Classes of 2008 and 2009

Mike and Deb were at a gun show this weekend in San Antonio so we weent to see them and the show. There was a blood drive going on there so Tina and I decided to do it. We hadn't had lunch but went ahead anyway with the donation. Afterward went inside to see Mike and Deb. Tina sat down for a few minutes because she felt light headed. We started to walk around the show and hadn't walked 100 ft. when she said she felt weird and passed out. I caught her before she crashed and let her down to the floor. Well we spent the next couple of hours with EMTs and back on the blood bus for them to monitor her until she felt well enough to go home. She doesn't remember much. We stopped for a Whataburger on the way home and she rested the rest of the day. She's ok this morning guess we'll do the shopping today we were going to do yesterday.

We plan to leave here after Jan. 1 sometime and go to Big Bend NP on our way to Q. Will be good to see everyone again. I can't believe we've set in one place as long as we have. Safe travels.

Jeff

I had a good friend who has donated for years and years with no problems. Then she donated like always, came back to work and passed out. Scared us all to death. She definitely takes the cookies and orange juice and hangs around the bloodmobile for awhile but hasn't had a problem since. Sure hope Tina is still doing great. Since I have pernicious anemia they don't want my blood. They don't think it's good enough for me so nobody else could use it either. But I really appreciate those who do take the time to donate.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Verizon wants me to go to Casa Grande. I just wrote a long post saying I'd try to get the rig ready and go over there. But when I tried to post it Verizon Ate it and took me off line. Verizon wants me to stay here so she can terrorize me. As you all know I have been feeling down for the past week. The least little activity completely saps me out. Well, Today I have felt a little better but still kind of week. Tomorrow I'll try to get the rig ready for the road by doing a little at a time. If I don't get too winded or cause too many nose bleeds, I'll try to go into town tomorrow afternoon and do my laundry. If that is successful I'll head for Rovers Roost the following morning. I don't have a reservation and don't make them so I hope they have room for me. I need a full hookup site because I have to Sterilize my water system which requires at least two drain jobs and two fill ups. 4 if I follow that up with a baking soda blast to get rid of the clorox smell. I'm using the Sterilization job to justify spending the extra $500 to go over there and back and pay for a weeks rent. I could just use the RV Park here in town but I don't think that would do much scratching of my hitch itch. Any way, Don't expect me until you see me because I have no Idea if I can get the work done to get ready without crashing again. If it proves too much for me I'll just quit and forget about the trip until I feel better.

I should hold out until you guys promise to heat that place up a bit. I've been watching your weater forecast and you stay a good 10 to 15 degrees colder than we are here. Maybe I should bring a cowgirl of two with me.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

well, we finally got a few things on our list done today. We got in the shop this morning and they fixed my loose door latch, front trim around the door (which they had to take the whole door frame loose to replace), and the screen door trim which was falling off. Then they took out the microwave and cut a hole through the bus side wall to install an exhaust vent. Now all the stove exhaust goes outside instead of staying inside and setting off my smoke alarm. Only down side to this fix is not being able to use the smoke alarm to tell when my cooking is done. :lol: Then they removed the kitchen sink, resealed it and replaced the faucet. Everything looks great and we were back in our site at about 4:00. Now if we don't get called in for our "wet bay floor" replacement, we will take it in for new carpet on Thursday. The carpet job should take two days and is sorely needed. I guess we are a messy lot! We've lived in BessyBus for almost 5 years now and she needs a little sprucing up. Looks like we may be here for Christmas, or if not somewhere near here, if we manage to get everything done.

