Classes of 2008 and 2009

If you don't have to be an Elk I might use that information tomorrow. Our daughter is driving to Houston this evening and if she doesn't get another load right away (OTR driving) I might drive down to see her. We have neither one seen the other's new rig.

Linda Sand

Linda.....give one of us a call or text message before you pull-up stakes, the CG here at the Elks is currently FULL. I'm not sure if anyone is leaving tomorrow or not. We had to park on one of the 2-gravel sites because the concrete sites were full. I talked to the host and he wasn't sure when anyone was leaving.

Paul 330.933.0100

Marsha 330.933.0690

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linda.....give one of us a call or text message before you pull-up stakes, the CG here at the Elks is currently FULL. I'm not sure if anyone is leaving tomorrow or not. We had to park on one of the 2-gravel sites because the concrete sites were full. I talked to the host and he wasn't sure when anyone was leaving.

Paul 330.933.0100

Marsha 330.933.0690

thanks for the info! We are not Elks...but may look into it when we are looking for a park..... sounds great!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Paul 330.933.0100

Marsha 330.933.0690

Thanks. She called from WalMart and said they're hoping to get another load out. She'll send me an email if they do. If not I may just drive down for the day. Or stay at WalMart. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The Propane company in Brawley said they would be here at 10 this morning to fill anyones rig that wanted it. At 11:30 I called them and ask why they didn't show up. He said the truck broke down but it was OK then and He'd be here in two hours. I had promised the International President I'd take her in to do laundry this morning so I talked to her and she needed Propane so we decided to wait. At Happy hour he had not come yet so at about 10 to 4 PM we decided that he wasn't going to come and went to dinner then to the laundry in Brawley. After dinner while we were driving from the restaurant to the laundry one of the gals here at the slabs called and said the Propane man was there and wanted to know if she should have them fill the Presidents rig. I told them yes and we would reemburse them when we got back to the slabs. It was pitch dark by then. We didn't check the MH LP when we got back so I don't know if they managed to fill it or not. They also ask If I wanted my bottle filled. I told then H NO, I don't trust anyone that stands me up twice and wastes a whole day of my time. I doubt if my words were delivered to the gas man but they sure should have been. And that was my whole day today. Dinner was good.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Imagine our surprise! We drove all the way to the end of the bumpy, bumpy road in front of the Pilot Knob resort and there was NO ONE, not one rig there. At first we thought we would stay anyhow but thought that we would be leaving the rig all alone when we went to town. So we are on the back road. We found three other rigs and joined them. We have a gorgeous spot on the edge with a little mesquite tree, a fire pit and sand. There are 27 channels on the tv (yeah about 10 are Spanish) and three bars on my aircard. We will be here for 2 weeks.

The people from one of the other rigs, also from BC, came over and introduced themselves right away.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Imagine our surprise! We drove all the way to the end of the bumpy, bumpy road in front of the Pilot Knob resort and there was NO ONE, not one rig there. At first we thought we would stay anyhow but thought that we would be leaving the rig all alone when we went to town. So we are on the back road. We found three other rigs and joined them. We have a gorgeous spot on the edge with a little mesquite tree, a fire pit and sand. There are 27 channels on the tv (yeah about 10 are Spanish) and three bars on my aircard. We will be here for 2 weeks.

The people from one of the other rigs, also from BC, came over and introduced themselves right away.

Glad you are situated and safe! Nice that you have contact service too! Wish we were there, but we still have Thanksgiving and our Christmas celebration and then we will head to South Dakota for Danny to renew his license, since that date didn't fall when we were there! THEN we will head south.... now my objective will be to get up to S.Dak and back out minus a blizzard! Have fun. Did you find a White Sheet? DH suggested Circle K.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Didn't go to Houston. Daughter got a load headed for Virginia so would be gone before I could get there. My neighbor and I are headed over to the activity center to play cribbage and sign up for Thanksgiving dinner.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Glad you are situated and safe! Nice that you have contact service too! Wish we were there, but we still have Thanksgiving and our Christmas celebration and then we will head to South Dakota for Danny to renew his license, since that date didn't fall when we were there! THEN we will head south.... now my objective will be to get up to S.Dak and back out minus a blizzard! Have fun. Did you find a White Sheet? DH suggested Circle K.

Funny I had never noticed the White Sheets. Very next day we went to the laundromat in Quartzsite and there they were.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I drove into Brawley this morning to get groceries at Wallly World. I wanted to do a few other things and every place I went to was closed. I thought they were closed because I was too early. After wasting a hour or so I went back to the same places. Still Closed then it dawned on me. It's Sunday. Oh the problems of full timing. Why do they have to stick Sundays and Holidays in there just to confuse me. The Gang here had a Burn your own meat dinner tonight so I went to the Buckshot in Niland and had a Pork Roast. Yummy. I even convinced a cowgirl to go with me. Tomorrow I have to take the Slab Low President into Brawley to get the rest of the stuff she needs for Thanksgiving Dinner. She'll probably run my leg off. After that I'll probably have to haul my trailer down to the Rest Area to dump the tanks. It's been 3 weeks so they are about as full and I'm going to be able to get them.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

A busy day today, Early this morning I took the Slab Low President to the Von's grocery in Brawley. When I got back to the Slabs I loaded up my LP tank and went to the Niland Gas Station to fill that and get another 7 gal can of water. I called James the Water Guy and ask him to come fill my Fresh tank. He said he'd be here as soon as the truck got back from Brawley. I waited. "Happy Hour" no water yet. So I went to Happy hour. After I got back I checked to see if there were any new tire tracks in my drive. Nope. I checked the Fresh water tank. Empty. OK, another wasted afternoon waiting on people that say they'll be right here and never come. I'm beginning to think I should change my deorderant or something. I'll call him again in the morning and if he don't get here withing an hour I'll cross him off my list of trusted venders and alter the words I tell new arrivals about him. They ain't going to be nice. We picked up a bunch of new arrivals today. The place is looking more like normal for this time of year. We'll loose some after the Thanksgiving dinner but I hope we keep a good share of them. Tomorrow Is Dump day. Not the happiest of thoughts.

