Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

well…when you are set up in a campground with a name like Raccoon 'VALLEY' and the forecast is for 10'' of rain…..time to move on….

probably a little west and north just to be safe….sounds like MO….here we come….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi David and Judi.

We did the same thing. We moved into Serenity about 2 months before we rolled out the driveway. We have moved everything so often I no longer know where anything is. Everytime I clean out a cupboard it is "OHHHHHH that is where that went!" One day I will get it figured out.

Good luck and welcome to the life.

Vicky and Ira

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the welcome, BooneDocks and Vicky & Ira! It's fun to be in touch with others who are all going through the same things.

BayouCajun - keep safe! That's one of the benefits of living in a home on wheels - we can move out of harms way.

Hope to meet you all someday somewhere!

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

"We did the same thing. We moved into Serenity about 2 months before we rolled out the driveway. We have moved everything so often I no longer know where anything is. Everytime I clean out a cupboard it is "OHHHHHH that is where that went!" One day I will get it figured out.

Good luck and welcome to the life.

Vicky and Ira "

I have the same problem. A couple of hints I've done:

1) Label storage bins in basement

2) Make an Excel file on computer or (in my case) i-phone.

Then in the file put all items found or place in basement boxes. As I find items in cabinets I put it in the file. Now if I need something - I search the file! Go right to the item.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in on our class of 2011 and saying howdy from our recent travels :)

Yesterday, I got in my first 90 "real" miles (instead of parking lots) driving our coach up the Natchez Trace to Tupelo, MS. I can't wait to get even more confidence behind the wheel. It is work, don't get me wrong, LOL. I had no idea what driving a 40' RV was really like. But keeping her between the ditches was a little easier than I thought :lol: We picked a nice, slow speed road & I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to drive.

IMG_8441.jpg

We spent Thursday night at the Corinth Recreation Area, Wm. Bankhead National Forest in Double Springs, AL. Beautiful park. Happy we got to stay there & sad we only had 1 night booked on our way to Hiawassee, GA. First come, first served on most of the 52 sites. Nine sites can be reserved with 4 days notice. We were given Site #9, pull through, full hookups @ 50amp for $26.50/night. We were on the Yellowhammer loop which has sites that are quite secluded in the forest. There is a short walk to a trail leading down to Lake Lewis Smith that's worth the walk for the sunset view.

IMG_8655.jpg

This afternoon we landed at a Passport America park in Adairsville, GA called Leisure Time RV park. It is a very small, private park, but very nice folks running it, can't beat the $12.50/night PA discount.

Tomorrow we start the 120mi climb up Bald Mountain to our final destination - at least for the next month - Bald Mountain RV Park in Hiawassee, GA.

All our classmates out on the roads travel safe & we continue cheering on each accomplishment of all our future classmates too! :)

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Only 12 days til retirement! We were asked for pictures of the modifications we did to our 5th wheel and we've posted pics on our trip journal. Having now lived in the 5th wheel for a couple of weeks, we're really happy with the way things fit and the new work station/storage and tv/storage are really working out well.

Congratulations, Kellie, on a successful drive. I'm planning to drive towing the trailer for the first time when we take off. I've got to learn sometime so might as well start at the beginning!

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

David and Judi…

your link doesn't work….add '.com'…

I like your mods….I am thinking something similar with my 32" TV from the house….

Kelli….that is a nice drive on the Trace…took that drive with a bus full of Boy Scouts to drive north to winter camp at Shiloh and do the compass trail hike.

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Hello All!

Carol and I have been boon-docking at a primitive campsite at Pigeon Lake, Alberta since June 01st of this year. It has certainly been a steep learning curve with some pretty intense days. Our generator has accumulated just over 1,000 hours of running time and is still going strong. Propane consumption has been fairly high and I have lost count of the hundreds of gallons of water that I have trucked from a nearby city to our lake lot. This was probably not exactly the best introduction to full time RV'g however we went into it with open eyes knowing that a lot of "adjustments" would have to be made.

