Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

Congratulations on selling the house!

So much for plans. On our way to Albuquerque we decided the 3 nights we'd reserved needed to be extended to 4. Then after 1 day here we decided 4 nights wouldn't be enough so extended it to 5. The neat thing is that we discovered some friends we've made through our journals will be in Santa Fe tomorrow - our extended day - so we moved our Santa Fe day to tomorrow in order to be able to meet them.

Well, we got our wish for cooler weather by coming through Albuquerque. It was 42 this morning! But it's warming up rapidly and is a beautiful day.

George, we don't know if we'll still be in Livingston in early December or perhaps go back to Livingston to see you guys. As you can see, our plans are really flexible. But hope to meet you and Kellie sometime.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the house…

still haven't lost mine yet….might even get it sold….

if it weren't a Freddie Mac owned loan…..it would have been sold already….

thankyou US government….thanks for the payback for all the taxes….and faithful Service…rolleyes.gif

oh…will keep trying….

not mad…..just disappointed….not a fair shake…

still trying to do the 'right' thing….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

Had our first meeting with another member of the class of 2011!

heyduke had been following our blog and saw that we were in Myrtle Beach and let us know that they would be passing through here. See our blog in the link at the bottom of this post for our blog post and picture from our meeting.

It really was great to meet other class members. And we really do hope to meet others of you out on the road. It looks like we just missed Vicky and Ira as they were traveling south and found out that we had been close to Bayou Cajun a month or so ago.

We have firmed up our plans for the winter. We will spend December (second half will drive car back to Michigan), January, February and March in a RV park near Cape Canaveral. We have visited Florida a lot in the past so we decided to stay put rather than move around. But we will be taking in Orlando stuff, the RV show in Tampa, Spring Training, etc.

If any of you will be down that way, give us a shout out and we'll see if we can get together.

Motorcycle Jack -- congratulations on the sale! I know what a load off it was for us to sell rather than to have to rent.

Krusers -- see you are on a roll now getting out of California and making tracks.

Vicky and Ira -- don't let a gator get ya kayaking in Florida

Cajun and heyduke -- hope things go super well at your mayo visits

George and Kelli -- not feeling the least bit sorry for you that maybe you can't stay in a 55+ park lol

Jane and Paul and Furball -- are you getting out here?

daryleg -- you two are such a fascinating story -- so glad you joined the class

And all other 2012 Classmates -- stay in touch!

I want those discounts dang it! :lol:

Glad to hear ya'll got to meet another class member! We have not had that opportunity yet since we have been all over the map with traveling plans to date. We will also be looking to winter over somewhere warm after Quartzite .. we're looking around Apache Junction so far & have received a number of leads from more experienced folks here at this massive Bluebird Rally we've been at for a week, on all the places to stay out there.

Cape Canaveral should be a great place to hang out for the winter!

We're headed out tomorrow morning to go check out Rainbow Plantation in Summerdale for a week before hitting the beach for a bit down in Destin :)

Safe travels to you all!

heyduke had been following our blog and saw that we were in Myrtle Beach and let us know that they would be passing through here. See our blog in the link at the bottom of this post for our blog post and picture from our meeting.

It really was great to meet other class members. And we really do hope to meet others of you out on the road. It looks like we just missed Vicky and Ira as they were traveling south and found out that we had been close to Bayou Cajun a month or so ago.

We have firmed up our plans for the winter. We will spend December (second half will drive car back to Michigan), January, February and March in a RV park near Cape Canaveral. We have visited Florida a lot in the past so we decided to stay put rather than move around. But we will be taking in Orlando stuff, the RV show in Tampa, Spring Training, etc.

If any of you will be down that way, give us a shout out and we'll see if we can get together.

Motorcycle Jack -- congratulations on the sale! I know what a load off it was for us to sell rather than to have to rent.

Krusers -- see you are on a roll now getting out of California and making tracks.

Vicky and Ira -- don't let a gator get ya kayaking in Florida

Cajun and heyduke -- hope things go super well at your mayo visits

George and Kelli -- not feeling the least bit sorry for you that maybe you can't stay in a 55+ park lol

Jane and Paul and Furball -- are you getting out here?

daryleg -- you two are such a fascinating story -- so glad you joined the class

And all other 2012 Classmates -- stay in touch!

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

hey….everybody else headed south?

Just arrived today…in Rochester, MN…..for two week program at Mayo….

came her with my oldest daughter….about 5 hours a day M-F…..full life training stuff….

