Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

krusers….I had looked at your slide redo before…..something like that is a possibility….I like the way yours looks….I have a similar trailer layout….rear kitchen and slide in the same place….

my sink is not against the back wall….but in the penisula at an angle….

my fridge is right where yours is…

foliver….on the toilet…I am going to try that….maybe some vaseline too….

I already have the seal….I won't open it….until I try that…

BooneDocks…..I have till end of may till upgrade an annual pass on ticket I had last may ……gonna try to make it there…..soon….how soon is the question….

I am going to make it as comfortable as home….getting there……

Plan is to have all boxes out of house this weekend……leaving just a few garage sale items to dispose of….and closing on Jan 31…..

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been here at Palm Harbor RV Park in Rockport, TX for the past week. We only moved 15 miles from Goose Island State Park so we're still in the same area.

Palm Harbor is located on the Intracoastal Waterway and the tugboats/barges pass within 40 - 50 feet of shore - very interesting. We're also enjoying seeing & trying to identify all the water birds. We saw Whooping Cranes on Goose Island and see lots of herons, egrets, gulls, ducks, etc. We've seen one Roseate Spoonbill - a pink bird with a spoon-shaped bill.

We're going to start traveling further afield in the next weeks and are looking forward to seeing more of southwest Texas. We'll be here until Feb 7.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

We're leaving the Mesa area tomorrow for Quartzsite. It will be our first experience there. Just about everyone we talk to says you really need to go at least once. We haven't made plans to stay for any exact length of time, we'll just wing it. Hope to see some of you there!

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We're leaving the Mesa area tomorrow for Quartzsite. It will be our first experience there. Just about everyone we talk to says you really need to go at least once. We haven't made plans to stay for any exact length of time, we'll just wing it. Hope to see some of you there!

Hey come and join us. We have a group of 2008, 2009 and one 2010 couple. Do come. We have 10 rigs here now and a few more on their way. We are having a blast!

Instructions on our blog (the second one down).

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We removed our dinette--and added storage/desk/counter in our 5th wheel--you might want to check our trip journal-- www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses -the info is on page 1 and is dated Sept. 15th--the area works very well for us.

If you're interested I would be glad to email you more info and pics.

Aha my husband has a new project. Fantastic job.

We have a 2010 Flagstaff Superlite with a rear kitchen almost the same as your floor plan. We have learned to hate our nook, especially the blasted seat cushions that won't stay in place.

More pictures would be great. Thanks so much.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hey come and join us. We have a group of 2008, 2009 and one 2010 couple. Do come. We have 10 rigs here now and a few more on their way. We are having a blast!

Instructions on our blog (the second one down).

Thanks! We'll follow your directions and try to find you! Might be there in time for Happy Hour!

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Thanks! We'll follow your directions and try to find you! Might be there in time for Happy Hour!

Hi and welcome to our group (SOON)

I have taken the Canadian flag off the rig. You should be able to find us with the co-ordinates and the pictures.

If we catch you in time this morning, please tell us what you are ie motorhome with what color car; fifth wheel what color truck etc. so we can watch for you.

And of course, a name would be good too. {{hugs}

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

What's happened to our class? We've moved from Rockport to San Benito, TX. It's raining & scheduled to rain for the next 4 days. So, we're looking for what there is to do indoors. We've already extended our original 6 days to 10 days & are probably going to extend another week so we have plenty of time to see everything we want to see in this southern tip of Texas. Hope to be able to get together with Motorcycle Jack while we're here.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Rockport, TX, area & recommend it to anyone who may be looking for an area to winter next year.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

We have been here ... or asleep :D

IMG_3044.jpg

Seriously, we have been having the time of our lives here in Bullhead City, AZ for the past 3wks. Blazing all 'new to us' trails thru the NPS & BLM roads in AZ & NV. And the sunsets over the Colorado River every night have certainly reminded us of why we are doing this.

