Visible's New Plans

LindaH

Visible has 2 new plans -- Visible for $30/mo and Visible+ for $45/mo.  According to my chat with a representative, the Party Plan will no longer be available to new accounts or for those who change from the original plan to one of these two new plans.

Here's the page where you can see the differences between the two plans: 

Visible Unlimited Phone Plans | No Annual Contract

I'm currently paying $25/mo on a Party Pay plan and I'm wondering whether or not it's worthwhile to up my monthly payment by $20 to go with the Visible+ plan just to add the 5G Ultra Wideband.  The unlimited roaming in Mexico and Canada as well as the international calling and texting isn't of interest to me.

Thoughts?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I have a Samsung S21+ phone.  I don’t think I need to upgrade it.  The roaming in Canada and Mexico isn't a concern.  The only thing I'd be interested in is the 5G Ultra Wide band, but I don't know if that's worth $20 extra a month.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

6 minutes ago, LindaH said:

I have a Samsung S21+ phone.  I don’t think I need to upgrade it.  The roaming in Canada and Mexico isn't a concern.  The only thing I'd be interested in is the 5G Ultra Wide band, but I don't know if that's worth $20 extra a month.

You should ask Visible if the S21 is compatible with their 5G Ultra Wideband.  Scanning the specs between the S21 and S22 it looks like the latter has a few extra 5G bands not included in the 21.

The limited availability of UWB holds no interest for me at this point, so I'll likely stay with the $25 plan as long as it's available. Visible is primarily a backup to my primary AT&T data service for those increasingly rare places where the AT&T coverage is weaker than the VZW coverage.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I am interested in adding a Visible plan to enhance our travel connectivity.  My primary phones and internet are on ATT and I'd like a Verizon network back up.  It would pretty much strictly be used for data when ATT is weak or has no signal.  Has anyone taken the sim out of a Visible phone and put it in an LTE router?  Is this even allowed or possible?  I have a dual sim cellular router with only one SIM in it currently (ATT) and would like to add a Verizon network sim to it for fail over when ATT doesn't work or has week signal.  The original party plan or one of the new plans would be nice.  I like the fact there is unlimited roaming in Canada with the upgraded plans.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Has anyone taken the sim out of a Visible phone and put it in an LTE router?  

Not in a router, but I did take the sim out of my Visible phone and put it in my tablet just as an experiment to see whether I could stream using Visible's unlimited data on a larger screen.  It worked just fine, but I didn't leave it in the tablet for any length of time, so don't know if I would eventually have received some type of warning from Visible.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

12:57 Youtube video by Stetson Doggett comparing old Visible and both new Visible plans - NEW Visible+ Speed Test vs Old Visible Plan!

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

21 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Has anyone taken the sim out of a Visible phone and put it in an LTE router?  Is this even allowed or possible?

My Visible SIM has been in a Verizon MiFi hotspot for the past 2 years or so. While it's technically a violation of their TOS, I've never gotten any error messages or complaints from them. If they someday decide to drop me for using only one of the three services I'm paying for, then I'll sign my wife up and do it their way.

Dutch

Forgive my total lack of understanding in this techy world, but we would like to get a Visible Sim when we start full time travelling for when in the USA.   We don't need it for work, and appreciate some areas may be redundant but for some entertainment it seems our best option overall when south.

I have two redundant Verizon prepaid Mifis (ones a Jetpack), from 2017/18 last used.   Is it just a question of activating the SIM card in a phone, and then taking out the card and putting it into one of these and it will work in the Mifi for wifi connection of other devices such as iPads, Laptops = assuming its the same size SIM?

Can I activate the SIM on an unlocked iPhone 8 (again a redundant phone I have here kicking around).   I currently use for my Canadian every day phone an iPhone 10.   All I do is check my email, iMessages a very rare web search for a flight due in and a handful of apps, like weather.   Nothing else done on the phone, as I prefer being a speed typist with fat fingers using my laptop better  LOL

7 hours ago, FULLTIMEWANABE said:

Forgive my total lack of understanding in this techy world, but we would like to get a Visible Sim when we start full time travelling for when in the USA.   We don't need it for work, and appreciate some areas may be redundant but for some entertainment it seems our best option overall when south.

I have two redundant Verizon prepaid Mifis (ones a Jetpack), from 2017/18 last used.   Is it just a question of activating the SIM card in a phone, and then taking out the card and putting it into one of these and it will work in the Mifi for wifi connection of other devices such as iPads, Laptops = assuming its the same size SIM?

Can I activate the SIM on an unlocked iPhone 8 (again a redundant phone I have here kicking around).   I currently use for my Canadian every day phone an iPhone 10.   All I do is check my email, iMessages a very rare web search for a flight due in and a handful of apps, like weather.   Nothing else done on the phone, as I prefer being a speed typist with fat fingers using my laptop better  LOL

The Visible site will let you know if a specific phone is compatible with their "Bring your own" option. Once you have the SIM and activate it on your phone using the Visible app, then yes, all it takes is moving the SIM to your Verizon compatible MiFi and changing the APN. If the supplied SIM size is too small for your MiFi, there are adapters readily available.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

We too have been looking at Verizon prepaid plans, but the ball-game has changed with the introduction of Republic wireless by Dish. $29/month for unlimited voice, text, and data, on 5G when available or LTE otherwise.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

28 minutes ago, durangodon said:

Do they use Verizon's network?  Hotspot limited to 10 gb?

I regret posting about Republic wireless. All I know if what is on their website. There is a downside I just discovered.This is only available to existing Dish customers. Even though we are a current Dish customer, that requirement just turned me off to switching to Republic wireless. Their website has no reference to which major network they contract with.

I've been investigating which carrier I want to switch to; Consumer Cellular is my current plan and they keep trying to make me buy a new phone every year. I've decided to go with the prepaid Verizon plan with unlimited text and voice, with 5G of data for $25/month after 9 months with them.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961