Well James was here with water at 7:30 this morning. He must have read my post last night. Now I have plenty of water he even left a stand for a 100 gallon tank which he said he'll bring just as soon as he gets the truck back from replacing a ball joint. The front wheels did look a little goofy. Now seeing the tank in position with water in it will be the final test. Nothing at the slabs moves on schedule. They all must be full timers. About all I got done to day was a trip to the dump then this evening I took Two of the Cowgirls to the Italian Restaurant for dinner. I might survive now.

Well James was here with water at 7:30 this morning. He must have read my post last night. Now I have plenty of water he even left a stand for a 100 gallon tank which he said he'll bring just as soon as he gets the truck back from replacing a ball joint. The front wheels did look a little goofy. Now seeing the tank in position with water in it will be the final test. Nothing at the slabs moves on schedule. They all must be full timers. About all I got done to day was a trip to the dump then this evening I took Two of the Cowgirls to the Italian Restaurant for dinner. I might survive now.

Thought about you watching the news last night and they had a piece about a Central Nebraska Wood Carvers Club.... they meet twice a month and they are having a showing! Very interesting pieces. Have never heard about it before....

Be careful! One of these days you're gonna be singin' "Dat's Amore'!" :} Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Jim's surgery went well. They kept him but I get to bring him home in the morning. Hopefully this is our last surgery this year. The oncologist gave us good news and we don't have to see him for three more months. Hope everyone has a wonderful, Happy Thanksgiving.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Be careful! One of these days you're gonna be singin' "Dat's Amore'!" :} Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving

Haven't you heard, I don't have a heart and don't want one. Hearts are always getting stolen or they attack you or someone breaks it or it cheats you and people even steal them. So No heart for me and "Thats Amore", I'll leave up to Dean Martin.

I'm all ready for Thanks Giving Dinner tomorrow and hope that all of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Jim's surgery went well. They kept him but I get to bring him home in the morning. Hopefully this is our last surgery this year. The oncologist gave us good news and we don't have to see him for three more months. Hope everyone has a wonderful, Happy Thanksgiving.

So happy Jim's surgery went well. Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Escapee friends. Hopefully next year we will be out west for Thanksgiving!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from Steve & Carol.

Jim, glad your surgery went well, happy recovery!!

Just took an apple pie out of the oven, looked out the door and there is a line of people with plates. Maybe I should have kept the windows shut while it cooked. Hmmmmmm :o

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I have one thing to say about Thanksgiving. "Burppppppp"

Yes and add a thanks for Jims successful operation. and for myself I give thanks that I'm the proud owner of a goffer Hole so I don't have to pull my trailer down to the dump station anymore. Bird, the Goffer Hole guy came and burried a tank today right after I had Thanksgiving dinner over at the Low Slab. He worked a little late and was past the time that he could go to the Oasis for supper. So I offered to take him into town to the Buckshot restaurant. The Buckshot was closed so I drove to Calapatria. All 3 restaurants there were closed so I went on to Brawley and everything there was closed. As a last resort I went to Wal-Mart hoping the Subway was open. Nope. So I had him pick out what he wanted to eat from the counter that has the cooked chicken. We both got a box of chicken and headed back to the Slabs. So Now I owe bird a good dinner. I told him to drop by and I'd take him to the Buckshot when ever he wanted and offered Sunday as a good time to go. They have Pork Roast on Sunday. Now all I need is for James to finish putting up the water tank and fill it. Just like down town.

Hurray, for you & Jim -- he's been in our thoughts & prayers thru all these episodes... and, now, into recovery (and rehab?).

We stopped by Sumpter for a one-day visit, had 8 tables of 10 for dinner today; will miss left-overs pot-luck tomorrow, as we are short on time and long on miles & 5 more stops needed between here and Calif for Christmas!

Safe travels, to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Ok...so it's the morning after.....I'm the proud owner of sore feet and dishpan hands...all in all the dinner was chaotic but a success! I'm thankful it's over! But now on to the good stuff. I'm very thankful to have met and call you all friends. Thankful that Jim is through his latest and hopefully last surgery! Thankful that IYQ has Tanks and No Heart! Thankful that I didn't choose to be in a nice warm room and not out shopping with millions of crazy people! Also thankful for no snow yet...YET being the operational word, it's coming this weekend I think. We are having a great vacation from our RV life, but the hitch itch is starting. Our Christmas Celebration is on December 1st and we will do all this craziness again, our gift this year will be family pictures on that day. Time to go and break out the left overs.... Nebraska football starts at 11 am! GO BIG RED! Here's hoping we see you all again this year!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

That is great news. Still thinking of you.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, we did. Not doing any black Friday shopping though, going racing instead today and tomorrow. Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Guest coldsmoke

That is great news. Still thinking of you.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, we did. Not doing any black Friday shopping though, going racing instead today and tomorrow. Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

we are headed your way on monday or tuesday. any spots open at the park you are in, what are the rates there. we may just try to stay at lackland afb .if they have openings

mike and deb and smokey

Seams I was on the go all day but can't remember what I was doing. One thing I remember is camoflaging the goffer hole a bit. I'm going to make a sun dial so that one of the rocks that designate an hour is also the stopper for the drain hole. I also painted some rocks different bright colors to line the area I park in. It's just one straight line going directly east and west along the driver's side of my trailer. It's kinda pretty. But where the rest of the day went I don't know. Maybe I should get a life but I don't think Wal-Mart carries them.