RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

We had a great time too! Lots of learning, good food, good conversations! What a great group of ladies....

Learned so much - not sure what was the most useful or interesting.

Most fun was definitely in Danielle's class. Thank you!!

Heidi

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I, too, am testing the waters also with my new login, Boomer's Mom.

Best IDea I heard this rally: Was switching positions when setting up and breaking down. Mike and I always do the same job. I know a little of the outside stuff, but really need to get hands on with all the outside items, including the yucky dumping of tanks. Once we get settled into our new home we are going to take some overnight trips just to practice driving, setting up and breaking down.

BestThing I saw in someone's camper: Fresh Baked chocolate chip cookies....thank you Paula! :D

Sharon, I will also hope and pray you get an offer on your home

as well!

Bill and Cecil, we missed you this year and hope to see you next year. Understand you are fighting with the insurance company now..good luck!

Im still trying to figure out this forum/blog thing. Ive got so many user names and passwords its crazy...hopefully they dont make you change them often on this sight.

Take care and Happy/Safe travels to all.

Suzan

Suzan Craven aka Boomer's Mom

Woo hoo - Sue and Suzan with your new posts as new names (or in Sue's case - first post ever...)!!! Glad to see you gals getting online to chat.

It was a great rally with loads of fun, good food, great friendships, and as icing on the cake - more knowledge. I totally agree with you Suzan - more cross training is necessary here as well. And the tanks are definitely the YUCKY part of it all!

Funny, we got 3 hours away from the rally, stop at a truck stop for a Wendy's lunch, and when we come out, Randy, Nancy, & Oscar are parked next to us and just getting out of the truck! Small world huh!?

Ok, so you other gals don't forget to weigh in with your answers to the questions:

1. Coolest idea

2. Pearl of info

3. Surprising thing

Safe travels ladies!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

More RDBE gals online, yeah! You know, this can become addictive.

We left Hutch this a.m. at 7:20 a.m. and arrived at the 4-H Center, Evansville, Indiana at 7:30 p.m. Evansville is home for me, before my second life started over in Livingston, Texas. Family here and my sister Diane is always good for a lot of laughs.

We will be leaving in the early a.m. and heading to J.W.'s shop in Tennessee. Anxious to get this total makeover started on the truck. It drove really well today and believe we are more level than we had been. The installation of the new ET hitch should bring the nose of the RV down even more.....being level is our goal.

Sharon, I also wish you well on the sale of your home. It was good seeing you at the rally again this year. Did you order your Flowbee yet?

Heide, your girls are getting so big. They just shine when they are asked to help out, and passing out the prizes is right up their alley. They just beam. They are good "big sisters" to John. It is fun watching him grow from year to year. Good seeing all of you.

Sue

Had a wonderful tme at the rally. Not sure if I get these in the right order.

1 )Coolest idea was a couple of the apps for my new phone. Got milk and Cardstar. Thanks Dale :)

2) Pearl of wisdom was hubby needs to get out of the truck and walk the site before backing it in instead of relying on me to put him where he wants to be. Saves some "heated discussions". Thanks Jack dry.gif

3) Crap.....CRS strikes again........:huh:

On the bright side B) met a lot of new friends and got reacquainted with some old (hi Jacolyn :P ) friends. By the end of the rally I was peopled out..... I'll recover in a day or too. :D

On our way to Arizona. Stopping in Oklahoma City to check out the Cowboy museum.

Does anyone know who am I supposed to send my recipes to for the cook book? What's her e-mail address?

Aggie

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Heidi, it was so funny today... We're traveling from Kansas City where we stayed last night, and stopped at a rest area for a pit stop. Just as we're about to pull back out, I look over and there's Spacecraft - I assume it's the factory building, though we didn't see any rv's. I had no idea where they were (and prior to the rally last year had never even heard of them) - and there they were at our pit stop! I thought of you two when I realized what I was looking at!

