RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Happy Spring Everyone!! We have just 2 inches of snow so far :rolleyes: Mike and I havent been on the forum much, been busy with the "normal brick and mortar" life. We did sell our home in Brighton, Colorado and are now living in Elbert, Colorado (Hi Sharon) We wont be able to make to many trips this year, but have lots of room for RV's if anyone wants to vistit!

Boomer is doing great and is looking forward to the October rally. He has been a little nervous though, his daddy (Mike) found another toy.. a V35B Vtail Bonanza. Just got it at the end of March so we havent been flying much. We did get a pair of Mutt Muffs for Boomer to wear when he flies, to protect his ears, though, because it is all about him :)

Good to catch up somewhat on the forum.

Sharon, Sorry to hear you havent had much luck on the real estate market, but the tide is turning in Colorado, so we'll keep our fingers crossed and prayers going to you! We should get together for dinner sometime... Mike has Monday and Tuesdays off.

Heidi, how exciting to be getting a new custom fifth wheel ! When do you expect delivery?

Davena, Happy Belated Birthday!!

Susan and Trey- you have to go swimming with the Manatees, they are like big giant teddy bears in the ocean :D At least that's what i am told, hee hee hee. Didnt read to far back in the forum, but sounded like you were close to an accident... :o glad everyone is safe and sound!

Hey Alicia! what have you been up to? I could really use some deocrating help for the new home!

We are loving the house and the hangar...just enough room for all the toys... even the Volvo 770 gets to stay indoors. along with the Doubletree RV. Haven't talked with Dan and Dorcas in a few months, but last we heard they were doing well.

Hi to Paula and Bob, and Buck, too! Hi To Rocky and Sheri, Roger and Debbie, Jay and Vickie, Jack and Danielle (we'll have to get together for dinner since you wont be to far from us ;) Special Hello to Steve and Gail, and Dale & Mark, Henry and Davena! (always doing a great job for the HDT'rs) Whats happening with Bill and Cecil?? Gosh i feel bad I cant remember everyone! :wacko: but.. Hello to one and all and safe travels to everyone!

Suzan aka Boomer's Mom

Suzan Craven aka Boomer's Mom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raymond and I are safely back in Jacksonville and he's on his way to work as I write. What a wonderful time we had at the ECR and already looking forward to next year. For us, the rest of this year will be spent getting our Jax home on the market and (hopefully) sold and moving a few items to our Home Base in Oak Hill, FL. A couple of short "long weekend" trips to Pensacola and possibly Charleston, SC to meet up with family and friends. Sadly, we will be missing the '13 HDT Rally in Hutch - and, instead of that fun, we'll be adding new tires to the Volvo and RV. Raymond is counting the days to retirement. Can't wait to be 'ON THE ROAD AGAIN'. 2013 is flying by and we have lots to do to keep it flying! :rolleyes:

So great to see Donna on the forum! AND welcome back Suzan -- I was thinking of you just last week and was going to send you an email nudge to join us again! So glad to hear all is going well with you, Mike and cute Boomer.

Hope everyone has safe travels! And hope we see you all somewhere down the road next year.

Janet

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Suzan - so great to see you're still alive and well. Glad you found your way back over here again. Sounds like you have a great new home, and congrats on selling your home. We heard that in Denver, if you list your home in the morning, you'll have a couple of offers before bedtime! Wish that the "buying frenzy" would find it's way all the way out our way - but since we're 2.5 hours away, and a "bedroom community", we'll never see a buying boom like Denver is having. However, maybe some of the new Denverites might want a great mountain getaway! We can hope and pray. Thank you and all the other wonderful gals for the prayers on selling our home. We'll be back there again by Sunday evening. Too many things yet to find homes for, and too much hobby stuff to do and finalize still. The goal is that by sometime in August that we're on the way to SD for some fishing before winding our way back down to Hutch in Oct. We'd love to get together with you and Mike sometime. We rarely ever get to the Denver area, but we'll have to make a point of it. How about lunch instead since it's a long drive back home watching for deer in the dark? Email me off forum sometime and we'll figure things out.

Donna - how exciting - didn't know that Carl was retiring next year. How fun for you guys - sounds like you've already got trips planned! Thanks to you as well for the house prayers! Do you have any plans to come to National HDT in Hutch this October? Hope so, missed seeing you guys!

Janet, I guess it's both a blessing and a bummer that you need tires instead of getting to go to Hutch. Blessing because that means you'll be hitting the road soon, bummer cuz we'll miss you there. Hang in there with your other "house stuff" also! Only 10 more days before closing! WooHoo for you!

We sure have a lot of our group who haven't been here in a long time. We have gotten down to just a few of us chatting here, rather than the large group of RDBE gals we had hoped to be on the forum. Need a nudge for the others maybe? Hope Davena is settling in well with the new house in FL.

Well, got work to do - it never ends does it!? Safe travel to all who are on the road.

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Sharon:

Thanks. I hope we are able to retire next April. There are a lot of factors that have to fall into place and we are working on it.

No, we will not be able to make Hutch this year. Maybe next year. We missed seeing you too. It was a great week.