Thunderstorms last night and a welcome rain for the area. All the lakes in this part of the country are way down and I think we saw a few people dancing in the streets this morning. Now tonight it's getting chilly (in the 20's), so I rolled up the water hose for the occasion. Happy Travels Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I don't think Verizon wants me to go to Casa Grande. I just wrote a long post saying I'd try to get the rig ready and go over there. But when I tried to post it Verizon Ate it and took me off line. Verizon wants me to stay here so she can terrorize me. As you all know I have been feeling down for the past week. The least little activity completely saps me out. Well, Today I have felt a little better but still kind of week. Tomorrow I'll try to get the rig ready for the road by doing a little at a time. If I don't get too winded or cause too many nose bleeds, I'll try to go into town tomorrow afternoon and do my laundry. If that is successful I'll head for Rovers Roost the following morning. I don't have a reservation and don't make them so I hope they have room for me. I need a full hookup site because I have to Sterilize my water system which requires at least two drain jobs and two fill ups. 4 if I follow that up with a baking soda blast to get rid of the clorox smell. I'm using the Sterilization job to justify spending the extra $500 to go over there and back and pay for a weeks rent. I could just use the RV Park here in town but I don't think that would do much scratching of my hitch itch. Any way, Don't expect me until you see me because I have no Idea if I can get the work done to get ready without crashing again. If it proves too much for me I'll just quit and forget about the trip until I feel better.

I should hold out until you guys promise to heat that place up a bit. I've been watching your weater forecast and you stay a good 10 to 15 degrees colder than we are here. Maybe I should bring a cowgirl of two with me.

Or, you could just roll this direction and do your laundry here. It's a $1.00 to wash and 25 cents to dry. There are quite a few sites open here now. Don't know which ones are being held for leaseholders or not but just know there are empty ones. So, if we see you Thursday, we see you Thursday? You take care and get to feeling better.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I plan to do my laundry here at Rover's Roost today. I like the prices here and I'm about to run out of clean things. It looks like Lee might be coming so I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I'm extending my time here or not. I hear him about the cost of coming here. It would be cheaper for me to go on to Parker but I sure do like the company here. Dave says I need someone who can lie down on the floor to finish analyzing my solar system and he knows I can't get back up. Although, I could maybe scootch out the back door and use its lip to help me sit up and get up. Still playing everything by ear.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I went to the paint shop this morning to see if I could get an appointment to get the microwave exhaust vent painted. He said "bring it over right now and we'll work you in. Went back, got the MH and when I arrived back at the paint shop they got me right in. Couple of hours later we were done and heading back to our site. One more thing done. Now back in wait mode again. Cold here today, stayed in the high 30's and back in the 20's tonight. Brrrrr must remember to turn the electric blanket on before jumping into bed tonight. Filled up the water tank and rolled up the hoses, so bring on the cold we're ready. We fried burgers tonight and the new stove vent works great. No smoke filled room, but it drove the dogs next door crazy. Ha Ha It's even quieter in the bus when you use it than it used to be. Worth it!! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well I managed to get the trailer ready today. I haven't hooked up yet but that don't take very long. However I did run into a snag. I called Rover's Roost and asked about open sites they said there are a few but only for very short times. I told her that I needed a full hookup site because I had to Sterilize my water system. She Said OH we don't allow that here, We're very short of water. Gees, a 45 gallon capacity tank and they are worried about me running them out of water. Heck a washing machine takes that much. I ask for a Week or maybe two weeks. She said she didn't have any spaces open for more than a couple of days. I decided I'll come over there anyway but it may be for just a couple of days. I'll probably do the water Sterilization anyway and just not tell them about it. It's a little more effort making sure everything goes down the drain instead of out on the ground but it can be done. I'm working on the inside of the trailer tonight and should have it as ready as possible by the time I go to bed. So I'll probably be there sometime in early afternoon. I'll loose an hour going into AZ but I'll start a little earlier to make up for it. Now all I have to worry about is sending this post. Verizon just dropped my signal. Grrrrrr

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Excellent. See you tomorrow. If you talk to them very nicely they might let you have site 59 which would put you behind me and beside Toni. Jeri is beside me and behind Toni. We can have our own little enclave. Just don't arrive after 5 pm. I did and got quite a tongue lashing for it.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Excellent. See you tomorrow. If you talk to them very nicely they might let you have site 59 which would put you behind me and beside Toni. Jeri is beside me and behind Toni. We can have our own little enclave. Just don't arrive after 5 pm. I did and got quite a tongue lashing for it.

Linda Sand

Break out the Cranberry Juice.

