Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

That's great, Steve!!! We are honored. . .be prepared to have a good time. Are you going to be at Tree Tops in Arlington? It's a 30 mile drive to The Gaylord. They start seating at 4:30pm; but, you might like to come much earlier to see the vast Christmas decorations; and/or "Ice" the ice sculpture exhibit.

In other news, due to miscommunication with family members, we have two extra reservations to the Dec. 22, 8pm show that we would like to sell to someone who will be in the area. They are $55.00 each. . .let us know! TICKETS ARE SOLD!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon_wink.gifGreetings everyone icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like everythng in TX is going "great guns"...Wish we could be there to enjoy it all with you...maybe next year... icon_smile.gif

We are still parked in Pleasanton, CA and still loving it there and Mike is still working...we are hoping for a few days off around Christmas...but don't know yet... icon_rolleyes.gif

I am in the "BPNW" (The Beautiful Pacific North West),Astoria, to be exact. Yep it is Nutcracker time again and I'm here to see Kaley perform in it for the 5th year...my how she has grown in the past 5 years...8yrs old to almoat 13 yers old makes a huge difference... icon_smile.gif

The weather here has been beautiful, mostly... icon_cool.gif some rain and very cold, but lots of sunshine too...the highs being in the loe 40's and the lows in the low 30's...

I'll be flying home on Sunday... icon_confused.gif Then it's all focused on getting ready for Christmas...I am really looking forward to it...

Anyway all you '06ers...keep the rubber-side down...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Hey Steve. . .The Vineyards is the first campground we stayed in (1 week) when we became FT'ers. It is nice; especially since Lake Grapevine filled up from all the rain. It's too pricey for long term stays for us ($22/night W&E). They limit you to two weeks during peak times; but, right now they might be more flexible. We spend more time in Arlington with the kids/grandkids than at The Gaylord; so, we stay at Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield ($350 + about $30 elec/month). Tree Tops in Arlington went up to $465 + $$$$$ electric per month. . .too much for us. We'll come see ya when you get here!

By the way. . .how come you're not on Melvis' Frapper Map?

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Jeff & Suzanne,

Looks like we're going to be in your area for a couple days starting on 12/4 or 5. We were wondering where you were staying, and when would be the best time to get together. How are the repairs coming on your airstream? We look forward to seeing you and anyone else in the area.

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Hey Robert & Shelly and Billie & Johnny. . .we are still at our daughter's house probably thru the end of next week. The axle arrived in Dallas yesterday; but, it probably won't ship to Quinlan in East Texas until Monday. We figure our home won't be ready until late next week; but, we have early call (two sold out shows) at The Gaylord on Friday; so, we can't pick it up then. We have one late private show on Saturday; so, if it's ready, we can go the fifty miles on Saturday morning; then, haul it to Mansfield by early afternoon. We will use Sunday to move back in; and, set up our mini-Christmas tree in our home!

Robert & Shelly, Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield or Tree Tops in Arlington would be closest to us and Billie & Johnny. Tree Tops is where Barb & Dave are hosting a happy hour for a bunch of 06'ers on the 20th; but, you may not be here then.

Thanks for the Elf message Billie, it was really cute!!! We'll send a heads up when we get re-settled.

Howdy everyone,

We arrived this afternoon at the Encore Sunshine RV Resort in Harlingen, TX, and can be found in space #3142 until early March of next year.

We will spend a day or two getting things set up here and then get in touch with some of you that we know are in the area.

It's nice to be warm again! icon_cool.gif

Safe travels...

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Gorden and Juanita...Sorry I missed you today at Laguna Atascosa. I was in the volunteer village all day roasting a turkey and helping out with the hunter check station. Diana and John are here also and we would have shared our dinner with you. We usually have Sat.-Tues. off so let us know when we could get together.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Hi everyone,

Made it to Arlington (TX) yesterday. We are staying at Treetops RV Village since we found it's a Passport America park. Full hook-ups w/ 50amp for $14.50/nite. Texan RV Ranch wanted $28/nite, so made our decision easy icon_wink.gif We are in the north end of the park on site #327.

Looking forward to seeing some of our fellow classmates again! Hope to see Jeff & Suzanne sometime today and Dave & Diane (Scubadave) tomorrow. Unfortunately, we will only be here till Friday. We are heading for AZ for the winter again this year. Anyone else in the area interested in getting together?

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Robert and Shelly,

We're so sorry we will miss you. We are in Tyler and won't be in Arlington until the 19th. We're doing the physicians visits, etc. Today it is the Vets for Shadow and Kit.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hello from Tampa, Florida.