Take care and safe travels,

Donna

2006 Volvo VNL 780 "Hoss", Volvo D12 465hp 1650 ft/lbs Ultrashift

Bed by JW Morgan Custom Welding

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

FINALLY - the RDBE (Rigs Driven By Estrogen) COOKBOOK is finally ready to launch. I shared the site with the Ladies at the mini RDBE Meeting in Crossville but wanted to get the link to everyone. At the present time, I have received 44 recipes from all of you. Please continue to send recipes to me at my personal email address: jags1fan@gmail.com

http://www.desktopcookbook.com/cookbookshare/18142/20001.htm

You can access all of the 44 recipes without creating a 'membership' to desktopcookbook. And you will be able to print without joining. However, if you want to join you will have access to all of the recipes in their database.

I purposely titled all of our recipes to begin with RDBE, thus creating easy searching.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me - and share with all the Ladies that you might be emailing with that might not check this Forum.

Safe Travels, Everyone!

Janet

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

What a small world! My daughter lives in Franklin,TN and was driving home from Doctors office when she came up beside an HDT pulling a New Horizon with Texas plates. She described the rig and occupants to me. Well of course I said that sounds like Sue and Bob Guthrie. She then texted me with a picture and I was right; it was Sue and Bob. You never know ........

Happy Trails

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Isn't that funny!? It's amazing how huge this country is and how easy it is to get lost in the crowd - then something like this happens and it makes you really marvel at how two people can ever randomly find each other like this!

Richard & Sharon

Donna and Sharon you are so right....this is a small world.

Donna you and your daughter are right................it was us trucking on I-24 then I-65 South today through Nashville.

I was the one driving through Nashville...yikes!

We spent about a week with family and friends in Evansville, Indiana after the East Coast Rally. After waiting a day for the weather to clear up, we decided today would be our travel day. We left Evansville 6:15 a.m. and arrived at the Escapee's Park, Summerdale, Alabama at 6:23 p.m. Long day, but we had our snacks, drinks and cookies and chips on board..we were set for a long day.

What are the chances of your daughter seeing us on the Interstate in Nashville. I'm glad she called you and told you about us passing through. You'll have to tell her the bed of our truck is the same bed builder you have do your truck.... you are right.............small world.

Sue Guthrie

Suzan!! Count us coming your way middle of May. I'll text you. And I am totally up for decorating your new home!! Congrats ont he sale of the old home!

Way cool you got a new ride. Poor Boomer has to wear doggie muffs. lol

Janet! Thanks for putting the recipe book together!! I'll send you a beverage recipe - it's an adult beverage, is that okay? I'm sad that you won't be in Hutch this fall. :( Rick and I will ahve to try the east coast rally one of these years.

Susan, still keeping my fingers crossed for the hosue sale!

Four weeks and we will be on the road to Yellowstone!! I can't wait!!!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

We had a wonderful time visiting with Susan & Trey Selman and Rick and Alana Jennings last Saturday in Cocoa Beach, FL. Looking forward to seeing them again soon.

Alicia - looking forward to seeing pictures of your trip to YNP. Also, yes - your adult beverage recipe will be welcomed and added to our RDBE Cookbook. :)

Our next trip out is a long weekend at NAS Pensacola the end of May. Meeting my half brother and his wife - P'cola is near half way between us and their Houston home. Also, looking forward to spending time with a girlfriend from 1st grade (I grew up in P'cola) and her husband, too. Probably will only visit the Navy Museum due to time constraints. Will be a good weekend to check out staying on military installations.

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

We are in the new camper and made our first trip today!!!!

It is so nice! I told my DH that it's like staying in a fancy hotel - where they make you work all day long (took us a lot longer to move out of the Cyclone than I had thought it would!).

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Hey Heidi! Your post prompted me to check out the last of the pictures Robert uploaded. Even the "in progress" pictures look beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person.

Safe Travels and enjoy your new home! ~S

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Heidi - this is the "official congrats on the new home"! I HAD a really cute picture to show how you must feel (a dancing puppy), but couldn't make it work... Anyway, you'd probably be dancing like him if you had enough feet! Do you feel like you need to wear kid gloves and not touch anything? How about the kitchen? Easier to prepare dinner for 6 now? More pantry I'm sure! We are truly SOOOOOOO happy for you guys. Look forward to seeing you guys and your new "crib" as our friend calls ours...

Travel safe and happy new home life to all - along with hugs for the little people from us.

Sharon

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Hello from East Tennessee:

It is raining cats and dogs here today and expected through the weekend. Carl and I finally finished loading all the pictures onto Photobucket and posted the slideshow links for everyone to view. We had a wonderful time at the 2013 ECR and would like to thank everyone again for coming and for the wonderful gift basket presented at the BBQ the last night. We look forward to seeing everyone at next years ECR and hope to make even more friends.

Safe Travels,

Donna

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Susan, a big congrats on selling your house! So glad for you guys!

Janet, thank you for compiling the recipes - and for making them accessible electronically, for those of us who despise paper.....

Donna, it looks like we'll have to make an ECR to meet you and your hubby. Welcome to the forum.