I think it depends on who you talk to what you're going to get told around here. Terry and Linda both got a little tongue lashing from one of the managers here. The other one is pretty nice but Toni is the one to help you out. She knows them all and will have the full scoop by the time you get here. That I'm sure about. We'll be in Tempe early as we have a date with Terry's mom but will be back in late afternoon. See you tomorrow!!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Uh oh. I think I better go shopping tomorrow morning as I have no cranberry juice. Nor spaghetti. I think Toni has spaghetti, though. And Jeri probably has some juice, although she's into frozen daiquiris right now. I have some really good grapes, though, which the others will tell you is true as I've been sharing them.

Linda

Well I managed to get the trailer ready today. I haven't hooked up yet but that don't take very long. However I did run into a snag. I called Rover's Roost and asked about open sites they said there are a few but only for very short times. I told her that I needed a full hookup site because I had to Sterilize my water system. She Said OH we don't allow that here, We're very short of water. Gees, a 45 gallon capacity tank and they are worried about me running them out of water. Heck a washing machine takes that much. I ask for a Week or maybe two weeks. She said she didn't have any spaces open for more than a couple of days. I decided I'll come over there anyway but it may be for just a couple of days. I'll probably do the water Sterilization anyway and just not tell them about it. It's a little more effort making sure everything goes down the drain instead of out on the ground but it can be done. I'm working on the inside of the trailer tonight and should have it as ready as possible by the time I go to bed. So I'll probably be there sometime in early afternoon. I'll loose an hour going into AZ but I'll start a little earlier to make up for it. Now all I have to worry about is sending this post. Verizon just dropped my signal. Grrrrrr

Well, with that particular manager I am not sure what I can do. I know that the site beside us is being held because it is the last one big enough for 40 motorhome and the leaseholder is due soon. I will go to the office and see about sites. As for the water - that's crap - she has no right to say that.

Cranberry juice - not us. Spaghetti maybe tomorrow. Today - we will share lemon meringue pie.

See you soon. Drive carefully and take breaks when you need them. Remember the office is closed between noon and 1:00.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Glad Lee made it ok and that everyone is having fun out west. We just made it into Florida and are freazing our toes off. High was 50 today. Yuck.. hope its better tomorrow! Next week its on to Orlando!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Yep I got here. I'm sitting here marveling about the fact that Verizon isn't dropping me off the internet every 5 seconds. I did have a little excitement coming down. After I had passed Yuma I checked the GPS and it said I had 121 miles to go. Then I checked the readout on the truck dash and it said I had enough fuel to go 123 mile. I said to myself "No sweat I'll stop in Gila Bend for gas that's about 50 miles before Casa Grande. When I finally got to the shell station in Gila Bend, I had only enough fuel left to go 2 miles. Boy that is too close for comfort. And there isn't anything between Yuma and Gila Bend not even Jack Rabbits. Oh Well, Toni's Lemon Pie calmed my nerves when I finally got here. That readout on my truck dash was designed by a politician. It lies.

Edited by IYQ

Yep I got here. I'm sitting here marveling about the fact that Verizon isn't dropping me off the internet every 5 seconds. I did have a little excitement coming down. After I had passed Yuma I checked the GPS and it said I had 121 miles to go. Then I checked the readout on the truck dash and it said I had enough fuel to go 123 mile. I said to myself "No sweat I'll stop in Gila Bend for gas that's about 50 miles before Casa Grande. When I finally got to the shell statio n in Gila Bend, I had only enough fuel left to go 2 miles. Boy that is too close for comfort. And there isn't anything between Yuma and Gila Bend not even Jack Rabbits. Oh Well, Toni's Lemon Pie calmed my nerves when I finally got here. That readout on my truck dash was designed by a politician. It lies.

So glad you got there o.k.. Really virtually tasting that pie!! Lemon's my favorite! Glad you can be there in "the fold" for a bit and shake those "blues" and winter yukkies! Don't know our exact route yet.....the weather will dictate that next week. Will let ya all know if we're headed your way. We haven't had enough of the cold yet! Headed to Omaha on Monday. :[ Enjoy!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Buuurrrrrpp, Excuse Me. We all met at Toni and Doug's place tonight for Spaghetti Dinner. Boy was it good. After the main course Toni Said she had two pieces of pie and two flavors of Ice Cream. I opted for pie and everyone else wanted Ice Cream. I got both pieces. You know I think I'll go back to the Slabs and renegotiate this trip. So Far I got two large bottles of Cranberry Juice, Pie for an evening snack, a nice Spaghetti dinner with Two pieces of pie for desert. Man If I knew I was that valuable I'd have held out for the whole pie and a case of Cranberry Juice and Dinner every night. On second though I might still be at the slabs with a sinking water system too. Oh Well, maybe next time.

