Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

David .. it was so very nice to meet you this afternoon. I hate we barely missed Judi, but we will definitely catch up with you two again during our stay here!

We made it back to Livingston to volunteer at CARE for the month of December. We met Ron and Sandi shortly after we arrived and visited at lunch today. They were supposed to be off today but got called in to take a resident to a therapy appointment.

When we arrived the maintenance manager took us to look at a couple of sites we could stay in and David noticed a guy working on something nearby. The maintenance manager said it was the sewer system and they were having trouble figuring it out. Well don't you know David just had to jump right in to help - we finally got the trailer set an hour or so later. I guess you can't keep a good man retired! :lol:

We're in space 28 at the end of the road next to the Care building. If you're in the area, come & see us.

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud owners of 2 new Polk County Class B drivers' licenses :D

The test was just as described for me, including that hard right turn downtown on Church Street but we left early enough for the test for me to have a practice run at it first. Can't believe they didn't make George, but he actually had to merge onto I-59 (not just the feeder road) instead of the hard right turn downtown.

Either way we are pretty happy that we are completely legal, for our coach, on all fronts now & are safely tucked away back in our site, awaiting happy hour with friends who invited us down to their coach to celebrate our passing the tests. Sooooo glad all that's over & now I can just relax & continue building my confidence through more seat time in the coming months/years.

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Congrats on the new status!….Kellie and George….

Its cold here in Raccoon Valley…SKP park

I am going to try to figure out how to maintain Tennessee as home….

just a few more boxes left in house….then head somewhere not too warm…but, not as cold

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

Going to be tough to leave these mid and upper 70's of Florida to drive the car back to the upper midwest (Indiana, Michigan and Ohio) for the second half of December ohmy.gif, but at least the forecast is not for bitter cold unsure.gif. But it will be great to see the families.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone!

This class has been totally silent for too long. We've been busy volunteering here at the CARE Center. Weather has been cold and wet so we're looking forward to heading toward the Gulf Coast the first of the year. We'll be at Goose Island State Park near Corpus Christi from Jan 2-7.

David's Christmas wish was for a dog - so we went to the SPCA here in Livingston and found a 13" Beagle that had been fostered by one of the ladies at the SPCA. Callie is 18 months old, crate trained, housebroken, neutered, has all her shots and has been microchipped - David called her a turnkey dog - and she's very friendly with people and other dogs. So David got his Christmas wish granted a few days early. We're getting a lot more exercise now and that's a good thing. Because we're volunteering here, we've had to leave her in her crate for up to 4 hours and she hasn't barked or bayed while we've been gone. And we don't hear a peep out of her all night - even the night it thundered and lightninged (is that word?).

Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season wherever you are!

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

Congrats on your new bundle of joy. They will add peace, joy and love to your life. Also chaos and laughter sometimes. I'm glad to know that places will adopt out to fulltimers, as we lost our oldest doxie in August and are starting to think of getting another companion for Riley who is 12 1/2. As many require a fenced yard, I wasn't sure we could adopt again. We do always adopt or give a home to a dog in need. Glad you have joined many of us as a doggie mom & dad. Merry Christmas!

Pete & Pat

Pat DeJong

Class of 2011 has officially graduated!!! Welcome to 2012 - Happy New Year everyone. Looking forward to all the new year has to bring to us in our travels. Hope yours are just as fun, exciting and adventuresome as ours will be.

Yes, it has been a momentous year for all members of our class! Congratulations and a Happy New Year of travels for all.

And when I was watching the Weather Channel this morning and heard the forecast of blizzard conditions in parts of Michigan, I sure new I was in the right place here in Florida wink.gif.

Finished our 30 days of volunteering at CARE in Livingston--we worked in maintenance-they use volunteers in maintenance and in kitchen--driving residents to appointments--etc.--good place to help--but we were ready to move on. Weather was cold and rainy for 3 plus weeks while we were there. It was fun being there for Christmas and New Years.

We're now at Goose Island State Park outside of Rockport for 5 days--our trailer is about 40 feet from Aransos Bay--we'll be here for 5 days while we decide where to go next--decisions-decisions.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Let is know how you like the Rockport area. That is one on our list to winter over.

