Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jerry and Terry, I tried to answer your email but Yahoo wouldn't let me reply for some unknown reason. Any way have you tried RC Solar Electric in Scottsdale AZ just north of Phoenix. Doug Kirkby is his name and his number is 1-480-443-8520. The last time I bought panels he was the cheapest around for American made Panels but that was long ago.

I took one of the cowgirls to town to get supplies for Taco Tuesday today and spent nearly the whole day lugging her around. I enjoyed the day even though I did get a little tired and was forced to take a Steve as soon as I got back home. Madam Verizon hasn't be cooperating tonight so I hope I get this sent.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jerry and Terry, I tried to answer your email but Yahoo wouldn't let me reply for some unknown reason. Any way have you tried RC Solar Electric in Scottsdale AZ just north of Phoenix. Doug Kirkby is his name and his number is 1-480-443-8520. The last time I bought panels he was the cheapest around for American made Panels but that was long ago.

I took one of the cowgirls to town to get supplies for Taco Tuesday today and spent nearly the whole day lugging her around. I enjoyed the day even though I did get a little tired and was forced to take a Steve as soon as I got back home. Madam Verizon hasn't be cooperating tonight so I hope I get this sent.

I certainly know how the internet goes. Sometimes it's perfect and other times not so much. We found Mesa Solar and they also sell solar panels made in Pennsylvania. It's amazing how few solar panels are actually made in the US. Even Kyocera makes them in Mexico except for their 240W. I'm wondering what's made here anymore. We're heading over there in the morning. Thanks!

Rethinking this "Q" thing on Thursday. Has anyone looked at the weather there??? Weatherman is predicting a low of 28 degrees Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. At least that's what the little weatherman in my phone is telling me. It's not going to be warm in Phoenix either but at least the temperature isn't supposed to drop below freezing. Ugh! :(

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I certainly know how the internet goes. Sometimes it's perfect and other times not so much. We found Mesa Solar and they also sell solar panels made in Pennsylvania. It's amazing how few solar panels are actually made in the US. Even Kyocera makes them in Mexico except for their 240W. I'm wondering what's made here anymore. We're heading over there in the morning. Thanks!

Rethinking this "Q" thing on Thursday. Has anyone looked at the weather there??? Weatherman is predicting a low of 28 degrees Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. At least that's what the little weatherman in my phone is telling me. It's not going to be warm in Phoenix either but at least the temperature isn't supposed to drop below freezing. Ugh! :(

I think we will trade the wind for the cold and go anyway. Horrible wind for 2 days.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

[/quo

Guess you should have come East , I don't want to hear it...hee hee

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

It sounds like a pretty good solution. Hope you are having fun, is Dave enjoying the cold and snow alone?!!

Dave had groceries delivered so he wouldn't have to go out in a storm but he is going to lots of model railroad operating sessions so he is happy about that. He occasionally sends me pictures taken from our balcony so I can see what I am missing. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well, we won't have any hookups to freeze. :)

The Van Dwellers group is having a seminar on solar Friday morning. Free. Off Kuehn Rd after the turn south. If I get my furnace fixed I'm thinking about going to it.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Guess you should have come East , I don't want to hear it...hee hee

Well, we had thought that would be the case this winter but Terry's dad changed it.

Well, we won't have any hookups to freeze. :)

The Van Dwellers group is having a seminar on solar Friday morning. Free. Off Kuehn Rd after the turn south. If I get my furnace fixed I'm thinking about going to it.

Linda

Not having hookups when it freezes is a good thing!! Those are the folks who have a similar rig as you .. right? That should be fun for you.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We are in Benson next door to Mike and Deb at San Pedro Resort. Two days ago while 21 miles into a 26 mile Jeep trail ride (Old Ore Road) our Jeep quit. It had taken us over 3 hrs. to get that far and had seen no one else. Luckily we could get cell phone reception standing on a near by hill. Park rangers came to tow us out the last 5 miles ( over an hour). A tow truck came from Marathon, Tx. and took the Jeep back to our rv in the Rio Grande Village campground. Someday we'll go back to finish driving the other trails. The Jeep is at a repair shop here in Benson with an electrical issue and I hope it's fixed by this weekend. Going to Tombstone with Mike and Deb tomorrow. Later. :)

