Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on scoring the Sea Eagles. I have Sea Eagle Raft I have yet to air up and use, any day now.

Sorry to hear of the loss of you dog Krusers. Congrats on hitting the road though.

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

As of the Thursday before Labor Day, I am full time. Unfortunately Peggy can't join me until next June. We sold the house litterally in hours, the new owner wanted to close in less than three weeks. Those were the most hectic three weeks I can remember. Almost 40 years of 'stuff' to get rid of. Much of the furniture the new owner wanted. Family took some, we had a big garage sale and Goodwill had a great Labor Day weekend. We rented a small efficeincy apartment for Peggy to spend the winter in, just a couple minutes from her office. Unfortunately she can't retire until June 1st of next year. I was able to get in as camp host in the county park system where we lived for most of the last 40 years (Madison WI area) and will head south at the end of October. Peggy will join me for a couple weeks in Florida in December, and probably in South Carolina, where we own an RV lot, for a week or two in March.

We've been looking forward to this for a number of years, it seems the 'plan' is finally coming together.

See you on the road! :)

Jay & Peggy Monroe

(plus two Australian terriers - Dolly and Koda)

'11 American Revolution, '12 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited toad

Somewhere out there...

the roof on my TT has been worrying me…

I got one of my ladders and looked up there…

legs are too wobbly to actually get up there…hard to believe and live with…oh well….

yesterday a mobile RV tech was changing a toilet in another unit here in Raccoon Valley SKP park…

I talked to him and he climbed up there and inspected and caulked the roof where it needed it….(answered prayers)

while up he installed my Wingman on the Batwing….

he was great and didn't take the last few dollars I have until next month…

Thanks…..to Myers RV mobile repair….

I am almost finished with all the major problems in the TT….

now another one pops up…

the toilet seal is leaking….won't hold water between flushes….

the seal kit is over $60 bucks before install…

will eventually have to fix this…maybe next month…

did I read that vaseline works some times on this….I think I will try to glove up and grease it first?

its fun….following everyone….

Boone Docks…you should have stopped by for a cup of coffee somewhere on I-40…..

looks like I am going to give up on the house in October….can't keep putting the energy into it….have to move on….

I haven't been able to get past getting rid of much stuff…its crunch time now….

I think I will go soak up a little relax time in those sea eagles and then come back and get rid of all my stuff and kiss that house goodbye….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

tried the kayaks today in Concord Park in Knoxville…

]DSC00869.jpg

this is 330…the 370 is a couple of feet longer…I am practically laying down in it….works pretty good

DSC00905.jpg

this is 370 a little longer…

they fold up and store easily enough….I am ready for the road now….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Toni and I started full-timing last week so I guess we should introduce ourselves. I am Daryle and I just retired from the Air Force after 23 years of service. We are in Sioux Falls right now, had to get up here to become residents. Our next stop is to see my kids in Wichita, KS and then head down to Escapee HQ in Livingston for awhile. We haven't got to check out any escapee parks and we are looking forward to it. So far the only problem we have come up with is the bed. I have sleep apnea and use a machine at night which keeps me on my back, so I believe we are going to have to get some of that memory foam for our mattress. We are just so excited to be out here on the road. This forum has been a great help to us, so thank you all for posting here!

Daryle Griffith and Toni James

visit our travel blog at www.simplervlife.com

2011 Dodge Ram 3500

2011 Arctic Fox 990 Truck Camper

2011 Harley Davidson Road King (Lucille)

2012 Wells Cargo Road Force 7x14 trailer

Welcome to the forums and the Club Toni and Daryle, glad you could join us and enjoy life on the road. We plan on putting our TemperPedic on our rig only one we like.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Daryle, I have a full queen size memory foam from either wall mart or sams….can't remember which one she bought it at….(think it was a little over 100 bucks…..it is about six inches thick and looks to be two pieces sanwiched together….

it hangs over the original mattress about an inch or so but makes makes a for a good sleep…

I use a CPAP also….what a pain…I sleep on my side…which I understand is better? than on your back? I bought a foam pillow with cut outs for the mask…that helps too…I sleep about half the night with that setup….rip it off….then throw it all across the room mask….cut out pillow all of it…

grab my real pillow and get a good nights sleep…..laugh.gif

for those who haven't tried it….the CPAP does help me rest….that half a night on the MACHINE does make a difference….