So Aggie, you have CRS also huh? Well, you're in good company anyway... :P

And Sue - woohoo - look at you with two posts! Addictive huh? I think I tried to get you to believe that LAST year! So happy to see you posting. Don't forget that over in the "general section" (not HDT), you'll find other great topics to chime in on - like "housekeeping" and such. No haven't ordered the flowbee yet - been traveling since Sunday morning. Hoping to get it done this week - then maybe my haircut will be as cute as yours!

We're "talking" to the realtor about the "potential buyers" - but so far no great news... I'll post if we get any positive news. Same to you Suzan? Let's BOTH get our homes sold!!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

1 )Coolest idea was a couple of the apps for my new phone. Got milk and Cardstar. Thanks Dale :)

2) Pearl of wisdom was hubby needs to get out of the truck and walk the site before backing it in instead of relying on me to put him where he wants to be. Saves some "heated discussions". Thanks Jack dry.gif

On the bright side B) met a lot of new friends and got reacquainted with some old (hi Jacolyn :P ) friends. By the end of the rally I was peopled out..... I'll recover in a day or too. :D

On our way to Arizona. Stopping in Oklahoma City to check out the Cowboy museum.

Does anyone know who am I supposed to send my recipes to for the cook book? What's her e-mail address?

Aggie

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Aggie

Hey, Aggie - I'm responding to your "Does anyone know who am I supposed to send my recipes to for the cook book? What's her e-mail address?" -- I'm collecting the RECIPES:

Janet Church Jags1fan@gmail.com

Thanks, in advance, for all that you send.

JLC

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

Sharon, the hair cut deal.....thank you for the compliment on my hair cut....now I can trim a little bit here and a little bit there........if whoops happens, wait a couple of weeks and you get another chance to make it right...........works for me.

Did a load of wash and thought about you as I was hanging up the clothes to dry. The rod in the shower is a great addition to the Monday or like this time the Wednesday wash day.

I know your trees in Colorado are beautiful, oh, but the drive down to the south side of Nashville is at its full glory. Pictures just can't capture its beauty, but it is the best we can do. From Evansville, Indiana to Hopkinsville, Ky. the trees were just breath taking. Getting truck re-vamped so sitting still for a couple of weeks so we can really enjoy the weather and peace and quiet. Believe we are going to house sit for a couple of days, even take care of their horse. Had horses when we were growing up, but that has been awhile. :) I understand it is also pregnant............this should be interesting.

Raquel, soon you'll be able to see all of us with our trucks. Not sure when and where the pics of all of us and our "collection" of trucks will be up online, but I'm sure someone will post a link. Kinda nice to be able to put a picture of the people, truck, and user name all in one place. If I remember correctly, we had about 46 rigs/trucks...

NICE Christmas present for you both - a new rig AND a new lifestyle change. I know you already know you'll love full timing. Have you already planned your first trip?

Sharon,

We're both really anxious to get our trailer AND to be on the road. I see it getting harder and harder each day for Trish to go to work and even for me just to be here. We're sooooo ready to start moving around. And, we're so ready to show up at an HDT rally.

We both grew up in the Portland, Oregon area and love the Oregon Coast. Our first "trip" after Trish retires is to go up to the central coast and parking for a month. The idea is to let Trish "wind down", get used to the idea of not having to get up and rush out of the house; give her time to slow down a bit. After that, we have no idea where we'll head. I'd kind of like to head towards the Northern Rockies after that.

BTW, I appreciate you "taking the bull by the horns" and keeping this thread going.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

After that, we have no idea where we'll head. I'd kind of like to head towards the Northern Rockies after that.