322407_3121903564702_1177971473_3690909_1321061725_o.jpg

Around mid-March we are going to depart Davis Camp & head to Pahrump, NV to have our genny bearing repaired & a complete service. Then move on to Las Vegas for a week where we'll have our new Jake Brake installed before tossing a dart at the map somewhere above San Francisco to enter CA & continue our slow mosey up the 101, anxiously awaiting the winter thaw further north to continue our journey to Alaska.

Good to see the new members in our class & hope everyone is living Life on the road.

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

We are still in Mesa for a few more weeks. Then we plan on moving to Tucson for a week and then we will make our way back to Iowa for a couple of months - our youngest daughter is expecting in late June/early July and we want to be there for that. This will be our 10th grandchild! ! We will take about a month or so to make the trip back though.

Until my SS kicks in this summer we are a bit strapped for funds so we have to watch the pennies. It doesn't help that we had to make an emergency trip back to Iowa (left the RV in Mesa) and that depleted our funds. Can't stress enough to have an emergency fund.

• 2 weeks later...

What are your travel plans for 2012? I see George and Kellie are going to Alaska. We are going up the east coast on our cities and seafood tour (DC, Baltimore, Philly, NY, Boston, etc), all the way up into the Canadian Maritimes and looping back down for winter in Texas.

Hope also to hear from some of the classmates who haven't reported in for awhile!

Still shredding my life…..laugh.gif

although I have been at Raccoon Valley SKP park for months…..I have yet to empty my old house or sell (lose it) yet….

I brought 1530 lbs of real stuff to dump last week….

and just shredded another 10 large garbage bags of 'important' papers in the last few days…

still have more stuff to sell….I have a two unit indoor storage…..with a wall removed…..

hopefully before long I can get rid of enough stuff to move whats left into one side and give the other side up….

Plan is to just keep enough stuff to start another small apartment life…..if that was necessary…..

looks like house will be gone soon….at a 55% loss……if all the stars align…..maybe before March 1……

my condition dictates my speed….just like the windshield wipers on my old 51' Plymouth…..slow and stop….

except if I work at something for a few hours…..then I have to stop for a few days after…..

…..I have some exciting mods in mind for trailer…..all connivence and comfort oriented……..

…..travel plans…..

I just became official…..certified….'fulltimer'…….

BooneDocks……we went with Thum Insurance….in part from your writing about them…..

so….back to travel…..

I was thinking we might head down to FL…..and hookup with Mayo at Jax….but our Insurance changed to less desirable out of network with Jax…..

So I have to make another trip to Mayo in Rochester…..so…..trying to figure out how much winter I dare flirt with in my trailer in MN…..or wait till snow melts…..

I know I surely don't want to try any single digit temps in this rig…..and certainly no negs…….

But…..I might head down to Disney next month anyway…..if the house sells this month……

sure sounds like I have it all figured out…..huh.gif

I am getting closer to that…..sure feels good getting rid of that stuff…..but, I find it still hard parting with the past….so I am making sure that I 'touch' each part of it…..

enjoying and savoring each moment and each memory…..sweet and sour…...

travel plans?

yes……who knows where and when…..

I am thinking a loop containing FL, VA, TN, GA, LA……

with an occasional marathon run to MN….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

We met up with Motorcycle Jack - John & Bonnie - Saturday for lunch in Mission. Think maybe it should be Motorcycle Bonnie as we found out she is the one who rides the trike when they travel. It was great meeting them & getting to visit over a delicious lunch. Hope to see them again sometime down the road

We're staying on South Padre Island now. Friday we start heading to Phoenix. We'll spend the month of March there - attending the Good Sam rally the 3rd weekend of March. We're looking forward to some dry desert air for awhile. We've had so much humidity & rain in Texas.

