Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

I was wondering if this economy has caused 2013'ers to reconsider their target date.

Yep. Originally we were class of 2016, but after checking with financial planner, we moved up . . . as long as our house sells in 2013. We'll see.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OK 2013ers!! We survived our maiden voyage. The Dodge is getting a few upgrades. We are itching for our next shake-down trip.

We want to be in Washington DC for the MArtin Luther King Jr Memorial dedication August 28.

We have also made plans for Christmas in NEW ORLEANS...December 20 through the 27 at the KOA West.

What are you doing for Christmas?

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

OK 2013ers!! We survived our maiden voyage. The Dodge is getting a few upgrades. We are itching for our next shake-down trip.

We want to be in Washington DC for the MArtin Luther King Jr Memorial dedication August 28.

We have also made plans for Christmas in NEW ORLEANS...December 20 through the 27 at the KOA West.

What are you doing for Christmas?

Glad to here you made it back safely. Good luck with your upgrades. Our next trip will be to the Escapee's Boot Camp in February.

Blue Road Blogger, I've enjoyed following your maiden voyage blog. Sounded like a great adventure, with some hiccups along the way, but all accepted with a great attitude. We're still in Costa Rica and expect to be here for Christmas, but that could change if someone decides to buy our home. I'll be making a trip back to NC to visit my family in late November or early December, however. Are you planning to drive your MH to the DC area?

Bob, Janice & Guinness

40' 2001 DS Monaco Executive, towing 2009 Saturn Vue

We would probably just take the car. The dedication is Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and we have to be back in NC to work Monday morning.

Yes the maiden voyage was great. Along the way you ask yourself silly questions, but you always realize that the hiccups make memorable moments when it is all said and done.

Tim and Mary

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

• 3 weeks later...

This down time is killin' us... :wacko:

We are way too busy doing everthing but being on the road. Mary is finshing another on line class for grant writing. I am investigating copywriting and genre writing.

We are still expecting to be in Washington DC for the MLK Memorial reveal on the 28th. The Dodge has a new dash and next week we are replacing the lift pump (aka fuel pump).

Christmas is booked in NOLA. We have our agenda for June 2012---> North then westward to at least Mt. Rushmore. But what about spring / Easter week?

SHIRLEY, Someone, somewhere will be on the road? We are eager to grill a few red dogs or S'mores......:P

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Knock Knock 13 ers. Can we come play. DW and I have been locked on 2014 until today. Now it's late 2013. Is it too late or can we get an honorary membership in the class of 2013?

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hi Lisa and Greg,

Welcome!! Glad that you have been able to move your date up!

We moved over to the '13ers as well. rolleyes.gif We have accelerated our plan as much as possible now! We bought our truck and fiver, and recently took a 5 day trip to Lake George which was wonderful.

I haven't been on the forum too much this summer, because we have been working so much on the house. We hope to have most of the improvements done by the end of this year, so that next year we can relax a bit more and enjoy the short summer season.

Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD

2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore

www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

Welcome fellow 2013'ers. Glad to see more people planning to step out in 2013. For anyone who is interested, I have put together a google map showing fellow classmates. It is currently static, but as everyone starts their travels we can change it to allow everyone to update their locations so we can follow each others progress and maybe even meet up on the road.

2013 MAP

Anyone who would like to be included on this map can PM me with the info they would like to be included on the map.

Happy travels!

Archer. Thanks for the map. I pm'd you with our location. Glad to be a 13'er cause we all know what that meens. Leaving this Friday for the pan handle of Texas. Going to see friends for a week.

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Still making preparations for an early 2013 launch. Recently got a laptop to replace an old desktop which should work better on the road. Getting needed dental work done and replacing glasses while insurance covers most of it. Will continue getting the house ready to put on the market next year. Hopefully the plan will come together and my full-timing dream will become reality. Best wishes to all 2013 class mates in achieving their goals.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

Just PM'ed Archer requesting to be added to the map.

Yep, 30 June 2013 will be the last day of work. This will be my 2nd retirement, 1st one was after 23 years in the Army. 2013 will be the DW's 1st.

Bottom line, 1 July 2013 will be a great day for both of us.

We've seen most of the world, quite a bit of it 2 or 3 times. This time we are going to see America.

God bless us all.

Rick and Tamara

Rick

US Army 5th SFG (Retired)

"To Liberate the Oppressed"

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, a cigar in one hand, a whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a helluva ride!!"

Just PM'ed Archer requesting to be added to the map.

Yep, 30 June 2013 will be the last day of work. This will be my 2nd retirement, 1st one was after 23 years in the Army. 2013 will be the DW's 1st.

Bottom line, 1 July 2013 will be a great day for both of us.

We've seen most of the world, quite a bit of it 2 or 3 times. This time we are going to see America.

God bless us all.

Rick and Tamara

Congrats and welcome classmate! You are on the map.

Safe travels!