We are off to Quartszite soon, leaving DFW around the 10th of January.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

Coming to you from the class gathering in Quartzsite - anybody around here? We sure would love to have anybody who wants to join us here at La Posa South. We have people from 2007, 2008, and 2009 so far. Lots of room for more. We posted directions under Class of 2008-2009 and also the 2007 Gathering threads. Sure hope we see some of you.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Not going to make Az. until March, enjoying RGV too much. But we plan to spend a month in Az. and N.M. in March if anyone is going to be in the area. I will say this though, I don't see the draw of being in the crowd at Quartzite. What is the draw?

What is the draw?

People to listen to your stories without needing explanations as to what you are talking about.

People who have already solved the problem that just confronted you.

People selling what you didn't know you needed until you saw it and realized it would be perfect for...

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

People to listen to your stories without needing explanations as to what you are talking about.

People who have already solved the problem that just confronted you.

People selling what you didn't know you needed until you saw it and realized it would be perfect for...

Linda Sand

Almost sounds like watching TV ... LOL

Goes around , comes around .

John & Bonnie - we're planning to go to the RGV in February when we leave the Rockport area. Where are you guys staying? We haven't figured out where we're going - we'll be moving up the valley headed for the Good Sam rally in Phoenix in March. Would love to meet you guys on our way through.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

looks like a real chance to get house sold for 50% loss on Jan 31……whoopee

spent over $60 on propane last week…here at Raccoon Valley……

it is time to go see the Mouse….

see maybe if I can't make my next Mayo visit to the one in Jacksonville….

been making a lot of mods to TT…..at least in my head…are they complete...

30 amp existing service...adding a 20amp dedicated circuit and outside cord….semi done….

two gallon…water expansion tank….looking at the box...

added a real house pressure regulator….really nice….good flow….

going to make a few water and electrical add ons….

changed the bedroom layout….took island queen and moved to one corner with headboard on side wall….

took down one front closet…need to build short cabinet there…and full length closet in new space in bedroom...

thinking about putting in a portable washer/dryer in closet….

and a 18" portable dishwasher….built in…..I have room for it….

getting a small pressure cooker….

got a small toaster/convection oven…

(have to figure out how to use my big dehydrator on the road…..maybe not)

under counter coffee pot….

and kitchen island…

I containerized all my cabinets….kitchen, bathroom….makes it super easy to find anything….nothing loose in a cabinet…

many different size containers…all clear….

adding a hose sprayer to toilet room….have to replace bowl seal….(can't wait to do this one)

have to add a bunch of accessible handles…just to make life easier….

adding storage to every blocked access panel in the rig….found a lot of dead space…

since I tow on the bumper…..have a shell to fit for storage….

generator, scooter, kayaks, tools….are in there now….

going to add a second level of storage and have a custom truck bed crane to mount to lift my scooter….

the road bekons finally…..

the TT has felt like home for a while now….

went to the storage facility and retrieved my recliner….ahhh

removed the sofa from the slide…..planning office/storage space there….not even in my head yet….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

BayouCajun, before you spend time and money on your toilet try pouring a cup of cooking oil in the toilet and let it sit for an hour or so. Might take 2 applications but if I don't use mine for months it won't hold water but this usually lubes it up and works fine.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

removed the sofa from the slide…..planning office/storage space there….not even in my head yet….

We removed our dinette--and added storage/desk/counter in our 5th wheel--you might want to check our trip journal-- www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses -the info is on page 1 and is dated Sept. 15th--the area works very well for us.

If you're interested I would be glad to email you more info and pics.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

thekrusers -

We are in one of the Martin Resorts. Ours is Sleepy Valley (the oldest but my folks are here so we stay near them). Then there is Dreamy Valley, Restful Valley, Pleasant Valley, Enchanted Valley and Hidden Valley (upscale and very nice). Drop me an e-mail when you are going to be here and we can set up a time,place and (?) restaurant to meet at. We'd love to get together, it's nice to meet other SKP's on the road and spend some time together. My e-mail is (spelled out to eliminate data mining) john (at) mcclun (dot) com. Look forward to seeing you.

Archived