Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

Hi all, I guess I need to add us to the class of 2011. We have been full-timing for about a month now.

We were originally in the class of 2010 and had to drop out. This past summer DH finally came to the realization that he wasn't enjoying life any more and the farm (20 acres) was too much to take care of. The house was over 100 yrs old and in constant need of fixes. Our youngest daughter had been living with us and helping with the payments, so we talked to her and she wanted to buy the farm. We agreed to carry a contract for her for now. So this decision was made in August. Between August and October, we had a farm sale, a wedding (youngest DD got married), sold some of our horses, I had surgery for a large skin cancer, lots of family drama and finding a 5er for the money we had. Every week it seemed that something new was happening and needed our attention. Finally in October we found the RV and moved in. We lived in the driveway of the farm for a couple weeks while finishing sorting out what was left in the house and storing what little we were keeping. The newlyweds were finally alone in the house :) . The first of November we moved to Iowa City area to visit with family before heading south for the winter.

We left Iowa the day before they got snow and traveled in rain and snow until Texas panhandle. We arrived in Mesa last Thursday and the past week have been unwinding. The next few months will be spent here in AZ while we recuperate.

Eventually we will go back to do large horse shows (I have a decorated clothing, home decor, western stuff business) to earn spending money. We only want to do 4-6 shows a year, so that leaves lots of time for other traveling :)

I need to go back and read all of the posts and get to know you all in this class. Glad to be here ! !

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boonedocks--we did buy some fire extinguishers--16 oz. aerosal foam. They're like a spray can of paint--if you don't use it all it doesn't lose it's charge and can be reused--let's hope we never need them.

George--we will be staying behind the CARE center in volunteers row. Let us know when you get here.

Ahhhhh... been on the road now since July 19, house is sold as of Nov. 15th, we have finished at DRV and are now in Kentucky on the way to Texas. At DRV this week we had several items fixed and installed. While there we met some other owners - one was on the way to Florida when they had a fire in their electrical area. Another couple with an Elite has been there 4 weeks getting items fixed - slides, water leaks and cameras, etc. Whew, glad ours was easy: back up camera replace, fan replaced, modified the toilet riser and drilled a hole for me.

A big thanks goes to DRV and Scott Hamilton for his great work! Now on to Texas!

It saddens me to inform the class of '11 that we'll have to withdraw and move to the class of '12 as " The Man " won't let me retire till Jan. or Feb. We had thought we'ld be on the road already. Oh well everything happens for a reason. Felt like we have gotten to know some of you even though we haven't met, take care and enjoy your travels...We're jealous ya know :D

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

I am back at Raccoon Valley, just have a few boxes left to take out of the house, might go to VA for a month or so…around DC…

My Son is coming back from Europe, has been contracting as civilian after military time over there….he will be in VA for first of Dec…

I might join him….

any recommendations for long term parks near Dulles?

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

Boonedocks--we did buy some fire extinguishers--16 oz. aerosal foam. They're like a spray can of paint--if you don't use it all it doesn't lose it's charge and can be reused--let's hope we never need them.

George--we will be staying behind the CARE center in volunteers row. Let us know when you get here.

Cool! We look forward to meeting ya'll as well as pa ron when we get there :)

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

BooneDocks,

Mayo trip was great…got some good info, and tools for staying independent as long as possible…spent over two weeks with my oldest daughter as a bonus…

even managed to drop one the sea eagles in the Root River…for a little exercise…

if anyone has a difficult diagnosis or wants to experience medicine in a different way…Mayo is the way to go….

I managed to sneak out before the first snow flakes…

go back in the spring…hopefully when those 10 foot snow piles in the parking lots...have already melted...