So, here we are at the near end of the camping season and we are busily prepping ourselves to move to our winter home in Osoyoos, BC. I have said my goodbyes to my colleagues at the firm where I sub contract as a P I and now Carol and I are tending to all of the little things that we need to buy, fix, pack, etc. etc. We are excited about this upcoming move and at the same time we are overwhelmed with feelings of angst and uncertainty. Shud be an excellent adventure regardless! We have planned a trip back to Alberta for Christmas so we can catch up with our children and grand children and then back to Osoyoos for New Years celebrations. Depending on the winter weather in Osoyoos, if it gets really crappy, we may even head to AZ for a month or two!

Cheers!

Mike and Carol

Something new - 2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB

Something old - 1999 Dodge RAM 2500 2wd Laramie, 5.9l CTD

Mike, Carol and Kenzie Shweine Tod (our Shih'tnDash)

Pete and I are finally really full-timers on the road. We completed our first camp host position here in MI and left MI this morning. We are currently in Indiana and will slowly work our way down to Alabama where our winter position is. It's nice to finally go somewhere we hadn't been before although, today we just saw corn fields galore. Nothing too exciting, but still exciting.

Pat DeJong

Hello to everyone,

We are Jason and Rachelle (Rachelle writing) and we will be hitting the road November 13, 2011. Our house burned down in January on the same day our baby was born, we've rented from then up to now but would rather put money in TT and go see places than rent. So with our 5 children and hopefully only 1 dog we are heading out really soon. We bought a TT we could afford right now and plan to upgrade on the road. We should be in Livingston for Thanksgiving this year. Beer can turkey anyone? Hopefully there is big grill with a cover there because all I can fit in our little oven is a cornish hen:)

rolling soon,

Rachelle

Hi Everyone!

Mike & Carol - Winter in BC? Isn't it cold and snowy in all of Canada in the winter? Maybe we'll see you in Arizona!

Pete & Pat - We'll be joining you on the road in 5 days! We'll spend 10-12 days visiting with family on the coast of California and then heading toward Texas. Planning to visit with friends in a couple of places on the way.

Rachelle & Jason - We'll be in Livingston for Thanksgiving - we'll have to meet sometime while we're there. We'll be arriving in early November and attending the Boot Camp and we're planning to stay there for about a month before moving on.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Kelli, way to go on the driving! Leeanne really stepped up when we were in Livingston and passed her driving test for the Class B license. And am enjoying your blog too. We have our blog updated now. We are your neck of the woods currently in Asheville, NC and will head off tomorrow for at least a month in Myrtle Beach.

TheKrusers - yes, it is cold in Osoyoos, BC by AZ standards. However, the average temps are about +5deg C. It beats the heck out of the -30's in Alberta. If it does snow in Osoyoos it is usually gone within 24hrs. We just want to get away from the bone chilling freezing temps of northern Alberta. Carol and I both suffer from various types of arthritis and other bone/joint/muscle ailments. We will give it a shot for this winter and see how it goes. We are definitely not adverse to towing way further south, either, as we have spent some quality time in Mesa, AZ in previous years - just visiting relative though, not on a long term basis.

Cheers!

Mike

Thanks BooneDocks. I really enjoyed driving even if there is 8 million things to consider, think about, react to AND drive :lol:

And a big congrats to Leeanne on getting her Class B. That is awesome! Appreciate you checking out our blog & we will definitely be reading yours regularly now too. Enjoy your time in Myrtle Beach!

Kelli, way to go on the driving! Leeanne really stepped up when we were in Livingston and passed her driving test for the Class B license. And am enjoying your blog too. We have our blog updated now. We are your neck of the woods currently in Asheville, NC and will head off tomorrow for at least a month in Myrtle Beach.

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Bonnie and I have been full timing for 9 weeks now. Absolutely love it! The DRV is everything we hoped for. Still own our house in Pa but doesn't matter, it will sell when the right person walks through the door. Til then, have wheels will change the scenery as needed! Glad to see everyone is having a good time, we have more 2011's joining us everyday.