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We are in Benson next door to Mike and Deb at San Pedro Resort. Two days ago while 21 miles into a 26 mile Jeep trail ride (Old Ore Road) our Jeep quit. It had taken us over 3 hrs. to get that far and had seen no one else. Luckily we could get cell phone reception standing on a near by hill. Park rangers came to tow us out the last 5 miles ( over an hour). A tow truck came from Marathon, Tx. and took the Jeep back to our rv in the Rio Grande Village campground. Someday we'll go back to finish driving the other trails. The Jeep is at a repair shop here in Benson with an electrical issue and I hope it's fixed by this weekend. Going to Tombstone with Mike and Deb tomorrow. Later. :)

Tina and Jeff

Oh no! Thank goodness you had cell coverage. That definitely would have been a long walk back. Glad things worked out. Now I hope you get it out of the shop with a very small bill.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I got my truck serviced today and it cost me a little over $500. Tina and Jeff will probably come out cheaper with a repair than I did for just having it serviced. I had the Transmission flushed and the injecters cleaned, Oil and ever filter you can think of changed and the Main "Serpintine" belt changed. My gas mileage has been going from bad to worse lately so now If I keep the truck for another 500 years I should make up the cost with better mileage. The truck has 95K miles on it so this is the last full service it's going to get. Next time I'll just buy a new truck. The first time it leaves me sitting beside the road....it's going to be HISTORY.

It looks like I won't get headed for Q until sometime this weekend. i.e. Sunday or Monday.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

THAT's the thing about 4-wheel drive adventures; you get "lulled into" more remote locations -- it's not that you cannot go there, it's just that it can be more difficult to get out (my son usually says 4-wheel drive gets stuck, too -- the problem is you get stuck so far away from "everything" it's much more expensive --time, money or both-- to get out!)

We might not make it to Q after all; Fannie's got "sister" duties this month --- one of the young-'uns had 2nd hip replaced, it's not going as smoothly as the first,,, doc hit a nerve or two, causing very slow and painful recovery... 6 weeks, so far, and she's still not ambulatory without help!

Whatever happens, we'll visit en route to our Mesa "closet",,, hope to see at least a couple days there.

-Don

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

I've been keeping an eye on the weather and we have decided we're waiting until Friday. If we had been ready, we could have gone today but they're talking 50 mph gusts in the Colorado River basin and along I-10 and I-8 with blowing dust advisories. But Friday looks fine except for cold. So we'll be there Friday.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I've been keeping an eye on the weather and we have decided we're waiting until Friday. If we had been ready, we could have gone today but they're talking 50 mph gusts in the Colorado River basin and along I-10 and I-8 with blowing dust advisories. But Friday looks fine except for cold. So we'll be there Friday.

I just looked at the weather too. At this moment and before they change it, winds are to get stronger in the afternoon. Before noon it's better so if you're heading that way make sure you get planted before that. We'll find you Friday or Saturday or Sunday depending on when we head that way. My brother is driving now from Portland so we may wait and visit a bit with him before we head out.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Its blowing over here in the Florida Keys too. Every day we say we'll put the boat in, and every day the wind kicks up sad.gifAt least the wind keeps the bugs away ( sort of).Sitting here within sight of the ocean does make me realize how much I miss being on the water!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I just looked at the weather too. At this moment and before they change it, winds are to get stronger in the afternoon. Before noon it's better so if you're heading that way make sure you get planted before that. We'll find you Friday or Saturday or Sunday depending on when we head that way. My brother is driving now from Portland so we may wait and visit a bit with him before we head out.