Mayo…is a such a great place if you can get hooked up with them….

anybody up this way….we will be here for a couple weeks, then head south….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

After a week long Bluebird Rally in Pine Mountain, GA .. we have safely arrived at our next destination. We received our SKP hugs on arrival & will be here for a week :) If any of our classmates are in the area -- stop by & say howdy! This is a really nice park & the sites are huge!

As a side note - I got in another 130mi of driving today. George got us off the farm roads to I85 then I got my first taste of how crazy people drive in/around a large motorhome on the interstate :o I also got to experience my first overpass outside Birmingham and about 11mi of 1-lane highway construction barrels, cones & concrete walls. Gotta do it sooner or later. At least now I can (sort of) look back & laugh. :lol:

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Well, we went on a 4000 mile road trip looking at MH's. We still didn't find one we thought was a good deal. We are still looking. Winter incoming soon so we might have to wait until spring.

Gary, we sure envied you in MB. That's been a favorite place of ours for a long time. We used to go there before the big build up that started 25 years ago. When we had our plane we could go there on Friday and come home Sunday for a nice weekend getaway. It was a 2.5 hour flight.

KD, your Bird sure looks nice under the trees. Don't get to far away from it, I might come down there and steal it! biggrin.gif

Paul

Was a blast to meet up with the two of you and try our minds at trivia (even though we lost) - didn't know cajun was going to the mayo till the later post but realized he is at the cooler mayo while we will be at the warmer Jacksonville Florida mayo clinic. Still no firm winter plans but likely will stay a month in several different spots in Florida if we can find some decent spots this late.

Off to Charleston SC tomorrow...

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

we ….had…..a forecast for flurries tonite….but…..only rain….now…in the forecast….

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

We made a run south from Amarillo on Tuesday--forecast of high winds and snow--and arrived in Livingston Wednesday afternoon. Took the truck and trailer out after we registered for inspections.

Interesting--they looked at insurance cards and drivers license and slapped on the stickers. Didn't even look at the lights. Hope all goes as well with licenses and registration

We'll be here for 2-3 weeks--then probably to the Hill Country for a while--then who knows.

Attending Boot Camp next weekend--we've been RVing and camping for years--but should pick up some good info on full-timing.

If anyones in the area let us know--love to get together.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

New to the forum and just wanted to say hello. We close on the sale of our home on November 11th and will be moving to Rio Bonito RV Park at Liberty Hill, Texas for the winter. We are looking forward to beginning our fulltiming life.

Leary & Sandra Sooter

2006 Alfa See Ya

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade

New to the forum and just wanted to say hello. We close on the sale of our home on November 11th and will be moving to Rio Bonito RV Park at Liberty Hill, Texas for the winter. We are looking forward to beginning our fulltiming life.

Congratulations. Are you from Texas? What type of RV did you go with? Sounds like you are fulltiming.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

Congratulations, Imsooter! Welcome to our class! We're in Livingston, TX at Rainbow's End for the Boot Camp that starts today. We're planning to spend at least a couple of months if not longer around Texas this winter so if we end up in or around Liberty Hill, we'll try to get in touch with you.

We weren't going to do cold anymore - it's 32 here this morning! It's been up and down the whole week we've been here. But at least it's not snowing like it is where we came from. :D

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Plan was to be on the road already, but the MAN decided he wasn't done with me yet :unsure: so now earliest jump off is 12/1, we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can get out this year yet. I see first hand why plans are laid in jello in this lifestyle we've chosen.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Well, we're Boot Camp graduates. We thought we might pick up a few tips and meet some nice people - and we did. But we were surprised at the depth of information provided and the emphasis on safety (guess we just didn't pay enough attention to the agenda provided). We would recommend the RVers' Boot Camp to all rvers and especially full-timers.

Our plans have changed again. We said we would just enjoy life for at least a year before we volunteered or did workamping. Well, we're going to volunteer at CARE for the month of December. They needed another maintenance volunteer and someone to handle the resident phone line and those jobs fit us perfectly - we hope. So we'll spend the rest of November seeing other parts of Texas and then come back to Livingston for the month of December. We'll work approximately 4 hours a day - they provide an rv site - we pay electric and propane. (George & Kellie - are you still planning to be here in early December? If so, let's get together.)

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Boonedocks--we did buy some fire extinguishers--16 oz. aerosal foam. They're like a spray can of paint--if you don't use it all it doesn't lose it's charge and can be reused--let's hope we never need them.

