Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

Hello Class of 2013! We've been in the planning stage for a long time. Bought our truck and fifth wheel over the past year or so and, like so many others, are getting the house ready for sale. Target date to hit the road is Spring of 2013 (April/May?), so I guess that makes us part of class of 2013! In the meantime, we're going to the Escapade and Boot Camp this year. Will any of you be there? Might be a good opportunity to do a trial cross country run before going full time. Sound off if we'll see you at the Sept. 2012 Escapade.

Happy trails!

Dottie & Bob Repka

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2006 Volvo 780, Ultrashift

2014 Smart Car on deck

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Class of 2013! We've been in the planning stage for a long time. Bought our truck and fifth wheel over the past year or so and, like so many others, are getting the house ready for sale. Target date to hit the road is Spring of 2013 (April/May?), so I guess that makes us part of class of 2013! In the meantime, we're going to the Escapade and Boot Camp this year. Will any of you be there? Might be a good opportunity to do a trial cross country run before going full time. Sound off if we'll see you at the Sept. 2012 Escapade.

Happy trails!

Dottie & Bob Repka

Hi classmates. We went to the Boot Camp in Congress this year. Had a great time and picked up a lot of good info.

• 1 month later...

Add Cill and I to the Class of 2013. We hope to be on the road no later than June of 2013. We are in the process of getting our house ready to go on the market hopefully by the end of August. We have our TV and plan on buying an Alpine 3450RL when the house sells or no later than May 2013. Looking forward to seeing this "Great Country" that we both served at our own pace.

Steve & Priscilla

Class of 2013

2012 F350 Lariat CC FX4

Frank and I are aiming at March or April 2013. First garage sale in December, second one in March and then we'll hit the road. We are renters, so no home to sell. Just foot loose and fancy free!! Really looking forward to it and as the time approaches, we are sure we'll have loads of questions. Spending most of our time now updating our home-to-be.

Frank and Linda Z

1994 Rexhall Aerbus

And a passel of whippets

1994 Rexhall Aerbus

Add Cill and I to the Class of 2013. We hope to be on the road no later than June of 2013. We are in the process of getting our house ready to go on the market hopefully by the end of August. We have our TV and plan on buying an Alpine 3450RL when the house sells or no later than May 2013. Looking forward to seeing this "Great Country" that we both served at our own pace.

Good luck with the house sale. We just did another round of "THIS WON'T FIT IN THE MOTORHOME". Sent a bunk of stuff to the DD to include in her yard sale.

I placed you on the 2013 Map.

Anyone else that would like to be on the map just send me a PM with the info you would like included.

I haven't posted much, not sure if I can get away in 2013. 08/01/13 is the absolute earliest I can go. I thought I'd wait until 2014, but the house is getting to be too much work and work is getting to be too much work too!:lol: Everytime I step foot in my almost vintage motorhome I am happy. Hope to see you on the road. LG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to the class of 2013. My launch date is may24. It sounds silly now, but I was mad at myself for buying my rig so early (feb 2012) before I was ready to leave. After lurking for a few months, I am so thankful I bought way, way, way before I was leaving. I am busy making over the coach to better suit us and although I am more like the ten than a jack of all trades, I am handy enough to scrape by on most things. Having said that, wow, I feel lost when it comes to this lifestyle. The last time I camped was in a homemade pop-riveted pop up my dad built in the back yard . Good times. Anyway, frank and laurel hope to see you all on the road very soon.

06 Fleetwood Bounder dp 34h. Dragging around a 00" JGC 4wd

Hello to the class of 2013. My launch date is may24. It sounds silly now, but I was mad at myself for buying my rig so early (feb 2012) before I was ready to leave. After lurking for a few months, I am so thankful I bought way, way, way before I was leaving. I am busy making over the coach to better suit us and although I am more like the ten than a jack of all trades, I am handy enough to scrape by on most things. Having said that, wow, I feel lost when it comes to this lifestyle. The last time I camped was in a homemade pop-riveted pop up my dad built in the back yard . Good times. Anyway, frank and laurel hope to see you all on the road very soon.

