New parking law in Macon Georgia

runaway parents

New law in Macon area starting January 1st. Law does not allow commercial vehicles and trailers over 8,000 to 10,000 pounds to park at home in the area. The the law effects truck drivers RV owners and more. Law also applies to public parking lots such as shopping centers. Hopefully this doesn't gain momentum and spread out West. We've already had Neighbors in the neighborhood complaining about semis Park in their front yards . I hope this don't open up another can of worms but what are your thoughts on this?

3 hours ago, runaway parents said:

what are your thoughts on this?

Any change like this would have had a period for public input. It may have even been an election issue. Did you attend? Vote? Make your voice heard?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

4 hours ago, runaway parents said:

what are your thoughts on this?

14 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

on the other side of the country from where I'm at

Then I think the good people of Macon, Georgia have excercised their rights.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

Rules similar to this are enacted all over the country, all the time.  Usually, they're zoning ordinances, meant to protect residential areas from blatant commercial activity, but sometimes things get out of hand.  We don't know all the details here, and frankly, since it's many hundreds of miles from me, I don't really care.  It's their town, they can do as they see fit.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

A little digging, and it appears the law was voted in, in 1998, with an exemption period that has now expired. With that kind of lead time, anyone complaining of oppresion hasn't been paying attention.

Please e-mail us here.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

OK, after reading that news report, which is not an accurate rendition of the city ordnance or law; proof of that is where it says he drives 70 hrs a day.; they say "commercial' trucks and RV's over those weights may not be parked in front of a house. Evidently parking beside or behind the house is approved.

Much ado about nothing for RVers IMO.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

OK, after reading that news report, which is not an accurate rendition of the city ordnance or law; proof of that is where it says he drives 70 hrs a day.; they say "commercial' trucks and RV's over those weights may not be parked in front of a house. Evidently parking beside or behind the house is approved.

I imagine he meant 70 hours a week. That tracks with logbook regs. Jay

12 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

My sentiments ^, exactly . ;)  

Goes around , comes around .

10 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I imagine he meant 70 hours a week. That tracks with logbook regs. Jay

I'm sure he knew, but the news medial did not pay attention to detail, which is the whole point of my reply. The story was reported with as much sensationalism as possible and facts were omitted or disguised.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I'm sure he knew, but the news medial did not pay attention to detail, which is the whole point of my reply. The story was reported with as much sensationalism as possible and facts were omitted or disguised.

It's been a long time since the media paid any attention to facts and details. Jay

I park my rig behind a 5' fence in the city of Denver.  So far so good and could not imagine having to pay for storage.  A few neighbors park there 5er's next to the house and do not have a fence.  Our city codes say they should be behind the fence but of course this is not enforced. 

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here