It's official

lappir

It's getting closer. Have been told by several that it's better to sell it whole and let the professionals dismantle it. I haven't called yet find out if Vanderhaggs would even be interested. They are the closest Truck salvage yard to where it's parked. They have nothing currently in a Gen 1 Volvo, I'm not sure if that's by design or not.  I still have to finish getting it empty of my personal stuff and the trucks are several miles apart now for a bit. Once they are side by side again I will finish the moves. By early September I will have to make up my mind. I know it's a long time to wait, but having interest in only the interior door panels makes me think selling it whole will be better. Now If there someone who wants the motor, hood first then it will be nothing to remove the door panels. Just thinking as I'm typing. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

16 hours ago, mike5511 said:

Where is the truck located you are going to part out? 

The truck is currently in Oskaloosa, IA. 

The decision on parting it out hasn't officially been made yet. 

I used the "Free Week" advertisement in "Truck Paper" and got no calls. Of course I didn't have any good photos. I hope to work on that this weekend. 

The truck gave me some very good years and may well serve someone with a bit more mechanical knowledge well for many more years. It was time for a change and a fellow member had just bought a Class A motorhome and had his truck for sale. 

Thanks for the patience in this. Once my decision is made I will post in the "for sale" area. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

I've decided to see what the Vanderhaggs company will bid for the whole unit. I've been to their location in Des Moines, Ia and actually got some parts for the Gold truck before from them. (lost a fuel cap, replaced an upper sleeper window  and there was a broken side marker when I first took possession of the truck). I sent the requested photos today. I'll try and post a link to some photos here. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3GeKYLneoxjLXvax6

someone let me know if the link doesn't work. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

7 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Link worked fine for me.

Thanks

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Got the bid and it's not all that good. Will have to think it over a bit. Maybe try to find another salvage yard. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

If you're selling to a salvage yard, they'll pay scrap metal prices. No two ways about it. They have to sit on it, selling bits and bobs off it, until the yard space is worth more than the metal price of the day. If you were to think about scrapping out a truck in our RV park, we'd have cross words. Sell it as a project, you'll likely do slightly better than the salvage yard price, but you'll have more work, too.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

16 hours ago, lappir said:

Got the bid and it's not all that good. Will have to think it over a bit. Maybe try to find another salvage yard. 

Rod

If you decide to scrap it out, let me know. I like road trips. I'll get the little stuff,  the fasteners inside the cab, maybe some gauges, no telling what all I might get!😎 (little stuff though, too old to pull motors, transmissions, and rearends etc)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to be busy this weekend and away from both trucks. 

I won't be parting it out in an organized campground and probably not where it's currently sitting. I think I have some options, but haven't actually asked the parties yet. 

I won't be letting any of the little stuff go until the motor at least is removed. Then I will be mostly certain the rest can go piece by piece. 

It could be a very good truck for the right person. Finding that person is the hard part. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800