Or, come down and visit us in the CO Rockies (front range) in Woodland Park. Sharon will vouch for the area beauty....not as nice a BV but still a great place.... :) (see, some men DO read this section.... ;))

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

It is fantastic to see all you gals testing the waters on the forum. It truly does become addictive, ie the "testosterone bunch"! I really hoped to spend more time with all of you but arriving late and exhausted from 1688 miles in 3 days took its toll. I heard Danielles (and Jacks:) seminar was excellent and I caught the end of Dales new seminar which was also great information. Since many of you left we had a tornado/severe thunderstorm warning till 10pm, it went 20 miles south and just north of us, Henry, Mom, and I went to Yoder and passed three huge pastures that had totally burned caused by sparks from the train that was held up in Yoder, the remaining group last evening enjoyed a happy hour at Bagleys and a pizza party then topped it off with THE debate.:(:) We got our truck back today, a day earlier than expected, so we will be heading out tomorrow morning (we never leave really early:). We have been blessed with one new battery and clean terminals, 2 new injectors and valves all re-adjusted, and they replaced the broken o ring that caused a low oil pressure sensor reading that prevented the jake brake from working. Sooo, we are a little lighter in the pockets but Kechup is ready to rock n roll. We are heading to FL to the Escapees Park in Bushnell where we will store the RV and trailer for Nov and Dec until we return. Chris and Vern will be a little behind us. We will drive the Caravan back to NH to build some more ET's, look forward to Cindy and Jeff Brett coming to NH to pick up their Sonshine Express and its new look, enjoy the holidays and then return to FL to thaw out in the sunshine. I understand the national rally will be the same week next year. Remember the East Coast Rally in the spring! I look forward to seeing JW's revised look for the Guthries truck and with the ET added it should be a level ride :) Hope Dale and Mark enjoy his reunion and glad the Church's made it home safely. Sherri & Rocky, Gail and Steve, Norma and Wayne, and the Bagleys and pups all left today so the Jennings and the Szmyts are enjoying the solitude of the KS Fairgrounds until tomorrow when we give up the watch. We didn't have time to talk about our RDBE Calenday but maybe next year! I will get the member list updated when I get home and email it out! Congratulations to the gals who drove for the first time! You were fantastic! Gail and Steve did a fantastic job and we all appreciate their hard work and new ideas. Bingo, Jack Daniels, fine wine and light fixtures all have impacted the HDT world! Fun time was had by all and everyone be safe wherever you may be.

Till we meet again! SKP Hugs, ddshjs aka RDBE #1

Edited by ddshjs aka RDBE 1

Hi Everyone,

It's bittersweet to be back on the road and headed south. We'll miss you all, and hope to see you next October, if not before.

We had a great time at the rally; kudos to Gail and Steve for all their hard work and an outstanding event! I think the coolest idea is switching roles; I already drive, but haven't done most of the "outside" hook and unhook stuff. The "pearl" or "pearls" would have to be Dale's seminar on getting our affairs in order...invaluable! Surprising thing...the two weeks we were in Hutch passed in a flash.

I took a lot of pictures, and have made them available to Mark B for posting wherever he puts stuff. I also hope to upload most of them to Shutterfly so anyone who wants one can order a print. When I get that done, I'll let you know how to access the pics.

We're at Coon Creek Cove COE Park on Kaw Lake outside Ponca City, OK. We'll continue south in a couple of days, traveling into East Texas, then over to McKinney to have some work done on our MCD Shades. We'll be home in time to vote!

Travel safe, and let us know if you're planning to be in the Austin area.

SKP Hugs, Michal

Hello everyone:

Made it to the south of Nashville, Tenn. We are sitting along side the shop of J.W. and busy hands, 2 fork lift trucks are in action and things are happening. Have the truck backed up to the bay doors and tools are everywhere. Found out why the drom boxes have been wiggling, little bottom support and bolts which held all the boxes together were loose. It was just a matter of time until a disaster, and the Smart Car is right in the line of fire. They have been disassembled. Yeah!