I have REM or RBD also….so sleep is a big challenge...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

BooneDocks….

can't wait to hit the road for real and dip those paddles all over the place….

got an extra boat too….

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Welcome Daryle and Toni!

Great start on the blog. Are you two on your honeymoon? Any pictures of the rig?

Wow, full timing in a truck camper, but somehow I get the feeling it really is going to work for you. And would make a great rig for a trip to Alaska.

Hope we will see a lot of you here on the forums.

Thanks everyone for the welcome! We feel right at home here already. As far as the CPAP I sleep with, I can sleep all night with it and it is incredible how much better I feel. I do switch to my side some time during the night. We are going to hit a Walmart soon and see if the memory foam will take care off our bed issue. Thanks for all that said it helps on here. For those that wanted to see our set-up we have posted pictures today on our website (in our signature). The truck camper works really well...we are pretty simple people and it meets our needs pretty well. As long as we don't have a full week of terrible weather I think it will work great...and if the weather is that bad, well obviously we are in the wrong place :)

We bought a Sea Eagle kayak also...been out 1 time in it, but will be really putting it to the test this winter in Florida...works great so far, the set-up is a bit of a pain, but I love how it breaks down for transport...I guess we can't have everything.

Daryle Griffith and Toni James

visit our travel blog at www.simplervlife.com

2011 Dodge Ram 3500

2011 Arctic Fox 990 Truck Camper

2011 Harley Davidson Road King (Lucille)

2012 Wells Cargo Road Force 7x14 trailer

We just bought a sea eagle 370 and have had it out on the water once. Once we got the hang of controlling it we had a blast. We will be putting it to use more when we get to Florida..

Ira and Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

Getting close….

Got all the keeper furniture in storage last Saturday….

Garage sale stuff left in house….Garage sale this weekend…

I leave for Mayo Clinic for a two week program probably on the 21st…

I may have the house empty or technically empty, but technically not empty….

haven't lost the house yet…..

but…my house bed is in storage….so….many technicalities….

so close to closing this chapter of my life….

don't know how long I can remain on the road….but will enjoy every day I can…

anyone in MN?

I will be at Mayo for two weeks….

then its road time...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

We joined the fulltime ranks May 16,2011. Spent 3 months as campground host in Pa. Developed skin cancer while there after 6 surgries 2 skin grafts, we were finally able to hit the road..Got out

of Pa. before it flooded again...arrived in Texas Sept 7 in time to start radiation therapy on the 12th..now only have 12 more treatments, and hopefully then we can continue with our plans, to escapees care center to volunter then maybe stay in texas or out to Az. come spring to Co.

Welcome Ron! Sorry to hear about your health problems and hope the radiation treatments will go well.

We're finally on the road. :D We spent the first 10 days of retirement with family on the coast of California - a little mini-family reunion before taking off. We spent one night in Tehachapi and are now in Lake Havasu City, AZ, for a couple of days. We were planning to go south and take I10 across to Texas but it's in the high 90s here (and southern Arizona) and forecast to hit 100 tomorrow and the weekend so we've changed our plans and will be going back to I40 and across to Amarillo and then down to Livingston. We lived in Albuquerque for a number of years so are looking forward to spending a few days there on our way through. (We're hungry for that delicious New Mexican food!) We'd read that one of the benefits of retirement and full-time RVing is that you can change your plans any time - we just didn't expect to change our plans just a day or two into our travels!:lol:

If any of our classmates will be along our route or in Livingston in November, let us know. We'd love to meet you!

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

Hi Ron,

prayers….

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

OK, an update on our status. We've been on the road since middle of July without the house selling. Finally had a discussion with our agent that she needs to sell it, not just list it! A week later we had a buyer. We did have to lower our price by 2% but it was worth the knowledge that it is sold. Closing is in middle of November...Thank you Lord. Now we just have to come back from Texas to do the closing. Hope everyone else has as much success as we have had.

Archived