Our plans for the summer have changed - surprise, surprise. As we were leaving Palm Harbor RV Park in Rockport, TX, the owners asked us to consider returning April 1 to be workcampers for the summer. So we considered it & decided their offer was too good to turn down (we'll only work 2 days a week). We'll be returning April 1 or 2 & staying through August. They tell us it's not too hot at Palm Harbor because it's on the water & there's always a breeze. We'll see. We're hoping the hot Texas drought of last summer won't be repeated this summer. But we're looking forward to seeing what the Rockport/Port Aransas area is like in the summer without all the winter Texans.

Plans now are to go to southern Colorado in September & then start heading toward California for Christmas with family.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

David & Judi -

Yes it was great meeting the two of you. Hmm... Motorcycle Bonnie? for some reason I don't like the sound of that. But yes she follows the RV with the motorcycle so I have something to do while she is quilting. We're going to try and meet you guys in Phoenix next month and I promise the picture we took will be coming your way as soon as I can get a hold of the camera. I sure don;t envy you working down here this next summer - you're brave ducks! See ya soon -

John & Bonnie

Update: I received a call from a friend a few minutes ago. We are okay.

The Camper with the fatality on E. Raccoon Valley Rd. was not ours. It was not in any of the campgrounds on this road, looks like it was about 3 miles away from here.

Prayers for the family and the man who lost his life.

Rest assured smoke detectors, CO2 detector, propane gas detector….all new/serviced and working…..no circuits overloaded…

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/feb/21/man-dies-travel-camper-fire-north-knox-county/

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

• 3 weeks later...

the Stix and Brix…..sold yesterday……55% loss….

I moved the last stuff out at midnite…..

Sold and gave away a lot of stuff…..

Kept enough stuff to start over in a small house if necessary…..in storage….

Physically hurting….right now…..

getting ready to hit the road to Mayo…Rochester…..for about three weeks

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Congratulations I guess. I wish you could have made more on the house.

I also understand hurting. I replaced two 70 lbs batteries yesterday and can hardly move today. I still need to do 3 more.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

Just checking in from Red Bay AL where we are waiting in line for some service... our plans for the upcoming year are to head to Texas to visit friends and family then start heading west where we hope to tour the west coast and winter in the southwest somewhere... we have been fulltiming just over one year now!

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

at Mayo in Rochester, MN…..

will be here for a few weeks……

it sure doesn't look like last March here…..

weather is just about perfect….

…..the house is where it needs to be……long gone from the side view mirrors…….

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

• 2 weeks later...

We do not get on here as often as we should, but after reading what everyone is doing for the summer I thought I would share our plans. We are in Cedar Key FL for a few more weeks and the it is off to KY to visit the family for a few weeks. We plan to stop in Racoon Valley for a few days to check out that SKP park, but are trying to figure out a nice place to spend a few days in Georgia ( near I-75) on the way through there. After that we are headed to Mayberry! Going down into NC with a short stop to see Andy Griffith's TV home. Then by mid May we will be work camping in the Outer Banks at Camp Hatteras until Labor Day. It is our first work camping job and we are pretty excited to spend the summer on the beach :) We have been on the road for almost 6 months and I have to say for 2 people living in a truck camper we have NOTHING to complain about! ;)

Daryle Griffith and Toni James

visit our travel blog at www.simplervlife.com

2011 Dodge Ram 3500

2011 Arctic Fox 990 Truck Camper

2011 Harley Davidson Road King (Lucille)

2012 Wells Cargo Road Force 7x14 trailer

I see that our very own David Kruse made the March/April edition of the Escapee magazine on page 45.

Doing very honorable duty at the Care Unit in Livingston.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

I see that our very own David Kruse made the March/April edition of the Escapee magazine on page 45.

Doing very honorable duty at the Care Unit in Livingston.

Thanks, George--it was an interesting month-being there at the holidays and celebrating with the residents. Long hours and lots of days on but fun and fulfilling to help them. If you find yourselves in Livingston for a while they can always use help.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Archived