George--we will be staying behind the CARE center in volunteers row. Let us know when you get here.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

The Class of 2007 is sponsoring an ALL CLASS reunion in "Q" so wanted to copy this post and pass this along even though I'm not part of the Class of 2007. Think about it. You just might enjoy yourself! Follow the info on the thread and get your name on the list of interested.

---------------------------

The Date: Sunday 1/15/2012 thru Friday 1/20/2012 (come early if you want and certainly stay longer if it suits you.)

The Place Quartzsite Arizona in the LaPosa South Area. ( The actual spot will be chosen and posted the first week of January when the Fleegers and a few others arrive to scout it out. There will be signs and GPS co- ordinates posted at that time. )

Most have indicated that they are interested in a laid back atmosphere to relax and visit. In light of this we are planning only a few social things.

Food: Since none of us have ever gone hungry (even Ron Fleeger & Bob Pinner) when this class gathers and someone always enjoys coming up with an idea of their own, we are at this point planning 3 food events.

If anyone has an idea and wishes to add to this please feel free to do so. Just give me a shout so I can add it in. Just remember to bring some extra food stuffs with you for those impromtu meal gatherings.

As always bring your chair and your beverage of choice.

Sunday evening 1/15:. Bring a heavy Hor d'oeuvre to share.

Meet around the campfire early to reunite with friends of old and meet a few new ones.

Tuesday 1/17: Potluck...we never organize it and all the right stuff shows up anyway. ( Don't worry about

having to much Ron will be hungry again before the camp fire goes out!!!)

Friday 1/20. Chili Supper : Would be fun to do dutch ovens but if not then we will do it in pots... either way there will be one vegan and one regular. Let me know if you will want Vegan so that we have enough of it made. Volunteers to make cornbread will be welcomed.

FEE: TBA soon. There will be a fee per person to cover the cost of firewood and other incidentals. Any left over funds will be included in the donation to CARE from the auction proceeds.

Auction for Care: I would like to have an auction for our donation to CARE. The proceeds from the auction will be sent to CARE from the "class of 2007" If you would be interested in donating

an item let me know. ( Maybe you have a relationship with a merchant who would be willing to

donate an item)

I will start this by committing to donate one of my hand hooked wool rugs.

Of course that means someone needs to volunteer to be the auctioneer!!! (Update) Thanks to Hank Landry this job is now taken...Thanks Hank!

Would you like to help? Do you have a fun idea to share? Since we are never to old to learn maybe you would like to speak on a certain subject

Let me know. This is after all your reunion and we want it to be a fun time.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Here is a link to the thread. Please send me a PM with your e-mail address if you are attending. Please post any and all questions and your intention to attend on the thread linked below...I can only follow one thread a time for this event. Everyone is welcome and we look forward to meeting allof you.

Class gatherin Q

Thanks

Linda (your friendly official "Room Mother" and one of the "3 greatest Cat Herders" on earth.)

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We've spent the past week in the Houston area at the San Jacinto Riverfront RV Resort. We spent 1 day at the San Jacinto Monument & Museum and the Battleship Texas. We spent 2 hours "playing" on the ship - it was great! We spent a couple of days in Galveston. We took a Galveston Bay boat tour - interesting. Then we took the ferry to Bolivar Peninsula. The ferry was great - it takes anything - motorhomes, 5th wheel trailers, 18-wheel truck/trailers. It was great until we headed back to the ferry to return to Galveston. We were randomly selected for screening by Homeland Security - no problem, right? David had to open everything - doors to the interior, the engine compartment and the 2 storage boxes in the back. I heard 1 of the security guys say "We may have a problem here." I couldn't imagine what it could be. Well, they found an empty 2 gal gas can in one of our storage boxes - empty but it had had gas in it in the past - even though you couldn't even smell gas in it. David said he would just throw it away - no that wasn't acceptable. He had to pull over, take the gas can to the bay and fill it with sea water - then take it back to them full of sea water and go through the entire "screening" again. :angry: Well, at least my friend and I got to go shelling on the beach while David filled the gas can.:rolleyes:

This afternoon we experienced a severe Texas thunderstorm. It only lasted about an hour but it was severe while it lasted - and one bolt of lightning and simultaneous clap of thunder right on top of us really got our attention.

Tomorrow we head for the Texas Hill Country. Anybody in that area? Let us know if you are and we'll try to get together.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Archived