Sharon, I hope you get rid of your extra "stuff" quickly so you can get back to your fishing!

Alicia, take a picture of a moose for us, please. That's one of the few animals that we missed on our tour. Know you guys will enjoy your get-away.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Heidi thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to meeting you next year at the 2014 ECR!

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Heidi - thanks for the good wishes on the stuff. We got to town and as I put the key into the storage unit door, I looked at Richard and said "are you ready for the first taste of depression for the next few months?". Opened the door and both of us just groaned! We're talking about a 16' x 45' x 14' tall unit - and it's still about 1/3 full! There's tons of niche type items there that will be difficult to sell, but there's a ton of money invested in stuff there. Example, we made pens (did the art show circuit for 5 years straight) - and we worked thru sorting pen stuff yesterday. There has to be at least 500 pen blanks, 500 turned but not assembled pens, and who knows how many pen kits for assembly... TONS of photography and ebay coming up - and that's a small fraction of what's left in there. I'm tired thinking about it already. So now that Richard is up, it's time to strap on the roller skates and get busy again for another long day.

So are the kids super jazzed about their new bunk beds and bookshelves? How do they like having their own bathroom? Bet you guys like it better than they do!! We are truly so happy for you guys to have the "house that fits the needs"! Safe travels to you guys and all our ladies!

Richard & Sharon

Well I thought I was going to share a photo but it's too big. It's on my Pinterest page and you don't have to be a member to see it.

http://pinterest.com/pin/360499145142455344/

Edited by Off2YNP

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

That's so cute Alicia! No leash for him? You're brave or he's really well trained! Mine would be 3 states away before I could start chasing them!

Have a safe trip and enjoy the beauty and the critters...

Richard & Sharon

I am beside myself today because in ONE WEEK I'll be riding in my big rig with my awesome, amazing husband, two fun cats and great dog heading out to YNP for 8 glorious days!! I am just so stinking excited!!

We have a new license plate for the truck: ON2 YNP. Why? because we LOVE Yellowstone! We wanted Off2 YNP, but only 6 characters allowed.

Rick wired the Jeep to have four headlights on top of the rack: two will point further down the road than the regular headlights and the other two will be directed to the ditches on either side. Sometimes we get stuck in the park at dusk and the drive back is spooky and precarious. We hope the extra lights will help us prevent collisions with animals.

All camera equipment has been insured. All pets have had their vaccines updated. I am backing up my computer files as I type this. Next, I'll clean the sensors on our cameras. And then finally start packing. yes it's early, but Rick has to load the trailer for me because I'll be busy entertaining my high school BFF Thursday thru Saturday as we attend a business seminar in another city which I am also ecstatic about!

This is going to be a crazy week but I just cannot wait to get to get YNP!!!

Edited by ON2YNP

That's so cute Alicia! No leash for him? You're brave or he's really well trained! Mine would be 3 states away before I could start chasing them!

When we both get out of the truck, we put the cats in their carrier. Otherwise, yes, he would be GONE!

We are back in Crossville, TN where we had the 2013 ECR Rally and it is cool and windy. It feels like March or April and the Dogwoods are still in bloom. We are here for a little r and r and then back home and back to work for Carl. We would love to plan a trip to Yellow Stone one of these days. Alicia we are originally from Texas but fell in love with Tennessee.

Safe travels and great adventures everyone,

Donna

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

• 3 weeks later...

We would love to plan a trip to Yellow Stone one of these days. Alicia we are originally from Texas but fell in love with Tennessee.

Tennessee is a beautiful state! Where in TN are you? I grew up in Little Rock so we had a little bit of what TN offers.

We just left Grand Tetons after spending 2 days there and 8 days in Yellowstone. Wow! Wow! Wow! What an amazing adventure this one was. We ALWAYS have a awesome wildlife encounters, but the might before leaving takes the cake!!! Two Grizzlies circled our car (along with ab out 12 other cars) within feet of us as they grazed, wanderedaround and ate on a carcass.

We also spent the night and day with the Cravens. Mike and Suzan (Boomer's parents), really know how to put out the hospitality!!! We ate good for those 24 hours: good burgers and steaks! Oh, and they have the perfect spot for our HDT rigs - right next to their hanger!! Their new home and land is a restful and comfrotable place. Can't thank Mike and Suzan enough for hosting us! We'll be back!

Sounds like a wonderful trip, Alicia! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Raymond and I just returned from meeting my half brother and his wife (from Houston) in Pensacola. First time of staying on a military base and it was wonderful. We were within walking distance of the Pensacola Lighthouse, Navy Museum, IMAX, and Fort Barrancas. Edge of the RV park was on Pensacola Bay with White Sands and Crystal Clear water just like the Gulf of Mexico there. Fun Times! We were real adventurous and allowed them to sleep on our aerobed/couch! We, most likely, will not do that often....quarters are just too small for that; BUT we had perfect weather in Pensacola and stayed outside the RV except for sleeping! So, it was a good experience!

Already can't wait for our next short trip: 5 days in Charleston, SC with the Wagners and the Dixons. That will be 'it' for us and trips this year....tires all around will be the next order of business. HAHAHA

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart