Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

….where did the 55 mph come from? I have been wanting to pull the TT at 55 mph since I bought the truck back in 2001….always was too much in a hurry with more money in my pocket than time on the watch….now that things have changed I finally drove a 600 mile trip @ 55 mph pulling the TT…mileage went to 13.8 mpg….took quite a while longer…but was about $45 difference in fuel and it really was a lot less stressful driving….

Hi Bayou - I feel exactly the same way. When I was living in a S&B on the west coast, I was always in the rush, rush, rush mode - and once we started fulltiming, suddenly 55 mph felt like a really good speed. Amazing how much slowing down helps me to relax.

Esther

Off the Road but planning our next trip!

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like the house situation takes care of itself on Weds…

foundation issues are at teardown estimate…depending which estimate you read…

it seems all the buyers have been reading that one….

foreclosure is 10 am tomorrow…

so….I will be able to transfer that wasted energy to living again….or like never before….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy
  • 250K miles and still going - all stock
  • 2006 Keystone Sprinter 3121 SLS Copper Canyon

Had a wonderful retirement luncheon today. I am free at last.

We plan to pull out on Monday.

We still have a truck to sell to Carmax, get a wheel seal fixed, sell some guns, and hope to pull out on Monday for the adventure of our lives.

WOW no phone going off 24 x 7 anymore. I like it already!! I hope to meet you all on the road soon!!

George Roberts

1994 40' Bluebird Wanderlodge WLWB 500 HP Detroit Diesel 8v92

Towed: 2008 Jeep Sahara Limited Hardtop 4 X 4

Blog: Not a Moment Too Soon

We still have a truck to sell to Carmax, get a wheel seal fixed, sell some guns, and hope to pull out on Monday for the adventure of our lives.

WOW no phone going off 24 x 7 anymore. I like it already!! I hope to meet you all on the road soon!!

Congratulations George. I'm sure you and Kelli are excited to be hitting the road.

Paul

Congrats on your escape, wishing you and Kellie safe travels

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

We are new to Escapees and new to the board. My wife retires as of 10/1 and we will be taking the big step. House sold to daughter and son-in-law, truck bought, StoneRidge 5ver bought. Site reserved in Western NY for summers and RGV for winters. We are excited and have waited so long for this day to come. We are now shopping insurance. Have mail forwarding through Escapees and are ready to go. Good luck to all Class of 2011 Full Timers.

We are new to Escapees and new to the board. My wife retires as of 10/1 and we will be taking the big step. House sold to daughter and son-in-law, truck bought, StoneRidge 5ver bought. Site reserved in Western NY for summers and RGV for winters. We are excited and have waited so long for this day to come. We are now shopping insurance. Have mail forwarding through Escapees and are ready to go. Good luck to all Class of 2011 Full Timers.

Welcome to the forum and the Club, glad your plans are working out for you, sounds like you're all set to go good luck and safe travels CUDTR

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Congrats George! So, you headed to the Escapade? :)

We won't make Escapade. We are headed to a Bluebird Rally in Georgia in mid October. Going to the North Georgia mountains on the way to beat this oppressive DFW heat, with a stop to see my family in Mississippi.

George Roberts

was hoping to make to Escapade…won't happen…timing just didn't work out…

thought I was going to done with the house on weds….got another postponement…

maybe they are going to listen to reality now….

that reality is pretty doggone real….alot realer than I ever thought….

foundation issues on my house are really bad…I don't think I could exaggerate as much as bad as it really is….

I plan on hitting the road in Sept….

Congrats to all whose plans are moving in good directions…and prayers for the rest of us….

on my NoRegrets…BucketListTour…sometimes life comes at you hard…here's my tools to hit her back...

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Welcome to Escapees and the Class of 2011 :)

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Congratulations George!!!!!! Glad they had a nice reception for you and that you will be heading out soon.

And a big welcome to Ray to the Class of 2011!!!!! You have done an amazing amount of stuff before making your first post.

Our house sale did in fact close as we expected. We motored from Detroit to Celina, Ohio to have some accessories installed -- the washer/dryer, satellite dish, and other stuff (I hadn't seen Leeanne so excited to do some laundry) . The shop had my list pretty well done in a couple days, but it took nearly 10 days before we finally got the Directv boxes installed -- what a saga that was. But we did get to see my 89 year old mother and my son twice each so we had some very good use of the time.

And now we are in Evansville, Indiana for an install of a better toad braking system. Two and a half weeks of full timing and the only places we have camped so far are all in the backs of industrial buildings. Will be back on the road this afternoon continuing the push to Livingston.

And Leeanne will resume the blog one of these days.

Gary

Thanks and glad you are on your way Gary.

We took our bus in today hoping for a wheel seal and then ready to roll out on Monday. Unfortunately they need to replace the banjo seal and both wheel seals, so our trip is delayed and we will take it BACK IN on Wednesday to have the work done.

Oh well, maybe we can still make Mississippi by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

George Roberts

We went through the mother ship or RV fulltiming Mecca a couple of months ago. It is a great little town.

Check out all the arrest on PolkCountyToday.com it is very entertaining.

George Roberts

Well, we're officially fulltimers! :D The trailer's not going anywhere yet, but we're moved in and living in it fulltime. Just about 4 weeks before we hit the road. But the pictures are hung and everything is is its place - until we decide it would fit better in another place and then we rearrange. Are we the only ones or does everybody go through that? We still have to take boxes and a few pieces of furniture to our storage shed, take lots of stuff to the thrift store and clean the house - so I'm glad we still have 4 weeks before we hit the road.

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

Hi David and Judi….

we are doing the same…

we are living in the TT at Raccoon Valley SKP park and are emptying the house…

we are tweaking the TT everyday…fixing and modifying something every day…

our situation is a little different than most….we are losing the house…but the end result is the same…

we have taken a few trips in the last few months as shakedown cruises of sorts…..

TN to New Orleans…New Orleans to Orlando….back to New Orleans….back to TN…

TN to Mayo Clinic in MN….back to TN….

so everything is rolling smooth…..

right now….although it is 5:15 pm I just finished breakfast coffee pot….checking my email….

my wife is taking a nap…..the two maltese kings…..Louis (Louie) and Henry (Henri) are also taking a nap….

we are changing into our new life of …. when we want to….

it is nice to be able to have time to tweak things….

• 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
  • Duramax/Allison
  • Equalizer - Prodigy

Congrats krusers! We aren't moving too much around -- it's just trying to figure out where specific things are stowed. We really need an inventory. We got our Texas stuff done -- inspections, plates, written test, driving test and our Michigan licenses have been surrendered.

Congrats on all the new accomplishments above!

We just rolled into our first destination location. Yesterday was the first official day of retirement.

We are on the Ross Barnett Reservoir just outside Jackson, MS, where I grew up. In 2 weeks we head to the north Georgia mountains.

After months of 100 plus days, I think today is the only day projected over 90 degrees while we are here in Jackson. YAY!!

George Roberts

Archived