We are at Lazydays, getting a few things fixed on the coach. Left PA the beginning of November with stops in Virginia, Myrtle Beach, SC, Jacksonville, FL for Thanksgiving with Dick's son and now here. Had toyed with the idea of going to Key West for a week, but decided to stay in Tampa area a little longer, before heading to Quartzsite, AZ. We will stay in the same area we did last year, La Pasa South. From there we are also planning a weeks trip to Sedona and then Phoenix. When things warm up we will head to Las Vegas to visit Dick's brother, and then do the Grand Canyon Thing. After that, its off to yellowstone and then on to Rapid City to do some business and then to Indiana. Dick has a 45th Reunion with his HS class in Aug so will be upstate NY in August. After that, who knows?

Gene and Shirley glad all is getting better for you. Best Wishes.

Gordon and Juanita, Glad we didnt see the snow you did. We will be passing through tx (I10) inJanuary and not sure if we will have time to side trip to see you guys, but good luck.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Gordon and Juanita and anyone else in the RGV, Consider taking the Wednesday morning bird trip of Laguna Atascosa that Diana and I run. We take you on the back roads of the refuge to see all the wildlife not available to the average visitor. We do the driving in a van and you get a better feel for what this refuge is all about. We also run a sunset tour on Friday evenings and there are plans for a tram tour after the first of the year. This is a great refuge and I'd love to show it to any Escapees in the area.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Greeting to All,

I came to San Diego for my son's birthday (Dec. 1) but it looks like I'll be staying on a few more days. Tonight my son and I are having dinner with a First Cousin I never knew I had until a few days ago!! Geneology is a wonderful thing now that there is an internet!!

Judy, I'll eventually be back there and would love to take your tour through the refuge.

Jeff & Suzanne, I AM on Mike's Frapper Map!! Ok, so my dot was hid for a couple of days, it's there on San Diego now! I promise to update as I travel East.

Robert & Shelly, I'll be in the Tucson/Benson are of Arizona in about 7 days. If you haven't already passed through let's meet up???

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

It's not etched in stone but we should be in the Benson/Tucson vicinity around the 12-14th. We would love to meet up with you if possible. We are hoping the weather will behave ;-) Will give you a call as we get closer to that time. P.S. we still don't see you on the Frappr?

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Jeff & Suzanne,

We wanted to let you know that we had a great time visiting with the two of you yesterday. It was nice to share "mead", a good dinner, and even better conversation. It's so nice to be out on the road seeing this great country with the added benefit of occassional meetings with good friends such as the two hams in a can.

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Been in Thackerville, OK for a week without internet access. Currently in Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield, TX for a week. Getting together with Shelly and Robert later this afternoon. Should be seeing Two Hams this weekend, if they get the "can" back soon. Anyone else in the area feel free to stop by, there is only one big red truck here at this time so there should be no confusion like in Q last year.

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Ditto to Robert and Shelly's response about meeting friends on the road - we had a great time with you guys and looking forward to meeting other classmates on the road as well. What a great life this is!

Dave and Diane,

Had a great time visiting you all yesterday. We enjoyed rehashing our experiences over the last year as full-timers. It was great to see the three of you (don't forget Annie!) again. Loved the window treatments that you worked so hard on, Diane. Looking forward to seeing you both down the road in the future.

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Hey all

We are in Kilgore, TX visiting with the kids and grandchild and getting all the doctor appointments taken care of for another year. We were able to catch up with Barb an Dave for a very enjoyable lunch and chat. We had a lot to catch up on. We are looking forward to going geocaching with them sometime. Driving the toad to Ohio for Christmas then back to Texas for a while.

Duane and Louise

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

Hi All,

I'm leaving San Diego area tomorrow for Texas (with stops in Yuma & Tucson on the way.

Mike, I am on the Frapper Map, I see my yellow dot right where it is suppose to be. However two people have told me that I am not on the Map! Can you see me?? If not, how can we we get me "un-hid"?

Hope to meet up in Texas.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Hi Steve. . .I looked for your dot again in San Diego; but, couldn't find you. Also, you don't appear in the "Rogues' Gallery" on the left hand side. Are you sure you aren't just a figment of our collective imaginations? icon_biggrin.gif

Steve:

I do not see your dot either. I am not sure what to do but perhaps if you "Join" again it will take and update.

Jeff and Suzanne:

Do you have time in the next couple of days to get together for lunch or something? We will be at Texan Ranch until Thursday morning. Hope to see you.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Archived