Uh Oh. Maybe we shouldn't have given you so much up front. You might leave now. :o

Linda

Had to edit--can't type my own name!

Edited by sandsys

I went into the big megalopolis of Casa Grande today to have a nose to nose with Viscous Verizon. I hope she paid attention to me this time. Man people are crawling around that place like a bunch of ants on a piece of candy. If that is what you have to do to be civilized I think I'll go back to the slabs and build a wall around me with all the junk thats every where there. I was here for a while about 4 or 5 years ago. I don't remember this much traffic.

I got my water system all sterilized and things smell sweet and pretty again. Now I think I'll start working on me. That might not be as easy as the swamp water in my fresh tank was. I'll start tomorrow by taking a shower. I hope the mud don't clog up my drains. Then if I have time before we go out I'll hit the laundry. Although it would be easier just to go buy all new clothing.

Terry and Jerry have offered to take us all out to Pizza tomorrow night. Terry says he's paying for it all. Gee, I don't even get the fun of out fumbling him when they bring the check. If I get all spiffed up first, Terry may not think I'm so indigent and take back that offer. I better take it easy on the scrubbing.

We had a pretty good rain this morning. It washed a lot of the SLAB's dirt off my truck but I still have a nice collection of bugs on the front grill.

I went into the big megalopolis of Casa Grande today to have a nose to nose with Viscous Verizon. I hope she paid attention to me this time. Man people are crawling around that place like a bunch of ants on a piece of candy. If that is what you have to do to be civilized I think I'll go back to the slabs and build a wall around me with all the junk thats every where there. I was here for a while about 4 or 5 years ago. I don't remember this much traffic.

I got my water system all sterilized and things smell sweet and pretty again. Now I think I'll start working on me. That might not be as easy as the swamp water in my fresh tank was. I'll start tomorrow by taking a shower. I hope the mud don't clog up my drains. Then if I have time before we go out I'll hit the laundry. Although it would be easier just to go buy all new clothing.

Terry and Jerry have offered to take us all out to Pizza tomorrow night. Terry says he's paying for it all. Gee, I don't even get the fun of out fumbling him when they bring the check. If I get all spiffed up first, Terry may not think I'm so indigent and take back that offer. I better take it easy on the scrubbing.

We had a pretty good rain this morning. It washed a lot of the SLAB's dirt off my truck but I still have a nice collection of bugs on the front grill.

Funny Boy! It took us several hours just to get haircuts today. People were everywhere and most of them were waiting in line for haircuts!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Lee didn't tell you he spent part of the day helping me better understand my solar system. I am now feeling grateful for what I have. Don't get me wrong, I'm still greedy enough to wish I had more but I'm getting a lot of energy for the space I have. He was surprised to learn I can go two nights and the day in between once he realized I have an all electric refrigerator. My next challenge is to learn how long I'll have to run my engine if I want to charge my batteries without actually driving. Can't learn that while plugged in, though, so it will wait until I move on to the desert. Probably going to Q the first part of next week.

Linda

Hey friends - check your profile and your friends. I had a few who are NOT friends. I don't know what they expect to gain but they are "fake". The ones I had were "lonixll" and "akarotai". Notice their SKP #'s are both 12. I saw several of you listed as their friends.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hey friends - check your profile and your friends. I had a few who are NOT friends. I don't know what they expect to gain but they are "fake". The ones I had were "lonixll" and "akarotai". Notice their SKP #'s are both 12. I saw several of you listed as their friends.

Does it do me harm if they list themselves? I've been just ignoring them.

Linda

apparently it does no harm. there have been several threads about it with the moderators. No one seems to have a reason why we should even have a friends list. it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have had several friend requests, but I also had one person who thought I had requested to be their friend, and I hadn't, so, not sure exactly whats going on.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/