Completely still here in Yuma right now but that could change in a heartbeat. We are leaving really, really early. We will be fine and will post from Quartzsite.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Well, the east is doing pretty good today! We pulled into Tampa yesterday, and had to run the A/C for awhile today. It got up to about 88 degrees, but it was a record I guess. Tonight it is breezy and 60, so that feels pretty good for a change. We went around to some of Carol's old hangouts today, but after a long drive yesterday we didn't get too busy. The Elks club here has about 23 sites with 50A and water with a dump on premises, so it's a good deal, this close to Tampa. We are about 4 miles from the fairgrounds where the big RV show is next week. We did stop at Cedar Key on the way down here and that is a really neat area if you happen by. It's about 20 miles off the main road, but worth it to go check it out. We unloaded the bikes and road all over the place and finally decided on a restaurant that had a great view of the gulf and lots of stone crab legs mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. :P No wind, no gators, and great food.....what can I say!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I took two Cowgirls to the Italian Restaurant tonight. A while back the little gal that waits on us there commented about me always being with a different woman when I came in. I told her it was her duty to tell me which one was my wife because I had forgot. Tonight when she leaned over to place a plate infront of the gals that was sitting close to the wall I whispered in her ear "Is it one of These" She cracked up and had to run into the kitchen until she stopped laughing before she could finish serving our table. Then I told the two cowgirls what the story was and they started laughing. I was afraid they were going to get us all kicked out of the place for disturbing the peace.

I've got most of the things done that need be done before leaving here. Now all I need is a hair cut and some groceries. Then I'll have to make a couple of water runs to fill my water tank before I leave and have all my little water cans full for use at Q. I got the laundry done this morning. Right now I'm shooting for Sunday or Monday. We have 50 MPH wind gust predicted for tomorrow then 4 days of mid 30s at night while Q has 4 days of mid 20's predicted. That extra 10 degrees has me dragging my feet. So it looks like Sunday or Monday is the magic day. I don't plan on doing anything tomorrow in that wind. so I'll get my hair cut Friday and work on the water Saturday. That leaves Saturday afternoon and Sunday to get the rig ready and get on the road. See Y'all when I get there.

I took two Cowgirls to the Italian Restaurant tonight. A while back the little gal that waits on us there commented about me always being with a different woman when I came in. I told her it was her duty to tell me which one was my wife because I had forgot. Tonight when she leaned over to place a plate infront of the gals that was sitting close to the wall I whispered in her ear "Is it one of These" She cracked up and had to run into the kitchen until she stopped laughing before she could finish serving our table. Then I told the two cowgirls what the story was and they started laughing. I was afraid they were going to get us all kicked out of the place for disturbing the peace.

I've got most of the things done that need be done before leaving here. Now all I need is a hair cut and some groceries. Then I'll have to make a couple of water runs to fill my water tank before I leave and have all my little water cans full for use at Q. I got the laundry done this morning. Right now I'm shooting for Sunday or Monday. We have 50 MPH wind gust predicted for tomorrow then 4 days of mid 30s at night while Q has 4 days of mid 20's predicted. That extra 10 degrees has me dragging my feet. So it looks like Sunday or Monday is the magic day. I don't plan on doing anything tomorrow in that wind. so I'll get my hair cut Friday and work on the water Saturday. That leaves Saturday afternoon and Sunday to get the rig ready and get on the road. See Y'all when I get there.

We seem to be dragging more than our feet with that freezing weather too. However, we are anxious to get our first report of the crowds when Toni and Doug arrive today. We're going to pay another couple days since we're due today. Why is it when we want the weatherman to be wrong, he never is. Oh well .....

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We seem to be dragging more than our feet with that freezing weather too. However, we are anxious to get our first report of the crowds when Toni and Doug arrive today. We're going to pay another couple days since we're due today. Why is it when we want the weatherman to be wrong, he never is. Oh well .....

Okay, we are here. We had very little wind on the way up and when we did have wind it was a tailwind.

Of course, Quartzsite is much fuller than last month. Someone is in our spot so we are just beyond it. If you remember where the 2007's had their direction marker, you will see us. Lots of room, along a wash, really nice fire pit. If you need GPS co-ordinates, it will PM them. C'mon down.

Oh, the weather. A little windy, mostly gusts. A little chillier than normal but right now I might have to put the blind down because the sun is too bright in my eyes. We'll see.

PS watch for the brand new bathroom on the side of the road where the outhouse was/is!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

A bathroom? Wow, we are really going upscale. See you tomorrow.

For those of you who want to join up with this fun group, we are at GPS co-ordinates N33.61553 / W114.20173. But don't tell anyone.:lol:

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png