Have you heard the rule. Be to the RV park by 3 Pm or don't go more than 300 miles per day. Well, we just broke all the rules. Started out yesterday and decided we would leave Southeast Missouri and go to Mobile, Alabama. Our nephew plays soccer for Lee University in Tennessee and will/is playing two games in the Mobile area this weekend. Stayed in a secure rest area south of Memphis last night. Left there at 0700 this morning and got to Spring Hill University in Mobile at 1530. Didn't have directions to the soccer field but that's what smart phone are for, right. Made a few turns and got on some not so wide, extrememly busy residential streets working our way to the University. We are a 38' pusher, wide body, pulling a Jeep Wrangler towed. Needless to say, there were some tight 90 degree turns, and we went past THREE schools that were letting out right then. Good Grief. Used the smart phone to get us in the neighborhood of the soccer field, then found a beautiful parking lot that was nearly empty. Turns out you could see the soccer field from there. Our team won and our nephew got to play, which is big because he is a freshman. So we left at 1900 on the same little streets, then Interstate and US highway headed for Gulf Shores to an RV park. Well, traffic is ugly on a Friday night in Gulf Shores. and we were using ALL Stays I-phone app to direct us to the campground. I called the campground and the nice lady said she was on the intercoastal canal. Well we were coming up to the bridge and All Stays had us going over the bridge and away from the intercoastal. That was obviously not right. So I got on the web site to the campground and found I was to turn before the bridge, so I did. Then the nice lady calls me back, and too late, we were past the turn off to the campground and on a narrow two lane county road. So we found a well light drive way long enough to nearly get off the road. Jumped out and unhooked the toad, then went back to the camp ground. The nice lady told me to just pull in and I would see trailers on the right and pull in next to them. It was dark, no lights, I was tired, it was 1900 hours, fourteen hours after we started this morning, so I missed the turn. Then the nice lady's son came out of the trailer and got in with me to park. So he wanted to put me in a site the wrong way, and the hook ups would have been wrong. So we got that straight, then he opened the door and the two dogs, who were ready to get out neadless to say, hit the door running and found a rabbit to chase. So it took a few minutes and shouting to get them back. So now I know why it's 3 PM or 300 miles. Campgounds are not set up for late arrival, and if it can happen it will. We made it, we have our dogs, and nothing got broke. It was a good day aftert all and it sure beats the heck out of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa and Greg Kenley

I have been lurking for quite awhile. I hope to leave out in 2013, depending, of course, on the house selling. The problem is that I'd rather think about the future and search for a TT and TV than work on getting the house ready to sell! I bought a fixer at the height of the market in 2005 and once I got it insulated and the furnace then the AC installed I relaxed and haven't stayed on top of the other things I intended to do.

Traveling the country, stopping to work when necessary, was a dream of mine at age 18. Needless to say that was a loooong time ago. The DH wasn't interested. He's a soon-to-be DXH so now he doesn't have much say in the matter. Except that I have committed to helping him fix up and sell the house we own together. It's exhausting thinking about it!

I had been worried that folks at work would find out about my plans and that it might cause me problems there, but no one else seems interested in the lifestyle so hope they're not frequenting the same internet spots as me.

I'm a 2013er who had better get busy! I can't wait to get out there. The possibilities seem endless!

• 4 weeks later...

If any of your class is already on the road and will be in or near Quartzsite Arizona the "Classof 2007"is sponsering an informal gathering in Jan of 2012. This is not a bit organized rally but rather a reunion of friends old & new.

Here is the link:

Gathering in Q

If you intend to join us please post your intention on the linked thread and send me a PM with your e-mail address. We will love having you.

Linda ( the official class of 07 Room Mother)

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I was wondering if this economy has caused 2013'ers to reconsider their target date.

It has definitely impacted us. Not nearly as much money in the nest egg as expected at this point or equity in the house. We still plan to hit the road July, 2013. Just feeling a little less comfortable.

We hope we can make up some of the loss over the next 2 1/2 years.

2013 - Sound Off - Have your plans survived????

Hi all

Just got signed up and this is my first post.

The wife and I were planning to go fulltiming on June 2012 but I changed the date to June 2013. I can tell you that the wife was not happy.

We have been RVing for 6 years and have a great time when ever we are out. We are truly lookng forward to the time that we can go fulltime. We have been selling off everything and I have been looking at all the fulltime budgets that I can find. I think my budget will work and if it doesn't we can workcamp. You can add me to the class of 2013.

Hi all

Just got signed up and this is my first post.

The wife and I were planning to go fulltiming on June 2012 but I changed the date to June 2013. I can tell you that the wife was not happy.

We have been RVing for 6 years and have a great time when ever we are out. We are truly lookng forward to the time that we can go fulltime. We have been selling off everything and I have been looking at all the fulltime budgets that I can find. I think my budget will work and if it doesn't we can workcamp. You can add me to the class of 2013.

Welcome classmate! Our class is slowing growing. We plan to be out in July of 2013 and are currently getting rid of 35 years of accumulations. House goes on the market soon.

I put together a 2013 class map HERE. If you would like to be on the map send me a message with the info you would like included and I will put you on the map.

Archived