We have ordered Smart Car ramps, delivered today which now I don't have to lift one ramp that weighs 75.5 pounds, and there are 2 ramps. Too much weight for a lady to be expected to lift and as a lot of you have seen, it took two of us to manhandle those ramps. I think I am strong, but there is a limit.

Received the ET hitch from Henry and prep is in the works to have it installed. This should lower the hitch

to 47" where it is suppose to be and not 54-1/2". When it is installed on the new bed, it will be 47". Selling the Trailer Saver hitch and the bed, know of anyone wanting a good deal?

A lot has happened since Hutch. Thanks everyone for your observation and suggestions. Hard to hear, but we learned and saw things that others noticed and pointed out to us. We are in the "Get it done right" mode.

Sue

Or, come down and visit us in the CO Rockies (front range) in Woodland Park. Sharon will vouch for the area beauty....not as nice a BV but still a great place.... :) (see, some men DO read this section.... ;))

Oh dear Jack, a mini uproar has been created! We know LOTS of "the testosterone bunch" curiously peak and lurk on the RDBE thread, however there is an expectation that contributors possesses as certain level of ESTROGEN to actually post on the thread. All lurkers are cordially invited to post their E-levels on the thread to earn posting privileges. Please understand, NO offense to any guys, but the gals vociforously and in large numbers reminded me it is their RDBE thread and we only have one. Good night from WINDY SW Oklahoma -_-

Glad to hear AlanaSue and Bob made it to JW's facility and the re-do is progressing rapidly! Good luck. Rick and Alana left Hutch just before we did today, but noticed they were missing (I believe) brake lights. We suggested they visit Louis HDT repair in Inman where we took our truck and they did. Louie took them right in, did some rewiring and off they went safe and sound. We checked on Dale and Marks lonely rig and all appeared just fine. The winds today were incredible up to 44 mph gusts and pretty constant. There was a huge dust storm on I-35 S causing zero visibilty for 2 miles. It resulted in a 35 vehicle pile up and closed the road. They said the police had trouble finding the accidents it was so blinding. We had to take a detour that altered our route considerably. So we are down for the night on I-40 E and will head south on I-71 to pick up 82 E tomorrow morning. Chris and Vern are almost to the panhandle. Good timing! Look forward to seeing you all next year, hopefully on time, and be safe. Keep on posting! Hugs ddshjs

J & V, As soon as you have a chance let us know that you arrived safely back in WA and how your son is doing. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs, ddshjs

Ditto. Have been wondering how he is doing.

Oh dear Jack, a mini uproar has been created! We know LOTS of "the testosterone bunch" curiously peak and lurk on the RDBE thread, however there is an expectation that contributors possesses as certain level of ESTROGEN to actually post on the thread. All lurkers are cordially invited to post their E-levels on the thread to earn posting privileges. Please understand, NO offense to any guys, but the gals vociforously and in large numbers reminded me it is their RDBE thread and we only have one. Good night from WINDY SW Oklahoma -_-

Davena, let's allow him this one post in the estrogen zone, since he was kind enough to do a seminar for us. rolleyes.gif

Heidi

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Heide, oh you are the peacemaker. I ditto.

Jack speaks the estrogen language. RDBE gals have the questions, sometimes we don't know the technical terms but Jack always picks up on our terminology and gives us an answer we gals can comprehend. Like that do-dad that switches this to that, now how does that work?

We sure don't want Jack to get rusty on the estrogen language, as he and Danielle gave an outstanding round table discussion and look forward to them hosting another at the 2013 rally in Hutch.