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

We finally graduated to full-timing on October 28th. It's been a great year: Rose Bowl on January 1st (and a TCU win), closed on the house on January 7th, went into temporary living in Richmond, VA, went with the VCU Rams from the First Four to the Final Four (Dayton, Chicago, San Antonio, Houston), moved to Austin, Texas in June, did some research, toured some RV factories, ordered our New Horizons, found a truck at 2L, got a Smart car, picked up the RV in Kansas, back to Austin for some warmer clothes, then on to Livingston for Boot Camp and Smart Weigh (time well spent), and finally back to Austin to stay put for a while.

Many thanks to all of the people who helped us get to this exciting point in our lives: Mark got us started down the path to full-timing; everybody on the forums (especially Escapees and Heavy Haulers) who shared their experiences; plus Don, Jack, and Roger who helped along our maiden voyage; and Neil, Mac, and Mark from Boot Camp & Smart Weigh.

2L Volvo with Smart Car Bed

New Horizons F39RLKTSS

Now all of you need the ultimate..come boondock in Quartzsite with the other classes...New friends & new experiences...

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Welcome to our graduating class Stevej. We met you at Boot Camp and hope to see you guys again somewhere on the road. We'll actually be in Austin on Saturday visiting Gary & Christine who were also in Boot Camp.

We were planning to make a nice Thanksgiving dinner here at home but then we had lunch in a restaurant that was advertising their Thanksgiving dinner and we decided to make reservations instead. No leftovers to deal with - and with the size of our refrigerator & freezer that's a good thing. :P

Enjoy turkey day and enjoy eating too much!

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

We are going to participate in the pot luck at the RV park. We are figuring it will be a good way to get to know some more of the people here at the park where we just started our wintering. The turkey breast we bought can wait for another day.

Happy Thanksgiving and Go Lions!

post-23899-0-76028800-1322408048_thumb.jpgJust wanted to say a big Howdy to everyone and wish you all happy holidays and safe travels in the new year.

Cheers,

Gary & Christine

Happy Trails,

Gary & Christine

2012 Redwood 36FL 5th Wheel (A Beauty)

2012 Ford F350 Dually Diesel (The Beast)

WORKING HARD NOT TO WORK AT ALL

We made it back to Livingston to volunteer at CARE for the month of December. We met Ron and Sandi shortly after we arrived and visited at lunch today. They were supposed to be off today but got called in to take a resident to a therapy appointment.

When we arrived the maintenance manager took us to look at a couple of sites we could stay in and David noticed a guy working on something nearby. The maintenance manager said it was the sewer system and they were having trouble figuring it out. Well don't you know David just had to jump right in to help - we finally got the trailer set an hour or so later. I guess you can't keep a good man retired! :lol:

We're in space 28 at the end of the road next to the Care building. If you're in the area, come & see us.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

So glad to know I can count on David to keep me out of the poo one day...:D

Enjoy the weather and reward of your care services.

Hope to stop by for a Hi in a few weeks.

God bless!

Gary & Christine

Happy Trails,

Gary & Christine

2012 Redwood 36FL 5th Wheel (A Beauty)

2012 Ford F350 Dually Diesel (The Beast)

WORKING HARD NOT TO WORK AT ALL

Looking forward to meeting several members of our 2011 Class who are already at Rainbows End. We will be rolling in sometime tomorrow afternoon. Going to be slow going with the forecasted all day rain :/ We have been at Betty's RV Park in Abbeville, LA for this past week having a blast. Got to meet one of my favorite blogger couples - who, in fact, are also SKPs & just left today headed for Rainbows End too. :D

And we even pirated one of the HDT guys .. Jay & Vickie (j&v) and their beautiful Dobe Edina have been here all week at Betty's as well.

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

Will do! And yes, all of Texas, desperately needed the rain. Mother Nature could have kept this cold weather tho! :lol: George & I haven't seen temps below 67 in the last 2mos so we were scrambling for the cold weather clothes in the bays. LoL

Kellie, say hey to any and all classmates there at the mother ship! Sorry you are having to drive in the rain, but Livingston sure can use it.

Kellie & George Roberts

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Not A Moment Too Soon

Archived