I don't know about this Canada stuff, my motto is "If I get up and it's colder than 60 degrees, I go farther south. If it's warmer then I farther north." Works for me!

I guess we were technically class of 2011 so I should check in. We sold our last property Nov 20, 2010. We hit the road March 12, 2011. In a little over 6 months we covered 21,500 miles, We got back from Alaska a couple of days ago (back to Florida). While on the road, we pulled over in Gillette, WY and purchased a new property on an on line auction, sight unseen. Well, we knew the neighborhood as it's about three miles from our current place, and a friend stopped in to take photos and describe the place on the phone, but we hadn't actually seen it ourselves. We arrived at our home base, unhooked, and were inspecting our new digs within an hour. Trepidation turned into delight. We love the place. It's a 1,700 sq ft mobile on 10 beautiful cleared acres. It appears to be someone's horse farm turned bad.

So, as quick as we were on the road, it looks like we're off again, at least for awhile. It was a fun run and we'll be back, no doubt. Life is an adventure that seems to be picking up speed. I figured I'd work the same job, and live in the same house, until I dropped dead. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Good luck to you all and I hope all your adventures are as great as our have been.

When you mentioned wintering in BC it made me think of "Rae" who used to post a lot here on Escapees and who wintered in BC last year. She doesn't seem to post here anymore, but she does have a web site: Rae's Blog . She has a particular focus on Canadian full timing and has written a book on it and has lectured at shows too.

Hello All!

Carol and I have been boon-docking at a primitive campsite at Pigeon Lake, Alberta since June 01st of this year. It has certainly been a steep learning curve with some pretty intense days. Our generator has accumulated just over 1,000 hours of running time and is still going strong. Propane consumption has been fairly high and I have lost count of the hundreds of gallons of water that I have trucked from a nearby city to our lake lot. This was probably not exactly the best introduction to full time RV'g however we went into it with open eyes knowing that a lot of "adjustments" would have to be made.

So, here we are at the near end of the camping season and we are busily prepping ourselves to move to our winter home in Osoyoos, BC. I have said my goodbyes to my colleagues at the firm where I sub contract as a P I and now Carol and I are tending to all of the little things that we need to buy, fix, pack, etc. etc. We are excited about this upcoming move and at the same time we are overwhelmed with feelings of angst and uncertainty. Shud be an excellent adventure regardless! We have planned a trip back to Alberta for Christmas so we can catch up with our children and grand children and then back to Osoyoos for New Years celebrations. Depending on the winter weather in Osoyoos, if it gets really crappy, we may even head to AZ for a month or two!

Cheers!

Mike and Carol

BooneDocks! Thanks for the link to Rae's Blog. I will have a look at this over the next few days and may try to communicate directly with her. 5 more days and we are truckin' down the hwy!

Cheers!

Mike and Carol

took a little drive to ashville today and scored two sea eagle kayaks….one 330 and one 370….both for $125….will make a box to store both in back of truck….only had one kayak paddle….

still packing up….haven't finished losing the house yet….but, it is close

have to make another trip to Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN for two weeks…..last week in October and first week in November….

if things work out….that will be totally on the road trip….

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Our big day is finally almost here. Tomorrow at this time we'll be on the road - finally! We're just going a few hours to the California coast to spend about 10 days with family before really hitting the road. We'll have limited internet access during that time so thought I'd post today.

Our joy is dimmed by the passing of our 15-1/2 year best dog buddy, Maxie, just 3 days before we planned for all 3 of us to head out. But we're glad she died here so we could bury her in the mountains she loved. And we're glad she didn't suffer long - she passed within 1-1/2 hours of when we realized she wasn't well. I called our vet the next morning and she believes something ruptured and even if we could have gotten her to the emergency vet clinic they wouldn't have been able to save her. So we're setting off on our adventure without her and we definitely feel like someone is missing from our family.

This afternoon we're packing everything up and getting ready to roll out in the morning. We found a place for everything when we moved into the trailer 4 weeks ago but now we have to find places for the things on the counters to travel. It's exciting! :rolleyes:

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

"Off to see the Lizard"

Archived