Oh Jack, wanted to ask you............that "what you call it", should I put it on with glue or duck tape? :D:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sue

Oh Jack, wanted to ask you............that "what you call it", should I put it on with glue or duck tape? :D:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No, use 3M 5200 "fast cure" marine adhesive. It will hold it far better and you will not have to penetrate your roof with a screw. Had you attended the RV Electrical seminar you would know that..... ;)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We are settled back in our little cabin in Mazama now. Kurt is doing well and is now using a cane to walk. Walking or lying is it..just can't sit much yet...big oww :( Helping get ready for winter and such.Post op appt. on the 29th in Wenatchee..115 miles each way. All in all long term looks quite good. Helps to be in excellent health when something like this happens. Thanks to all for your thoughts and comments. :)

J&V with Edina (RIP), the wonder dobie and
Net Proceeds our 2005 Volvo VNL630 256" WB. Focus SVT on the back, in the garage. ET Hitch controlling the articulation. Jackalopee controlling the 'juice'. 2002 Teton 39' Grand Sundance
All still a work in progress.
Photos and comments at http://gallery.ournetproceeds.com

Jack, no offense, but I agree with Davena. If we let you post, then other guys will want to post, and there goes the "gals only" area. The guys have all the forum to play in, let us gals have our area. If you want to chime in - just have Danielle do it... It's not about "speaking the language" - it's about BEING a gal!

Vickie - so glad that Kurt is doing so well so soon... Hope his recovery is complete and swift, and he's back to doing all the things he loves to do - and you guys can once again hit the road and be where you won't have snow...

Sue - how are the "modifications" coming along? I'm SO relieved that the "lockers" are gone - the disaster could have been catastrophic for you and those behind/beside you at the time!

Davena - hope you guys are safely back en route to home base again.

Drive safe everyone!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Good Morning, Ladies.

Raymond and I are safely back at 'Homebase' in FL. We left Hutch at 1030am Sunday and stopped at Sherman, TX (376 miles) at Sunset. 2nd Day we drove 678 miles to Point Clear, AL - what AWFUL roads we encountered when we got on I-10 at Lafayette, LA all the way to the MS State Line. 3rd Day we arrived at homebase near Titusville, FL about 6pm after 528 miles. Lots of mileage - but what a way to travel !!!!! We love it. And, this being our third trip to the HDT Rally in Hutch, it was a great experience to not go back to the hotel each night. LOL

I had a wonderful time catching up a little with old friends, meeting new ones and can't wait til we see you all again. IF any of you get near our "Homebase" in FL, let us know. You are welcome to pull in here.

RECIPES: share any that you want to me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

Since most of you would like recipes on DVD instead of a print version, I'm thinking that maybe "Recipes via computer" might be even easier for everyone to access. So,I'm working on that idea and will let you know. Currently I have about 25 recipes so keep them coming!

Safe Travels, Everyone.

Janet

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

Sharon: Modifications are coming along nicely.....

First order of business, dismantle the stack of drom boxes. Thanks to those who told us the drom boxes were rocking back and forth when we went over to take pictures of the trucks for the photo op. Upon dismantling we found they were all stacked one on top of the other and all were fastened to the bottom box with bolts. When we took off the top one, noticed the bolts were loose, as we took off the next layer had the same problem with loose bolts. Got down to the bottom box and there was water inbetween the boxes and rust around the bolts which again were loose. The bolts were the only thing holding that mass of boxes together. Asked for bracing but was told we didn't need to brace them. Really, obviously we did.

Took the loader off the truck yesterday. The beams that were added to lengthen the bed are all rusted. This is a 2008 truck and the framing on the truck is not rusted like these beams.

Already pulled the Trailer Saver hitch off. Have to do more modifications before the ET hitch is installed. We have received the ET hitch from Henry but need a few more conections. At least when we are at that point, it should be ready to install. We are a long way from that point as the first order of business will be to put bracing under the bed loader and bracing where the drom boxes sat leaving ample room for filling of the diesel tanks. The drom boxes, working on their replacement, you can bet using bolts will be at a minimum.

We are taking pictures and documenting this re-do. Bob is in the process of putting on the form what is for sale, already had the delivery guy asking questions.

Received the new smart car ramps, lifting them should be much easier than lifting 75.5# which is what each of the old ramps weighed.

See Sharon, we are progressing nicely.

Sue