to figure out which group is going to be where when. It looks like one of my groups is going to be there before the big show so that will be less conflict for me. Now if I could just get down the timing for the other three groups. Are you guys going to be staying after the show? Coming before the show? Only be there during the show? Maybe I should just wait and come to Pilot Knob? Help!

Linda Sand

Well ... you know how well I make plans and how well I stick to them. I'm thinking we'll be in "Q" through the Big Tent. However, we could show up around the 8th or maybe the 14th. That part we're not sure of. Does that help? However, I'm pretty sure we'll stay until the Big Tent is over. Then, we'll head to Yuma. After that we're thinking we'll probably stay a couple weeks at Usery Mountain.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Linda if you're asking me that question you might as well be asking a telephone pole cause all I can say is DAAAAHHHH! If you get a better answer from the telephone post tell me so I can ask it too.

I felt pretty chipper today even took a good walk this morning. I'm still having congestion problems and clogged up nose problems but I'm hoping these antibiotics will take care of them too. And they do seem to be getting less bothersome.

This evening I took the gal that is parked beside me to the Italian place for dinner. Almost back to my old tricks. It sure tasted good for a change. I wish my loosy chef would cook something like that once in a while but when I talk to him in the mirror he just goes DAAAAHHHH

Wanderin

Please leave name and location of that bad RV repair shop, so we can all avoid them.

Sandsys

This will be our first time to Q. Like you there is several groups to see. Not sure how to find any of them. I posted our list of "To see" a while back. Not knowing our way around, I am sure it will be fun finding them. I don't use GPS (to lost, to many dead-ends). We are planning in jello to be there the19 to 27 Jan.

All help excepted with a smile.

There is some people from "The Ranch" going to be there so maybe we can get help finding where we are going.

Happy trails

God bless

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Hey guys - Jim and I plan on going to Q around the 10th. I'm pretty sure Toni and Doug will already be there and maybe they'll have a spot already picked out for us??? As soon as somebody gets settled, they'll post where they are and make it as easy as possible to find us.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

This will be our first time to Q. Like you there is several groups to see. Not sure how to find any of them. I posted our list of "To see" a while back. Not knowing our way around, I am sure it will be fun finding them. I don't use GPS (to lost, to many dead-ends). We are planning in jello to be there the19 to 27 Jan.

A lot of groups tell Denny & Susie Orr where they will be then they pass on that information at the SKP happy hours on Jan 16 & 17 this year. So if you can come a couple days earlier than you planned it might help you find people. The SKP happy hour is always along Kuehn Rd east of Hwy 95 and they put up BIG signs so it is easy to find them. Bring food to share and your own chair, beverage, and tableware.

Linda Sand

Looking at various calendars it looks like my groups are going to be spread out over three weeks. So much for a 2-week pass. Maybe I should just buy an annual so I can stop there whenever I'm passing through any of the BLM areas without having to calculate dates.

Linda

&%#$@#&)(%^%$#@#$^&^%$&^^ Verizon.

I just typed a very long post. Got ready to send it and looked at the icon down in the tray and it said I was still connected. I hit the send button and after a couple seconds the icon showed I'd been disconnected. I tried to do a copy job real fast but just as I hit the ctrl+C the page went blank and I didn't get a copy. Of course it was the best post I've ever written. Very witty and full of good info. You'll have to take my work on that because I ain't going to type it again. Anyway I feel very good today and did a billion little jobs that I had neglected while I was sick. The only trouble is I didn't Accomplish a darn thing. Isn't that what full timing is all about.

We also plan to be in Q from about Jan 13 or 14th - we will likely stay out plomosa road - north side of road at mile marker 3. look forward to seeing everyone - Perhaps a trip to the desert bar????

So, I'm wondering who will be joining us in Yuma that won't be in "Q". It's beginning to look like everyone is showing up in "Q" but maybe not Yuma?????

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

So, I'm wondering who will be joining us in Yuma that won't be in "Q". It's beginning to look like everyone is showing up in "Q" but maybe not Yuma?????

We thought we'd go to Yuma after the rv show with everyone. We've never been there before also thought we might try a dentist across the border. Any referrals? Just need a cleaning for both of us. Later.

Tina and Jeff

A trip to the Desert Bar sounds good too. :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/