Welcome classmates! Sounds like you are on track.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

It has been months since I have viewed the Forum.

I retired in March of this year and sold my Class C last week.

We are getting ready to go to the Hershey RV Show next month, there may be a new RV with my name on it.

I am glad the Class of 2013 continues to grow.

DAVID B :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! We are sitting stationary right now for the next year in a campground. It is near my partners work until they retire early. Hopefully in August 2013. So in a way I'm full time but not on the road yet...

:rolleyes:Kelly

I thought "Full Time" meant living full time in your RV. Traveling is not a consideration...I thought!

So by definition you are full time now.

I am envious.

Aloha 2013 class!

Robin and I are joining your ranks! We have been focused on being in the class of 2014 for some time now. Thanks to a couple of different variables we are going to pull the trigger a little sooner than originally planned. It looks like everything is in place for us to hit the road for good in April of 2013. We can't wait! We will be watching this thread closely. I look forward to meeting you all when we finally make it out there!

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

After talking about it and researching for the last 2 years we finally broke down and left the Hershey show with a new motor home. Now if we can just sell our house, we will be on schedule to get on the road in August 2013. Needless to say, we are a little nervous, but excited.

I would like to be part of the class of 2013. Perhaps it will have to be as a "part timer" because as I look around and see all the stuff my husband would have to get rid of if we went full time, I know it will never happen. So, part time it will have to be. With any luck 2013 will be the year we spend more than 5 days in the RV we have owned for 11 years. That one 5 day trip was in 2002 and it rained the whole time!

I would like to be part of the class of 2013. Perhaps it will have to be as a "part timer" because as I look around and see all the stuff my husband would have to get rid of if we went full time, I know it will never happen. So, part time it will have to be. With any luck 2013 will be the year we spend more than 5 days in the RV we have owned for 11 years. That one 5 day trip was in 2002 and it rained the whole time!

I don't know what the criteria is for your class status and don't really care. If you feel your are class 2013 all I can say is welcome classmate! I understand the overwhelming feeling of getting rid of "STUFF". We plan a large yard sale as soon as we get back from a almost 4 week trip.

When that is done, we have a few small protects and then we invite the Realtor in for an analysis and hopefully a "for sale" sign.

I hope 2013 is the year you get to spend as much time as you want on the road.

We started the year in the class of 2012 but I'm transferring us to class of 2013. Main reason for this move is that we are still waiting for the house to sell. Even if it does, I probably can't retire and hit the road until next year. But we do have the new F250 and got our Arctic Fox TT in May. We have been out in it a number of times and it already feels like our home away from the house.

Hope to see many of you on the road next year.

Shirley & Neil
F350 and 2015 Open Range Light 318RLS
Winston, 2008 Cardigan Welsh Corgi and Nellie, 2010 Scottish Terrier

I guess you could consider my wife & I as part of the Class of 2013... This is actually a year or two earlier than we planned, but I am an elected guy, and my term is up in November, and I decided to just 'not run again', so I officially retire in November, and my wife in December. Besides that, we ain't getting any younger!

We bought our Motorhome two weeks ago, and bought the toad three weeks ago. We have rented out the house effective Jan 1, 2013... We plan on being in Q right after (or during) the RV Bootcamp in AZ. So as of 1st week of January 2013, we be part of the Class of 2013!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

We joined Escapees in April, but we were not sure which year we could make our goal. Well, looks like 2012 is our year! Once we made our decision there was no stopping us! We have given most of our furniture to our children and all of our treasures now belong to them. Our house was listed a week ago and we have someone interested all ready. Danny is finishing a school gym and library he has built and will finish in about a month. I will work until our home is sold. We have our fifth wheel picked out and we are so excited we can hardly contain ourselves. Thanks to all the wonderful discussions on this forum we have learned so much about our new lifestyle to come. I look forward to meeting my new friends on the road!

Archived