HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At home north of Kingman Az waiting for paperwork, insurance, etc. on the new-to-us T-Ruk. This is really just an avatar test.

Jim

I am not sure that is how I meant to go, but I think that I am where I meant to be.

Betty & Jim

98 Volvo 610 Cummins N14 "T-Ruk"

375/425HP 1550FP Super 10

05 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 37KX2 Triple Slide

After three months near Anthem, North of Phoenix. Friday we are moving to the SKP CO-Op park in Yuma AZ for a week. Want to get some dentist work done in Mexico, as well as Speaking in a local church on the 9th. We will be back to Phoenix a week later.

Kent

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg

We are leaving the RGV Friday morning. I'm sorry that we missed the February RGV luncheon and now we miss the March day at the track.

Planning to take a month to get to Dakota. We'll only get to Kingsville to see the museums and to Alice, TX to see the South Texas museum on Saturday or Sunday. Austin will get three nights.

Generally, well have little access to the Internet or even e-mail,

so it's "So long for now!"

2004 Peterbilt 385

2004 New Horizon 41 foot fiver

One Trek for chores and one for fun

Hi Y'all,

We're leaving Yuma tomorrow 3/25 headed to Vegas for 2-3 days, we'll be at Arizona Charlies, RV Park, then on to Sacto. for some months. We hope to make the HDT get together in Winchester Bay, Or. Anyone in the area please stop by.

Keep makin' happy tracks,

Bob T

Left Yuma last Friday (3/21) & made it in to our 10 acres south of Datil, NM (where????) Monday. Quite a change from winter in Yuma -- instead of pulling into a nice lot, we drove 13 miles of dirt/gravel road, then had to cut down trees and relocate a big ol' firepit just to get to our parking "spot."

But aahh, the change in scenery from REAL desert to HIGH desert, complete with copious amounts of pinon & juniper trees, and the quiet -- meaning, not a sound out here except for the noise we make.

Will be here for about a month going through items we have stored here & setting things up so we don't have to work so darn hard next time! I think we're out of the practice of manual labor after our lazy winter in Yuma!

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

On the road 31 Mar., first stop the RV workshop to have the Black water valve replaced. Then on to Waco to have work done on Barny's engine and exhaust brake, from there to Kansas and a left turn at Junction City for the run to the Washington/BC boarder crossing at Osoyoos.

We are going to drop in at Sunkatchers Co-op, Kermeos BC to put our name on the list for a lease lot. From there it is a short hop to our slot in Vernon.

Cathy and I hope that you all have a good summer. Take good care.

Barney: 98-610, 178" wb, 3.08 diff, D12-425hp, 14 spd;

05 New Horizon Summit 40RLTSS

Hey Dave and Renee hang out for a bit. We should be headed that way within a month or so. Had a real nice visit with Ron and Sharon Curry this afternoon. Diana is "Goin Truckin"

for 4 - 6 weeks then were headed back to MN/WI.

Lookin forward to seeing you down the road.

Thanks for your assistance with things while I was on the road.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled into Rapid City KOA this afternoon after a 1230 mile run from Texas with stops in Abilene, TX. Oakley, KS where Larry missed out on a free meal cause he was in Hutchinson and next on to Cabela's toy store in Sydney, NE. Abilene, TX was 97 degrees when we were there and Sydney, NE was a rip roaring 24 degrees. Hit snow, rain, sleet and a whole lot of other weather getting here.

Fuel prices were #4.09 at Flying J in Abilene and Julesburg, CO. $600.00 got us here fighting the head winds of 25-35 all the way.

If you sre still in the south, stay there for another week or so.

Got a lot to do tomorrow to get the rally registration on its way. Stay tuned for tomorrow evening (Monday).

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Just finishing up a two week stint in Corsicana, TX. Not sure where I am headed next - It could be San Angelo, TX, Lake Charles, LA, or Enterprise, AL.

WP 903

merrillthurmanllc.com

Merrill Thurman

"73 de WBØWGG"

1996 FLB Freightliner; M11 Cummins @ 365 HP; 10 Speed OD Eaton/Fuller; 4.10 Rearend

You Can't Troubleshoot Stupid...

It Is Impossible To Even Converse With An Educated Idiot...

Tell Me Again Why I Took The Job I Now Have???

Arrived at Lake Texoma yesterday afternoon after 6 weeks of horrendous winds & dry dry dry in New Mexico. Dave said we need to re-think springtime in New Mexico.

Funny that after living there for 30 years, I don't remember winds staying up THAT high for THAT long a spell -- I think we only had 5-6 days of no wind over the 6 weeks. Grrrr.

Hey, Pam, I got to get MY sandals back out. AWAY with the shoes unless we take a motorcycle ride!!

But I guess we BOTH should be glad we aren't with the Gehlens -- I heard Rapid City got 24" of snow yesterday!

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Naw, we only had 13.1 inches of snow but the blizzard that brought it in was a mean one. Couldn't even see the rig parked next to us for about 7 hours. The day after, it hit 55 and Sunday it is supposed to be 60+. Wont be any snow by Monday me thinks.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

This has to be one of the latest snows we have had in Kansas. 1" in Oakley. Blizzard conditions at times.

Billie didn't like driving home last night after having a heart cath yesterday in Hays, Ks.

She still doesn't belive the doctor when he told her I had a good heart. icon_frown.gif No blockage at all icon_smile.gif Good to go for many years

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

icon_smile.gifWe arrived in Moab Yesterday about 3pm ....Just watching the sun come over the mountains now ...beautiful ....plan on being here till the 15th ...then down to Mission for a few days ....well got to go play in the rocks ....Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Leaving chi area tonight for Fla for Mom's day (DW staying home & working icon_frown.gif )

Leaving tonight around 10 PM and will run down I 39 to I 74, then I 57 to I 24; will sleep awhile at the J in Oak Grove, KY, then I 24 over to I 75 in Chatt and down to the Tampa area.

Give a shout on chan 19 if you see me going by.

Oh yeah, I'm going to try to hold it to 60 MPH to see what it does to gas mileage - we'll see how long I can keep my foot out of it - 65 is a lot more comfortable. icon_biggrin.gif

Dennis

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

We left Mission Tx last Wed at 7 AM arrived Myrtle Beach area Thursday evening about 8 PM. 1550 miles in two days, stopping at Gulfport Wed night at 11 PM. How sweet it is to set that cruise and let her roll. Jack you would still be on the road icon_cool.gif

David

Looking at new opportunities !

2008 Ultra Classic

http://community.web.../user/toterman2